Going for Glory ;; An Amoursh...

By TheNameIsMark

After travelling back to Kanto from a long holiday with his Mom, Ash finds all of his friends in the Kanto re... More

Chapter 1 - Something Ends, Something Begins!
Chapter 2 - Meeting Old Friends!
Chapter 3 - Preparing To Battle!
Chapter 4 - Tournament Training
Chapter 5 - Serena vs Miette
Chapter 6 - Surrounded By Shadows
Chapter 7 - Mystery With Miette
Chapter 8 - Read Like A Book
Chapter 9 - Final Day
Chapter 10 - Let The Games Begin!
Chapter 11 - The Games Continue
Chapter 12 - Cilan & Gary vs The Twins!
Chapter 13 - The Broken Kiss!
Chapter 14 - Cilan's Fighting Spirit
Chapter 15 - Living In The Shadows
Chapter 16 - Post-Round Questions
Chapter 17 - Round Two! Electric vs Dark!
Chapter 18 - Round Two Reaction
Chapter 19 - Confiding In Friends
Chapter 20 - Serena's Strong Heart
Chapter 21 - Round Three Begins; Cheap Tactics!
Chapter 22 - Round Three! Dead-End
Chapter 23 - The Final Stretch
Chapter 24 - A Day Of Rest or Fun?
Chapter 25 - A Dark Turn Of Events
Chapter 26 - Round Four! The Lucky Number?
Chapter 27 - The Dark Plan
Chapter 28 - The Fight of His Life
Chapter 29 - Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 30 - A Feisty Rematch!
Chapter 31 - Final Sixty-Four!
Chapter 32 - Ash-Greninja
Chapter 33 - Five Minutes
Chapter 34 - Gary vs Cilan!
Chapter 35 - May's Nightmare
Chapter 36 - Best Laid Plans
Chapter 37 - The Quest For Zekrom
Chapter 38 - A Day At The Beach
Chapter 39 - The Battles Continue!
Chapter 41 - Flawless Victory?
Chapter 42 - Love...Pentagon?
Chapter 43 - Tournament Turmoil
Chapter 44 - As Long As I Have You
Chapter 45 - Miette's Mission
Chapter 46 - Love and Leadership
Chapter 47 - Darkness Prevails
Chapter 48 - Madness and Violence
Chapter 49 - Lance & Iris vs Zekrom
Chapter 50 - Illumination
Chapter 51 - A Mega-Evolved Frenzy
Chapter 52 - A Mega-Evolved Stand-off
Chapter 53 - Mental Strength
Chapter 54 - Gaining Ground
Chapter 55 - An Emotional Battle
Chapter 56 - The Sacrifice
Chapter 57 - Fighting For Love
Chapter 58 - Try Not To Lose Yourself
Chapter 59 - Picking up the Pieces
Chapter 60 - The End Of Another Journey

Chapter 40 - Darkness Falls

2.5K 83 51
By TheNameIsMark

"She said she would be here..." Brock scratched his chin, confused as to why May hadn't shown up, the battles well under way by now.

"I am going to check on her" Ash stood up. "You stay here and support Dawn, someone has to"

"Mhm, ok" Brock nodded, leaving Ash to go and see May. 

"Lets go buddy!" Ash sprinted off, feeling as if it was an emergency, Pikachu immediately challenging Ash and sprinting next to him.

She seemed a little off while telling her story, during her tournament match. A voice in her head? What has happened? Hold on May, I will be there soon. Ash thought, his brows furrowing in annoyance, preparing for anything.

Ash finally got to the lodge and he slowed down to a walk, getting his breath back. Pikachu took the opportunity to rest on Ash's shoulder.

"The whole lodge is dark..." Ash scratched his head and then knocked on the door. "Hello, May?" 

Ash decided to slowly hold the handle down and to his surprise, the door opened. It slowly creaked and opened, the sun light creating a small amount of light for Ash, who immediately noticed the lamp in the corner of the room was on. Ash then saw the silhouette in the corner.

"May?" Ash called out to the person on the bed, who didn't reply. "Are you ok?"

"Darkness will fall and your fate will be decided" May was whispering to herself, rocking back and forth in the corner. She continued to repeat herself. "Darkness will fall and your fate will be decided"

Ash immediately frowned and climbed onto the bed, grabbing onto May's shoulders. He began to shake her. "May, wake up! Whatever is inside your head is not real! Wake up!"

May stopped repeating herself and looked up at Ash, her red eyes and grinning face one that he had never recognized. But, suddenly, her eyes became normal and her face dropped, before she suddenly passed out onto Ash's lap.

Ash looked down as May, who was now unconscious and sleeping, lay down on his knees. Ash slowly got up, placing May at the right side of her bed, to keep her head supported by something more comfortable. 

"What should we do, Pikachu?" Ash asked his partner and best friend, who turned to reply.

"Nothing, is the correct answer" A figure blocked the light from the sun, it was Parker. "Oh, Ash, dear old Ash. Why couldn't you just stay at the arena and enjoy the battles? You didn't have to put your nose in someone else's business"

"What have you done to May?" Ash asked, but Parker only smirked.

"I suppose you can have some fun in here, why not" Parker then stepped back and shut the door, deciding to leave Ash as it wasn't part of his plan.

"A-Ash?" May croaked, her throat parched. Ash turned in shock and brought out some water. 

"Here, have a drink"

May coughed to clear her throat and then took a sip of water. "What's going on?" 

