Rags To Riches | August Alsina

By WrittenAmbition

One day we broke together....Next day we rich forever. The survival of the fittest is taking place in the str... More

1. [Strug Life]
2. [Dark Times]
3. [Start of Something New]
4.[One Step Forward, Three Steps Back]
5. [A Brighter Day]
6.[ Something Has to Give]
7.[Creep]
8. [Payback]
9. [God Smile]
10. [Grind and Pray]
11.[Right There]
12. [Let's Talk About It]
13. [Past Dues]
14. [This Christmas]
15. [ New Year, No Change]
16. [ All Falls Down]
17.[My Moment]
18. [Reconciliation]
19. [Celebration]
20. [Set Fire to The Rain]
21. [Bitch, Killed My Vibe]
22. [ thankful]
24. [ Shoulda Known Better]
25. [Actions]
26. [tables turn]
27. [I'm In It]
28. [press play]
29.[press play] pt.II
30.[the after effect]
31. [back home again]
32. [ his Testimony]
33. [it all pays off]
34.[hollywood]
35.[ trouble]
36.[sparks will fly]
T H A N K YOU!
37 [it was all good a week ago]
38.[New Day]
39. [the crazy bunch]
40. [part of me]
41.[don't play]
42. [the hardest moment]
43.[don't walk away]
44. [Where The Wind Blows]
45. [the ease]
46.[Count On Me]
47. [Goodbye]
48. Another Last Chance
Hey Y'all! Hey!
49. [Remedy]
Long Time No See....
50.[ Close]

23. [Comeback Season]

7.2K 294 54
By WrittenAmbition

In the MM we got Emmy, Jo, Auggie, Liv, and Greg. Man I really hope y'all been paying attention, and I hope I still got your attention. 

Emerson

It was New Years Eve, and my bakery was finally finished. For the second opening I was having an intimate small party to could count down when the time come. August wasn't here, he was up in New York again. He'd be performing some where as the clock counted down as well. This coming year was his year I could feel it, this album was going to do big things for him.

This time around I made sure right after they finished everything with the building that the security camera were installed. The asshole who burned my bakery down the first time was still out there but I bet if this happen again somebody would be caught. The decoration crew was here now, so I was leaving them with Liv while I went to get my hair done. "I'll be back at 9 once I pick up the party gift bags" I side hugged Liv. "Okay 9, everybody will be back here then" Liv agreed.

Pulling up to this shop, I really hate that Chandra was not up here to do my hair because sometimes I felt like nobody else understood what I wanted. This shop is suppose to be some good though. The service was good, they offered you drinks and food while you waited and the over all feel of my hair at the end I was satisfied. My next stop was to pull up to the place making my party gift bags to get my shipment.

"Emerson, good to see you beautiful" Elliot the guy behind the party bags smiled once I came in "Hey Eli, are my bags ready yet" I leaned on the counter "I got a couple more to go, my crew doing that now though so let me check" He stepped away for minute before returning.

"Come on boo lets get these to your car" Eli came back carrying a hug box. I grabbed the door for him and he sat the box on my backseat. "See you later boo" I kissed his cheek before getting in the car pulling off.

--

"Tel" I yelled out walking in my apartment but he wasn't here. I pulled out my phone calling him. "Hey baby, I'm going to be late to the party" Tel seemed annoyed. "Right, okay then bye" I hung up. There was no need to continue this conversation then. I shot Era a text making sure his friend was still DJing my set, he told me yeah so that was coming through. I pulled out my dress for the night before I went and got in the shower, I was blasting straight R&B no rap that's how I like it. I needed to relax, since Tel just spiked my blood pressure up.

Getting out the shower, I seen I had a FaceTime from August so. I got dressed sat at my vanity and called him back. "Wazzam gorgeous" He smiled in the camera "Hey Aug" I took the pins out my hair "What's wrong Emmy, a nigga can't get a smile" August kissed his teeth.

