MaNan: Breaking Free

By pikachu2602

| COMPLETED | Cover credits- @parthxlife Manik Malhotra is a 23 year old, London returned, street smart guy w... More

1|Going back home
2|Relations
3|The Thakkars'
4|Heart to heart
5|Nandini Murthy
6|The Bodyguard
7|The Pursuit Of Happiness
8|Break-up
9|Complications
10|Falling Down
11|The Game
12|Going Places
13|Bonding
14|Giving in
15|Attractions
16|Jingle bells
17|I am here
18|Revealed
19|On the edge
20|Upturned
21|Daggers
23|Heated
24|Jigsaw
25|Rising
26|The Chase
27|Rebuilding
28|Beginnings
29|The Competition
30|Bring It On
31|0-100
32|Next step
33|The Unexpected
34|Countdown
35|Fab 5
36|Confrontations
37|Suspicions
38|Truth
39|Last straw
40|Melancholy
41|Departed
42|Showdown
43|Breaking free
44|Take two
45|Old flame
46|Jitters
47|Demons
48|Letting go
49|Realizations
50|Afeemi
51|Embracing
A Peek Into The Future (1)
A Peek Into The Future (2)

22|Jumbled up

5.9K 532 26
By pikachu2602

Nandini's POV

"Harshad is not a good guy. I think you should warn Navya." Manik says after driving in silence for 10 minutes.
"I don't want to know what you think. Besides, you are no one to say that a certain guy is not good. See yourself first." I spit at him.

"I am only warning you, Nandini. I have seen how he looks at girls in college. He is a creep. All he probably wants to do is get in Navya's pants." He says through gritted teeth.

Part of me knows that Manik is actually right. I have never liked Harshad either. But I am not going to tell him that.

"He has been very sweet lately. Now will you shut up?" I snap.

"Fine." He huffs and falls silent after that.

"Don't talk to me in that tone. I am your bloody boss!"

He doesn't say anything.

We reach home and Manik follows me inside. Nyonika and Singhania are in the living room again, sipping tea.

"Come here, Nandini." Nyonika commands as soon as she sees me.

"What?" I mutter, not having energy for any drama.

"We have to attend a fundraiser tonight." She says simply.

"I don't think your 'we' can include me." I roll my eyes at her. I never go to these stupid parties with my stupid 'parents'. All people do at such events is wear truckloads of make up and pretend to like each other when they actually feel like killing one another for having more money or better jewellery.

"Oh yes, it can." Singhania says sternly. "You are coming with us and that's final. No arguments, no tantrums. And the bodyguard is coming too, disguised as your friend from Chicago, of course."

"Who the fuck do you think you are? How dare you order me?" I yell, my anger rising.

"Nandu." Jenny squeals coming down the stairs.

"Good you are here. Get Nandini ready. We will be leaving in an hour and a half." Nyonika says to her and goes to her room. Singhania follows her in like a puppy, smirking at me.

"Nandu!" Jenny comes forward.

"No, Jenny. Not this time."

"Please? It's just one event. I promise I won't force you again."

"Fine." I say after a minute, giving in.

"Good. I am sure the food over there will be good." She winks at me, then turns around to glare at Manik, who is standing at the door.

I quickly get into shower, slip into a sea green, strapless, low cut evening gown and apply little make up. The dress looks really nice. It fits me like a glove and is showing off little bit of my cleavage. Once I am done, I grab my clutch, wear my favourite black pumps and head downstairs.

"You will be driving with your bodyguard in your car so you can come back early if you want to. We are taking ours." Nyonika says as I reach the living room.

"Whatever." I mumble and follow them out. They get into their car and drive away quickly.

Manik is standing next to my car. He is talking over the phone, with his back to me.

"Let's go." I say when I reach him.

He turns around and the look he gives me sends a shiver down my spine. His eyes are glued to me and slowly rake up and down my body. I squirm as his gaze finally fixes on my mouth. He really is drop dead gorgeous. And he doesn't even have to try.

"What." I fumble, my stomach full of butterflies.

"Beau..." He stops abruptly and starts looking here and there, slightly flustered.

Without saying anything, I just get into the car. He follows after a moment and we leave.

What the hell? I want to hate Manik. I really do. But then, he goes around looking at me like that and I feel all weird and dazed. I have never had these feelings before. I don't understand them. He was going to call you beautiful. But he stopped midway....

