Divergent

By AltoPentaholic

*THIRD BOOK IN THE DIFFERENT SERIES* Five months have passed since Melody and Jordyn were born. Everything is... More

*Preview*
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
Sorry...D:
11
...
12
:3
13
14
Another Preview
15
16
17
The Big Surpise...;)
18, Part One
Summary for new story...;)
18, Part Two
19
20
21
22
23
^•^
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
-.-
33
FALSE ALARM
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!! +Important Message
49
50
51
52
53
#RIPCaitlyn
54
55
Epilouge
Explanation/Surprise
CHECK IT OUT!

9

1.1K 82 36
By AltoPentaholic

The next day came faster than Scott wanted it to, but he isn't care that much. All he cared about was Mitch being happy. When Mitch was done yelling at Alex, Scott realized how much the shy Omega will snap at anyone if they tried to take his happiness away. Scott just had one question though.

Why didn't Mitch do that in the past?

Why didn't he get angry at Kirstin whenever she hurt him? Why didn't he get angry at Jeremy whenever he threatened to kill Melody when she was still in the womb? Why didn't he get angry every time Ben was cruel towards him? Most importantly, why did he treat everyone, even the cruelest of people, with kindness?

It puzzled Scott to no end. If someone were to even call him stupid, he will have them in a headlock in no time. Mitch will just frown slightly and nod his head. The light in his eyes will disappear and his posture will become more submissive. He will smile weakly and seem to agree with the person, not wanting to start an argument. The beautiful soul that Scott loves so much was and is so terribly abused. His heart broke constantly, being fixed with the weakest of things. His heart has been broken more times than a vase.

Scott remembered a quote his father told him. Rick told him that honesty is like a vase. Once it is broken, you can fix it but it won't be the same. Scott compared the quote with Mitch's heart.

His big heart will be broken and it will be fixed, but it will never be the same.

~~~

"Kevin?" Mitch asked, titling his head. Everyone at the table looked at the Omega, waiting for his answer. "Am I a meanie?"

"No," Melody answered, slapping her hand on the booster chair. Mitch smiled as everyone else laughed, the adorable nature of the Beta making them happy.

"Of course not," Kevin answered, holding onto Alyssa's hand gently. "Why would you ever consider yourself a meanie?"

Mitch picked at his food, thinking of how to answer that question. He took a deep breath, his pale cheeks turning red.

"I yelled at Alex."

"You weren't being rude! You were being honest," Scott reassured, rubbing Mitch's back. Mitch shrugged his shoulders again, feeling bad about the whole situation. "Mitch, you and I are going to do something tomorrow."

"What is it?"

"You'll find out. It involves glass."

"I have some news," Alyssa spoke up, his voice shaking. Tori noticed this and stopped feeding Jordyn for a minute, directing her attention on her friend. "I received some news from my boss."

"Why are they?" Avi asked, becoming worried himself. Jessi looked over at Ben, confused themself. "Are they bad?"

"They're good, bad, and worse," Alyssa replied, tears gathering in her eyes. She took a deep breath and wiped her eyes, refusing to look at anyone. "I have been promoted to a school that teaches all ranks."

"That's amazing," Ben exclaimed, his smile wide. Alyssa let a tear run down her cheek and Ben's smile dropped instantly. "What's the matter?"

"The school is in Northern California. I already accepted the job," Alyssa admitted, nothing how everyone became sad. Here comes the worst news. "Also, they have an advanced oncology ward there. I could go there for checkups."

"Alyssa, that's good," Scott replied, tearing up himself when Alyssa shook her head and sat on her chair and began to cry, sobbing quietly. "What's the matter?"

"My cancer has a 90% replace rate and if it comes back, it cannot be cured."

"What...that means..."

"My cancer will be terminal."

Nobody knew who started it, but they all began to cry. Alyssa will probably not live any longer. She will be with the angels and watch over them, no longer with them. They gathered around her, holding onto her tightly. They're weren't ready to let go.

But Alyssa was.

