Nothing's Ever Easy [BoyxBoy]

By SuckedInByBooks

[COMPLETED] Travis Dawn's life has never been easy. Living in the shadow of your best friend is tough, but he... More

Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 1
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 2
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 3
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 4
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 5
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 6
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 7
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 8
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 9
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 11
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 12
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 13
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 14
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 16
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 18
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 19
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 20
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 21
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 22
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 23
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 24
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 25
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 26
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 27
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 28
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 29
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 30 [Final]

Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 10

2.5K 104 17
By SuckedInByBooks

Okay guys, i'm extremely sorry for taking so long. i was going through a few things. it's all sorted out now and i hope to update more frequently. sorry again.

this chapter is way shorter than the others. i was fangirling over Jack Sparrow while writing it. (distractions, distractions everywhere)

The pic is of Adrian. :)

The video link is 'Made In The USA' by Demi Lovato. 

ENJOOOOOOOY

comment, vote, like, promote, etc

~Adrian~

By the time I woke up the sun was already high up in the sky. I blinked as my eyes tried to adjust to the light. I looked around the room and saw that Travis had already gotten up. The different things in the room came into focus and I noticed a few pictures on a desk by the window and trophies on a shelf against the wall. I scoffed. It figures that Landon would leave his trophies on display.

I threw the covers off me and stood up to go walk to the window. I glanced outside and yawned. Movement from outside caught my eye and I saw Evelyn and Landon on the lawn playing golf. Evelyn kept missing the golf ball. Landon came up behind her and held her hand in his and swung the club back and forth again. Evelyn jumped p and down in excitement at how far the ball went. She turned around and hugged Landon before starting the cycle all over again. I scowled and pulled on a sweatpants and t-shirt before making my way outside.

“Morning, sleepy head.” Evelyn ran up to me and planted a kiss on my cheek.

“Morning.” I glanced at Landon. “So what are you guys up to?”

“Landon’s teaching me how to play golf.” She said excitedly.

“I didn’t know you had an interest in golf.”

“I don’t.” she shrugged. “I saw Landon playing and he let me take a few swings.”

“I’m glad to see you getting into other things.” I smiled.

“I’m going to go inside Travis and Claire promised us a big breakfast.” I nodded as my stomach growled.

“I’ll join you in a second. I want some morning air first.” I kissed her quickly and watched as she went inside.

“Some morning air? Wow, I think you should go ahead and apply at the institute of professional liars.” Landon mocked.

“Stay away from my girlfriend.”

“What?” Landon blinked.

“You heard me.” I moved a bit closer to him. “I don’t trust you and hell, we both know I don’t like you either. I have my doubts about you and the only reason I can stand to be around you is because Travis is my best friend. You have no business with Evelyn, so stay away from her.”

“I’m with Travis, that’s obvious. Sure I’m bisexual but everyone knows I’m basically gay. I have no other interest I Evelyn except her friendship.” Landon said calmly.

“You don’t need to be her friend.” I sneered. “I don’t like the vibe you’re emitting.”

Landon mock-laughed. “You don’t like the vibe I’m emitting? Are you insane? What the hell could I do that would be so bad?”

“Hurt the people I care about.” I stated. “Watch it Landon. One wrong move and your ass will be mine.”

“Is that a threat, Adrian?” he narrowed his eyes.

“Consider it a warning.” I said before turning around and walking away.

“Hey, I se you and Landon are talking like civilized people.” Travis said as he set the plates on the table.

“Talking, sure.” I fake smiled. “What’s for breakfast?”

“Food.” he and Claire said together.

“No specifics?” I raised an eyebrow.

“The food’s on the table.” Travis said ignoring my question.

I shook my head in a amusement and moved over to the table. it was decked with a variety of fruits and drinks. There was a plate filled with turkey bacon, another filled with eggs and of course, there were pancakes. My mouth watered at the sight. The others joined us and we began to eat.

The breakfast was amazing, but all good things had to come to an end. “Thanks for the delicious food.”

“Yea, don’t get used to it” Claire joked.

“So much for hospitality.” Nash mumbled.

“We have cereal and milk. You know where the kitchen is.” She took a bite of her bacon.

Nash stuck his tongue out at her. I smiled at how close they were as a family. With me being the only child and us living so far away from the rest of our family, I wasn’t really as close to anyone. Travis was basically the brother I never had. We always stuck together and were more or less inseparable.

All of us helped in some way or the other to clean the kitchen. Each had a job to do, the washing up, the drying off and the packing away. I honestly had no idea why they didn’t invest in a dishwasher. The remaining few cleaned around the rest of the house.

