To Be With You | Carl Grimes...

By Marvel890

[Discontinued at the moment] Brenda has never been a positive person. She lost her dad before she could even... More

Cast
Chapter 1: And I Know You Want To Get The Hell Out Of Here
Chapter 2: You Only Care About Yourself
Chapter 3: We Couldn't Risk It
Chapter 4: We Were Being Hunted
Chapter 5: Once They're Gone A Part Of You Dies
Chapter 6: His House, His Group, His Rules
Chapter 7: My Reason To Live
Chapter 8: Kill Me Now
Chapter 9: Don't Blame Yourself
Chapter 10: She Didn't Have To Suffer Anymore
Chapter 11: We Can Stay and We Can Fight or We Can Go
Chapter 12: He Just Is
Chapter 13: Kids Deserve To Be Kids
Chapter 14: Cell Block D
Chapter 15: Who Knows What Could Happen Next?
Chapter 16: Dosen't Work Like That
Chapter 17: Even Strong Men Get Scared
Chapter 18: So Used To Being Safe
Chapter 19: Not Again
Chapter 21: I Miss You
Chapter 22: If There's A Chance
Chapter 23: Look at the Flowers
Chapter 24: The So Called Sanctuary
Chapter 25: Not So Sure Anymore
Chapter 26: Who's Gareth?
Chapter 27: It's Complicated
Chapter 28: Isn't The End
Chapter 29: By Just Being Here With Me

Chapter 20: We Already Lost Them

189 12 0
By Marvel890

"I'm not sure about this." I said.

We were walking down the trail, everyone looking happier than ever. Except me. I didn't think this Terminus place was a good idea. I didn't tell the others yet, but I decided I could tell Tyreese. Carol was with the girls; I could tell her later. Maybe I could change their minds.

"What are you talking about?" asked Tyreese.

"Terminus." I replied, looking ahead of me to see if Lizzie or Mika had heard. "I don't think we should go."

"How could you say that?" Tyreese said.

"We barely know anything about it!" I told him. "We're not sure if it's really a sanctuary or not, w-"

"That's why we're going." said Tyreese. "We'll find out when we get there."

"What if it turns out to be a lie, huh?" I questioned. "What if it turns out to be just another war waiting for us. We lost Hershel, and practically everybody else. We're the only ones left-"

"You don't know that." Tyreese said, suddenly serious. I knew who he was thinking about. Sasha. I can't believe he thought she, let alone anybody, were still out there. I didn't want to make him feel bad, but how could anybody survive the prison's attack? We're lucky we even made it out.

I stayed quiet after. If I said anything else about the prison, I would lose it. It was in the past. I don't need to worry about it anymore. Or anyone. I just need to stick to this group.

"You could talk to me, you know. About what happened. You're not the only one that's hurting." Tyreese said.

"I don't need to talk about it, okay? It's in the past. We're here now. That's what we should be worrying about. Surviving." And then I walked forward, leaving him in the back.

***

"Look! A grocery store!" Mika said with a big smile on her face.

She ran over to the store without waiting for us.

"Wait, Mika!" Lizzie shouted and ran after her.

The rest of us ran behind them and luckily caught up to them before they could enter. Tyreese blocked them from the door.

"Wait, wait." Tyreese panted.

"Here, take her." Carol handed Judith to Lizzie and looked at the girls in the eye. "You two stay right here. We'll check inside. If anything happens, run."

The girls nodded simultaneously. Carol looked at Tyreese and I and nodded at us. We entered the grocery store.

Almost instantly, four walkers lunged at all three of us from behind the doors. I stabbed my machete through the middle of one of the walkers' forehead, sending it down to the floor. By the time I got my weapon out of the walkers' head, I turned around and saw the rest of the walkers already dead.

"I'll go straight, Tyreese go to the right and Brenda go to the left." Carol instructed and we nodded.

We went our separate ways. It was dark. There were no lights on, except the sunlight from outside. The store seemed like it was looked through a while back, cans on the ground and shelves with nothing but empty bottles. I took out my gun, just in case.

Every time I came across another aisle, my heart pumped. You never know if there were a herd of walkers just waiting for their prey to come at them like a trap.

I finally got to the last aisle. For some reason, I got a feeling in my gut telling me there was a walker hiding in the corner. I took a deep breath and spun my body around the corner.

I couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief. There were only three walkers. I couldn't risk using my gun, so I put it back in my holster.

The walkers haven't noticed me yet, so I tiptoed towards them, making sure I didn't make a sound. That didn't last long.

