Author Games: A Heroes' Charge

WriterGamesUnite tarafından

Years have passed without a pain. The gods have looked to have an endless reign. But now a new threat looms f... Daha Fazla

The Prophecy
Important Information
Gods and Goddesses
Character Form
Reservations (Now Open)
Meet & Greet: Artemis
Meet & Greet: Athena
Meet & Greet: Tyche
Female 1: Belladonna (Bella) Bram
Female 2: Adira Sullivan
Female 3: Saige Wilkinfyre
Female 4: Natalia Uralis
Female 5: Caroline Depths
Female 6: Keira
Female 7: Lynessa Harding
Female 8: Astrid Halo
Female 9: Melody McOwen
Female 10: Leda Katsaros
Female 11: Callista Green
Melissa Skye
Male 1: Fran Av Solen
Male 2: Taran
Male 3: Aidan Selltor
Male 4: Russell Lux Martinez
Male 5: Rechoe Murray
Male 6: Spiros Waltman
Male 7: Christopher (Kit) Hastings
Male 8: Lucas Gain
Male 9: Aeron Ciar
Male 10: Charlie Espinosa
Important: Please Read
A Note on Sponsorships
Task One: A Date with Destiny
Female Entries
Male Entries
Tribute Scores
Rankings
Task Two: Face to Face
An Announcement
Female Entries
Male Entries
Scores and Rankings
Sponsorships (Updated)
Task 3: Beastly Bystanders
[For all Followers]
Male Entries
The Fallen
Scores and Rankings
Task 4: Deadly Dreams
Female Entries
Male Entries
Scores and Rankings
Voting
The Fallen
Task 5: Darkness Descends
Kit Hastings and Astrid Halo
Callista Green and Adira Sullivan
Lynessa Harding and Aidan Selltor
Saige Wilkinfyre and Leda Katsaros
Spiros Waltman and Rechoe Murray
Fran Av Solen and Natalia Uralis
Scores And Rankings
Voting
The Fallen
Quarterfinals: Through Tartarus
Quarterfinal Entries
Scores and Rankings
Voting

Female Entries

67 8 0
WriterGamesUnite tarafından

Female 2: Adira Sullivan

Used automatic 12

Female 3: Saige Wilkinfyre

And they attacked. The beasts roared at us, harpies flapping their wings and the cyclops' single eye whirling around, finding its next target. Me.

I screamed as the giant creature- of which I would have thought was just a myth- came storming towards me, ready. And as it did so, I tried to remember what had gotten me into this situation.

***

Melody and I stood at the edge of the camp, staring around to see what was going on. I clutched her hand, squeezing tightly, remembering the dream that I had last night- no it wasn't a dream. So what exactly was it? I thought of my spontaneous meeting with my mother, whom I had only seen once or twice in my life. In my pocket, I could feel the coins that she had given me jingling around. Five coins. Five minutes of advice.

As I watched the quiet street, my thoughts wandered to why exactly was I hear. Why did I stand at the edge of the forest? Why did I feel so uneasy about this?

My heart gave a jump, hand reaching to the knife that was sheathed in my belt. A white van came rushing down the road, skidding to a stop in front of us. The vehicle looked suspicious, much like one that my father had told me to stay away from as a young girl. But soon after, a second car came speeding down, taking a halt behind the first.

I could feel my hand instinctively creeping toward the hilt of my dagger- which was almost always hanging from my belt loop- as the van doors slid open. But what came out was much to my- and apparently many others'- surprise.

The woman I had seen the previous night. She stepped out of the first car, her eye glinting as she caught a glance at me. I tried to press a smile back, but I could still feel the butterflies fluttering around in my stomach.

A younger woman appeared from the door of the second van. She looked about as young as Melody. Someone a few down from me breathed her name and I immediately recognized her; Artemis.

We all boarded the suspicious vans, some looking strong and others, like I, feeling weaker. And we were off.

***

A few hours later, we arrived in Charleston and the van pulled over to a famous fast food restaurant. The giant "M" shown boldly and I suddenly felt my stomach churning with hunger.

I was so relieved to finally get off the car that I staggered to the side, not very used to the ground after a long period of sitting. Melody jumped out beside me and followed me into the McDonald's. A few minutes the crowd of teens all flooded out of the restaurant holding a variety of milkshakes and Happy Meals.

