Save Me [complete] | min yoon...

By Infiressi

Kwon Hyorin is living the good life. She's newly graduated from university, has caring parents, and a loving... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Epilogue
Sequel Info + Things

Chapter Five

8.7K 294 632
By Infiressi

Chapter Five

That morning I woke up feeling more rested than I had in past months. I felt as if a weight had been lifted from my shoulders, and I could breathe easier.

It was still somewhat early when I got ready for the day, so I decided to go through my phone while waiting for Yoongi to come at noon. It wasn't surprising to see the excessive amount of texts I'd received overnight.

Where are you?! –Mom

Please come home –Mom

It's been five hours. We're going to call the police. –Mom

Get home right now. –Dad

Where are you? We've been looking for you for hours –Unknown Number

I'm so worried about you –Unknown Number

Why did you leave? –Unknown Number

I scoffed as I read the last text. It was very apparent that the number was Jungkook's. Even though he'd asked why I left, I'm pretty sure he knew why.

As for my parents, I wasn't sure if I should respond to them or not. I'm sure that they hadn't actually called the police – a runaway daughter wasn't exactly good for their reputation.

In the end, I decided not to respond. Maybe in a few days I would be willing to talk to them, but at the moment, I was still angry. I was upset that they'd made me get back with Jungkook, and I was upset that he'd cheated on me again.

I let out a breath, deleted all the messages, and then decided to check my social media for the remainder of the time.

Noon came by slower than I'd hoped, but Yoongi was ten minutes early. I practically flew off the bed when I heard the knock, and I opened the door to reveal a grinning Yoongi.

"Hey," he greeted. "I'm glad you answered, I was scared I got the wrong room."

I laughed and pulled him inside, shutting the door behind us. "So, what are we doing today?"

"Well, I don't know about you, but I haven't eaten yet. Wanna grab some food?" he suggested. I nodded enthusiastically as my stomach growled.

Quickly, we headed out into Seoul. The city was full of people, and the weather was nice and cool. We walked for quite some time before we arrived at a café. I was surprised when I realized that I recognized the place.

"This was where we went before, right?" I asked him as he held the door open for me.

"Oh, probably," he said, walking in behind me. "I come here a lot."

We ordered some lunch and sat at a table near the windows at the front of the building. As we ate, we conversed.

"How long do you plan on staying in Seoul?" Yoongi asked me.

"Well, I was kind of thinking that my stay would be permanent."

His eyebrows shot up. "Really?"

I smiled and nodded. "Yeah. I really don't want to go back to Busan ever, and you're here."

An awkward silence settled between us for a moment before I realized what I just said. Quickly, I corrected my mistake. "I mean, uh, you're the only person outside of Busan that I know. . ."

The left side of his lips quirked up into his signature half smile. I felt my face heat up and I looked down to my food as if it would help me hide.

"So," I said, quickly getting over my embarrassment. "What do you do for a living?"

He looked almost surprised by my sudden question. "Oh, um . . . I'm a rapper. Underground."

Oh, right, I think he told me that before. "That's amazing. I'd love to hear you rap sometime, I bet you're really good."

He shrugged, his pale cheeks slightly tinged pink. "I'm not all that great, there's a lot I need to improve on."

"I bet you're just being modest," I teased. He rolled his eyes and smiled.

"Well, you'll have to come over again sometime so I can show you," he said. Then his expression dimmed. "Why did you leave so early?"

"What?" I asked, confused. He just looked at me. Oh. "Um, I really just wanted to go home. And I'm really awkward with people, and I intruded in your home, and -,"

"It's okay, Hyorin," he said. "I was just curious."

I sighed. "I left you a note, didn't I?"

He shrugged. "Probably."

After we finished our food, we went back to his apartment since neither of us had anything better to do. When we arrived, I made my way over to his couch and plopped down on it comfortably. Yoongi snorted before sitting next to me.

"Making yourself at home, hmm?"

I grinned at him. "Well, considering this couch was once my bed, I think I've staked my claim here."

