Story of another us // Calum...

By proseccoproblems

'An epilogue before we're done, A sequel to what we've begun' *** "Don't marry him" Calum said taking Emily's... More

Four years.
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
Epilogue
OURS

8

7.5K 150 65
By proseccoproblems

"Okay so that's the last of the planning" Poppy smiled widely as she placed down the pen she was holding on to the notebook. Emily sighed a sigh of relief, weddings were so difficult when the bride was a over the top perfectionist. 

"Thank god" Holly said sitting up straighter as Parker came over to her lap. 

"The only thing left to do is hand out these invitations, they leave around us so it should be easy but Em can you drop this off at Calum's please?" Poppy smiled sliding the invitation across the table to Emily.

"Why do I have to do it?" Emily asked making Poppy roll her eyes at her.

"Because it is on the way to your house, and you know where he lives" Poppy stated making Emily frown a little "You just have to put it in his post box i'm not asking you to  confess your sins" 

"Okay fine" Emily huffed, not that she wanted to see Calum. She managed to successfully avoid him at the engagement party two weeks ago and she actually spent the whole night with Rob. 

"I can't believe you're getting married in two weeks" Holly stated pulling Parker onto her lap. 

"I know isn't it so exciting" Poppy exclaimed clapping her hands together "Anyway I must be off, I have to go and see my mum about her outfit" 

"Okay Pops" Emily chuckled a little as Poppy shoved the wedding plans into her bag and waved them a good bye. 

"Is it me or is she getting more and more up her self?" Holly asked looking at Emily who chuckled a little. 

"It's the money, it's gone to her brain" Emily shrugged before standing up "I should be going to" 

"Why you got somewhere to be?" Holly asked smirking at her a little. 

"I've got to collect something from home before handing to the studio to fix a light" 

"And forget Calum's invitation" Holly said handing her the ivy white card with golden writing. 

"Thanks" Emily mumbled before slipping it into her bag. "I'll see you later" 

"Bye Em" Holly sung before picking up Parker from her lap and placed him on her hip as she stood up. 

Emily walked out of Holly's house and got into her car. The drive back to her house was quick and quiet before she got out and ran into her house and up the stairs. 

She walked over to the bed and sat on the floor before pulling out boxes under the bed where she kept replacement blubs for her studio lights. Emily looked under the bed unable to find the correct box before something caught her eye. She picked up the red material and brought it out into daylight before dropping it instantly. 

"Ew" Emily whispered as she looked at the thong on the floor. She frown at it. That wasn't hers. Emily sat back on her heels and picked up the thong between her thumb and index fingers. She had the gut feeling she knew what this was. I mean it added up right? Emily swallowed the lump in her throat as she looked in the label at the size. Size 8. She was a size 10. These 100% weren't hers. Emily let out a sigh before she slid the boxes back under the bed and starred at the thong on the floor. How could he do this? Emily places the thong back under the bed before she stood up and walked out the room. She went down stairs and rummaged in her bag for her phone. Pulling it out with the wedding invitation for Calum. She unlocked her phone and opened her contacts before stopping at Holly. Could she really be bothered to sit through the 'I told you so's?'. Poppy would be her next option but she would never believe her and tell her she was overthinking. Jake was at a job. Emily really needed more friends. Emily sighed and placed her phone on the kitchen counter letting out a frustrated sigh before she looked at the invitation. She sucked her tongue the her teeth before she grabbed the invitation, her phone and her keys before walking out the door and to her car. 

Before Emily knew it she was standing outside Calum's front door. She heisted to knock and contemplated just putting the invitation through the letter box and be done with it. Calum probably doesn't care about her relationship anyway. 

Calum always cares. 

Emily knocked on the door and stood there waiting for it too open. What if Jennifer opened it? Emily grew more anxious as the door never opened. She was about to knock again when the door swung open and Calum stood there in a bagging t- shirt and jeans. His hair a mess and he looked a little dazed. Calum starred at Emily with his arms crossed. 

"What brings you here, Jones?" Calum asked making Emily smile at the nickname. 

"Are you going to invite me in?" Emily asked tilting her head to the side. Calum stepped to the side gesturing for her to enter before he closed the door behind her. 