Then, a sudden roar thundered from the road and I looked up, startled, from my vanilla milkshake, something Carter- no I couldn't mourn about him now. My hand immediately went to my belt, but I had soon realized that I had left my knife in the van. Panic started raising to my throat, heat filling my head. The butterflies that had been there before back at camp flutter back in as I saw them.

The distant rumbling came closer as many many monsters came running forward. I dropped the shake in my hand with shock as everyone else around me screamed. I saw the eyes of mortals in the restaurant stare out the window. For a brief moment, I wondered what they were seeing. But I knew it didn't matter right now. We were in danger.

I ran towards the van, trying to get others to follow me to safety, but most of them stood planted in their spots, Melody included.

"Melody!" I screamed and I screamed the names of my half sister, "Astrid!"

I wasn't amazingly close to Astrid, but she slept just a bit away from me, and we often exchanged words on a daily basis.

Melody's head whipped away from the monsters. "Saige!"

My heart thudded as I started to panic. Shit.

I jumped into the van and grabbed my sheathed dagger, which I took out of the cover, holding it out in front of me, then I grabbed Melody's weapon- a dagger like mine- and finally jumping back out the door. I threw Melody's sheathed dagger towards her and she caught it swiftly, unsheathing it.

Suddenly, everything was in place. Melody and I fighting back to back against the Harpies, their wings beating against the air. Their half human features were taunting, but we handled them well, nimbly.

As one Harpy swooped down to snatch my dagger out of my hand, I scratched at it with the blade, leaving Melody's back. In that single second that I left contact with her, she was gone.

The second I turn around, Melody is collapsed on the ground, a cut that was bleeding steadily under her lip, her breath wavering. Then, I notice everything else around me, the chaos- and of course I felt as if it was normal- but as soon as I realize that so called "normality" I notice the others, swords raised.

I turn to the left a bit to survey the rest of the action and I catch a glance of a manticore, baring its large teeth and bellowing in frustration, swinging it's beastly tail around. The spike at the end of the tail accidentally lodges itself into the back of a boy with light brown hair. I flinch at the sight of the end of the spike poking out the boy's stomach and turn away, facing Melody once more.

The sight brings slight tears to my eyes, making me shake. Her breathing becomes shallow and I clench my teeth, hoping she was okay.

"Melody," I whisper, shaking her arm slightly.

No answer, only a slight twitch.

"Melody..." I repeat her name, but once again I am met with silence, her eyes closed.

My voice becomes frantic as I start screaming her name.

With anger, I shoot to my feet, energy bubbling into my system. I was going to kill whatever did this to her.

But before I could do that, I see the harpies smirking as they swoop down for my dagger once more, this time successfully retrieving it and the cyclops, finished with a previous demigod, approach me with one grinning eye.

Before I know it, I feel a sharp pain in my head as I hit the ground with a thud, my arm trying to lessen the fall but only breaking under the pressure. And the world started fading into complete darkness. And in that moment of darkness before full unconsciousness, I knew, like someone had told me long before that death was inescapable and it would always come- just perhaps earlier than others.

Female 4: Natalia Uralis

No entry

Female 5: Caroline Depths

Strike 2, automatically eliminated

Female 7: Lynessa Harding

When I stare

At your face

I find peace

Deep inside

Something else lurks

Dark

Forboding

What if you leave

Like everyone else

Nowhere

Nothing

Doubt

Peace

Love

With a frustrated growl, I crumbled up the piece of paper I had written the horrible poem on, and threw it in my bag. The van jolted from a bump in the road, making me grab the top of my bag to keep the contents from falling out.

My fiancé, Aidan, sat right beside me. He stared off in the distance, looking out the window he sat beside. All night he had seemed a million miles away. "You're unusually quiet." I glanced at him, waiting for him to look over and meet my eyes.

He finally did, cracking his typical-half smirk. "I thought you were the bubbly one, Lyn."

I wracked my brain for a retort, when the van pulled into a McDonalds. Glancing out the window, I nearly jumped out of the seat. My bladder was so full I wasn't sure how much longer I would last.

"Hungry?" Aidan asked.

Hunger isn't exactly on my mind right now, but thanks for asking, I thought to herself sarcastically. At that exact moment, my stomach betrayed me and growled. Since I still couldn't think of a good retort, I simply waved around the credit card given to all of us by Athena.

The second that Aidan opened the door, I hopped out and raised an eyebrow at him and chuckled. "Since when did you turn into such a gentleman?"