I look up to see Manik staring at me in the mirror. He quickly looks away and I can't stop myself from smiling at this. You still like him.

But I know I have to get over whatever I feel for him. He was a dick to me and I can't forgive him.

We arrive at The Taj Mahal to see the parking space jammed with all sorts of high end cars. I take a deep breath and get down, bracing myself for another painfully irritating event.

We are led to the banquet hall which is full of people talking and smiling, wine glasses floating around. Nyonika and Singhania are right at the centre, talking to a large group of people. I quickly go over to exchange pleasantries, just to show people I turned up. They all compliment my look and smile like I am their favourite person in the world. Yeah, right. Hypocrites!

Manik has been following me around quietly. He doesn't look too happy. In fact, he looks pissed off. He is looking around the hall with a scowl on his face.

"Why are you so angry?" The words flow out of my mouth before I can stop them. We are seated at a table in the corner with some drinks.

"Nothing." He says through gritted teeth. His eyes look wild.

"Just spit it out." I press.

"Why do you want to know?" He looks straight into my eyes.

"Fine. Don't tell me." I snap and turn my head in another direction. A lot of people seem to be staring at the two of us.

"I'll refill your drink." He says and walks over to the bar.

"Oh my god! Who is that guy?" I hear a girl squeal behind me.

"He is so hot, man! I just want to rip that shirt off him and see what's underneath." Another girl giggles, eyeing Manik as if he is some juicy candy. And I want to rip your head off!

"What is he doing with Nandini Murthy? Do you think they are dating?"

"I've heard she doesn't date."

I turn around and glare at the girls. Their cheeks turn red when they see me and they quickly scutter away.

"Hey, beautiful!" A guy comes and sits down opposite to me. I have seen him at several parties but don't know his name. His eyes move to my chest, then quickly back to my face. Bloody pervert.

"What?" I snap at him.

"Oh, come on! Don't be like that, Nandini. Why don't you dance with me." He says and grabs my hand.

"Let go of my hand." I glare at him.

"I know you are just playing hard to get. And I am not giving up." He says maliciously and tries to pull me up. Just then, Manik returns and pulls the guy's hand off mine.

"If you want to remain standing on your feet, back off." He spits at him. If looks could kill, this guy would be dead right now. Relief courses through me as soon as I see Manik.

"Easy there, man. I didn't know she had a boyfriend." He says meekly, looking up. Manik is at least five inches above him. Mr. Pervert looks scared.

"Get lost." Manik pushes the guy back and he quickly runs off. He didn't say he is not my boyfriend!

"You can't stay out of trouble even for five minutes." He whines, sitting down.

"What the hell? I didn't do anything." I complain like a child.

"Yeah, right. Guys have been staring at you lecherously all evening and you haven't noticed a thing. How can you be so ignorant? Do you have no sense of self preservation at all?" He looks damn frustrated.

I gape at him for a moment. Is he actually worried about me? And going all protective over me? Does he really care?

"Is that why you are angry?" I ask. Say yes!

"Um..no." He stammers and starts looking around. It's evident he was worried. Why can't he just say it?

"You know what, just forget it." I say angrily and look away.

Just then, I hear a familiar voice call out Manik's name.

"Manik? Is that you?" Alia Saxena asks, coming to our table.

"Hi." He smiles at her.

"So you must be the new hot guy every girl is talking about." She winks and sits down.

"I have no idea." He looks wary.

"What are you doing here? I thought this event was only meant for the businessmen?"

"He is here with me." I snap at her. She looks at me once and then back at him.

"By the way, I just met your friend. He is really charming."

"Who are you talking about?" He asks, confused.

"Your friend, Abhimanyu Thakkar. You didn't know he was here?" She looks around and points at him. "There he is. I recognised him from earlier and we chatted for a while. I even got his number for Mukti." She winks.

Standing in the far corner is a tall, attractive guy. Manik looks at him briefly and they nod at each other.

"I am really impressed with your friend. Looking after Thakkar industries at the age of 23 is not a joke. He really must be good, for his dad to allow him to take over the Mumbai branch." Alia rambles on.

"Yeah, he is very talented." Manik says blankly.

Manik is friends with the son of a rich businessman? Strange.

"There you are, Al. I have been looking for you everywhere." Harshad appears out of nowhere. Wow! This party is just getting better and better!

