Little Leaps

By xFakingaSmilex

As their life turns towards a new adventure, secrets from Blake's past threaten their relationship once more... More

Little Leaps
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
⋆ OTHER STORIES YOU MIGHT ENJOY ⋆

Chapter One

47.6K 1.4K 518
By xFakingaSmilex

Gritty fragments of sand blow across my face and dirty my sunglasses. Those tiny dots litter the dark lens along with smudged fingerprints from where I've attempted to clean it. This is why I've never been a beach person, but basking under the warm rays of the afternoon sun is relaxing.

Although, floating in the pool with a cocktail also sounds appealing. I think Angela would also agree with me.

"Daddy, aahh!" London screams.

"Start running, because I'm coming after you." Blake laughs.

He's chasing after her with a small bucket of water which splashes down his sandy legs. By the time he gets her, I don't think there's going to be any water left.

She runs circles around Blake which only makes London laugh harder. He attempts to throw the remainder of the water, but it splashes onto the sand. Blake tosses the bucket over his shoulder and shakes his head.

"I give up, you win!" he announces.

"Yay."

London squeals with excitement before racing into the tiny ocean ripples licking the sand. Blake follows right behind London, ready to scoop her up if she goes in too far.

The way the sun catches the water droplets on his muscular chest. I can't believe he's mine.

"Hey, you." Kyle plops beside me with a large grin plastered on his face. He flicks cold, salty water which scatters across my cheek. I groan at the odd sensation.

"Why Charlotte is with you, will forever be a mystery to me." I brush a droplet of sandy water off my check.

"It's because she loves me, annoying faults and all." He beams.

"I think she must be the definition of endless love," I tease.

"So salty!" Kyle comments. "When did my Ava baby get so salty?"

I take a deep breath before answering, "Overworked and underpaid makes me salty."

"I'll have to throw you into the ocean if you don't perk up, Ava," he warns.

Looking towards the beach, I loudly moan at the thought. Being thrown into the cold water and having sand stuck to my body sounds dreadful. It's almost like being covered in cement because it's irritating to wash away. No matter how clean you feel, there's sand suck on your scalp or between your toes.

"Please don't," I beg. "I might end up saltier."

"Fine, but only if you promise to hang out with me soon. We hardly get to see each other and I need an escape." Kyle pouts - the same puppy look I can never say no to.

"Why, is Charlotte growing annoyed with you too?" I tease.

"You know, it's just a stressful time." He shrugs.

The humours glow from his brown eyes drops which makes my stomach churn. Here I go, putting my foot in it once again.

"Oh shoot." I gasp. "How's that, ur, going?"

As much as I'd like to support Charlotte, I stuck my head in the sand. I understand how she feel, but we weren't in the same boat which created conflicting feelings.

"It's tough," he admits, "but it would be better if you spoke to Charlotte. She needs someone who understands and I'm clearly not that person."

His words pull on my heart strings, of course, I'd do anything for my best friend. Hell, I'd put Kyle through a lot worse over the passing years. I owe him that much.

"Right." I nod. "I'll try, but I can't promise anything."

"Thank you." He softly smiles. "Anything helps."

Piercing screams paint the sky as London runs up the sand slope. When she gets closer, London throws her arms into the air and takes a small leap. Her body catapults through the air and lands on the middle of my stomach. I hiss with pain from the hit, but she doesn't notice.

London's bright eyes bore into mine and she erupts into a fit of laughter which is contagious.

"What are you doing my cheeky monkey?" I tickle her sides.

London's sandy, wet body wiggles in my lap. She fends off my hands and then stretches across my legs.

"I think you need a towel before you get cold," I comment.

"This towel?" Kyle dangles it just out of my reach.

"Yes, that one." I lean forwards and snatch the towel from his grip.

I help London to her feet so that I can wrap it around her. She pulls the unicorn hood onto her head and makes horse noises, but a bit of dribble trickles down her chin. Kyle laughs at her but I think it's cute.

Blake grabs his own towel and dries off while London attempts to run back to the ocean. Kyle grabs the tail on the towel and yanks her back. London topples to the floor but continues to laugh.

"Is she broken?" Kyle questions.

"No, I think that's what happiness sounds like." I giggle.

"If you're sure." He shrugs.

I tug on my blue sunflower dress before assisting Blake with packing our belongings. Kyle manages to pin London to the sand by creating tiny mountains of sand. London uses her fingers to pretend people are walking through the cluster of sand houses.

