A Kiss Under The Mistletoe

By MissReadsTooMuch

Bibliophile Gwen got kissed under a mistletoe at a Christmas Party. She has no idea who kissed her. That's a... More

❄️a/n+disclaimer+TRAILER❄️
Prologue
Chapter 1: Ron A.K.A Weasley Boy
Chapter 2: Check Engine Light
Chapter 3: Queen of Loopholes
Chapter 4: Distracted, the Lady is
Chapter 5: Isabelle's Food
Chapter 6: Emergency Dance 'slash' Sing-along Party
Chapter 7: Reading is LIFE
Chapter 8: Sports and Pets
Chapter 9: Why Mary?
Chapter 10: In The Theater Auditorium
Chapter 11: Whoops, Johnny!
Chapter 13: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 14: Gwen the Book Hoarder
Chapter 15|Part 1: New Guy
Chapter 15|Part 2: Group Projects
Chapter 16: Slaves
Chapter 17: Nicknames
Chapter 18: Moment Killer
Chapter 19: Dobby is Free
Chapter 20: Lifestyle & Religion
Chapter 21: World War III
Chapter 22: Missing SMS
Chapter 23: Privacy in The Room of Weirdness
Chapter 24: Gillepsi and Cohen's Tale
Chapter 25: Whisper
Chapter 26: Overwhelming Feelings
Chapter 27: A Night Off
Chapter 28: Life in Rosy Hues
Chapter 29: Ache
Chapter 30: Mondays
Chapter 31: Tumblr Life
Chapter 32: Christmas Break
Chapter 33: What A Charm
Chapter 34: Love Ballad
Chapter 35: What A Twist
Chapter 36: I Know

Chapter 12: A Way Out

1.9K 114 3
By MissReadsTooMuch

"I'm not sure anyone knows what they're looking for until they find it."
— Kiera Cass, The Heir

"Do you think will be stuck here longer?" Luke asked me. To be honest, I'm quite enjoying myself here with his company.

"I think so." I replied, smiling. He saw me smiling, he'll probably think I enjoy his company, which is true but I don't want him to know that so I added quickly, "blizzards are a blast."

"I still need to release my urine though." I said with an impatient voice.

I just realized something, why do I have to tell him? It's not like Luke's a girl and that he'll accompany me in the comfort room.

It was just a habit of mine to ask Esme to escort me to the comfort room because, do you know why girls keep on going to the comfort room with such number? That's because girls learned a lesson from Hermoine Granger to not go to the comfort room alone. You might be attacked by troll if you do. That's why I'm practiced telling someone I need to urinate.

I rolled my eyes and started walking towards the nearest comfort room before Luke could even reply a humorous comment.

"Gwen, wait!" Shouted Luke, running after me when I was far away from him.

I stopped walking to wait for him. "If you don't hurry up, I'm going to explode."

"Alright! Just hold your horse, Gwen." He said in between his breathes.

When we were finally at the comfort room, Luke waited outside whilst I pee. When I was washing my hands I observed my surroundings. I saw a medium-sized rectangular window on the wall in my left.

I wondered if a cat could get in and out, and with that thought, I got an idea if we can use that to get out of the building. Luke'll be happy that we could finally leave.

"Luke!" I called out excitedly when I was done observing, still in the middle of rinsing my hands.

"Yeah?" He shouted back, outside the comfort room.

"Come in here." I said and turned off the closet, drying my hands afterwards with shaking it in the air.

"That's the girls comfort room and you want me to get inside it?"

I snorted softly. "Like you haven't seen the inside of it."

I don't know why or how I can practically talk to him like I've known him for ages. Where was this shy, introverted girl?

"I mean, right? You probably dragged girls to kiss and tell here." I blushed with my use of words. I never talked to someone like this. I didn't even talk like this to Esme, and mind that she's my best friend for years now!

Luke went in the comfort room with his arms crossed. "I do not!"
His eyes looked around, avoiding eye contact with me. "Okay fine, I did." He spoke in an edged voice.

"Why am I here, Gwen? What's so awesome that you want me in here?" He questioned me.

He went near me, face to face, eye to eye. "Want me to kiss you so that you'll tell?" He said in a smutty tone. His eyes lowered  down, focused in my lips to be exact. I stiffened, frozen leaning against the counter top.

I blushed lightly but hid it quickly. "Is this how you get away with girls, Luke? Because I think I've heard otherwise." I said, trying to sound confident.

Mental self-five!
I've thought because I think my comeback was pretty good and because I did sound confident.

I didn't really hear anything about him, but with his playful, flirty-self, and with gathered facts about his reputation in the school, I'm guessing he's a playboy.

