A Kiss on the Cheek (akotw tr...

By mandyxtine

||book 2 of the akotw trilogy|| For now, things are going perfect for Channing and Niall... but things never... More

||prologue||
You're My Bad Habit |1+|
Chialler Video Diary #1 |2|
Nilla Wafers |3|
wmy... ratchet |Ch 4|
There's No 'I' in Threesome |5+|
The Crooked Cop and The Man with No Soul |6|
This is No Time For Nouis Feels |7+|
Slit Wrists and Battered Hearts |8+|
Jetta Chasing For Dummies |9|
Bruised All Along Her Thighs |10|
It Is What It Is |11+|
This Means War |12|
Gravity |13+|
You're Gonna Miss Me By My Taco |14|
You Can Take the Blade Away from the Girl |15+|
Dear Olive |16|
Damsel in Distress |17|
Love Over Lust |19|
I Kissed A Boy & I Liked It |20+|
Bottoms Stick Together |21+|
How To Shave Your Tarantula |22|
Too Ready and Too Willing |23+|
Masochistic Assholes Like Edward Cullen |24+|
The Shit Hits the Fan |25+|
new username & i'm sorry

Trapped in the Closet |18|

49.2K 1.4K 557
By mandyxtine

Author's Note einundneunzig:

First off... I'd like to mention some good advice I received from @that_crazy_kid... I'd totally dedicate this chapter to you... but I just did that like two chapters ago! lol but basically I wanted to say you're right. I'm being a bit greedy and the number of votes shouldn't matter. I guess we all just want to feel like the work we put into writing is WORTH something... and on a site like this, that worth comes from votes ;) but it's true, that really shouldn't matter. I'm not going to make vote quotas anymore. I'll just write when I can and hope that'll be enough for you guys to actually vote (laughs hystericaly behind laptop before sobbing bc YEAH RIGHT y'all aint gonna vote) 

ok ok ok, how about this... u vote, and I will make it my life mission to find u 1d nudez. do we have a deal? good! -- go on now... get to voting! [swats u in the ass with a broom]

dedicated to @hoopsz because she always comments on everything and I love her so much plus she's older like me and we be lightin' the sky with our 1Dcougar musk, pulling those boys in like moths to a flame.

Song of the chapter "One Hundred Times" by Hit the Lights <3 - this song is perfection... u know the drill... get your asses to the media section c:

__________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 18: Trapped in the Closet

|| n i a l l ||

As my mind fought to wake and drag it's way out of the darkness, my senses began to pick up on a few things around me: the feel of her head on my chest, the smell of her hair, the sound of her light breathing, and the taste of her lips which still lingered on mine. As I released a sigh of contentment, I realized there was only one more step to complete the process of transitioning from asleep to awake; without a second thought, I pried my eyes open to catch a glimpse of the sleeping beauty who was making all of my five senses hum and buzz in excitement.

She was wrapped snuggly around my body, mirroring me so that we fit together perfectly. I could already feel the ache that was forming in my neck and back from sleeping on the hard floor all night, but at the moment, just the sight of her was enough to distract me.

I stared down at her sleeping face, paying special attention to her long lashes which were fluttering against her delicate cheeks as well as her brow that she seemed to keep furrowing. I took my finger and gently smoothed out the worry line between her eyebrows and bit back my laughter as I watched the facial expressions she made in her sleep. How had I never noticed before?

With a devilish idea growing in my mind, I slyly slipped my hand into my back pocket and fished out my mobile. Being careful not to jostle Channing in the slightest, I carefully opened up the video camera and immediately hit the record button, wanting to capture as many of her animated expressions as I could before her mind brought her back into the realm of consciousness.

I held the phone up next to my face so that I was aiming it at her and I watched in amusement as she continued to furrow her brow, relax her face, bite her lip, and even sigh a few times. It was moments like this when I wish I could crawl into the depths of her mind and just watch every experience and every thought she'd ever had, like a movie. I wish I could see her totally uncensored... at her rawest. Hopefully one day, I'd break down any remaining walls that separated us, and I'd get to know every little thing about her. I wanted her to trust me, and although my ego was still a little sore from her choosing Liam over me last night, I had to keep reminding myself that there was probably a good reason for it.

She mumbled a few incoherent words here and there, but ultimately, I'd gotten what I wanted, so I filmed myself kissing the top of her head lightly before turning off the camera and pushing it back into my pocket. I couldn't wait to see the look on her face when I showed her the video later. She'd probably pretend to be angry, but I'd just give her the puppy eyes and she'd turn away to hide her smile.

As I settled down once more, I wrapped my arm around her a little tighter, hoping that she would begin to wake up, and much to my satisfaction, that is exactly what she did. I stared down at her as she opened those grey doe eyes wide for a moment, before immediately closing them to adjust to the morning light.

"You're such a creeper... watching me sleep again..." she mumbled, her voice thick and slightly scratchy from sleep. Her head bounced ever so slightly on my chest as I released a little chuckle; after kissing the top of her head once more, my lips quickly found her ear, "Yeah, I taped yeh too... good thing yeh didn' wake up this time," I whispered, allowing my lips to linger near her ear for a second before wrapping my arms around her and pulling the both of us up so that we were leaning more comfortably against the wall.

Channing slowly turned her head, giving me a forced glare, "What?" she asked, attempting to sound intimidating.

I just smiled down at her cheerily, "Yea! Would yeh like to see tha video?" I asked, pretending to reach for my pocket, but I knew better than do to that, because she'd probably try and delete it.

"Niall James," she scolded, causing me to laugh louder as her cheeks came alive with color.

"Oh... we're not goin' to pull out tha middle name card, now are we?" I asked innocently, well aware that she hated when I brought up her middle name.

Her eyes went wide as she understood my threat; I could feel my smile growing more devious as the name was at the tip of my tongue, "Channing..." I said slowly, drawing out her name in order to drag out my teasing longer.