Shooting me the most adorable glare, he kissed my cheek. "I can be a gentleman when I want to, fiancé." His voice was deep and husky. I wanted to groan, but kept myself from it.

As soon as we stepped inside, I rushed toward the restroom. "I'm going pee. Since you're being so gentlemanly today, you can get the food and pick out a table." Without a backwards glance, since I knew he would do what I wanted, I jogged to the ladies room. Fortunately, there was only one other woman in there, leaving one stall open for myself.

Her toiled flushed, but there was no sound of the door opening and no sound of the sink water. I wanted to ask if she was okay, but decided against it. Bathroom stall talking. Not exactly what people are comfortable with Lyn, I told myself.

As soon as I stepped out of the stall, preparing to wash my hands, the woman leaned against the wall, with her eyes on me. Now, I had gotten strange sensations before, but this had to be the worst. It was almost like when you walk into a group of people, and they all stay silent and instantly, you know that they've been talking about you.

Except, there was only her. And she was staring at me.

Suddenly, she hissed. Her eyes instantly became blood-red, her face wrinked and her skin became coal black as bats wings protruded from her back. She grabbed a whip in her hand out of seemingly nowhere.

I barely had enough time to bend backwards, just before she snapped it at my face. Closing my eyes, I breathed deep, and called energy to my body. It always felt like heat in the pit of my stomach, so all I had to do was force it up my airways and push it out of my body.

Just as I had imagined, fireballs appeared in both my hands. I shot them both at her, but she screeched, making me wince, and flew as high as the ceiling would allow.

"What's going...?" someone started.

I had just enough time to turn and see Leda Katsaros walk through the door. "Don't—" My warning was in vein. She didn't see the fury flick her whip at her. The leather end wrapped around her neck like a claw, choking her.

Pushing the heat further into my hands, I made the fire balls larger and launched them at the fury. One seared her back, and she howled, but flew through the door, dragging Leda with her.

"Crap," I muttered, running out the door after her. Off to the side, another fury was standing over a body of someone I couldn't see. Manipulating the fire into tendrils, I wrapped them around the fury, trapping it like a piece of rope. The body was Charlie Espinosa, but I forced my thoughts to stay focused on the fight. I held the fire on the creature as it burned. As soon as it was dead, I searched around for the first one.

It was too late.

Leda's body was on the floor, blood pooling on it staining it crimson, instead of tan. The fury cocked its head and flew toward me, just as another banked, coming toward me from the right. I grabbed fireballs, launching them one after another at both of them, but they were soon joined by a third. "Aidan!" I shouted, hoping wherever he was he heard me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him fighting something behind the main counter, but I didn't have time to look beyond that.

There was a loud roar, but I paid no attention to it. The furies were surrounding me, and I had to do something or they would kill me. Instantly, an idea came to me. I wrapped the fire around me like a shield, making sure it covered every inch of me. The first fury slammed into it with a screech. Her body flailed randomly in the air as it burned to death. The horrid stench of rotting flesh burning made me cringe.

The last two furies both slowed their attack, as if trying to figure out how to attack me without burning. I used the opportunity to expel the fire away from me in the form of shards, shooting at them as quickly as I could. The first was pierced by several, which immediately starting burning it to ash.

The second flew higher in the air, dodging the shards. To my right, I saw Aidan jogging over. With a grunt, I shot fire out toward the final fury in a tidal wave. As it collapsed and burned, I turned toward him. "You okay?" I asked worriedly. One of his eyes was closed, but there didn't seem to be any bruises or cuts around it.

"Yeah. You?" he nodded at me.

I quickly looked down at herself, assessing my injuries. Fortunately, there were none. "We should probably get out of here before more—"

Interrupting me was a thundering echo, making me jump. The entire right wall crumbled to pieces, and dust and debris rained down everywhere. I released the fire wall around me, bringing up my arms to try to protect my eyes from all the dust. "What the...?" I started, but when my eyes rested on the sight before me, I couldn't finish.

I had heard the tales, but seeing it face-to-face was an entire matter altogether. Its skin was gray, muscles gaping and bulking in every direction. Since I'm short, it towered over me like a skyscraper, one that had a huge, blinking eye smack in the middle of its head.

"Cyclopes. Great," Aidan muttered sarcastically. "What's next?"

I really wished I could have smacked him. "Don't say..."