He rolled his eyes at me again for the millionth time that day. At one point, he turned the TV on and we sat there for a few hours, passing the time in comfortable silence. It amazed me how at ease I felt around him, even though we'd practically only known each other for three days.

I spent the rest of the day at his apartment, lounging around on his couch while he did whatever he needed to do. At one point, I decided to voice my thoughts aloud.

"Yoongi, I think I need to get an apartment."

"Huh?" he said, looking at me from over the top of his laptop.

"An apartment. I think I need one." I repeated. He frowned.

"How much money did you bring with you?" he asked. "Typically runaways don't exactly have money to blow on an apartment."

I shrugged. "My parents are pretty loaded. They treat me well. But I think I need to get a job."

He looked perplexed. "Well, as far as apartment hunting goes, I don't think I'm the best person to ask. But the café we were at earlier is hiring."

I pondered that for a moment. I'd never worked a day in my life, and I honestly never thought I would have to. But the thought of working and actually making something of my life was an exciting prospect. "I think that would be good to try."

"Really?" he asked, as if shocked that I'd taken his suggestion seriously. "No offense, but you don't exactly seem like the waitress type."

"Well, I've never worked, like, ever. So you're probably right, but I've got to start somewhere, right?" I said. He shut his laptop and set it down on the coffee table next to him.

"If you're serious, I can walk you down there tomorrow."

"Awesome, thanks," I said with a smile that he returned.

The next day, Yoongi was at my apartment at ten. We walked to the café and when we got there, Yoongi ordered food and left me to find out what I was doing on my own.

I stood around awkwardly for a while until I saw a cute guy with broad shoulders coming towards me. He gave me a serious look.

"Can I help you?" he asked.

"Oh, yes. I noticed that you're looking for people to hire and I'd like to apply." I said with a smile. His eyebrows furrowed.

"We still have that sign up . . . ?" he mumbled to himself. He glanced at me. "We don't really need workers at the moment."

"Please? I think I would be a good addition here." I pleaded.

"What can you do?"

"Uh . . ."

"Exactly," he said. He turned to go back behind the counter when another guy came rushing over to us.

"Seokjin hyung, be nice. She obviously wants to work here, so what's the problem?" he said.

The broad shouldered guy, who was apparently named Seokjin, sighed. He turned to me with a look of disdain. "You're lucky Hoseok's here. You start tomorrow at seven, understood?"

With that, Seokjin disappeared behind the counter. Hoseok grinned at me. "What's your name?"

"Hyorin. Kwon Hyorin."

"Ah, nice. I'm Jung Hoseok. How old are you?" he asked suddenly.

"Uh-,"

"I was born in 1994. Am I older than you?"

"Yes-,"

"Call me oppa!" he said excitedly. Hoseok was practically bursting with energy. "Okay, Hyorin-ah?"

"Hoseok!" Seokjin yelled. "You're actually supposed to be working!"

Hoseok rolled his eyes. "See you tomorrow, Hyorin!" And with that, Hoseok went back to Seokjin. I stared after him as he walked.

"That was weird," Yoongi's voice came from behind me. I turned around to face him. "You got the job?"

"Yeah . . . I guess I did."

Over the next week, things were pretty much the same every day.

I went to work from seven in the morning until noon (I was still in training, so I didn't have to work the full hours yet). Hobi (Hoseok decided I needed to call him that and not oppa) and I became fast friends, and the two of us bonded over making fun of Seokjin together. To annoy him, Hobi told me to start calling him by the nickname "Jin".

It was one of the easier way to piss Seokjin off. He was really into formalities, and he freaked out when either one of us called him Jin. Of course, that was why we did it.

After work, I headed over to Yoongi's apartment. I spent a lot of time on his computer, searching for an apartment. Eventually, I found an average one that was in between work and Yoongi's place. It was pretty much perfect, except that it wasn't exactly on the same level of extravagance as my parents' house. That didn't really bother me much, though.

Surprisingly, I hadn't been contacted by Jungkook or my parents all that much. I was grateful for the lack of attention and I hoped that they were just slowly forgetting about me. As bad as that sounded, I was enjoying life at the moment, and I didn't want it to be ruined.