"Don't do it... you'll regret it!" she warned quietly, trying to keep her cool, however, her lips betrayed her as they tugged upwards into the tiniest smile.

"How do yeh plan on stoppin' me?" I asked mockingly, standing quickly before bending over to lift her off the ground, cradling her in my arms.

She didn't break eye contact as we walked into the bedroom and she let out a little yelp as I tossed her onto the bed. I hesitantly crawled across the duvet, making my way to hover over her without being too intimidating; I still wasn't exactly sure what triggered her last episode, so we were just going to have to play this by ear to figure out what things we could and couldn't do.

I looked down, meeting her eyes and giving her a knowing smile, "Channing Pris--" I was abruptly cut off from finishing her middle name as she urgently reached up, wrapping her arms around my neck and meeting me half way, locking my lips in a chaste kiss. After a few seconds we pulled away and smiled at one another sheepishly; I was about to swoop in for another when I heard a door slam open and loud voices coming from the hallway.

Channing's eyes widened in confusion, but I just played it off, kissing her cheek lightly before climbing off of her. I peeked my head out the door to see Liam speaking with a distraught looking Louis; before making my way to the lads, I glanced over my shoulder toward Channing, "Why don't yeh take a shower an' get ready fer tha day, love? I'll see what's goin' on," I assured her, sighing in relief as she gave me a questioning look for only a moment before disappearing into the bathroom.

I jogged down the short hallway and met Liam's eyes as he stood there watching Louis since he was still pacing back and forth, "What's goin' on?" I asked curiously, watching intently as Louis stilled and looked up at me. He ran his fingers though his hair, looking as if he were debating on ripping it out as he spoke, "Harry and Jet are gone; I woke up and went into check on them and they were just gone... the bed wasn't even warm so they had to have left a while ago," he muttered with an aura of annoyance clouding the air around him.

I offered him a sympathetic look as I placed my hand on his shoulder, "Lou, maybe they jus' left tah go get breakfast er somethin'?" I suggested, feeling my own insides rumble at the thought of food.

Liam stepped in as well, his tone calm, "Yeah, Louis, don't get so worked up... you know how you like to jump to conclusions when it comes to those two," he warned gently, which was actually very true. There had been many fights between Lou and Jetta because he jumped to conclusions before getting the full story from her.

"I know," he groaned loudly, flopping down on to the couch behind him, "I just can't help it, she makes me crazy," he added quietly.

After a few minutes, the front door opened and I noticed Louis' eyes light up for a moment before he realized it was only Zayn who was entering the room; apparently Zayn noticed Louis' look of disappointment as well, because a small smirk graced his lips as he walked over to our little impromptu group huddle, "What's the matter mate? Were you hoping that I was going to be a leggy blonde with big boobs and sass out the ass like you?" Zayn teased, sending a small wink which ultimately cracked Louis' sour demeanor, and I jokingly gasped as he finally smiled for the first time that morning.

"Oh, shut it," he muttered, still laughing, "Just be glad Jet wasn't here to hear you call her those things," Louis said warningly. Zayn shivered slightly at the thought of Jetta unleashing her anger on him, but covered it up quickly.

"So you haven't seen them?" Lou asked Zayn after a few seconds, sounding hopeful. My stomach took it upon itself to growl again at that particular moment and all three sets of eyes turned to look down at my stomach, as if it had offended them by interrupting their conversation.

"Sorry... geeze," I mumbled, rubbing my belly in hopes of calming it down. To be honest, I was starving and it was almost to the point where I actually felt like I was going to be sick if I didn't get something to eat soon. Liam sighed before reaching into one of his bags that was sitting on the floor near the couch and I almost kissed him when he handed me two granola bars. It took me all of two minutes to scarf down the first one, but Liam made me wait five minutes to eat the second, for fear of making myself puke; so I plonked down onto the couch with Louis and pouted for a few minutes while I waited.

"Ughh... Lou, actually I think I might know where--" Zayn said, but was quickly silenced as Channing came running down the hallway wearing no more than a towel, I might add, and began brandishing my phone around. I patted my back pocket only to find it empty, so the blasted thing must have fallen out.

'What's wrong, babe?" I asked, quickly climbing to my feet, and leaving the granola bar I'd been staring at on the coffee table, abandoned.

"You guys, I think Harry and Jet are in a lot of trouble!" she exclaimed in a slightly hysterical tone.

I turned to see the other lads reactions and quickly felt the need to make Channing cover up when I noticed a few lustful faces sizing her up. I cleared my throat quickly and the three of them tore their eyes away from Channing: Zayn looked at his feet, Louis looked at the ceiling, and Liam just gave me an apologetic stare.

I rolled my eyes, however, I saw Liam looking at Channing once more, and I was about to voice my dislike for his roaming eyes, but I bit my tongue when I noticed that he seemed to have his eyes wide and motioning at Channing, as if trying to remind her of something. He subtly pointed to his arm before nonchalantly scratching the back of his head, and I took a second to glance at Channing only to see her suddenly whip her arm behind her back, so that it was out of my sight.

Liam quickly sighed as he grabbed his jacket off of the arm chair and helped her put her arms through it in order to cover herself up. I watched them curiously while Zayn and Louis had continued on with their conversation.

I was about to ask them why they were being so secretive, but Channing quickly shook her head, brushing me off as she thrust my phone into my fingertips, "Guys, Jetta and Harry are in trouble," she repeated, catching everyone's attention again as she pointed toward the little screen on my mobile.