For the third time, just as I was about to say something, I was interrupted. Tiny things scurried from behind us, chattering. It was an entire group of kobaloi, kind of reminding me of creepy little Yodas. Okay, seriously. You can't make movie references when you're in the middle of a fight, I told myself.

It was that moment, I realized that it was all Aidan's fault for jinxing us."You just had to say something, didn't you, Aidan?" I yelled at him.

He only shot me a sheepish look and shrugged his shoulders right before he darted at the cyclopes like a crazed manic with a wicked grin on his face. He loves this a little too much, I thought.

But in that moment, as he took on the cyclopes and I used fire to battle the kobolai, I realized I was happy.

It was a much better date than sitting in the restaurant eating dinner. Well, just as long as we weren't the dinner.

Female 8: Astrid Halo

(Used automatic 12)

Astrid had never learned to drive. By the time she was old enough she was learning more critical skills, like how to survive a night in monster infested forests. She had however been in her fair share of car rides, when Lady Artemis needed to drive them somewhere to far to walk. That, that was a nightmare, so when she found that she got to choose which car she wanted to ride in, she was quick to sit in Athena's van. Looking at it from a logical view it also didn't make sense to her to get in the car when the person driving looked too young to drive. The next couple hours that passed by reassured the fact that sometimes actions shouldn't be based on purely logic, because as it had turned out, her mother couldn't drive, she could've perhaps even been worse. Astrid may have never learned how to drive, but she knew if she wanted to, she definitely wasn't going to her mother for help.

To the relief of her and probably all the other campers they stopped at a McDonalds to get food. Not to the relief of everyone, the McDonald's was probably the most disgusting thing they had ever seen and Astrid had seen plenty of nasty things in her time. She had been sitting next to a boy -Kit, she remembered was his name - for the ride, and aside the fact that he was a boy she perhaps felt most comfortable around him, since he seemed to be just as isolated from the group as her. Afterall everyone around her knew each other so she couldn't talk to them naturally and he seemed to keep to himself by choice. When they stopped he took one quick glance out the van's window and frowned before exiting.

It was then that she got a good look of the place. She had already stepped into a reciept stuck to the ground by gum, and she could tell just by the presentation that if she were to grab anything or put her hand out anywhere it come back grey and covered in grime. The sky was smoggy and somber and she couldn't see the stars through the pollution. Astrid looked at the clouds and put her hood up knowing it would rain.

The rain turned out to be a good thing as well, because in around an hours time she needed it to wash the blood off her hands. A fight with monsters had already occurred and she lost a comrade - a girl - even though she had volunteered in the first place to save the others. For the first time in a while her hands shook so much, and the blood was so slick on her fingers that she couldn't turn the faucet of the bathroom sink on, but the rain washed away the blood so quickly it was like it had never even been there. Astrid prefered this because if there was no evidence of a person left, she found they were easier to forget.

Female 9: Melody McOwen

Strike 2, automatically eliminated

Female 10: Leda Katsaros

"But where do you think the most legitimate and real threat lives?" Chiron asks us.

I didn't really feel like answering. Maybe it was my fear of the other older demigods. Maybe I just didn't want to be wrong. It was stupid really, but finally, and thankfully, a boy raises his hand by the back and suggests Hades.

Chiron goes on about some more obvious answers. I didn't want to be mad at the old, good-hearted centaur, but I found the simple questions somewhat aggravating.

"...When you arrive, there will be many obstacles in your path. Send an Iris message before entering as the perils you will encounter will require assistance, more than I can give you. Good luck!"

As always, I did not feel satisfied in that note.

Along with the other tributes, I followed them them to the outskirts of the camp. As I looked back, it hit me with a pang. We were really leaving. The last place where I actually had a home. Would I ever come back?

I trail back from the rest of the group and I look back. I glance up at the perfect, blue sky and it makes me quiver. No matter what happens, life will go on, and hopefully everything will go on well. I absentmindedly rub the necklace hanging on my neck, and when I notice that I do, I almost whip my hand back. I want to believe that my father is behind me, and I'm almost, just almost!, convinced except for the fact that according to the stories, he has a tendency to not listen to rules. But in all hopes, I have to believe.

I look at the camp from the top of the hill, everything so peaceful, activities going on as usual. It doesn't seem like anything big is going to happen.

I know for sure whenever it is, I will protect this home front and by volunteering I was doing the right thing.