Luke laughed out loud, using his arm to hide his mouth. "To be honest, I'm not usually like. I don't know if this is Ron's personality rubbing on me when he's not with me." He said when he stopped laughing.

"What were you trying to show me, Gwen?" His playful side disappeared.

"Well," I said and paused to recall why. "Oh! Perhaps we could leave using these windows."

He looked at the windows I was talking about and back to me. "I guess we could."

We were both thankful that Luke could squeeze in the window. I was thankful to be almost timid.

When Luke was trying to fit in the window, feet first — since outside of the window is already the cemented floor covered with snow — I was already out and I was laughing my ass out because Luke had a hard time fitting his butt and hips.

As I was waiting for Luke to fit, I observed my surroundings. I looked up the sky and see that the snow wasn't falling on us hard. I think that the blizzard passed by to us. We should've tried the doors first.

"Luke?"

"Yeah?" He muffled loudly for me to hear, I heard him groaning more, fitting his body to the max.

"The blizzard has passed." I muttered.

"I'm already out, so no use for the doors." He said when he finally managed to get out the window.

We walked towards the parking lot where we parked our cars, using Luke's phone's flashlight to guide us since it's dark. We both saw our cars and I stopped walking and looked at Luke, he did the same.

"So this is it, we're finally free." I said, trying to sound excited.
Deep, deep, deep down, I was really sad that we're parting ways. I hope Luke and I remain friends after this incident. However, he did say he wanted to talk to me because he wanted an entertainment.

"Yeah, I guess it is." He muttered.

That is how we escaped hell hound. It's still kind of funny that we used the bathroom windows. So, if there's any apocalypse — zombie apocalypse — I know now where to escape next.

We continued to walk again but we stopped when we saw a couple of headlights— a car approaching campus grounds. The car was pretty familiar, even though I could only make out the figure of it. It was familiar because the car who owns it, was mine and the driver of the car, was my mother.

My mom was a small woman, almost child-sized, with dark brown hair like mine, a neat face, and emerald eyes that my sister and I inherited. The car honked at us, the headlights flashing our eyes.

I see my mom running towards me quickly when Luke and I finally saw the face of my mother. My mom pulled me into a tight hug when she finally reached me which made me embrace her back. She puts her hand in the back of my head, her other hand, resting in my lower back.

"I was worried sick." She whispered softly in my ear. "When we noticed that you weren't in the house, I was about to call the police but then your sister found out from Esme that you were in school."
Oh no. I hope Esme didn't tell Charlotte that I'm in school because of her envelope.

She released me and rested her hand in my cheek. "I thought your sister called you that I'm not gonna fetch you at school?"

I released a sigh of relief, knowing that she doesn't know why I'm here. She must've thought that I'm here because I'm waiting for her.

I frowned. "She didn't." I muttered, softly. She did call, but she called the house phone so that doesn't count.

"Let's talk in the car, you might catch pneumonia." She said, worried as ever.

She have put a hand in my lower back and pushed me forward. "Come on, sweetie."

I started walking, slowly. I didn't really know how to say goodbye to Luke. It feels so awkward to have my mother standing right behind me if I'll talk to him, I don't know why, but I kind of feel like embarrassed. However, it's impolite to not say goodbye to a company.

Like, if you're going to excuse a friend in a different classroom and there's a teacher, what'll you do?
Knock, greet the teacher, excuse your friend politely. And if you're done talking to your friend, do you just leave your friend behind and go back to your business? No. Not in my nature. I always thank the teacher and then I leave. So I felt like that. I felt like I needed to say goodbye to Luke, but I'm not doing it in front of my Mom. It'll feel more awkward.

"Wait for me in the car, Mom." I informed my mom.

She stared at me confusedly.

I added quickly, "I'll just say goodbye to my," I paused to think if we are friends for a second and regain my sentence, "friend, Luke for a minute."

My mom's eyes enlarged when I mentioned the word "friend", like it's a magic word. She nodded and continued to walk towards my car.

A/N: So, how was the chapter? It's sad to know that they'll go in their separate ways now. 😏 I totally shipped #Luken
A friend of mine suggested to put music/youtube link in a chapter. If a reader out there likes that, I'll try to find songs that'll match a chapter.
This is not edited so excuse any grammatical errors. I hope you enjoyed this, don't forget to leave a comment and a vote. 💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.8K 1.5K 76
Harry Potter x female reader °。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。 Cedric Diggory has a younger sister named Y/n and she's starting her fourth year at Hogwarts. H...
900K 80.4K 38
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...
7.4M 206K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
234K 10.3K 35
"I love you more than anything." Mad at you; book 2.