Apparently she had the twitter app pulled up and we watched as she refreshed the trends and three caught my eye:

#HarryPutsTheMotionInMyOcean 

#StayStrongLouis

#HarryKeepItInYourTrousers

After taking a second to laugh internally at the trends, I clicked on the first one, swallowing loudly, and hearing the other lads gulp as well as we saw the hundreds of tweets pouring in, discussing Harry's whereabouts this morning with Jet;

@niallsnutzplz omg harry was caught on the beach with that blonde chick they always hang out with... in their freaking underwear. *brb jumping off a cliff*

@wmyhairy oh. harry was spotted at the beach. making out with a pretty blonde. i'm fine tho. seriously i'm alright... *eats 17 donuts, 4 cupcakes, 37 tubs of ice cream, and 9 pizzas* really im fine.

@swallowsbutterflies harry caught gettin down and dirty I hope Louis doesn't take it too hard #staystrongharrygirls

The last tweet had a picture attached and as we opened the link I practically felt Louis' annoyance transform into pure rage as he turned around, placing his foot onto the couch and shoving it out of the way so that it skid a few feet across the hardwood floor.

Without saying a word he stomped out of the room slamming the door behind him; I glanced up looking worriedly at Liam as he sighed in aggravation, "Damnit, I knew this was bound to happen," he complained, shaking his head ever so slightly.

I was still looking through the tweets and pictures and saw there were multiple ones where Jet was clearly leaning over Harry while he laid in the sand, her mouth covering his, but there were also a few more curious shots where it looked like her hands were pressing against his chest. I didn't have much time to analyze it any further because Channing was already pulling me back to the room so that we could get ready, "Come on, we have to help them... what if they're cornered somewhere?" she asked anxiously.

Without even caring that I was still in the room, she quickly tossed Liam's hoodie onto the bed and began searching her luggage for some clothes; I watched her for a second as she clutched the towel to her chest, however, my eyes went wide and I dropped my phone to the floor when I noticed the white bandages covering her left arm.

"Channing!" I said urgently, not having the patience to question her calmly, "What is on yer arm?" I questioned in a serious tone.

She grew pale as she quickly turned away from me and cradled her arm to her chest, "It's... ah... it's nothing," she stuttered, attempting to quickly dress to cover the evidence, however, after taking three long strides I was standing right next to her. I halted her movements as gently as I could and examined the bandage which was suspiciously hiding her wrist.

"Yeh did it again?" I asked in almost a broken whisper, trying to swallow but my mouth was as dry as sandpaper.

"I'm sorry," she whimpered, looking down at her feet in shame.

Without another word, I released her arm, allowing her to finish getting ready; Channing gave me a curious look as I fetched some clean clothes out of my bags and dressed quickly as well. I could feel her eyes watching me as I gathered my things and left the room; at the last moment I stepped back into the room, turning towards her but not meeting her eyes, "Check out is at noon, l- I'll jus' see yeh out there," I said with a shrug, my mind incapable of stringing a simple sentence together.

As I shut the door behind me, I couldn't help but feel the anger and disappointment resonating in my bones; how could she do that again? She knew how much that tore me up to see fresh marks on her skin. Although it was true that I was angry that she did it in the first place, the thing that bothered me the most, was the fact that she didn't trust me. Instead she asked Liam to take care of her, and that actually hurt more than anything else.

I wasn't meaning to act cold toward her, but I really just needed a few moments alone to think; as I sat on the couch with my head in my hands, I realized the only way that I was going to be able to get through to her, was if I started fighting fire with fire. Maybe she needed to see what it felt like from another point of view; maybe the only way to make her realize was if she had to watch someone she cared about do it to themselves as well.

I knew what I needed to do, however, the thought terrified me, and I honestly wasn't sure if I'd be able to follow through... but God so help me, if she did it again, she wouldn't like the drastic measures I was willing to take. Sometimes drastic times called for drastic measures... I just hoped it wouldn't come to that in the end.

|| l o u i s ||

After seeing the pictures of Jetta and Harry on Niall's phone, I almost lost it. Any hope I had of a simple morning walk or fetching breakfast was gone and replaced with a rage that had me seeing red; I felt angry, that was for sure, but above all else, I felt completely betrayed... by both of them.

I knew I shouldn't have trusted him, and right when she was creeping under my skin, she goes and pulls one of her back stabbing moves. Hell, I should have known, she told me dozens of times that she wasn't a relationship kind of girl, but for some reason I felt like I was the one who could change that. Sometimes I was such an idiot.

I felt extremely let down but I allowed a sadistic smile to cross my face as I continued flipping through the pictures on twitter that I was now looking at on my phone. I must really love pain because although searching through the pictures was causing a few cracks in my stupid no-good heart, a single thought kept bouncing around in my brain, 'Damn, Jet looks good in those boy shorts.'

|| j e t t a ||

I gripped Harry's hand tightly as I attempted to drag him to safety; hell, the poor boy just got his ass handed to him by the ocean and now he was running for his life from the very people who claimed to love him. Do his damn fans understand how ironic this is? I smiled a little, glad I was no longer in the same boat as them. I felt rather privileged that I no longer thought of the boys as Gods, but rather actual human beings.

I was zapped back into our current situation as I heard the girls gaining on us, so I began to full on sprint, searching desperately for anywhere to hide. Unfortunately, being that we were on a God damn beach, there wasn't much to choose from aside from jumping into the open sea or burying ourselves alive in the sand. Both of which seemed seemed likely to bring certain death.

We had been running farther up the beach, coming closer to the actual beach houses which were decorating the shore, and I almost wanted to break into one just to hide for a few minutes and catch our breath.

I noticed a girl who had come out to retrieve a newspaper along her front porch and I didn't even think. Twice before screaming for her attention, "Hey! Help us! We need to hide!" She looked up, surprise and suspicion written all over her face before noticing the hoard of crazy people making their way over the hill.

I moved to the side slightly so that she could see who I was hiding behind me and I saw her swallow painfully as she recognized the curly haired weirdo who was standing there, still probably in shock because he had yet to actually speak.

"Is that... is that...?" she stuttered, at a loss for words.