Once the place was all cleaned up, there was nothing else we wanted to do except sit under the shade next to the pool. The weather was nice outside and it would do us a whole lot of good to relax for a while.

***

~Evelyn~

We spent quite a few hours in the pool before we decided to spend the rest of the day watching movies. Nick and Mark were put to bed a while ago so that left me, Adrian, Landon and Travis sitting in the lounge. Landon used the sofa as a backrest and Travis laid his head on Landon’s lap while both of the, were on the carpet. Nash said he was sick of seeing us continuously so he headed off to a friend’s place a few miles away.

I yawned and rested my head on Adrian’s shoulder. The movie we were watching wasn’t boring- She’s The Man- but I watched it before. I honestly didn’t understand why the guys chose that movie. It was a cliché chick flick and I was sure that they’d hate it. Landon and Travis got up and moved into the kitchen. I hoped that they would bring popcorn when and if they came back.

“Are you tired?” Adrian asked me.

“Not really.” I wasn’t lying. “I’ve watched this movie before. I know how it ends.”

“Why didn’t you say anything?”

“You guys seemed awfully interested in it. I didn’t want to spoil you fun.” I shrugged.

“That was nice of you.” he leaned down and kissed me. “Hey, do you want to take a walk outside with me?”

I nodded and put the blanket that I had wrapped around me on the sofa. We moved towards the door but were stopped by Landon and Travis on their way out of the kitchen with soda and chips.

“Where are you guys headed?” Travis asked suspiciously.

“Outside. It’s getting a bit stuffy in here.” Adrian answered before I could even think of stammering out an excuse.

“You guys do plan on coming back in sometime soon, correct?” Landon raised an eyebrow.

“I don’t think that’s any of-” Adrian started.

“Of course.” I cut him off. “We’re just going out to the patio. There’s no need for you to get so protective.”

“That’s one thing that will never change little sister.” Travis patted my cheek as he and Landon walked by us.

I shrugged and followed Adrian outside. The night was cool enough without the need of a sweater. It was peaceful and I could hear the faint sound of crickets in the distance. I looked across the lawn. I couldn’t see any further that the lamps that were lined out in a neat row. I was brought out of my thoughts by the sound of Landon clearing his throat.

“’Ev, there’s a reason that I asked you to join me here outside.” He said shyly.

“Oh?” I phrased it as a question. I was curious to see where he was going with this.

“Yea, uh, I got you something.” He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small square-shaped box.

My eyes widened as I saw what he held in his hand. “I really don’t think we’re ready for that yet, darling.” I joked.

“No, no it’s not a ring.” He frowned at the box like it did something to him. “It’s something small. I hope you’ll accept it.”

“It’s from you, of course I’ll accept it.” I smiled at him.

He opened the box slowly to reveal a sliver chain with a pendant hanging from it. he held it up to the light and I noticed that it was in the shape of a circle with an ‘A’ in the center.

“Adrian, it’s beautiful.” He gestured for me to turn around and I held my hair up as he put it on for me. I put the tips of my fingers to the pendant and I turned around to face him. “I love it, thank you.”

“I watched this movie once and I got the idea for the design soon after that.” I looked down at the item that glimmered in the faded light.

“A movie?”

“Yea, I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry.” I chuckled and shook my head in amusement. “That Asian guy kept talking about a circle and how it never ends and well, you know. I want us to be like that metaphor; a circle.”

I beamed at him. “Sometimes you can be so adorable.”

“Only sometimes?” I stuck my tongue out at him halfway so that our lips would meet. The kiss was chaste and lasted only a few seconds but there wasn’t anything I’d rather be doing right now.

Everything Adrian did made me like him more each day and I hoped that things wouldn’t change too much between us in the future. At the rate things were going I was on the fast track to falling in love with him; if I wasn’t already.

*** 

A/N: Soooooo? what did you guys think? 

as i said, it's short.

i'm still working on getting used to Adrian. in my mind he's seperate from everyone else so it's a bit difficult to capture what he's feeling at certain times.

i hope you liked it.

thanks for reading

Much Love...

   Carrie♥♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

354K 12.8K 26
|| Description edited. || "I'm just an ordinary guy. There is nothing special about me." Ashton constantly told himself. Ashton was the only gay kid...
6.5K 169 18
"Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked, confused. Did I have something on my face or what? Weirdo. "You..." He trailed off, without finishing...
62.1K 3.1K 42
It only took one summer to change everything. Now Camden is just trying his best to carry on with life like normal, but that's a little tricky when h...
12.7K 250 72
[COMPLETE!] *AN: I wanna say the start of this books if cringe and slow, but i've been working on this book for like 5 years of my life. so if you ca...