Aqua (book 1 out of 3)

By cactiintheforest

(book 1 out of 3) (completed) Ariadne Bayou had a pretty normal life. She just moved to Dewie creek, South Ca... More

"hillo"
the nook
Mr. Strong Arms
"I'm here for a reason"
Jessie Thetys Bayou
sirens blessing
"Barely Immortal"
Swimming with Cole
"My fingers are... Pruning. Ew"
"Think of water"
Coles Dad
Coles POV
Twenty one miles from home
Quinns Talk
3rd pov
Fishers
Fishers
Fishers (part 2)
Exhilarating
Australia
Who skylar?
Fever
The end
Ouranos
Fan Art

fishing

134 8 2
By cactiintheforest

I looked outside my window, enjoying the quiet neighborhood. My blanket was wrapped around me, even if I'm pretty sure its 90 degrees out right now. I heard my phone make a vibrate sound from across the room, and made no rush to retrieve it. I hesitantly picked up my phone, unlocking it to see the text message.

Unknown:Σύντομα, Αριάδνη, σύντομα

I felt my face blush a little, the thought of Cole speaking Greek 2 days ago still scared me. I shut my phone off, all the way. I know I would regret it, but it really didn't matter to me right now. I quickly made my way back to the bay window, looking outside for any unwelcome strangers. Or particularly, Cole Williams.

No one was there, and I let go of a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

_-_-_-_

I pulled on my sun hat, and rubbed my face with sun screen. I'm pretty sure my brother would bury me in the ground if I went to his little fishing spree, but he didn't have any control over me. I pulled my red hair in a messy ponytail, and put on some flip flops. I bumped in to Jessie in to hallway, him scanning me.

"What do you think your doing?" he asked suspiciously.

"Going to the nook." I answered in a 'duh' tone.

"Hell to the no!" he exclaimed, taking my sun hat off my head.

"Hell to the yes. I'm not a baby anymore, I'm pretty sure I can handle myself just fine." I snapped, taking my sun hat back, and placing it on my head.

"Well I'm not driving you." He said in a childish tone. I shrugged, and walked out the door. "wait- Ariadne! You could get sun burn- that could lead to wrinkles, you know."

I laughed a little, now passing the big wheat field. I carried my John Greene book, even if I'm pretty sure I'll only get to the 5th page. Jessie ran up to catch up with me, walking beside me with his net and fishing pole in hand.

"I tried texting you last night." He states, running his finger over the net.

"My phone died." I lied.

"no it didn't, you filthy liar." He teased. "your acting weird lately, can you please tell me what's going on?"

"I would, but it's classified." I smirked. We made it to the Nook, and I quickly sat down in the sand.

"Don't move, don't swim, and whatever you do, don't try to drown again." He said with a teasing smile. I glared up at him as he ran off to find a good spot to fish.

I wasn't very sure that Jessie should go fishing, even if I do hate his guts. But him being a dope only gives me more of a reason to look out for him.

"What are you doing here?" I heard someone snap behind me. I quickly turned to find Cole, standing there with a towel, and his shirt.

He has no shirt on, oh my god. Don't look, stop looking! My subconscious kept scolding me. He smirked at me, and I quickly tore my gaze away.

"Getting a tan," I answered quickly.

"You sure 'bout that? I'm pretty sure you came to watch me skinny dip." He said sarcastically.

"Oh, joy! I can't wait!" I replied sarcastically. Cole rolled his eyes, and went over to the dock, but before he put all his stuff down, he looked at me.

"Its not safe to be here," He retorted. I rolled my green eyes.

"Are you saying what I think your saying? You don't need to skinny dip right here, right now, you know." I replied.

"I really suggest you leave, Ariadne."

I rolled my eyes again, picking up my book, and walking over to somewhere else. I heard him mutter something under his breath after I left, but chose better to ignore it.

I started thinking about before I passed out; how I heard Cole saying stuff in Greek. I don't know what or who he is, but it shocked me to find my savior, a stalker. He texted me the other night, which absolutely made no sense. If he is my stalker, he could have admitted it yesterday, when Jessie went to do his brotherly duties.