"Tel is going to be late, so now I don't have a date to my own re-opening. How that sound" I rolled my eyes "If it makes you feel any better a nigga solo up hea', L went to the N.O and she took ha friends" August looked to the side "This who with me" He turned his camera. T was nodding off in a chair across the room and Sneak was knocked out face down in the bed next to him.

"If you would have told me, I could have come with you" I pouted starting on my makeup "We gone make this trip one day, New York the shit" he laid back in the bed "Trav gone be thea' with you so cheer up. So is Mel" August tried. "You right, you need to hurry up and come home"

"Or you could just come up hea' after the party" Aug suggested "I'll see, it's cold as fuck up there" I laughed "Hell yea, don't put too much of that shit on ya face Em" He mugged "Alright dad damn" I applied my lipstick since I had enough make up according to August. "I'ma call you back when a nigga get off stage, have fun baybeh and don't be pouting all night" He told me

"Bye Aug" I waved ending our call. I stood in my full length mirror stepping into my shoes checking myself out. August was right, I couldn't pout all night I was too pretty right now for all that. I grabbed my clutch and keys going out the door. "Aye sis I heard you need a date" Trav was getting out his car. "Yeah, but I don't know if you look good enough let me check you out" I walked down the stairs. "Who me, shit" Trav came walking towards me. "Okay, okay I see you. I think you got it" I tossed him the keys to my car.

"Nigga look that good he get to drive" Trav held his chest "Nah I just look too good to drive" I laughed as he opened my door. "So the DJ gone be late, I'a be on the turn table til he get thea'" Trav told me

"You, Djing?" I shook my head. "This is about to be a long night" I let my seat back "Girl hush I saved you twice, I'm your date and your DJ" Trav laughed "I guess, I owe you one well two" I held my phone up snapping a picture of Trav.

Bro @TLabranch saved me twice today. Pull up to my party scene. I captioned it before posting.

A snapped a couple selfies of myself on the way there. Once we got there all my main help was there. It was really nothing for us to do for the next half hour. "Bae did you call Em" Liv came out the back dressed in all white.

"Look at you beautiful, what you need to tell me though" I asked her "Ally sick, she won't be here. She told me she was going to the hospital" She informed me "Aww maybe we can go visit her tomorrow"

"Yeah, take her some" Greg agreed. We all looked nice, we were killing the scene. "Emmy" Mel walked on the door. "I thought you were going to stay in Chicago on me" I nudged him "Hell nah, I came down hea'. This might be my last semester up thea' anyway the coach on dummy" He shook his head

"Well that's good that mean I could come to your games often" I smiled. "Yo get me and extension cord" Trav yelled out as he set up the DJ booth. "Lord be with him" I shook my head going to my office grabbing a chord for him. My phone buzzed on the desk it was Tel.

Telly: Bae, I'm not gone make it. Gram not feeling too good she might have to be in he hospital for the next two days.

Blowing my breath I didn't even respond, Trav was my date, Mel and my friends were here no big deal. "Here Travis" I handed him the cord. I looked out the window seeing a line form. "So Yall just gone leave the people out in the cold" I headed to the door letting them in.

Travis got the music together, my servers for the night had the food flowing, and the gift table was looking real nice. "Hey Em" I turned to see Era "I thought you were in New York with Aug" I wrinkled my eyebrows

"Ain't no damn body in New York" I heard August from behind me. "Aug" I hugged him tight "I wasn't pose ta be hea' this early but Trav told me you was poutin'. What I say earlier" He held me back looking down at me "Don't be pouting all night" I sighed.

"Hey Boos" Joie came through the door. "Hey love" I hugged her. "Where the drinks" She looked around "The shot girls are walking around" I told her. "Good job, looks like everything came togetha' fa you again" August stood behind me as we watched the party "It did huh" I nodded.

"One time for my shawty Emerson. We rocking the house for her tonight as we go into this New Year getting Numb" He spoke over the mic dropping August track Numb. "This you, aye let's go" I turned pulling him to the middle of the floor. August sung and attempted to dance as I danced.

