Wattpad Block Party - Winter...

Por KellyAnneBlount

Welcome to the Wattpad Block Party - Winter Edition II! Round three of this popular event is coming your way... Más

What Is the Wattpad Block Party - Winter Edition II?
Line Up
Giveaway Preview
Schedule
Sample Post from Rob Thier
Sample Post Two from DoNotMicrowave & JessGirl93
Meet the Authors - Multimedia Chapter
The Biggest Fan Contest
Ask the Editor (Deadline Feb. 5th)
Giveaways Are Live!
isabelleronin Presents: Bonus Scene from Chasing Red
RobThier Presents: My Writing Goals and Plans
Reekles Presents: From Wattpad to Screen - Getting a Movie Deal!
Christopher Pike Presents: Q & A Session
BrittanieCharmintine Presents: The B Side
KatherineArlene Presents: Merry Christmas, Baby
treblehearts Presents: The First One
OutOfMyLimit17 Presents: Q & A + Bonus Chapter
NatashaPreston Presents: The Cellar Alternative Ending
Bella_Higgin Presents: When Darkness Falls Bonus Chapter
Brucerelgin Presents: All About Plot
Giveaways Are Almost Over!
Giveaway Winners!
IMPORTANT NOTICE

Fallzswimmer Presents: Backstage Pass

14.5K 555 241
Por KellyAnneBlount

Hi everyone! My name is Ali, and  many of you know me by my username @Fallzswimmer. For the winter edition  of the Wattpad Block Party, I've teamed up with Lindsey Summers,  otherwise known as amazingly talented @DoNotMicrowave, to bring you a  "The Heartbreak Chronicles" and "The Cell Phone Swap" crossover. This  short story will feature POVs from my character Xander and Lindsey's  character Nicky. Don't forget to check out the giveaway link at the  bottom of this chapter for a chance to win a signed paperback copy of my  novel The Heartbreakers. Also, a HUGE thank you to our lovely host  @KellyAnneBlount for all her hard work on the block party.

Backstage Pass: A THC/TCPS One Shot (Part 1)

"Next!" the lady behind the counter called.

The  line barely moved as a guy with dreads stepped up to order. I counted  nine customers ahead of me—ten total if you included the two-year-old a  woman near the front was holding—and grumbled to myself. I was going to  kick JJ's ass when I got back to the Staples Center. It was his fault I  was stuck here.

The guys ordered Chinese for dinner,  and because of my severe food allergies to just about everything—nuts,  milk, eggs, soy, wheat, and any kind of fish—I couldn't have takeout.  Our manager Courtney brought me a specially made salad from the hotel we  were staying at, but being the pig that he always was, JJ went and ate  it. Apparently six egg rolls, a container of shrimp fried rice, and two  orders of Kung Pao Chicken wasn't enough for him. And to be clear, he  ordered all that food for himself.

There was no way I  could perform tonight without eating some kind of meal, so I had to  find a fast food restaurant near the arena that catered to my  restrictive diet. Courtney offered to send someone out for me, but I  insisted on going myself. The time away would give me a chance to let my  anger settle, or so I thought. Instead, I was considering different  ways to murder JJ. At the top of my list was death by ravenous  chihuahuas followed closely by death by plastic spork, both of which  sounded slow and agonizing.

Anyway, the only place I  felt comfortable eating at that was nearby was Chipotle—you could never  go wrong with a chicken burrito bowl—but of course, it was packed. I was  wearing a zip up with the hood pulled over my head and my bodyguard  Mike was standing by the door, but the longer I stood in line, the more  paranoid I became. There were throngs of teenage girl out tonight,  presumably for the concert, and it was only a matter of time before  someone recognized me.

Pulling my phone out of my  pocket, I checked the time. I'd been standing here for almost fifteen  minutes. And, as if to make matters worse, the lone woman behind the  counter disappeared into the kitchen when she finished ringing up  dreadlocks.

Come on, I nearly groaned out loud.

The girl behind me must have been thinking the same thing. "This is ridiculous," she muttered.