"No seriously why are you here?" Calum asked as he followed Emily into his living room. 

"Oh I came to give you this" Emily said handing him an invitation to Poppy's wedding. 

"You know I have a post box right?" Calum asked chuckling a little as he took the invitation and placed it on the table before sitting next to Emily on his sofa. 

"I wanted to talk to you" Emily said quietly making Calum frown, because he knew that tone. That tone was her tone when she was about to say something bad. 

"Are you pregnant?" Calum asked making Emily over at him. 

"No I am not pregnant" Emily laughed a little "Can we just get it over with?" Calum gestured with his hand for her to continue "So Rob is cheating on me" 

Calum looked at her a little taken back before frowning "Why are you telling me this?" Calum asked "Isn't this what your girl friends are for?" 

"Yes but you're not going to bore me with 'i told you so's' or that 'I'm being stupid and overthinking it'" Emily said making Calum nod a looked at her in concern. 

"Are you okay?" Calum asked. Emily looked at him with her lips pressed together. 

"About the situation or in general?" Emily asked making Calum frown at her slightly. 

"About the situation" He answered slowly. 

"I think so, It's been at the back of my mind for a while. Ya know it just adds up" Emily shrugged a little making Calum raise his eyebrow at her. 

"So you're completely okay with your boyfriend of a year seeing another woman?" Calum asked making Emily shake her head. 

"No, I'm just not heartbroken" Emily stated "Truthfully I don't know if i should be grateful or miserable"

"Why so?"

"He keeps on coming back when I think he won't. I know I should be grateful because he doesn't leave me but knowing he has someone else special in his life. Someone else to share his days, his thoughts, his dreams and knowing it isn't me the person he shares it with hurts" Emily sighed a little "But at the same time we have nothing to talk about, nothing in common. The relationship only worked when we worked together. Now it's just two people living together" 

"What do you want me to say Em?" Calum asked softly making Emily look at him and shake her head. 

"Nothing" She answered "I just needed someone to tell who was going to listen" 

"In my opinion you should just leave him" Calum shrugged making Emily nod her head. 

"I'd rather not talk about it anymore" Emily mumbled making Calum nod in agreement. 

"Do you want a drink?" He asked "I have some wine?" 

"It's four in the afternoon" Emily stated "Water will be fine, please" 

"It's 8pm somewhere" Calum said before standing up and heading to the kitchen. Emily looked around the living room before her eyes landed on a book on the book case. Emily stood up slowly from the sofa before walking over to the large case before picking up the familiar notebook. She opened it. Something fell out and fell to the floor, making her jump a little before glancing down at it. Her eyes grew a little watery as she saw the sliver necklace with the tiny heart hanging from it. She bent down and pick up the necklace like it was the most delicate thing in the world. 

Calum walked in carrying a beer and a glass of iced water over to Emily at the bookcase. 

"You know, that's still private and you can't go through it" Calum said making Emily jump and look over at him. 

"What have you got in here that is so secrete?" Emily teased a little 

"Nothing" Calum said placing the drinks on the side before grabbing the notebook off Emily. He noticed the necklace in Emily's hand making him bite his lip a little. "You should have kept that" 

"I kept the bracelet" Emily shrugged "I wanted you to have it" 

"Yeah I really want a woman's necklace" Calum stated with a small eye roll. 

"Hey but it was this woman's necklace" Emily smiled at him as she pointed to herself. Calum shrugged before sipping on his beer. 

"What makes you so special?" Calum asked making Emily narrow her eyes at him with a smirk on her lips. 

***

It was now 7pm, and Emily was still at Calum's. The wine had been open and they stood in the kitchen. Calum insisted she stayed for dinner because Calum had learnt how to cook which Emily refused to believe since he once burnt pancakes. So here they were, two ex's stood in a kitchen a little tipsy making dinner together. Well, Calum was making dinner and Emily was commenting about his cooking ways and how she would do it. 

"Emily, go and sit on that stool" Calum ordered making Emily pout at him before sitting at the kitchen breakfast bar stool. Calum continued to make his Thai green curry as Emily watched him from behind. 

God she had missed him. 