Tonight was Friday, and after work, Yoongi was going to introduce me to his friends. He and I had grown immensely closer over the past week, and we were very comfortable with each other now. He was my best friend.

Today, Jin decided I was trained enough to work the full hours, so I had to stay until four. I was okay with that, though. I found that I actually enjoyed working at the café, and Jin was even starting to grow on me a bit, though he was a little prickly.

Friday was a busy day at the café, and the three of us were swamped with work. I was relieved when four finally rolled around. I was in the back room getting ready to leave with Jin and Hobi when I got a text.

Yoooooooooo –Yoongi

I can't wait to meeeeet yoooooouuuuuu –Yoongi

Asjgbkn –Yoongi

Fuck sorry. Tae stole my phone. Plz save me. –Yoongi

I laughed when I read the texts, and Hobi read them over my shoulder.

"Who's Yoongi? Your boyfriend?" he asked. I felt my cheeks heat up a little.

"No, he's just a friend. Apparently I need to go save him from his other friends, though," I answered. "You know, I don't have either of your numbers."

"Really? Well, let's fix that," Hobi said, grabbing my phone out of my hands. He entered his number quickly before tossing it to Jin. The older boy sighed and entered his number as well before handing it back to me.

I stuffed my phone in my pocket and headed to the front door of the shop.

"See you next week, Hyorin-ah!" Jin called out after me. I grinned. He was starting to get used to me.

I stopped by my new apartment before heading to Yoongi's so I could change and clean up a bit. Before leaving, I sent Jin and Hobi a text.

Here's my number -Hyorin

Saved! -Hoseok

K -Seokjin

I rolled my eyes at Jin's reply. Of course he would only give a one-letter response.

Then, I left my apartment and headed to Yoongi's place. When I arrived, Yoongi practically pulled me inside and wrapped me in an embrace.

"You've come to save me," he mumbled.

"Yah! Yoongi hyung! Is she here?" someone yelled loudly from the living room. Yoongi groaned into my shoulder, and my heart sped up a bit at the sound.

"Come on," he said, pulling away and taking my hand. He led me into the living room where I was met with the sight of three unfamiliar figures - two male and one female.

Yoongi pointed to the taller of the guys. He had short, light brown hair and a round face. Currently, he was completely engrossed in his phone. "That's Namjoon."

Namjoon gave me a lazy smile and turned back to his phone. I couldn't help but laugh a little. The other guy stood up and practically ran into me as he hugged me.

"That's Taehyung," Yoongi said blandly.

Taehyung was also extremely tall, and he had darker brown hair than Namjoon. He had a rectangular smile and seemed as full of energy as Hobi.

"Hi! It's so good to finally meet you! Yoongi's been hiding you forever!" Taehyung said as Yoongi pulled him off of me.

"Hiding me?" I questioned, confused.

"He didn't want us to meet you," Namjoon said without looking up. Yoongi's cheeks turned slightly pink.

"Yah, shut up," Yoongi mumbled. Taehyung ran back across the room and sat on the girl, who'd been sitting quietly on the couch the whole time.

"Oppa!" she yelled. "Get off of me!"

Taehyung's only response was sticking his tongue out. She rolled her eyes and pushed him onto the floor. Then, she stood up and bowed to me.

"Hello, my name is Amanda," she said formally. Amanda was definitely not Korean - in fact, she didn't seem to be of Asian descent at all. She had large eyes, short dark brown hair, and was about my height. "I'm American, by the way. I moved here a couple of years ago."

Her gaze travelled to Taehyung, who was still sprawled on the floor. He looked up at her and winked, and her cheeks reddened. Taehyung pushed himself up off the floor and walked over to her, slinging an arm around her shoulders and pulling her against his body.

"She's my girlfriend," Taehyung said cheerily, kissing her cheek. The poor girl looked beyond embarrassed.

"You two are so adorable," I commented, smiling.

"Amanda's alright," Namjoon piped up. "Tae's an idiot."

"Hyuuung," he whined. "Why does everyone like my girlfriend more than me?"