I sighed just thinking about it. Then, it suddenly struck me. Cole didn't need to boss me around, no one does. Cole is just a bossy, stalker. I turned around, looking through the trees, seeing the shore view. I stomped over to the beach, looking around for my Greek stalker.

"Cole!" I shouted, cupping my hands around my mouth. "Cole!" I shouted again.

I looked over to the waves crashing at the shore. They weren't to big, since it was such a large creek. I smirked as I found ripples in the water. I walked to the dock, looking in the water, in search for a probably naked teenage boy.

"Cole! I want to talk to you!" I yelled at the water. He probably wasn't even there, but i kept persistent.

"Ariadne! You have to leave- right now!" i heard Cole shout from behind me.

"Put your clothes on, I need to talk with you.... oh- oh my god!" I screamed. I shrieked, and fell in to the water... again.

It wasn't that he was naked. It wasn't the problem. He wasn't; I felt the same familiar strong arms wrap around me, and I was lifted for air.

"Aria, let me explain..." He muttered as he placed me on the dock, coughing and gagging my brains out. No one ever called me Aria before.

"NO! Your crazy!" I screamed, struggling to stand up.

Cole swam around the water, giving me desperate eyes. He had a long blue, scaly tale. The tale faded as it led up to his torso. I started to hyperventilate, seeing this could all easily be a dream.

"Ariadne.... are you okay?" he asked, concern dripping in his voice. The real question is, is he okay? I have heard of mermaid syndrome, but they have a tale out of water. It made absolutely no sense. "Ariadne," he sighed, placing a wet hand on my arm.

"This-this isn't real," I stuttered. I bit my lip, pinching myself a little on my right arm. I released shaky breath, noticing Cole still looking at me with worry.

"I'm-I am so sorry, Ariadne... I didn't mean for you to find out like this... I am truly sorry." Cole apologized. I sucked in another deer breath, wrapping my arms around my body.

"It isn't real. its just a dream." I whispered to myself.

"That's what you think." Cole murmured, and dipped all the way under water.

"Ariadne!" Jessie called behind me. I twisted around, as he wrapped a towel around me. "What trouble did you get in to now?"

"I-I saw a..." i paused before thinking what I was going to say. Jessie is going to think I'm crazy if i tell him the truth. "I saw a hurt bird. I went to go help it, but i slipped and fell in." I lied.

"Hold on, I'm going to get another towel." He said.

As he ran off, Cole peeked his head above the water. He pursed his lips, probably thinking how funny it would be if i told everyone i saw a mermaid.

"Please don't tell anyone.... please?" He begged me. I looked down at my wet, wrinkly clothes. "I promise- I'll do anything- just don't tell anyone."

"Yeah, sure. Like I'm going to tell the world i saw a mermaid-"

"Merman." he corrected.

"Merman. Whatever. I am not going to be one of those lunatic psycos who go around telling myths. You aren't real." I explained. He sighed.

"I will let you believe what you wish. Just don't tell anyone, Kay?" He demanded. I rolled my eyes, and he went back under the water.

--------------------------------

There ya go!

i gave you some mythical action.

I heard some people crushing on the cover- trust me, he is pretty hot. So what did you guys think?

Vote, comment, fan girl(or boy) over me and cole.

-chesire cat

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6M 262K 36
(The Trilogy is now complete) This novel was written in 2011 when I was 15 - I'm slowly editing but please forgive misspells , plot holes etc. Any s...
18.7K 349 29
First time writing a story. Feel free to give advice & comment Please leave a vote as you read A god descend to Azur Lane, and he is not pleased of t...
371 53 36
Everyone is always so excited about their 21st birthday. It means you can drink and go out to clubs. Which are the normal things that you usually do...
1.3K 74 22
TRIGGER WARNING! This story contains themes of self-harm and suicide. If you are unable to handle these themes in your current state of mind, please...