"Yes! Yes it is, now hide us, please! He's hurt..." I begged showing her the shirt that was wrapped around his head earlier which was now stained a lovely red color.

The girls eyes grew wide and she gave a subtle nod, "Run around the house, the back fence is unlocked, hurry and come up the path in the back garden... I'll meet you inside!" she said hurriedly, trying to not attract too much attention from the coming crowd.

"Go!" she whisper yelled when we stood there staring at her, but at her command we took off around the back of the house. Hopefully she'd lead the people in the wrong direction. Ha.

After we entered through the back door, both Harry and I slumped down to the ground, panting heavily as we tried to regain our breath.

As soon as I thought it was safe to relax, the girl came running down the front hall, "hurry, get up the stairs and go in the second room on the left," she said urgently, ushering us up and all but shoving us up the steps.

"Lovely home you've got here!" Harry said with a cheeky grin, finally waking up from his catatonic state, since he apparently realized a rather pretty girl was in his presence. He's such a tool I swear.

We went up the steps and hurried into the specified room, just as we heard voices taking place in the hallway. Harry and I looked at one another and put our ears to the door in order to listen in, "What's with all the racket, Helena? I've got a fucking headache!" the voice whom I assumed belonged to her mother yelled.

"Sorry Shay, I was just listening to my iPod too loudly after I went out for my run," she answered, her voice softer and much more pleasant than the other.

"Well get your ass in your room, you know I don't like my clients to see you here or they might not call me up again," Shay spat harshly.

Harry gulped loudly as he turned his head to look at me, "This doesn't sound good," he muttered, leaning his forehead against the door.

"Sorry, let me know when he's gone," she mumbled, her voice sounding as if it were getting closer to us, but I realized this much too late as she threw the door open, sending both me and Harry flying backward onto the unforgiving floor.

Her face was apologetic as she finished pushing the door open and I groaned loudly as Harry did the same and rolled over onto his stomach.

It was at that moment that I met Helena's eye and I could tell she was trying to hold in a laugh, but I couldn't help but chuckle as well at the awkward meeting, "I'm so sorry you guys... my Aunt gets a little... grumpy in the morning," she said softly, obviously trying to cover up her Aunt's distasteful profession.

I could see that her cheeks were burning slightly and I also took that moment to study the rest of her; she was somewhat pale, average height and build, with shoulder length reddish hair which was pink at the tips and warm brown eyes. She had a simplicity that reminded me of Channing yet a confidence that reminded me of myself. I glanced toward Harry and also noticed he was checking her out, but who could blame him? She was obviously dressed to work out wearing short red shorts and a sports bra that left her torso exposed. Not gonna lie... she was hot.

"Sorry if we... interrupted your morning run..." Harry said sheepishly, giving his hair a little shake and watching her as she dug inside her dresser for some clothing.

I smacked his arm and gave him an incredulous look; of course he was injured and still attempting to flirt. He was like the energizer bunny when it came to chatting up women. Damn pig. I even took the opportunity to oink at him in the awkward silence. Let's just say I earned a funny look from Helena as well as smirk from Harry.

He briefly shrugged his shoulders at me before turning back towards her, and I may or may not have felt a little pang of jealousy bouncing around in my belly. But it was probably just gas. No worries.

"I'm Helena, by the way," she said warmly as she came to sit down in front of us, extending her hand toward me, "But, my friends call me Lena."

I reached forward and shook her hand before she awkwardly handed me a tee shirt and a pair of shorts, "Uhm... I wasn't sure if you wanted to cover up..." she trailed off looking away from me awkwardly. I immediately remembered that I was flouncing around in my bra and undies and quickly accepted the clothes with a sheepish grin.

"Thank you," I said with a laugh, "Oh... and I'm Jetta," I added on at the end, earning a subtle nod from her.

I watched as Harry reached his hand out to introduce himself to her as well, "I'm Harry," he said with the hint of a smirk because she obviously knew who he was.

I quickly took the opportunity to intervene, "But his friends call him Princess Kitty Paws," I interjected, earning a giggle from Lena and a wide-eyed glare from Harry; I leaned in toward Lena's ear, "Or P.K.P for short," I added on, causing her to laugh even harder. Harry kept glaring at me, but I could see more humor than anger in his eyes so I really didn't give a shit.

I dressed quickly, quite aware of Harry's eyes still watching me, so I shoved his shoulder after pulling my head  through the black shirt that read "Oakville High Class of 2013."

"I'm sorry... I don't have really anything for you to wear except this," she said with a laugh as she handed Harry a big white shirt that had a picture of the Kool-aid man.

"Ohhhh yeahhhh!" I said with a laugh as he pulled it over his head. You know, because of those old kool-aid commercials when he used to burst through the walls at parties...

"Shut up!" Harry whispered back with flushed cheeks.

Lena just stood there watching us as we bickered back and forth for a few minutes before finding a spot in our banter to cut in, "How's your head, Harry?" she asked in a concerned voice, as she forced him to sit on her bed and checked out the back of his head; we both let out a gasp as we studied the deep gash that was hidden under his hair.

"How bad is it?" he asked in a small voice as his body grew tense.

"Uhhh..." Lena and I trailed off together as we tried to make the situation seem less worrisome than it probably was.

"I think you'll need stitches," she admitted to him after a few seconds and took off toward the door on the side of her room which I assumed led to a bathroom... or a closet.

I squeezed Harry's hand as the guilt of the earlier events tried to eat me alive, and I relaxed a little after I felt him squeeze mine back, "It wasn't your fault, babe," he assured me with an honest smile and butterflies may or may not have multiplied in my stomach upon hearing him call me babe. He did that to everyone though so it's not like it's a big deal... but then those thoughts brought me back to the kiss we shared earlier at the beach and my anxiety crept up my chest once more, squeezing my lungs and crushing my windpipe. What if Louis found out? What if someone took pictures? I was quickly pulled out of my mini freak out as Lena returned with a bunch of gauze and some medical tape.