Good-bye, my last home. The last frontier.

***

Two large vans stand outside of the camp, which makes me frown. It was the strange vans people don't really use...Were those the strawberry trucks? By all means, I'll be feasting.

When I come up closer, I notice who the drivers are, one looking like she is fourteen, and the other looking very wise. Who are they? Looking at the faces of the other campers and some of their whispers, I realize that they aren't just any two females. They are two goddesses--Artemis and Athena.

I wasn't sure if I was supposed to feel secure or not. They were either here for two reasons--either to guide us or to protect us because they foresaw plenty of evil croonies coming our way. Nice.

But I wasn't going to be unthankful. I was really glad that they decided to help us, and most of all, I was glad it wasn't those three sisters fighting for the eyeball that were driving us.

"Split up?" Someone suggests.

And so we do since we have nothing better to come up with. I wasn't sure where to follow to though. It seemed as if it were some favoritism game, and if you chose one side, the other side is your enemy. I simply waited it out and saw which one had less people. Then I felt very stupid when I realized Artemis was kicking out all of the guys. Go figure, Leda.

I cram in with the rest of the girls, and squeeze in next to Saige Wilkinfyre. All of the girls make me feel intimidated as practically all of the are older and taller, and many lovely, popular and likable in their own ways. Saige, who couldn't be more than thirteen was younger and short but from what I heard, she is wicked smart. I am a child of Zeus...but what else? I'm not charming, not any-what attractive, I'm not all-too-knowledgable. I was medium-height, good old Leda that no one paid attention to. I wasn't anything like my half-sister at all in that case.

The van starts to lurch forward. I hear someone murmur, "Yep, yep, we're off."

I notice that some of them have some sort of tokens peeking out as jewelry or an item. I suddenly feel self-conscious and tuck my necklace behind my shirt. By all means, I didn't want to be bold or to stand out. None of my thoughts ever seem to make sense, but it was a part of me to confuse myself.

After fifteen minutes of staring around, I notice that Saige takes out a small book; like a ridiculously minuscule book. A pocketbook. You see, I have a complete interest when it comes to books. Before everything in my life became hectic, I loved reading. I just haven't settled to a book since then, but I have a complete passion for books.

"What are you reading?" I ask, cautiously and casually at the same time.

She looks so absorbed in the book that I was afraid that I was going to be shut out in some way. Thankfully though, she didn't leave me hanging. "The Book Thief," she answers quietly.

"Oh yeah!" I exclaim, getting excited. "I've read that before, a few years back! Wasn't there a chapter called 'Death and Chocolates?' Shoot...now how old was Liesel in the beginning? Ten?"

We had a pretty interesting conversation. From what I thought though, it seemed as though Saige had memorized the whole entire book.

After book talks, sleeping and eating some chips, someone had to go to the bathroom, and the two vans pulled over.

We left all of our weapons in the van, because we definitely didn't want to be scaring any mortals anytime soon. Athena had lent us her platinum card that one of her daughters was in charge with. So you have one card...could you divide it so we each had one?

There's about twenty people in there. I stand, squinting at the menu from the back. Parfait or McNuggets? How about a Shake? They all seemed like pretty decent options.

Something seems wrong. Everything becomes suddenly eerie and still. Then, very slowly, heads turn at me.

How could I be so stupid?

When I saw the monster, my heart nearly leapt out of my soul. The throb was so large that I was literally counting to three and waiting for my death. The pounding was so severe that I wanted to cry and lunge out at the same time. It was an odd feeling, but it felt so powerful, so rational that I was on the verge of doing it.

The Mist had changed my perception. And of course, they had to be cyclops. And the ringleader was...

"Leda Katsaros," the cyclops says raspily. "You dare live on."

A couple of the campers crane their necks towards me. Those who are too scared do not dare to move. I stand still, shocked.

"You..." The tears begin to swell up. My voice quivers. "You were the one that night..."

His one eye blinks slowly. "Of course you remember me. And now you must face my kin."

"You..." I couldn't find the words to say.

"You are a mistake Leda, someone who should not be born. Children of Zeus deserve to die."

From what I remembered from that night, they were he children of Poseidon that hated their cousins, children of Zeus. They despited us. But that didn't mean they had the right to do anything they wanted to abdicate me.

"You killed my mother," I say strongly, clenching my fists. "And you will pay for this."