The night went smoothly, a lot more people showed up then I expected. There was no problems everybody left safe, and happy. "I'm coming to spend the night, so wait for me before you got to sleep" I told August as he walked me to my car.

"Aight" He closed my door once I was in the car.

Mel was staying at Aug house to and since Lauryn was back home I decided I would go stay the night too. I'd just leave from his house to go see Ally in the hospital tomorrow.

"Hurry" I shivered as the wind blew tryna open up my door. "Don't make one sound, just go in calmly" I felt steel at the back off my neck and seen another person standing on the side of me.

"I want every bill you got in the purse, the phone, the watch and that ring" The robber listed as we walked into my house, which looked like they'd been in here already because it was ransacked.

I took off my watch, opened my purse handing him the bills I had in my wallet, but the ring I didn't wanna give up. It was on my right hand and it was my Christmas gift from August. "The ring bitch" I slid it off my finger as tears slid down my face.

"Now I want you to strip, for me" He laughed "What" I cried "Strip bitch, the dress take it off" He yelled "Man nah we got everything we could have want let's go" The other one pushed him toward the door.

"Sorry sweet heart you good, we owe you one" He continuously pushed his friend toward the door. I searched for my keys, seeing that they were still in the door. I grabbed them running down out the door down the stairs to my car.

Joie house was to far, August how was even further, I just wanted to feel safe so I pulled up to Ky and Knuck house. I know they were probably sleep but I rang the doorbell repeatedly until it swung open. "Emerson, what's wrong" Knuck snatched me in the door.

"I was just robbed, they took my phone, my watch, my ring, my money" I cried out "What, man hold on sis" He ran upstairs I just headed to the living room "Boo what happen" Ky came in

"They robbed me, it's like they waited for me after they robbed my apartment" I sobbed "Knuck calling Yung right now sweetie, I'm so sorry" She rubbed my back as I cried.

Sitting there the words I'm sorry sweet heart kept replaying over and over in my head. You couldn't make me feel any different then I was feeling right now about them words.

"He on the way now" Knuck now had on shoes and a hoodie. I just sat there thinking about those words.

--

"Damn I knew I shoulda went with chu" Mel came in the door first. "Fuck man, you coming ta stay back with me. Not tryna hear shit about how you don't wanna." He pulled me up into a hug.

"We going to get your shit right now, let's go" Aug ordered.

Ky made Knuck go convincing him her and Ky'lee would be okay. So It was just little ol me and the guys. Big T stayed in the car with me while Mel, Trav, Knuck, Sneak, and August got all my things putting them in the trunks of our cars.

"You good, Em" T looked down at me "Yeah, I was just a little scared. A lot of shit has happen to me" I leaned back on the car. "Yung beat himself up all the way here" He told me

"I'm sure, he tries to take responsibility for everything bad that had happen to me since he's known me. He's always like how I let this happen to you" I mocked August bringing a small smile to my face. "Aight anything you missing we'll come back and get in the morning" Aug stepped up handed Big T the key to his car.

"Come on" Aug opened the door for me before he went to get in he drivers seat of my car. "You good Emmy" He kissed the back of my hand "Yeah Aug, they took my ring" I dropped my head

"Pick that big ass head up girl. Ion care about that shit we gone get you a new one." He laughed as we pulled up to a red light "I'm just glad you still hea': He looked ova at me "Me too August" I looked at him before looking ahead, I had to figure out a right time to tell him what I was thinking, I don't know when that would ever be.

--

Next Afternoon

I fixed my sun glasses on top of my head before heading down the hall to Aug room. "Are you ready" I asked Aug. "Yeah I'm ready" He came out the room as we headed downstairs. "We be back, you nigga don't fuck my shit up" Aug ranted and they looked at him like gone some where.

"So when Lauryn coming back" I looked out the window at the trees as the road winded. "Probably next week, hell if I care she got a nigga out hea' dry" Aug smacked his lips, I couldn't help but laugh at him

"Poor baby, we need to get you some Lubriderm or maybe some Johnson & Johnson baby oil the thick kind" I couldn't stop laughing "Aight you think shit a joke, sleep by ya self tonight" I side eyed me "I'm playing, I'm sorry" I stopped laughing.