~~~

"Why does she have to go?" Mitch asked Scott softly, his eyes full of tears. Scott shrugged his shoulders as he put his stuff away. "What has she ever done to deser-"

"Mitch, I don't know! Stop asking!"

"I'm sorry, Alpha Scott. I'll stop talking."

Scott sighed as he sat in the bed, hugging Mitch tightly. The Omega cried on his shoulder, sobbing quietly. Scot couldn't believe that this is happening.

Kevin and Alyssa didn't deserve this. They didn't even get married more than two years ago. They have beautiful one year old twins and a wonderful Pack that loves them. They were so healthy and had such a great relationship, then cancer came and ruined it. Why did the cruelest things happen to the nicest of people?

Scott would do anything to go through what Mitch went through and what Alyssa is going through so they would never feel pain. He would tree far all the pain in the world than for them to suffer.

"Scott?" Mitch asked softly, putting his head on his Mate's shoulder. Scot nodded, bringing him closer. "Am I too nice?"

"No, you're not," Scott promised, playing with Mitch's fingers. He brought them and kissed them, holding onto them gently. "You are a nice person. In fact, you are the nicest person I know. You are never cruel or demeaning. You always want others to be happy."

"I guess it's just me being me," Mitch whispered, smirking a bit. He sighed, looking up at Scott. "That's why I'm never cruel."

"And why is that?"

"Because the person who hurts you the most could be suffering too. That's why you should never be cruel to anyone. That's why I regret yelling at Alex."

Scott nodded, kissing Mitch's forehead. Mitch was too kind for this terrible world. There should be more of him so everyone would not be cruel towards anyone.

"I love you so much, Princess Ariel."

"I love you too, Prince Erik."

~~~

Kevin watched Alyssa as she slept, looking up when Avi came in with Jordyn in his arms. The both of them smiled weakly at each other as Avi sat on the desk chair, rocking Jordyn gently.

"You do not deserve this, Kev," Avi began, frowning when Kevin began to cry. "You deserve better."

"She does too," Kevin whispered, letting a sob escape. He wiped his eyes as he looked down at Alyssa, taking a deep breath. "She is so sweet. Why did this happen to her? What did she ever do? I can't raise the kids by myself!"

"Tori, Scott, Mitch, Ben, Jessi, and I will be there," Avi promised, looking over at Alyssa. She snored quietly, her chest raising. "Kevin, do you notice how her chest raises?"

"Yeah, I guess. It means that she is still alive."

"It means more than that," Avi replied, standing up. He sat on the bed, staring at Kevin seriously. "Set your hand on her chest."

Kevin did as he was told, not questioning it once. Avi nodded, relived that she don't wake up.

"She is breathing for you," Avi began, adjusting himself. Kevin nodded. Not removing his hand. "She will keep breathing for you until you do one thing."

"And what is that?"

"Letting her go."

A/N: Well...this is very sad. Sorry for not updating earlier. I had auditions for the (high) school musical, lol. If I get a part, updating will be less frequent so I apologize beforehand. Anyways, I hope that you all enjoy the chapter and remember that I love you all.:)

-Maddie🐧🐧🐧

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 923 25
**BOOK THREE AFTER THE BROKEN MORIARTY** After Moriarty found Tori. They need to rekindle their relationship. Will it go smoothly? Will they even get...
Kyle By Gabby

Werewolf

7.6K 524 25
Third story in the Alpha's Daughter and the Beta's son series. Kyle is now the alpha of the Nightshade pack and he is now looking for his mate. Wha...
161K 8.3K 35
Mitch is an Omega who likes to fight for Omegas rights but his world comes crashing down when his parents force him to marry non other than Scott Hoy...
1.3K 100 25
Malachi and Walker discover why they feel so connected to each other. The world around them seems to want to pull them apart, including those closest...