I stared at her and watched as she gently cleaned his cut and wrapped the gauze around his head, "Now, I'm not a doctor, but this should help until you can get to a hospital," she said after ripping the tape off with her teeth and securing the last of the gauze. My kinda girl...

I bit down on my lip hard to stop from laughing, because to say that Harry looked ridiculous would be an understatement. He looked like I did when I got my wisdom teeth taken out a few years ago, I remember having an ice pack around my head for nearly a week.

"Heyyy... stop laughing at my expense," Harry pouted, before digging into his pocket and pulling out his phone. Shit, I forgot he even had that since I'd left mine back at the hotel.

He quickly picked the phone up and I suppose out of habit, he called his best friend... which was probably a big mistake considering that was Louis. Remind me to never get in between two best friends again.

I was about to tell him to hang up and call Niall or something but Louis picked up on the first ring, and he didn't sound exactly relieved to hear from Harry.

"Where the hell are you?" he asked angrily before Harry even uttered a word. Harry pulled the phone away from his ear since Louis was obviously on a mission to burst his eardrums.

"Uhhh... we're near Venice Beach," Harry mumbled, not sure of how to approach Louis' attitude.

"Yeah I gathered that much from all of the pictures circulating around Twitter. So where the hell are you hiding because we've been looking for you for the past two hours," Louis huffed in annoyance.

Harry and I looked at each other in alarm... pictures circulating... on twitter? Oh seriously fuck my life.

Harry looked up at Lena for help and she quickly reached forward grabbing the phone from his hand to talk to Louis and give him the address.

Harry sat there frozen, still looking down at his knees as he swallowed loudly before glancing up to meet my eyes, "We're soooo dead," he mouthed before shaking his head, and despite the situation, I found his reaction hilarious and began laughing.

Sure, I probably should have been worried that Louis was never going to talk to me again, but to be perfectly honest, there really wasn't that much harm done. It's not like I fucked him... so what if we shared a kiss? We were probably just overwhelmed with the fact that he wasn't dead. I mean I'd probably kiss Mitt Romney if I saved him from a watery grave... just kidding.

All three of us were startled as we heard banging on Lena's door, "Helena! Why the hell is the door locked?" she hollered from the other side of the wooden barrier. Harry and I looked from one another and back to Lena before she melted from her frozen stance and hurried toward the two of us. Harry and I stumbled as she quickly shoved us toward a half open door by her bed, and we literally tripped over each other as she pushed us inside and slammed the door.

"What the fuck!" he whisper yelled to me as I covered my mouth with my hand, trying my hardest not to being laughing like a lunatic.

After pulling a high heel out of my ass, I crawled closer toward Harry and we again placed our ears against the door to listen to Lena getting yelled at by her bitch of an Aunt, "Helena! Why the hell are my flowers trampled in the back garden?" she asked in such a furious tone, as if someone had just murdered her first born son. I immediately saw Harry look down in shame because it was his big ass clumsy feet which had actually trampled the flowers.

"I'm sorry Aunt Shay! I'll replant them!" Lena said hurriedly before we heard the loud thud of something heavy being thrown against the closet door. This woman seriously had rage issues.

"What have I said about calling me Aunt Shay?! It makes me sound old! Don't fucking do that!" she complained harshly.

Although I felt really, really bad, I couldn't help but laugh at our current situation so I turned toward Harry, "Hey dude... we're actually trapped in the closet right now..." I whispered, trying not to laugh.

Harry nodded with a grin, "Yeah, now I know how R.Kelly felt," he replied with a wink and I slapped his shoulder as he let out a loud laugh, quickly covering his mouth.

"What are you talking about? Haven't Louis and you been trapped in the closet for like, the past three years?" I quipped, raising my eye brow at him and feeling my insides melt as his smile carved those deep dimples into his cheeks. Damn those dimples.

"Ehh... it's been an off and on kinda thing," he answered vaguely.

I brought my hand to my chest in mock surprise, "Oh my God... same," I sighed in exasperation.

It was then that Lena ripped the door open, exposing us to the bright room once more; I shielded my face as the sunlight threatened to burn my eyeballs into dried up useless blobs.

"Your friend will be here in five minutes..." she whispered, before pointing her finger toward Harry and jabbing him in the chest, "And you owe be some damn flowers for the back garden," she said with a sassy smirk.

Harry's mouth dropped open for a second before regaining his composure, "Sorry for getting you into trouble... your Aunt doesn't seem like a very... understanding person," he mumbled, glancing down at his feet briefly before meeting her eyes.

Lena actually laughed at his observation, "She's not, but I can handle her... it's no big deal, but..." she trailed off looking bashful.

"Buuuuuuuuut....?" he repeated, dragging out the 'but' so that it was probably as big as Louis' ass.

"Could you maybe follow me?" she asked in a small voice and my directioner heart reached out to her and in that moment we were infinite. Just kidding. What the hell does that even mean? But in that moment I was thinking 'Hell yeah girl... get it!'

Harry's smile stretched across his face, "Of course, babe! What's your user?" he asked as she handed him his phone and he pulled up the twitter app.

I stood there expecting her to say something boring like her name or something since she didn't seem to be a hardcore directioner like, ahem, I used to be; so I was pleasantly surprised when she finally answered without batting an eyelash; "It's @dirrtyharry, with two r's in dirty," she answered simply.

I snorted awkwardly before hugging her tightly and kissing her on the cheek, "I love you for having a directioner account, I'm serious," I said with a laugh, watching Harry's cheeks warming up as I continued on, "Do you understand how embarrassed I was when they asked me for mine on that damn twitcam?" I said incredulously.