Blake grabs the bags while Kyle offloads London to me.

"Stranger and stranger," he comments.

"Just think, one day, you'll have your own strange child," I joke.

"No, thank you." He shakes his head.

Kyle wraps his arm around my waist and tugs my body towards him. I hook my arm around his waist to hug him back. Kyle kisses my cheek but pokes London's nose to say goodbye, which makes me laugh.

"Please don't be a stranger!" says Kyle.

"I'll try." I smile.

"That's good to hear."

Kyle waves as he hooks the towel over his shoulder. We walk to the car park before Kyle trails off in another direction. I strap a fidgeting London into her car seat so we can travel home. Thankfully, we live close to the beach.

When we get home, London runs down the hallway and disturbs Ben who is lounging on the couch. He shoots us a weird glance before settling back down. The light from the television flickers light across the dark room. I switch one of the lights on which doesn't impress him.

I grab Blake's arm before he can walk away to deal with Lo.

"Do you know when he's moving out?" I whisper.

"I'll talk to him."

"Okay, thank you!"

Blake takes London to the bathroom while I head to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

I take vegetables, meat and different sauces to flavour the food from the fridge. I have no idea what I want to cook, but I start chopping the food with the hope it'll come to me.

Oh boy, cooking for other people is hard.

The sound of the doorbell ringing brings a beaming smile to my lips. I place the knife onto the chopping board and race to the front door.

As I yank the door open, the smile on my face broadens at the sight of Axel. That's one face I've seen too much around here.

"Wow, it's been awhile," I tease. "Here for Ben?"

"I could be here for you if you left your boyfriend." Axel winks.

"Cheeky!"

Axel swoops me off my feet in a massive bear hug. He manages to close the door while walking a couple of feet into the house. We make it midway down the hallways before Axel places me on the ground.

"It's great seeing you again."

"Same to you."

I return to the kitchen while Axel leaps over the couch and crushes Ben in his wake. I internally smile when I hear Ben's rifled complains. However, the moans only bring back terrible memories.

"This isn't a sex house for the pair of you to hook up!" I wave the knife in the air. "I'm serious."

"Don't be jealous, Ava." They laugh.

"Hm," I grumble.

When I finish chopping the vegetables, I throw it into the pan with the satay sauce before moving to slicing the chicken. My stomach rumbles with hunger when I catch a whiff of the sauce.

I hear a stream of giggles before London races out of the hallway butt naked. Her blonde curls dangle down her back. She stops beside the table to rub her eyes.

"No," she yells.

"Come back here!" He demands. "You can't run around the house naked."

"Ahh," London continues to scream.

"Can you help me?" Blake sighs.

"No, I think you're doing a good job." I laugh.

    Blake huffs but continues to chase London. She circles around the dining table twice before doubling back down the hallway. There's some more screaming, but they eventually submerge with London dressed in her unicorn pyjamas.

    Ben and Axel sleuth off to the bedroom while I shake my head.

    "He needs to go."

    Blake raises his hands in defense.

    "We can't have Ben bringing his hookups back here. Did you know there was a random girl here the other night? It's dangerous and confusing for London."

    "I didn't." Blake shakes his head. "I promise I'll handle it."

    "Thank you."

    "Dinner smell delicious."

    "Do you want to help?" I beam. "My legs hurt from today."

    "No, you look fine." Blake winks.

    He grabs London and throws her onto the couch. She squeals with happiness and demands they watch a movie together. I chuckle because Blake's been thrown into yet another rerun of a Disney movie.

    "Dinner should be ready soon, so make sure it's something short otherwise she'll never move from that couch."

    "Actually, can we swap?" Blake smiles. "You're much better at this."

    "No, you look like you're doing a good job."

    Blake pouts, but I ignore it. Two can certainly play that game.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Baby Steps By Stephy

Teen Fiction

12.6M 347K 38
Sometimes we keep secrets because we know the truth will hurt more, but what happens when you keep a secret? Ava pretends she's happy despite struggl...
Monkey Wrench By MAX

General Fiction

183 5 19
A hidden life and a hidden past cross paths. Will these friends be able to stay together? Will life tear them apart? What is this path that intertwin...
152K 3.5K 36
When bad things happen there must come a silver lining because, without one, there is no moving forward, however, for Iris, it's not all so easy. On...
306K 11.2K 72
After an eventful year, Lia and Blake go back to college, eager to get away from everything. But they're not destined to find peace. Will their lov...