I  turned without thinking and was met with a pair of beautiful dark brown  eyes. Her arms were crossed over her chest as she surveyed the line,  and her foot tapped impatiently like she was having a hard time standing  still. Everything about the two of us was opposite: She had black curls  in comparison to my straight blonde hair; My pale skin looked ghostly  next to her tan; And at six four, I towered over her.

"Who staffs only one employee during dinner time?" she said when she caught my gaze. "It's a crime I tell you. A crime!"

"Um,  yeah. Totally." I didn't know what else to say, which was strange for  me. I never had issues talking to strangers. Out of the four of  us—Oliver, JJ, Alec, and myself—I did the best in interviews, because I  enjoyed chatting with people. As for girls, I didn't find them as  intimidating as I did back in junior high when I was a band geek. There  was something about being a member of a world famous boy band that  helped me get over my insecurities quickly.

But this  girl—the beautiful dark eyed girl—she'd only said a handful of words,  and for some freaking reason, I couldn't think of a better response than  totally. God, what was wrong with me?

I racked my  brain in search of something more to say, but before I could come up  with anything, she continued talking. "I don't even want to order  anything. I just want the fricking sample."

I jumped on this new bit of conversation. "Sample?"

"Yeah,  didn't you know?" she asked, her eyes lighting up at my question.  "Chipotle is testing a new habanero rice, and for today only you can try  a bowl for free." She said this with a huge grin, like free rice was  the single best thing in the world. I instantly decided that I liked  her.

"You're braving this line for rice?" I asked, my lips quirking in amusement.

She raised her chin like this was something to be proud of. "I take my free samples very seriously."

I couldn't help but laugh. "Yes, I can see that."

The  girl opened her mouth to respond, but then paused and narrowed her  eyes. "Hey," she said, cocking her head to the side. "Do we know each  other?"

Crap! My mouth instantly went dry and I  glanced over my shoulder at the line. The woman working the counter had  returned from the kitchen with another employee, and they'd already  served three more customers. With any luck, I'd be out of here soon.

"Nope, don't think so," I said quickly. "Enjoy your habanero rice."

I  turned back around without another word, praying to God she'd leave  well enough alone. The last thing I needed was to cause a scene at  Chipotle. What I should have done was forgot about my food and walk out,  but the empty feeling inside my stomach made me stay.

Free  sample girl didn't let it go. She flitted around me to get another look  at my face. "No, seriously," she was saying. "I swear I know you from  somewhere."

A long sigh escaped my lips. It would only be a moment until—

"Oh my God!" she gasped. The puzzled expression on her face vanished, and her eyes went wide. "You're—"

I  moved before she could finished her sentence. "Shhh!" I said, clamping a  hand over her mouth. "Please not here. Not when there are so many  people around."

"Mmm-ay," she mumbled against my hand, which sounded a lot like okay.

"You promise to be quiet?" I asked, and she gave a vigorous nod of the head.

I  released my grip and took a step back. The girl stared at me for a long  moment, mouth open wide like she couldn't believe I'd just done that to  her. I hardly believed it myself. I could still feel the tingle from  where her lips had pressed against my palm, and I quickly wiped my hand  on the back of my jeans.

"Sorry about that," I added as the tops of my ears started to burn. "It was rude of me."

"Holy—You are him," she whisper-hissed. "I knew it! You're Xander Jones."

"Er, yeah. Hi." God, there I go again with another genius response.

"This  is so crazy. My friends and I are going to your concert tonight." She  pointed out the window to where two boys and a girl were waiting. To my  surprise, both of the guys were dressed head to foot in Heartbreakers  merchandise. While I was used to seeing girls drag their boyfriends  along to our concerts, it wasn't very often I came across guys who were  genuine fans.

"Wow," I said, scratching the back of my head. "They really went all out for tonight, didn't they?"

At  this, the girl dissolved into a fit of laughter. After a few moments,  she calmed down enough to wipe her eyes and say, "Not by choice. They  lost a bet to me and my friend, otherwise they wouldn't be caught dead  wearing a Heartbreakers shirt. No offense or anything."