"Hi, Nandini. I just met your dad. He is so wonderful!" He smiles at me and then turns to smirk at Manik. Manik looks like he wants to slice Harshad into pieces.

"Yeah, he indeed is wonderful." I give Harshad a fake smile.

"Let's dance, Nandini." He says and pulls me to the dance floor before I can stop him. My eyes automatically fly to Manik. He looks furious.

Slow music is playing and Harshad places his hand on my waist. He pulls me uncomfortably close. All I want to do right now is kick him in the man area and go back, but I don't want to create a scene.

After about ten minutes, I feel someone place a hand on my shoulder. Harshad looks at whoever it is and glares. I turn around to see an angry Manik looking at me.

"Let's go. It's late." He says in a shaky voice.

"No, it's not. And we are having fun." Harshad barks at him, tightening his grip on my waist. What the fuck!

"Yes, it is." Manik pulls me forcefully and my body presses against his. A jolt of wild desire runs through me. His cologne invades my nostrils and my breathing races. He looks down at me with intense eyes, before turning us around and walking out.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Why were you dancing with him?" He shouts angrily as soon as we start driving.

"Why the fuck do you care?" I shout back.

"How many times do I need to warn you? Harshad is an asshole. You are so stupid." He glares at me.

"Shut up! Why are you so complicated, Manik? One moment, you say mean things to me and the next moment, you get all worked up when a guy comes close to me."

He continues to glare in my direction.

"Speak up, will you?" He still doesn't say anything. So I decided to spike him further.

"I was actually having a lovely time with Harshad, until you interrupted." I seethe.

"No, you weren't."

"Oh yes, I was."

He stops the car abruptly, gets down and pulls me out, coming to my side.

"What the fuck, Nandini. You say I am complicated. Have you ever seen yourself? You are so frustrating!" He yells.

"What is your problem?" I retort, equally angry.

"You were enjoying Harshad's company, really? Why did you look so uncomfortable, then? Stop saying stuff when you don't mean it, just to piss me off." He barks.

"Why are you pissed off? Why do you even care?" I yell.

"Because..." He yells and pulls me closer to himself. My chest forcefully presses against his and his grip tightens on my upper arm. And, I feel the wild desire again, this time, even stronger. My stomach seems to be full of butterflies. His scent hits me hard and completely overwhelms me.

"Because..." Is all I can manage to say. The sexual tension, that magnetic pull is so damn strong between us I am sure he can feel it too.

He places his right arm around my waist and starts tailing his other hand up my arm, leaving goosebumps behind. My breath hitches in my throat and his eyes darken with lust. His hand continues feeling my bare shoulder up until it reaches my face. I am hypnotised, unable to move. My head is fuzzy and heart is going berserk. His eyes fix on my mouth, sending a shiver down my spine. My legs feel like jelly.

He softly runs his thumb over my lower lip. He flips our position so that I am pressed up against the car and he is hovering over me. His face is dangerously close to mine. His hot breath is hitting my face and pushing me out of my senses. He leans further down and I close my eyes. His lips lightly brush against mine and my body goes crazy. Just then, a car comes by, honking like crazy. His eyes fly open and he immediately pulls back.

We stare at each other in silence. He looks totally lost.

"What was that?" I mutter hoarsely. He seems to be deep in thought, trying to figure out the answer.

"A mistake." He whispers, looking down.

As soon as the words leave his mouth, I feel my insides sinking.

"Yeah, right. It was a mistake." I glare at him and get into the car. He gets in after a minute and we start driving.

"I am sorry, Nandini." He says as I get down on reaching home. I ignore him completely and walk away, wiping off the lone tear that escaped my eye.
.
.
.
.
.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 763 6
𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐀 ππŽπ— "π™ž'𝙒 π™©π™žπ™§π™šπ™™ π™Ÿπ™ͺ𝙨𝙩 π™‘π™šπ™–π™«π™š π™’π™š π™–π™‘π™€π™£π™š" 𝔦𝔫 𝔴π”₯𝔦𝔠π”₯ 𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐀𝐒 π€πƒπƒπ€πŒπ’ feels to much for a world...
26.8K 896 25
CHAβ€’PEβ€’ROβ€’NE: (especially in the past) an older person, especially a woman, who stays with and takes care of a younger woman who is not married. Nar...
840K 45.1K 32
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
2M 104K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...