We looked at Harry with amused smiles on our faces as he spoke up, flailing his arms in the air, "Hehehe.. um... it's.... um... @NoJettaProtested..." Harry said in a girly voice obviously attempting to mock me.

"Shut up, you're just mad you weren't my favorite," I fired back, sticking out my tongue.

Hurt flashed across his face for a millisecond before he cleared it of emotion, "Well, I'm Lena's favorite so take that," he said smugly before poking me in my tongue which was still hanging out of my mouth. I quickly spit at him, "Eww! I don't know where that finger has been!" I gasped as I tried licking the sleeve of my- err Lena's- shirt to get his germs off.

"Oh I think you do..." he trailed off suggestively, causing Lena to laugh her ass off and me to punch him in the arm.

"I'm going to pretend that this isn't the weirdest morning of my life..." Lena said as she took a deep breath and sat on her bed. Just by looking at her I could tell that as soon as we left she was going to be jumping around her room and screaming into her pillow because... feels.

A few seconds later Harry's phone started going off and we gulped as we realized that the van was here to pick us up, "Thanks again... sooo much," I emphasized before giving her a tight hug and stepping back so that Harry could say his goodbye.

"We really do appreciate it, and sorry if we caused you any trouble with your Aunt," he whispered, kissing her hand as I rolled my eyes.

"Come on Romeo! Let's go put some stitches in your thick head," I said dryly, grabbing him by his ear and dragging him towards the door. After Lena made sure that Shay was still in her room, we hurried down the steps and out the front door.

As we climbed into the van, I immediately felt like I was choking due to the thick atmosphere. I took a second to search for those icy blue eyes that I could feel glaring at me and almost sighed in relief once I realized he was sitting in the front seat so I wouldn't have to sit by him.

No one said a word as Harry and I took our seats, and I wondered if it would be inappropriate to laugh when everyone was obviously pissed at us; Harry was obviously trying to ignore all of the daggers that people were telepathically throwing at us so he nudged me, showing me he'd sent out a new tweet, thanking Lena for her hospitability:

@Harry_Styles I'd personally like to thank @dirrtyharry for saving me & Jetta from a mass of blood thirty fans, giving us clothes, and hiding us in her closet from her crazy Aunt. also, sorry about the flowers. oh and for stealing your kool-aid man shirt. xx

I wanted to laugh so badly at the tweet, but bit my lip; I knew there was already a sassy little shit in the front seat who was wanting to tear my head off... so I probably shouldn't make things worse than they already undoubtedly were.

|| l o u i s ||

A painful silence fell over everyone in the van as soon Harry and Jetta piled in; I didn't even bother trying to talk to her, since it'd probably be in everyone's best interest if I waited until we were in private to accuse her of being a conniving, two timing, arsehole. How could she just run off with Harry to play in the ocean and roll around in the sand? A tiny voice in my head was scolding me, telling me that I wasn't being fair and I should listen to their side of the story, but at the moment, I just couldn't be bothered to give a fuck.

I was seated in the front seat, thankfully, so I wouldn't have to talk to anyone during the hour long drive to the airport. Preston was driving us and although I tried to make small talk he just grunted a few times which pretty much lead me to believe he wasn't in the mood to chat. There were some hushed voices talking in the back, and although I was tempted to turn around and glare at Jet, I didn't want to give her the satisfaction.

After we stopped at Hosptial so that a doctor could check out Harry's stupid head, I was thankful that the doctor's deemed it unworthy of stiches. Even though I was so incredibly pissed, it'd be harder for me to stay pissed at him if he were seriously injured. Yeah, yeah... he may have had a concussion, but... what can I say? Karma's a bitch. 

The silence of the car was eating me alive, so after another painful five minutes of nothing more than whispering and awkward coughing here and there, I quickly grabbed my iPod and connected it up to the dock. A wicked smile graced my lips as I flipped through the tunes in my hand, but ultimately, I decided on one that really seemed to fit the situation; I listened to the first part of the song with the volume turned low, but once the chorus came about, I just felt like someone else needed to hear it as well;

||a/n... hey guise... just wanted to pop in and remind u to get your asses to the media section to hear this song <3 toodles xoxo||

"So make me promises, girl, the kind I know you can't keep
And while I'm losing my mind, I hope you're home finding sleep.
But you and I both know that that's not the case
Because the look on your face gives all your secrets away."

I took a chance, peeking behind me and was rewarded with a pair of bright blue eyes that seemed to be ablaze as the hauntingly relatable lyrics wove in and twisted around in the atmosphere. I ignored the warning look that Channing was sending my way; I found it in my best interests to just pretend I hadn't noticed her murderous glare;

"Can we talk this over? At least just for tonight.
I asked myself one hundred times
Why did we even bother? Why did we even try?
But I miss you more than I did before.
I showed you my heart and you showed me the door.
Your subtle hints, I'm catching wind. How insincere are your finger prints?"

"So make me promises, girl, the kind I know you can't keep.
And while I'm losing my mind, I hope you're home finding sleep.
But you and I both know that that's not the case
because the look on your face gives all your secrets away."

I turned and looked again, meeting Jetta's eyes as the chorus kept repeating, and I held her gaze for a moment, knowing exactly what was coming up soon. My stare never faltered especially as the singer emphasized 'remember you're mine girl,', because for some reason when it came to Jet, I felt such a possessive tendency towards her, especially when Harry was involved. I also noticed Harry as he watched our exchange, but didn't show him the decency of looking up to meet his eyes;

I've been waiting for a good time to decide whether I was wrong or right.
Are you getting sick of the ride because I'm driving you out of your mind?

I've been waiting for a good time to decide whether I was wrong or right.
Are you getting sick of the ride because I'm driving you out of your mind?
Girl, remember you're mine, girl.