Last night all I did was toss and turn, I had nightmares all night about what happen to me back in N.O then it would skip to what happen back in Houston. The only way I was able to sleep was when August came and go in bed with me. He held me, and I slept peacefully.

"I need to get to the room of Allison Wade," I told the receptionist "Room H566" She handed me two passes. I handed off one to August. "Do I need a mask, you know a nigga get sick in a heart beat" August covered his nose.

"Whatever you want" I laughed grabbing one from a door we walked pass. "I'm ready" He stated right as the elevator dinged "Come on fool" I pulled him on the elevator. On The way to the part of the hospital Ally was in we passed the baby nursery. The big glass window showed off all the new born babies, and they were adorable.

"Look what the cat dragged in" Greg said making Ally and Liv turn toward the door. "Hey boo" I walked to the bed hugging her "No get back I don't wanna get you sick" She shook her head. "Hey August" Ally waved at him "Wazzam Ally, I'm gone stay ova hea' I can't get sick" Aug was so extra standing under the TV.

"How you feel" I rubbed her hand "Like shit, and they not letting me out no time soon" She frowned. "Aww, don't worry about it I got you a replacement on the register" I teased

"Please, I can't be replaced but they told me you hired a new girl and guy because we got two extra cash registers this time around" Ally laughed "Damn yall talk so much" I eyed Liv and Greg.

"How did last night go" Ally asked "Good until I got home to be robbed" I sighed "What" Ally, Liv and Greg all bucked at the same time. "yeah, we can talk about it another time, but I'm back at August house" I told them

"Man we coming over after we leave here" Greg told me "Okay cool, maybe I'll talk about it then maybe not" I cleared my throat. "I'm going to find the ice machine I'll be back." I got up going back down the hall. As I approach the baby nursery the guy standing at the window became more and more familiar.

"Martel" I took the glasses off my face. He looked up at me "Oh Em, what's up baby" He hugged me. "Why you here, and at the baby nursery" I never hugged him back. "My grandma here, the baby nursery keeps me calm. They all so new and unharmed by the world we live in it makes me feel happy being here. Instead of in the room seeing my Grandma in pain" He got deep.

"Well let me go see her while I'm here" I told him "Nah she sleep right now, I came down here once I was sure she was. Why you here" He asked "Allison sick, so I came to see her"

"Look, I'll be back go say hey to Allison" I told him walking off to find the ice machine. I stopped asked the lady at the desk and grabbing a pitcher to fill up for the room. Come to find out I had to go all the way to the café to get it. Once I got back to the room Martel was in there and he looked annoyed.

"Yo why you ain't tell me you got robbed last night" He came off strong. "Like brah, calm down talk about this later and change your tone this not the time nor place" August stepped in before I could even say anything. Tel just walked out bumping my shoulder.

"Somebody needs to go to a AA meeting" Liv joked "I swear" I sat the pitcher down getting some ice out for myself before sitting down joining in on the conversation. I decided to tell them what happen last night, and they were shocked. "That shit don't sound right" Greg shook his head

"I know, same shit I said" August agreed.

We stayed a couple more hours with Ally before we headed home, Greg and Liv still came over. Martel didn't even text me or anything for him to be as concerned as he was. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211K 7.8K 93
Book One. Somehow, someway everyone is connected together. Your dealing with love, drama, reality, and plenty of different, massive mindsets. Augus...
46.2K 1.4K 17
Marie Monroe moves to New Orleans to live a changed life, but with her drunk mother and abusive stepfather there's a life of pain and suffering. Unti...
124K 2.5K 30
Will love ever come between Nyla and August or will they try and fight what is really going on. Are they denial about their feelings or is it all jus...
234 27 3
In the diverse streets of New York, where worlds collide, two souls from opposite neighborhoods cross paths. Their unexpected encounter creates the f...