"Uh, Leda," says my half-sister Caroline. "We left our weapons--"

"You have declared war," the cyclops decided. "CHARGE!!!"

It was not at all a lovely sight. Fortunately though, my demigod comrades reacted quickly.

Aeron Ciar grabbed a tray and whipped it straight at a cyclops' face. Saige ran around, probably looking for Athena and Artemis. Callisto Green threw a hot coffee on another. Adia Sullivan went hard core on beating them up. I could've sworn I saw Lucas Gain turn on the McFlurry machine and start pouring it into a bucket to throw at them later. Or maybe he was hungry.

I finally came back to my senses. This wasn't anything, this was a chance to avenge my mother. My mother, who died protecting me. Who wanted me to live a normal life.

A strange power seemed to possess me. I was ready to take them down.

I grabbed a water bottle standing nearby and hurled it at the master cyclops who killed my mother. That definitely caught his attention. The mortals had left, and there were some items left behind.

"Go, go, go!" One of the demigods shouts, throwing some pocket change into their eyes.

The cyclops started charging at me. Of course that was when I realized I didn't have anything with me.

I started running and jumping on a few tables, nearly tripping on a few. I could run fast, but this game wouldn't stay forever.

Thinking about Lucas Gain, I suddenly had a good idea.

I jumped over the counter, the cyclops running after me with a jumbo sword that was way too pointy. The cyclops I hope would take longer to jump over.

"Aagh!" Someone yells out in pain. I turn to see Caroline falling over, a patch of blood on her...

I want to scream but I can't find the words. The blood is blooming... Caroline is like a sister to me. I start to turn back but then I remember I have a cyclops on my heels. Melissa Skye is running towards Caroline but gets whacked...

I grab a Happy Meal box and in all desperation, I dip it into the hot oil and throw out just as an arrow comes sizzling at me.

I'm sorry Mom. And I'm sorry to you, Dad as well.

And all turns dark.

Female 11: Callista Green

Artemis, Callista decided, was a great huntress, but a terrible driver. If there was a pothole in the road, then Artemis would drive straight into it, and if there was a turn then she'd turn at the last second, providing a sickening feeling of 'Oh my God we're going to crash.' Callista shifted in her seat, holding onto the seat of the van she was in for dear life.

A few seats behind her, one of the other demigods started complaining they needed to use the bathroom, their voice a light green shade, tinged an ugly yellow. Callista had never liked those kinds of voices, but now she was grateful for it. Artemis finally agreed to pull over at a McDonalds so they could rest and eat briefly.

"Thank Zeus," Callista muttered when Artemis stopped the van. She shuffled off the van quickly, leaving her bag behind. Upon opening the door to the restaurant the smell of greasy food and french fries permeated the air. An oddly colored yellow din of chatter followed, and Callista frowned. Very rarely did so many people have the same color voice. The feeling that something was wrong hung at the back of her mind, and Callista stared more carefully at the other people in the restaurant. She frowned; they looked like perfectly normal mortals.

Shaking her head, she got into the line, waiting her turn to order something. As she waited, the the uneasy feeling expanded and Callista turned to look back at the mortal. As one, they all turned to look back at her, their heads turning 360 degrees. The sight made Callista's spine go cold.

She watched with a horrified fascination as what she had previously assumed to be normal mortals changed, their bodies rippling to form a multitude of completely different creatures. Arms transformed into leathery, bat-like wings, fingers into sharp tipped claws. Eyes of all different colors turned blood red, glowing eerily while whips appeared in their hands. Others grew wings attached to their arms, their hair turning to feathers that covered their entire bodies. Harpies.

"Gods, what are harpies and Furies doing here?" Callista breathed in disbelief.

Then they attacked. Loud, blood red shrieks filled the restaurant as each monster headed in different directions, each heading for a different demigod. Directly ahead of her, a Fury dived straight towards her head, cackling loudly. Instinctively, Callista ducked and rolled out of the way, avoiding the Fury's claws. All around, she could see the other demigods fighting desperately with whatever they could find.

I need my daggers, she thought to herself. Her magic would need to be saved as a last resort here. Moving swiftly she weaved through the chaos around her until she got to the vans, where Artemis was sitting, her entire body tense, bow and arrows ready to fire. But she didn't move, simply sat in place.

Briefly, Callista wondered why she wasn't helping before she remembered that gods were not allowed to interfere. She cursed the law as she ran past Artemis, grabbing her daggers before running back inside the restaurant.