"You...You was going all crazy, May, are you okay?" Ash asked, sitting next to May as she too sat up, putting her head against the wall. 

She suddenly jumped at Ash, pushing her head into his chest, big sobs escaping her as tears rolled down her cheeks. She looked up at Ash, a weak, innocent face that was scared for her own sanity.

"It is horrible Ash, the voices I hear" She wiped the tears from her eyes and held onto Ash like he was the only sane person left. "I need help, but I don't know what to do"

Ash calmly held onto her arms and pushed May up so she was making eye contact with him. Then, his face became serious.

"I am here to help, no matter what happens. Explain everything to me" Ash then let go of May, who stifled a sob and then sat back down next to the wall.

"There is this voice, in my head. I can't quite explain it. Almost like is taking over me" May sniffed, wiping more tears from her eyes.

"Like a spirit consuming you?" Ash wondered to himself, but he said it out loud. 

May nodded in reply. "I am not too sure I believe in paranormal activity, but that could be a possibility" 

"What does it say?" Ash asked. "Because it did start happening during your match against Elizabeth. 

"Something about darkness and how there will be judgement brought to the Kanto region. That it needs my help to succeed" May looked at Ash with eyes he had never seen before. They went beyond fear, they was completely devoid of any life, scared and worried, not ready for what may happen next. 

"I am guessing then, that there is some sort of machine on you now, maybe even inside of you, somehow, that is enabling someone to speak directly into your head and his or her words will be the cause of your worry" Ash hypothesised and May giggled.

"I think that is the smartest thing you have ever come up with" She laughed, wiping more tears from her eyes.

"Glad to see you are laughing" Ash smiled back, before going back to the matter at hand. "Do you remember anything from 15 minutes ago"

"Hmm" May put a hand on her chin and thought about it momentarily. "I remember being in bed and getting up, but everything seems blank after that. Then, you are suddenly here when I wake up"

This is bad. Ash instantly thought, getting up.

"I came in and you was talking to your self, rocking back and forth. Then you suddenly collapsed on me and I put you back into bed.

May's face turned red and she looked away. "How embarrassing, sorry" She apologized. 

"There is no need to apologize. Maybe taking your mind off of this will be better for you" Ash suggested.

"What shall we do then?" May wondered, making Ash raise an eyebrow.

"Go and watch Dawn's match of course" Ash said like, duh.

"But I am hungry!" May smiled and then Ash did too.

"Ok, we can go and get something to eat first" He agreed, Pikachu slowly waking up from Ash's shoulder at the mention of food.

The three of them headed to a diner not too far from the lodge and ordered a burger each, Pikachu eating some Pokemon food made by Brock and Cilan. 

"You feeling better?" Ash asked as he looked over at May.

"Much, thanks for asking" May replied with another smile. "This takes me back to our time in the Hoenn region" She said, nostalgia hitting home. 

"You was dragging me off to go eat an awful lot" Ash laughed, finishing up his burger. 

"Not just that, the fun and laughter we shared throughout the journey" May looked over at Ash, who looked back.

"All my journeys have been great fun, that's why you guys are all awesome!" Ash replied, turning to Pikachu. "Right buddy?"

"Pika!" Pikachu spoke for the first time today, but instantly turned back to his food.

"Well, I am finished now so we can go to the tournament" May got up and Ash followed, turning to Pikachu again. 

"Time to go, buddy, you can eat the rest later"

Pikachu jumped onto Ash's shoulder hesitantly, while he bagged the food. They all headed to the arena, so they could support Dawn.

"So, who else is in today's matches?" May asked as they walked down the path leading to the stadiums that could be seen in the distance. 

"Erm..." Ash thought for a moment and then nodded to himself in confirmation of his thoughts. "Clemont and Iris are"

"Oh, so that means Brock and Misty still have their battles to go now. We all got chosen pretty quickly" May commented and Ash nodded in agreement.

"Even all of Team Shadow have had their matches. Seems like it will be a few extra days of rest for us all at this rate" Ash sighed, thinking of the relaxing time he could have for three or four days.

"Say, Ash?" May stopped walking, about twenty feet away from the main arena.

"What is it?" Ash stopped next to May and turned, looking down at her.

"Thanks alot" She looked up and smiled, before rising onto her tip toes and surprising Ash as she kissed his cheek. "Really, thank you" She smiled again. 

"Er...Your welcome" Ash put his hand on his cheek and looked at May as she calmly skipped down the path and into the main arena. 

What the hell... Ash thought properly for once, no dense thoughts were possible after Serena and Miette. Don't tell me there is three girls now! He groaned in his head, before following May inside. 

Questions were best saved for later.

They both didn't see the person on the far right, watching them as they walked in.

Misty watched Ash with her arms folded, before following them into the main arena.

---------

Everyone likes a little bit of drama, am I right?

Bet no one was expecting this kind of chapter to appear xD 

Onwards, to the next chapter! Hope you enjoyed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

390 18 9
Pokémon Gray. What if Ash had never traveled to Unova before? Ash now eighteen and World Champion, he wants to take an important step in his journey...
89.4K 1.2K 21
After losing to Alain at the Kalos League, Ash went back to Kanto only to get betrayed by his so-called friends, including Serena. Believing they wer...
30.8K 625 23
As the Kalos gang continue to travel around the region, one little change of mind would trigger several emotional thoughts and revelations, and cause...
77.4K 1.6K 23
The Sequel to "An Amourshipping Story" Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters in this story or Pokèmon •~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•...