Eventually Calum placed a bowl of Thai green curry on white rice in front of Emily. 

"This actually looks edible" Emily commented making Calum chuckle a little before sipping his wine. 

"I told you, I'm a chef now" Calum insisted making Emily roll her eyes at him before picking up her fork and eating some of the food. 

"Oh my god" Emily moaned a little "This is so good" 

"I told you" Calum shrugged before he started to eat his meal. 

After dinner they went back into the living room with their glasses of red wine. Talking about everything. Calum talked about touring and all the amazing countries he's experienced. Emily smiled and listen to him as he rambled on and on. But she didn't mind. Eventually Emily told Calum about how she was Rob's PA before they got together, then she opened the studio with Jake. They talked a little about Michael and Holly too. Emily didn't know that Michael had been introduced to Parker, or that Michael and Holly had spent time together other than that time at the club. Emily hoped that maybe a romance was around the corner for Holly, because she hadn't had once since Parker was born. At least not really. They spoke a little about the wedding too, what Calum was going to wear and how over the top it was going to be. 

Emily decided that she should leave because it was getting late, and she only came around to drop off an invitation. Of course she was too drunk to drive so she had to call a cab. Emily waved Calum goodbye before she left. She left with a genuine smile. She was actually happy. She hadn't been happy in a long time. 

Emily arrived home and noticed that the lights were on meaning that Rob was home. He was early. Emily entered the house to be faced with a angry Rob. 

"Where the fuck have you been?"Rob asked as Emily closed the front door. 

"Why do you care?" Emily asked frowning at him a little. He never asks where she was. 

"Are you drunk?" Rob questioned walking over to her "Emily it's a bloody Thursday night, who gets drunk on Thursday's?" 

"Students, It's cheaper" Emily stated smugly before pushing past Rob. 

"You missed a meal with my parents" Rob stated "You said you'd be there" 

"Oh that sucks" Emily pouted at him "It really fucking sucks when someone doesn't show up to plans, doesn't it?" 

"I do that because I'm busy not getting drunk" Rob shouted making Emily look at him in surprise, he'd never really shouted at her before. 

"I forgot about the meal" Emily admitted 

"That's because you're irresponsible" Rob muttered making Emily narrow her eyes at him and cross her arms in front of her. 

"Why does it even matter? One meal isn't going to change much" 

"That's not the point. You're fucking drunk on a Thursday, you have work tomorrow" Rob stated starring at her from across the kitchen. 

"So what?" Emily asked 

"Jesus you're such a child" Rob mumbled "I thought you were mature and responsible but clearly not" 

"I'm aloud to have fun" 

"Tell you what this is, this is Holly having influence on you" Rob commented making Emily freeze.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Emily asked in a low voice. She knew that Rob didn't like Holly. 

"Well ya know she's a lower class girl, who had a baby at 19. Doesn't scream responsibility" Rob answered making Emily stare at him with her mouth open a little. 

"Holly is an incredible mother" Emily said breathing in deeply. Rob walked towards Emily and placed his hands on her arms. 

"Baby I just don't think she's good for you" Rob said in a calm voice. Emily stepped away from him. 

"Don't you fucking dare. Holly is my best friend and I would pick her over you in a second" Emily raised her voice "Besides, I wasn't even with her tonight" Emily shrugged before making her way upstairs to get ready for bed. 

___________________

ooooooh? 

Let me know what you think? 

What you guys thinking about a possible Michael and Holly romance - I haven't really decided yet because they aren't the main story line obviously. So idk, do you wanna see more of them?? 

Emily and Calum????????????! 

Emily and Rob!!!!??? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.1K 2.2K 77
Gwen was trapped working in a restaurant kitchen by day, and made to be another type of "worker" at night, but not by choice. She was adopted from a...
589K 15.3K 60
Brylin pulls over the one and only, Zayn Malik. They later figure out that their parents know each other and have had an arranged marriage planned si...
32.9K 1.1K 78
Sequel to Junior Year DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN GLEE OR ANY OF ITS CHARACTERS. ALL RIGHTS GO TO RYAN MURPHY, IAN BRENNAN, BRAD FALCHUK AND FOX *origin...
1M 40.4K 93
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...