"Because you're annoying," Yoongi said, pushing past the two so he could sit on the couch.

"He's not annoying," Amanda mumbled quietly. Taehyung smiled at her and laid a chaste kiss on her lips.

"I love you," he told her, grinning. She smiled.

"I love you, too."

"Please get a room before I throw up."

"Namjoon," Amanda scolded.

I couldn't stop the laugh the burst past my lips. Yoongi's friends were hilarious, and there was something about their interactions with each other that I really liked. Yoongi glanced up at me as I laughed, and then he motioned with his hand for me to go sit next to him.

I moved around the two lovebirds and plopped myself down next to Yoongi. He lifted his arm and put it around my shoulders. Taehyung and Amanda sat down next to me.

"So how did you two meet?" Amanda asked me.

"Oh, uh . . . it's a long story."

"We've got time," Taehyung said, leaning back against the couch comfortably.

I glanced at Yoongi out of the corner of my eye. He was looking at me steadily, and I'm pretty sure I saw him nod.

"Okay, well, it all started about two months ago . . ." All eyes were on me as I told them the story. By the end, all three of the new faces looked very surprised. I felt Yoongi's thumb rubbing circles on my shoulder.

"That's crazy," Amanda said. "I can't believe he would do something like that."

"What was his name? Jungcock? Sounds like a douchebag," Namjoon commented. Taehyung snorted.

"That's an understatement," I mumbled. A short silence fell between us.

"So!" Taehyung said loudly. "When are you and hyung getting together?"

My head snapped up, eyes wide. I could feel a blush forming on my cheeks when Yoongi answered, "Taehyung, shut the fuck up."

Namjoon raised an eyebrow at the two of us. I caught the look, and he turned his attention back to his phone. I looked over to Amanda, and found her trying to fight a smile.

"What?" I questioned.

"Sorry," she said, grinning. "It's just – never mind."

I then heard the sound of the TV turning on. All heads in the room turned to look a Taehyung.

"My show's on," he said simply. Amanda relaxed in his arms, and the two of them paid all their attention to the TV. Namjoon was still on his phone, and I rested against Yoongi. The two of us decided to watch the TV as well, and that's how we spent the rest of the night.

At one point, Namjoon left to pick up pizza, and that was our dinner for the night. I ended up staying at Yoongi's until ten in the evening. I bid goodnight to all of them, but Yoongi walked me down to the lobby of his building.

"Thanks for coming over," he said, shifting his weight from foot to foot.

"It's no problem. I'm glad I got to meet your friends. They're amazing," I said with a smile. He smiled back at me.

"I'm glad you think that," he said. "I was worried that you all wouldn't get along. I know Tae especially can be a bit much."

I laughed. "No, he's funny."

We stood in front of each other awkwardly for a moment. The silence was broken by the sound of a phone going off.

"Shit," Yoongi said, pulling his phone out of his pocket. He looked at the caller ID and instantly looked stressed. "Sorry, I've got to take this. I'll see you soon."

"Yeah," I said quietly as I watched him walk back toward the stairs. I sighed and made my way out of his building. I felt tired – today a lot had happened, and I was more than ready to go home and sleep it off.

//What did you guys think of the new people introduced this chapter? Special shout out to my friend, @namRAPMONSTERjoon (she's the inspiration for the character Amanda).

Most of you probably don't know, but tomorrow, I will be posting a teaser for a new story titled Danger. It's a Jungkook vampire AU, so if you're interested, keep an eye out for that! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

332K 19.8K 26
Yoongi has one friend and absolutely no interest in making any others. Insisting that Namjoon is all he needs, he spends his days hiding peacefully i...
348K 17K 60
Aliya didn't realize she was in love with her best friend until he announced that he is getting married. With a broken heart, she attends his wedding...
1.2M 65.9K 55
A one night stand that changes everything. Kim Seokjin has just finished his degree to become a high school teacher. Hes struggled constantly to make...
71.3K 2.5K 35
{COMPLETED} "How's my babygirl doing this morning?" He asked me. "Why did you you do this to me?" I asked him while tears are coming out of my eyes. ...