I slowly dropped eye contact with Jet and turned back around to face the front; I know I may have been behaving a bit dramatically, but who could blame me? I gave her my trust... hell, I gave both of them my trust! And what the hell did they do with that trust? They threw it in the ocean just like that old lady threw that damn necklace in Titanic. I knew I was being unbelievably childish, but like I stated earlier, at the moment, that was the only way I was able to cope, so I closed my eyes and leaned against the head rest as the song came to a close;

So make me promises, girl, the kind I know you can't keep.
And while I'm losing my mind, I hope you're home finding sleep.
But you and I both know that that's not the case
because the look on your face gives all your secrets away.

So make me promises, girl, the kind I know you can't keep.
And while I'm losing my mind, I hope you're home finding sleep.
But you and I both know that that's not the case
because the look on your face gives all your secrets away.

As soon as the tune ended, the silence radiating throughout the van was once again maddening. Was no one capable of finding a good topic of conversation? Or was everyone just going to be pissed at one another all day? Hell, even Channing and Niall seemed to be having some sort of dispute, considering they weren't being all lovey dovey as they usually were.

I sighed loudly, looking down at my phone once more; I went through my photo album, and every time I saw one of me and Jet together, I got this little ripple through my chest. Ugh stupid fucking feelings... was this whole thing with Harry worth letting her go? I loved having her around; would I really be able to keep ignoring her once we finally got to London? I was losing my mind and they hadn't even moved in yet. Well, I guess for now we were just going to have to sit back and let everyone get a grip on the situation. Hopefully everything would blow over... and although I'd never admit it, I was crossing my fingers that everything would be okay. For all of us.

|| c h a n n i n g ||

Niall had been somewhat ignoring me since we left the hotel in Los Angeles; even after we found Harry and Jet, he was still acting incredibly indifferent towards me, and I hated it. We were now sitting on the flight to London, everyone was still extremely tense, but it seemed as if the long flight had made everyone too exhausted to keep putting up a fight. Jetta was sleeping next to Zayn while Louis was talking with Liam and Harry was passed out, leaning his head on Paul. Since Harry and Jet had been up all night, it made since that they were so tired right now. I cringed at the awkwardness that was sure to happen when those three finally got to their flat.

I was looking out the window as the plane dipped down and began bringing us closer and closer to the green earth below. Niall knew I wasn't a fan of take-offs or landings, so I smiled gratefully when I felt him reach over and intertwine our fingers together. I was thankful to know that even when he was mad at me, he'd still be willing to be there for me when I needed him.

"Yeh alright?" he questioned, his voice soft and reassuring.

I pursed my lips together, nodding my head slowly before leaning into his chest. I shivered as he quickly wrapped his arm around my shoulder and his lips met my ear, "It's almost over, love," he whispered without an ounce of coldness in his voice, which was surprising since I'd been feeling the chill from him all morning.

My breathing faltered as I looked up at him and his lips tugged up into a sideways grin, "Niall, I'm so sorry about earlier," I mumbled back, unsure if he was still mad at me.

His features softened as he studied my face and I attempted to drop his gaze but he placed a finger under my chin to stop my head from moving, "I wasn't mad at yeh; disappointed an' hurt sure, but never mad," he admitted softly, his eyes glancing from mine, then down to my lips and back again.

I wasn't sure how to respond, but he surprised me when he gently nudged my chin upwards to connect his lips with mine. The kiss was not only tender and sweet, but it was soaked in a sort of forgiveness and understanding as well.

After a few seconds, Niall pulled away and gave me a stern look, "Please don' shut me out. I wantah be there for yeh, but I can't do that if yeh won't let me," he said, his voice so sincere I could feel my soul trembling.

"I won't... I was just so overwhelmed and ashamed of what you'd thi-" I attempted to explain myself but was cut off again my Niall's soft lips covering mine, which effectively shut me up.

After barely a second he pulled away and met my eye, "Don' yeh ever worry about what I may think of yeh, because I assure yeh it'll never change. I'll never see yeh as anyhin' less than an angel who's fergotten how tah fly," he whispered so softly against my lips that I was pretty sure I'd just imagined it.

Nonetheless, I felt my heart clench and my eyes water at his words; as he smiled down at me, I also felt all of the blood in my body seeping into my cheeks. I was honestly afraid if he touched them, it would set him ablaze.

I almost sighed in relief when he cupped my burning cheek, thankful that the laws of physics made it impossible for my embarrassing cheeks to do such a thing, "Please trust me," he begged, his cool lips pressing to my cheeks before pulling away and staring at me once more.

"I trust you with everything I have in me Niall, I promise. Trust wasn't the problem here... I was mostly afraid I'd hurt your feelings," I admitted awkwardly, trying to will my cheeks to just stop with the fire.

He sat back a little and actually let out one of his contagious laughs, "Olive, my feelings can take a beatin'... I am a man after all!" He exclaimed after hitting his chest like an ape would in the jungle to declare dominance. I merely rolled my eyes and giggled as he rubbed his chest right after beating it with a pathetic look on his face, "Ow..." he whimpered adorably, causing me to wrap my arms around him. Sometimes I forgot just how simple things could be with Niall... so why did I try to make things more complicated?

|| j e f f || [OMG wot!? lol yea jeFF not jeTT :p]

I kicked the beer bottle over that was standing in the way of the television before sitting back and propping my hands behind my head. Ryder was supposed to have gotten back to me by now; hell, if he couldn't get one of his guys to get an eye on that address, then he was seriously becoming more useless to me by the second.

After the little prick left with Channing a few weeks back, I'd used the sim card I found in the iPhone to track the address of the account holder. I was surprised to find out that he resided in London, considering his accent didn't seem British, and although their position was more pinpointed, I still wasn't going to just go off on a search with no plan. Ryder ended up contacting an inside man so that he could get eyes on the ground, to scope out the surroundings. Hopefully they'd find the whore and that little prick and we could finish this once and for all.

