Chapter 2

Demi

I was so excited to start filming my first movie lead in Camp Rock. At the cast & crew meet party, everyone was so nice & welcoming. I felt so good about it. I got along with all the cast members, making lots of new friends. Nick Jonas was the only one I didn't get to talk to much. I got the impression he didn't like me. He seemed to hang out more with his younger brother or himself, than with anyone in the cast. His brother, Joe, said he was just shy til he gets to know ya. I hoped he would eventually like me. I didn't like it when someone didn't like me. I wasn't going to let anything get me down. I couldn't wait to hang out with everyone. They all seemed so cool. I had a feeling I was going to have some of these friends for life.

I found myself thinking of Nick whenever I thought about the movie. I thought he was so cute with his gorgeous brown eyes & head full of messy curls. I didn't know much about the Jonas Brothers, really. I did see their video for "Mandy" online last year, but I didn't remember much about it. I liked the song. It was catchy. I knew Nick was dating Miley because Alyson had told me at the party when I asked about him. I decided to look up the Jonas Brothers online to see what else I could find.

Six hours later, my mom came in my room to tell me to come down for dinner. I was on youtube for six hours watching interviews, myspace videos & whatever else I could find on the brothers. They were very entertaining & now I liked them even more. Nick was pretty funny & damn, he could sing! Watching all the clips & such online gave me more insight into the guys, too. I felt like I knew them a little better now. They were incredibly talented and, suddenly, I was feeling nervous about shooting this movie.

On Friday night, my friend, Marissa, came over to stay for the weekend. We were celebrating my birthday the next day & then in a few weeks, I was leaving for Canada to start filming. We weren't going to see each other for a month or so & I would miss her terribly. She was my best non celeb friend. We had known each other since we were ten & clicked right away. I told her everything & trusted her completely. She was the one I called after the party & got an earful about everyone & everything. She heard about Nick & even accused me of having a crush on him.

Coincidentally, that night, the Jonas Brothers were going to be on Hannah Montana & Marissa & I planned on watching it after High School Musical 2. We both loved Zac Efron. I had posters of him on my walls. Before the movie started, I showed Marissa some of the Jonas Brothers videos online. We laughed a lot. She agreed that Nick was cute but she said Joe was hot. We both agreed Kevin was sweet & very handsome.

Marissa & I were totally fangirling while we watched Hannah Montana

Marissa & I were totally fangirling while we watched Hannah Montana. I also found myself being very attracted to Nick. Maybe it was the rock star side of him or his squeaky voice, but I was drawn to him. I could relate to him. I felt a connection that I couldn't explain. I remember when him & I were sitting on the bench at the party in silence, I felt comfortable. I would have thought sitting with a virtual stranger in silence would feel awkward but it felt exactly the opposite of that. It was an easy silence. It was like we didn't even need to talk. I understood him even when he didn't say anything. I felt like him & I were very much alike, even if I didn't know anything about him. This feeling I had now watching him on screen had me intrigued. Why would I feel a connection like that to him? Is a friendship in the stars for us or is it something more? I know he had a girlfriend, but they were young. I doubt they would stay together forever.