Fallzswimmer Presents: Backstage Pass

Hi everyone! My name is Ali, and  many of you know me by my username @Fallzswimmer. For the winter edition  of the Wattpad Block Party, I've teamed up with Lindsey Summers,  otherwise known as amazingly talented @DoNotMicrowave, to bring you a  "The Heartbreak Chronicles" and "The Cell Phone Swap" crossover. This  short story will feature POVs from my character Xander and Lindsey's  character Nicky. Don't forget to check out the giveaway link at the  bottom of this chapter for a chance to win a signed paperback copy of my  novel The Heartbreakers. Also, a HUGE thank you to our lovely host  @KellyAnneBlount for all her hard work on the block party.

Backstage Pass: A THC/TCPS One Shot (Part 1)

"Next!" the lady behind the counter called.

The  line barely moved as a guy with dreads stepped up to order. I counted  nine customers ahead of me—ten total if you included the two-year-old a  woman near the front was holding—and grumbled to myself. I was going to  kick JJ's ass when I got back to the Staples Center. It was his fault I  was stuck here.

The guys ordered Chinese for dinner,  and because of my severe food allergies to just about everything—nuts,  milk, eggs, soy, wheat, and any kind of fish—I couldn't have takeout.  Our manager Courtney brought me a specially made salad from the hotel we  were staying at, but being the pig that he always was, JJ went and ate  it. Apparently six egg rolls, a container of shrimp fried rice, and two  orders of Kung Pao Chicken wasn't enough for him. And to be clear, he  ordered all that food for himself.

There was no way I  could perform tonight without eating some kind of meal, so I had to  find a fast food restaurant near the arena that catered to my  restrictive diet. Courtney offered to send someone out for me, but I  insisted on going myself. The time away would give me a chance to let my  anger settle, or so I thought. Instead, I was considering different  ways to murder JJ. At the top of my list was death by ravenous  chihuahuas followed closely by death by plastic spork, both of which  sounded slow and agonizing.

Anyway, the only place I  felt comfortable eating at that was nearby was Chipotle—you could never  go wrong with a chicken burrito bowl—but of course, it was packed. I was  wearing a zip up with the hood pulled over my head and my bodyguard  Mike was standing by the door, but the longer I stood in line, the more  paranoid I became. There were throngs of teenage girl out tonight,  presumably for the concert, and it was only a matter of time before  someone recognized me.

Pulling my phone out of my  pocket, I checked the time. I'd been standing here for almost fifteen  minutes. And, as if to make matters worse, the lone woman behind the  counter disappeared into the kitchen when she finished ringing up  dreadlocks.

Come on, I nearly groaned out loud.

The girl behind me must have been thinking the same thing. "This is ridiculous," she muttered.

I  turned without thinking and was met with a pair of beautiful dark brown  eyes. Her arms were crossed over her chest as she surveyed the line,  and her foot tapped impatiently like she was having a hard time standing  still. Everything about the two of us was opposite: She had black curls  in comparison to my straight blonde hair; My pale skin looked ghostly  next to her tan; And at six four, I towered over her.