I just needed to make sure she was going to keep her mouth shut; I hated leaving loose ends, and Channing had been a lose end since the day I met her. I should have gotten rid of her immediately, because she wasn't worth all the trouble she was causing me now, even if Ryder did pay me good money to fuck her.

"Maxine!" I yelled over the noise of the TV, "Get me another beer!" I hollered, not bothering to wait for a response. That bitch knew to obey me. After a few moments, I smiled as the timid woman peeked around the corner, but it wasn't meant to be comforting and she knew that. She gulped as she approached me, and I admired the black and purple handiwork my fists had caused to her face last week when she finally came back to me.

Her hand was shaking violently as she tried to hand me the beer which was really starting to irritate me, so I smacked the bottle out of her hands, laughing as it crashed down to the ground. Glass flew across the hardwood floor, followed by the foamy alcohol. Such a pity all of that had to go to waste.

"Pick this shit up," I ordered, but grabbed her arm as she tried to quickly turn away from me.

"No, you know what? Get own your hands and knees and drink it up," I said with a laugh; her body tensed as her eyes searched mine, trying to understand if I was being serious.

She jumped as my voice boomed once more, "GO ON NOW! Drink it like the dog you are," I muttered, watching in delight as she squeezed her eyes shut and slowly got on her knees. After giving me another pathetic look, she leaned her face down and began slowly darting her tongue in and out of her mouth, lapping up the alcohol like the pathetic bitch she was. I could tell she was making an effort to avoid the glass shards, and for some reason I was disappointed by her caution.

After a few seconds of watching her trying to lick the beer up around the glass still mixed within it, I realized that I was still thirsty... hell that was meant to be my beer.

I roughly kicked my foot out so that it collided with her shoulder and she flew backwards, her back hitting the wall with a thump and her eyes were wide as she searched mine.

"Go get me another beer," I mumbled, moving my attention back to the baseball game that was taking place. Fuckin' Cardinals were getting their asses handed to them by none other than the Cubs.

As Maxine brought me my drink as well as the steak she'd been cooking, I reached out, smacking her ass roughly, and getting a little thrill as she whimpered. It was really easy to trick the dumb broad into coming back to the house; all I had to do was send her some pictures of Channing's welts I'd caused when I beat her with my belt. I sent them through the kids iPhone though so it couldn't necessarily be traced back to me with the simple caption of, "Training to be a whore just like her Mama" and then I sent another picture with her clothing all ripped up. Almost immediately I got a phone call from her, threatening me to let Channing go. Little did she know that Channing was already long gone, but that didn't matter because I'd already lured her into coming back.

This was how it should have been from day one, just me and Maxine. No God damn kids should have ever been here, kids are only there to fuck everything up. I muted the television as I heard some soft sobbing from the kitchen, and although Maxine was in the dog house, that didn't mean I didn't care about her. However, tonight I was just too exhausted to deal with her shit, so I just turned the baseball game up louder, trying my best to drown out her choked sobs. Why did women have to be so damn annoying? They needed to learn to just keep their asses in the kitchen and shut the hell up.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note zweiundneunzig:

~ PLEASE BE AWARE: the next chapter [19], titled "I kissed a boy and I liked it" has been locked and set to private bc TWATPAD has apparently decided it is just too damn risqué... *rolls eyes so hard they get stuck in the back of my skull AHHH I'M BLIND heLp* therefore, make sure you FOLLOW me on wattpad in order to see the next chapter. If you already do follow me and for some reason still can't see it, try and log out and then log back in to your account... or delete and then re-add the book to your library... or just wait for a bit and cross yo fingers that it will stop being a douche and let you read it bc we all love poRn... and i mean if u don't... then why r u here.

 p.s how did you like Jeff's POV? oh no... poor Maxine... and the worst part is, Channing has no idea that her mom was tricked into going back to Jeff &&& also... hmmm... was that a bit of foreshadowing on Niall's part? talking about "drastic measures"... hopefully Channing doesn't do it again or who knows what could come of it... *evil laughter* btw, what did you think of Lena? Hmm... should I keep her in this story? Who ships Hena? ;) STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE JARRY/LOUETTA SCENES. THIS IS MY STORY. I MAKE PLENTY OF CUTE CHIALLER MOMENTS SO QUIT YOUR BITCHIN. Oh... & THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE VERY IMPORTANT FOR ALL OF YOU JARRY/LOUETTA SHIPPERS BTW xD YOU'LL EITHER LOVE ME OR HATE ME (but if u hate me i'm gonna tell my mom and ur uninvited to my birthday party so keep that in mind)

Remember I'm not setting a vote/comment goal since I'm too fab 4 that lyfE... jk i'm just going to trust you guys will vote for me because you value our friendship *hands you a friendship bracelet* ;) and I'll update when I damn well feel like it <3 xoxo

Bye dirty mofos? pervy pandas? idfk but comment and vote and make me happy because tomorrow is the Kansas City concert and they'll be five hours away but I can't go and stalk them or anything so ima be hella depressed so pls light up my life without your beautiful comments of reassurance that someday Niall will run into me at Starbucks and impregnate me on the spot. thanks.

<3 Mandy 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Don't Speak By Stacey Shields

Mystery / Thriller

11.4K 103 6
The pain and pleasure he brings is more than the sharp edge of the razor blade could ever offer me. Sixteen year old Ella's life is falling apart. Af...
331K 16.1K 56
Book 3 of Afterlife series Safe. Lane is finally safe, home, and with Harry. It was everything both of them wanted. After a trying and difficult time...
3.6K 239 47
"Sometimes love can't be controlled, no matter how wrong it may be to others, you can't stop it, you can't just turn it off." I cry. My heart is brea...
6.9K 251 1
"I wish I could touch you..." Louis frowned looking at Harry's hand. "Me too..." Harry smiled sadly looking at Louis straight in the eyes. They staye...