As  soon as she said that, I noticed that the tall blonde dude didn't look  very happy. He was staring off into the distance, a scowl on his face.  His arms were crossed over his chest, and it was obvious the shirt he  was wearing didn't belong to him: it wasn't long enough on his torso,  and his biceps looked like they were going to bust through the sleeves  at any moment. The hot pink feather boa wrapped around his neck  completed the look.

I let out a bark of laughter. "None taken," I told her. "That's hilarious. Props to them for going through with it."

The girl smiled and looked up at me through her lashes. "I'm Nicky by the way."

"Nicky," I said, testing out her name. "Nice to meet you."

"I  know you're probably sick of this, but I'd hate myself if I didn't ask.  Do you think maybe we could—" she paused and started rummaging through  her purse. After a few seconds of digging, she pulled out her phone.  "Ah, here is it. Could we get a picture together?"

I  hesitated. There was no way I could take a picture with Nicky. A few  other people in the restaurant had already cast curious glances in my  direction, and posing with her would only attract more attention. But at  the same time, I couldn't say no to this girl. Not with eyes like that. 

"How about this," I told her. "Give me you and your  friends names. I'll set up access passes so you guys can come backstage  after the show and take a picture with all of us."

"Are you serious?" she exclaimed, nearly dropping her purse. "Wait a sec...is this some type of prank where you punk your fans?"

I  had to stop myself from laughing. "Not a prank, I promise. When you get  to the Staples Center, go to the will call window. You can pick up the  passes there."

"Okay, just give me a second." Nicky  dug through her purse again with shaking hands. This time she pulled out  a pen and an old receipt to write on. "Thank you so much, Xander.  You're awesome for doing this. Not that I ever thought you were a jerk  or anything, but this is way above and beyond the call of duty," she  rambled.

"No problem," I told her, because really,  this was a win-win situation for me. I was going to make it out of  Chipotle without getting mobbed and I'd get to see Nicky again.

She  finished her list quickly and handed it over. "Here," she said, and I  could tell from the way she bit her lip that she was trying to contain  her excitement. Next to her name were three others: Keeley Brewer, Zack  Brewer, and Talon Harrington.

"Awesome." I folded the  receipt and stuffed it in my back pocket just as the woman behind the  counter called for the next person in line. I was up. "Well, I guess  I'll see you later then?"

"Definitely. Good luck tonight, Xander."

"Thanks.  I hope you guys have fun," I said in way of goodbye before stepping up  and ordering. They made my burrito bowl quickly, and as I was paying for  my food, I saw Nicky being handed her rice. "Enjoy your free sample," I  teased.

"Oh, I will," she said.

I  waved to her and headed for door. Just as I reached Mike, a thought  popped into my head and I spun around. "Hey, the blonde one," I asked.  "What's his name?"

Nicky, who was standing at the  condiments station grabbing a napkin, looked up. "That's Talon," she  said. "He's Keeley's boyfriend."

"Okay, thanks!" Then  I turned back around and said to Mike, "Sorry about the wait. I got you  an apology burrito. Extra steak, extra rice—just the way you like it."

Mike  laughed and ruffled my hair. "Thanks, X-Man," he said, using the  nickname he'd given me, before ushering me out of Chipotle toward the  town car idling at the curb.

I opened the car door,  but before ducking into the back seat, I looked around. Nicky's friends  were still waiting next to the window. "Hey Talon!" I called out. The  blonde dude glanced up at the sound of his name, eyebrows furrowed into a  deep V. When he caught my gaze, I grinned. "Love the boa, man." And  then I slid into the car and slammed the door before he could respond.

***

The  dressing room was suspiciously quiet when I returned to the Staples  Center, and my guard immediately went up. Ever since we became friends,  Oliver, JJ, Alec and I had always been a loud, obnoxious group of guys.  So when things got this quiet, it normally meant that Oliver was pulling  one of his usual pranks... and I had mixed feelings about the prospect.