I couldn't look at the walkers and look at the ground to see if there were stuff in my way at the same time. But the walkers were more important to deal with than the floor, so I kept my eyes on them.

My foot slipped on a loose can. I fell backwards and came crashing to the ground, and landed on a can lid. Luckily, it only scraped my forearm. Unfortunately, I was now on the ground and the three walkers were now looking at me like I was their lunch.

"Like hell I am," I muttered and picked up my foot from the ground, kicking the nearest walker's leg. Its knee snapped backwards, making the walker to crash down next to me.

I plunged my machete through its head. I tried pulling it out, but it was stuck there. I didn't have time to get it out, so I unstrapped the machete from my arm quickly. I got it out just in time to roll to the side as another walker dropped to the ground, snapping its ugly and disgusting teeth at me.

Being I didn't have much time, I grabbed the sharp can lid from the ground and jabbed it multiple times in the walker's head until it stopped moving.

I jumped up from the ground, grabbed the last walker's head with my hands and smashed it with the can lid that was sticking out from the second walker. It didn't go all the way through, so I stomped my foot on both of the walkers' head, making their heads a big bloody mush. My foot didn't collide with the can lid.

I panted, breathless, my hands on my knees. "Phew," I said, standing up straight and wiping my forehead with the back of my hand. I put one foot on the first walker's head and my two hands on my machete. I pulled with all my strength, finally taking out my weapon from the corpse's head. I strapped it back on my arm. "Thanks for the workout, guys."

I left the aisle to see if Carol and Tyreese finished searching the place. They did, waiting for me at the front of the store with Lizzie, Mika and Judith. I went over to them.

"What happened?" Tyreese asked, nodding at my forearm, which was now dripping with blood.

"Oh, it's just a scratch." I said calmly, even though it hurt like hell.

"Come on, let's get that wrapped up." said Carol and she led me to the pharmacy aisle.

She found a first aid kit and started working on my arm. She glanced at my wrapped shoulder. "What happened?"

"It's not a bite." I simply said. She didn't need to know what happened, but she seemed to know it happened during the attack.

She looked down. "Who fixed it up for you?"

"Lizzie." I answered. "She said you taught her."

I caught her smile a bit. "Yeah. It took her a while, but she seemed to be paying attention."

She wrapped my arm in silence after that. It was awkward. It was kind of uncomfortable to be in silence with someone right next to me. I liked to be alone when in silence. Unless it was someone that I felt comfortable with. Not that I don't like Carol and all. I just didn't know her that well.

"I heard you talking with Tyreese earlier." said Carol. "I just want you to know that you're not alone."

"I don't want to talk about it. So stop asking me." I hated myself for speaking to her and Tyreese like this. "I'm sorry...I just-"

"I understand. And I do know what it feels like, Brenda." Carol told me. "You didn't know me before you came to the prison with Michonne. I lost people. Close people. I don't want to lose the rest of the group. They're my family, our family."

"We already lost them." I said quietly.

"We don't know that. I've been with Rick and Daryl and Glenn since the beginning. They're tough. They're out there, somewhere. Maybe they found the Terminus signs, too. Maybe they're on their way there right now." Carol told me. "I promise you, Brenda, you'll find Carl again."

I stopped short and looked at her slowly.

"If you ever need to talk, I'm here." said Carol. She finished wrapping my arm, got up and went back to the group.

I stayed back for just a moment, closing my eyes as tears threatened to spill over. I tried avoided thinking about it for the longest time, but it got to me. I didn't know if he was alive or not. I told myself I would forget about him soon. But I couldn't. He's Carl. He's my best friend. How could I simply forget about him?

I miss him.

~ ~ ~ ~
I apologize for the very boring chapter. I'm not proud of it, I must say. But I'm just waiting for this one chapter and I can't wait to get to it. I can't wait for you guys to read it!

Anyway, I still hope that you guys comment your thoughts and opinions. Don't forget to vote! Thanks!

~Marvel890

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

520 27 18
When the dead started rising three years ago MacKenzie was stuck on her own for 6 months until she finally her dad and brother. Now she is traveling...
854K 23.6K 128
June Gomez has lost everyone she's ever loved and survived the end of the world. When she stumbles across a group, she's determined to prove herself...
40.3K 1.1K 27
"Is it bad, that when I'm with you, all the pain, the guilt and the hurt, disappears?" Carl Grimes X Reader [DISCLAIMER- I do not own Carl Grimes or...
6.6K 221 10
Some would say the world ended the moment the dead began to roam the earth and eat the living. Others, would say it had only just begun, because for...