While  Oliver's jokes were funny—for example, the time he cut two holes Mean  Girls style into all of JJ's shirts or when he replaced the music on  Alec's beloved iPod with Disney soundtracks—I'd been on the receiving  end of his antics one too many times. And since I was the one who'd been  gone for the past hour, I had a bad feeling that I was the target of  whatever trick he had planned.

I crept through the  dressing rooms as stealthily as possible, peaking around corners and  inching doors open when necessary so I wouldn't accidentally stumble  into one of Oliver's traps. After a minute of searching, I heard a loud  crash from somewhere down the hall. I froze, waiting to see what would  happen.

Then, "JJ! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!"

I  choked back a laugh. Loud clamor and someone yelling at JJ? That was an  everyday occurrence. Maybe Oliver wasn't planning a prank after all.

I  followed the racket back the way I'd come until I reached the family  lounge, a private room for parents and siblings and friends of  performing artists. None of our family had arrived yet, so I hadn't  thought to check there. When I opened the door, I expected to find JJ  doing something stupid as per usual. Instead, the first thing I saw was  Stella duct taped to a chair. Someone had taken an entire roll and  wrapped it around her torso and ankles. They'd left her hands free, and  she was casually scrolling through pictures on her camera as if being  tied up was totally normal.

"Um, Stella?" Memories  of the party we threw in Miami flashed through my mind along with an  intense need to pee. "What's with the duct tape?"

She sighed and glanced up at me. "JJ couldn't find any rope so..."

Yes, because that makes sense... but before I could ask her anything more, I heard Oliver growl in frustration.

"My fault? You're the one who shoved me! If I have any nacho sauce in my hair..."

My  head jerked up. Across the room, JJ and Oliver were standing over a  shattered glass table. It looked as if an assortment of food had been  laid out across the surface, but now there was pretzels and carrots and  Chex Mix scattered on the floor. The back of Oliver's shirt and jeans  were covered with salsa and other bits of snacks, and there was a small  scarlet cut on his elbow. JJ was bent over, both hands on his knees, and  laughing so hysterically that he could only shake his head in response.  In the background, Alec was sprawled out on a couch with his headphones  in, watching the scene with casual indifference.

I turned back to Stella and began the process of peeling off layers of tape. "Do I even want to know?" I asked her.

"Believe  it or not, they were acting somewhat adultlike half an hour ago," she  said with an eyeroll. "But then JJ lost a game of pool and challenged  Oliver to a sword fight."

Glancing back over, I  noticed that both my friends were holding cues from the pool table, and  Oliver was waving his at JJ in a threatening manner. "With cue sticks?" I  clarified.

"Yup. It got pretty intense. Oliver fell into the table and broke it."

Oliver's gaze snapped over to us. "He taped you to a chair and you're taking his side?"

JJ,  who'd finally controlled his laughing enough to straighten up, wiggled  his eyebrows in suggestion. "Maybe Stella likes a man who takes  control."

"Shut up, JJ," Oliver and Stella snapped in unison. Then they both grinned at each other.

"That still doesn't explain how you ended up in this particular situation," I said, gesturing at the chair she was stuck in.

"Oh,  JJ declared himself a pirate," she said with an exasperated sigh. "I'm  the prisoner or damsel in distress or whatever. My boyfriend is supposed  to be saving me, but apparently he's too busy killing innocent tables."

"Hey!" Oliver complained. "He pushed me!"

"And you just let them tape you up?" I asked.

She  waved off the question. "You know how those two are. Sometimes it's  just easier to humor them," she explained. Oliver joined us a moment  later, plopped down in his girlfriend's lap like he was a cat and not an  actual human being who was a good foot taller than her. Stella wrinkled  her nose and said, "Gross, Ollie. You're getting salsa all over me."

I  frowned. Ollie? That was new; Stella wasn't normally one for pet names.  Then again, ever since the two reconciled their relationship, they'd  been increasingly disgusting, taking their PDA to horrifying new levels.  Don't get me wrong, I was happy for my friends and they were perfect  together. But christ—could they refrain from sucking each others face in  public? I was starting to wonder if they'd ever move past the honeymoon  stage and return to the sarcastic, witty friends I missed instead of  the cheesy, loved up couple they'd been as of late.

Oliver  offered her a crooked grin. "Too bad," he said and then leaned in and  pressed his mouth to her. Stella couldn't have been that mad at him  because she set her camera down and leaned into his kiss.

"All  right," I said, standing up and moving away from them. "I'm not helping  Stella out of the chair while you two are making out."

Stella  laughed against her boyfriend's lips, but pulled away. "Sorry," she  mumbled to me, her cheeks dusted with pink. "Please continue the  de-taping process."

Oliver, on the other hand, didn't  look apologetic at all. There was a lazy grin on his face as he ran a  hand through his bangs. When he finished fixing his hair, he looked up  at me and said, "So what took so long, dude? You've been gone for over  an hour."

"I bet he couldn't make up his mind about  which salad he wanted," JJ said, coming over to join us. "Must have been  a tough decision between the one with lettuce and the other one with  lettuce."

"The line at Chipotle was killer," I said, ignoring JJ. "Then I had to set up a few access passes."

"For who?" Stella asked as she fiddled with the leather bracelet around Oliver's wrist.

"Nobody  you know," I said, adjusting my glasses. I wasn't going to mention  Nicky in front of Oliver and JJ. They'd give me major amounts of shit if  they knew I'd invited a girl I'd only just met backstage.

"You do know the record label is throwing us an after party to celebrate the end of our tour, right?" JJ said then.

That was news to me. "What? Since when?"

"Today, I guess," he answered with a shrug. "Mr. Williams showed up after you left and requested our attendance."

At  the mention of Alec's father, Stella drew her lips together into a  tight line, disdain clear on her face. After everything he'd put Oliver  through last year, I couldn't blame her.

"What the hell happened to Lord Voldemort not bossing us around anymore?" I asked.

Oliver  released a heavy sigh and wrapped an arm around Stella's shoulders.  "Gotta pick and choose our battles, man," he said. "Going to a party  isn't that big of a deal."

"Yeah, I suppose you're right," I said, my shoulders slumping.

Even  though we didn't like Mr. Williams, he was still our boss and the  person responsible for our band's success. Sometimes you just had to  swallow your pride and discontent and do something you didn't like  because it was the mature thing to do. Kind of surprising coming from me  or Oliver or JJ, but we had our moments.

Of course,  that didn't ease the guilt I felt over having to ditch Nicky. I'd  promised her a chance to hang out with us backstage, and now I'd have to  go back on that promise. All I could do was hope she'd understand and  forgive me.

The door to the family lounge swung open  and Courtney appeared, her ever-present clipboard clutched in her  hands. "All right, boys. Everyone needs to head back to their dressing  rooms. It's time to get ready for the show."

"Um, hello?" Stella said as we all moved to follow Courtney's orders. "You can't just leave me here."

"Oh,  for heaven's sake!" Courtney said, her gaze flicking upward in  annoyance when she saw Stella's predicament. "Seriously, boys? Duct  tape? I swear, sometimes I think I need to hire a babysitter for you  lot..."

We all grinned. She was probably right.

TO BE CONTINUED...

-----------

Don't forget to enter the #WattpadBlockParty - Winter Edition II giveaways!

Giveaway Link (with widgets): http://kellyanneblountauthor.blogspot.com/2016/01/wattpad-block-party-winter-edition-ii.html

Giveaway Link (with widgets): http://kellyanneblountauthor.blogspot.com/2016/01/links-only-wattpad-block-party-winter.html

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

53.3M 379K 66
Stay connected to all things Wattpad by adding this story to your library. We will be posting announcements, updates, and much more!
203K 10.2K 89
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
80.3K 2.1K 31
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
199K 711 24
its all in the title babes 😋