Mere seconds after she re-entered the building, one of the harpies let out a horrifying cackle before flying straight towards her. Callista resisted the urge to duck, instead bringing up her dagger and slashing at the harpy's wing. The blade connected solidly, and dark red blood dripped from her dagger. Taking her chance, she went on the offensive and stabbed once more at the harpy. The harpy tried to fly away, but its injury prevented it. Callista quickly slashed at it until the monster fell to the floor.

Screams and grunts of pain filled the air, and she looked around to see that the other demigods had managed to take care of most of the monsters, and only a small number remained. Her eyes darted around the restaurant rapidly, landing on a small blonde girl she recognized as Saige, one of the Athena kids. Saige had a small dagger held in her hand, but her glasses were gone, and her movements were too slow to do anything. Callista ran over to where the young girl was at the same time a Fury caught sight of them.

"Saige, look up," Callista shouted. Moving quickly, she ran to intercept the Fury's path to the young girl. The sound of a whip cracked through the air, an ugly brown noise, and Callista saw the whip coming towards her too late. She tried to dodge it, but the whip grazed her arm and fiery pain lanced up her side. She tumbled to the floor, knocking Saige to the side as she landed.

Muttering a hurried apology, Callista began to chant in Ancient Greek quietly. Her heart pounded in her chest, fear coiling inside her ribs as she chanted. She watched with a grim sort of satisfaction as the Fury's whip slowly bent and turned on its owner, wrapping around the Fury's throat. Callista tightened the whip around its throat, choking it until it fell to the ground, dead. Pushing herself off the floor, Callista offered her hand to Saige, pulling her up.

Glancing around, she said "I think that's the last one."

Around her, the other demigods were collecting themselves, checking over their wounds. Callista let out a sigh of relief. The monsters were gone. For now.

Female 12: Melissa Skye

So yes, where was I? We (the volunteers) were led to the outskirts of the camp by Chiron where we received info about where we should start, which was Hades' palace in the underworld, below the Hollywood sign. Now who wouldn't want to go to a place full of creepy souls and all sorts of monsters? I totally would. (See the sarcasm?)

Anyway, then Chiron led us to white vans, exactly like the ones stalkers used, outside. The drivers were not stalkers though. They were, to my and the other's shock, Lady Artemis and Lady Athena.

The demigods piled into the vans, with I choosing to go in the one with Lady Artemis.

The journey went amazingly well, till we reached Charleston in West Virginia. Someone asked Lady Artemis to stop the van for using the bathroom.

They, very reluctantly did so, and we stopped near a McDonalds.

It was still kind of full. I chose to go last in the line. As I waited for my turn I chatted with the person ahead of me who was a child of Athena. It seems that she wanted to impress her mom. That's great in my opinion. And I also think that I need to impress my father too, now that we are officially on the quest.

When I finally reach the front of the line and take out Lady Athena's platinum card, everyone turns to look at me. And I mean everyone.

Even the cashier in front of me. I turned back to see everyone standing.

"Umm..why are you staring at me?"

The people didn't reply. Instead they slowly morphed into....Harpies!

Heck! I don't have my weapons. And everyone has already left.

The harpies started to fly towards me and then, I grabbed a fork and started to wave it around like I was crazy.

The harpies screeched and the noise must have attracted the other demigods, because the next moment they burst into the restaurant and started fighting. Someone threw me my necklace and I pulled out Aoratos and started fighting.

After what seemed like years we killed all the harpies and stopped fighting. Just then Lady Artemis and Lady Athena came in. "This is not good. So early and the monsters have started attacking." Lady Athena said, looking at our tired faces and the feathers of the harpies.

"We need to leave, NOW."

l

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

100K 4.9K 63
Chissà perché ci era stato insegnato che i simili erano soliti respingersi, che due menti e due caratteri fin troppo uguali non erano fatti per stare...
84.4K 3.8K 46
Where... Camilla Leclerc e Lando Norris scoprono cosa c'è oltre la linea sottile che divide il punzecchiarsi e l'amore. Non possono o meglio non vogl...
63.7K 3.4K 44
"E poi, c'hai quel taglietto sul ginocchio che ti sanguina sempre un po', come a ricordarti che in monopattino quando sei in ritardo non ci sai andar...
50.8K 2K 31
Where... Blanca e Matias hanno un trascorso insieme. Tre anni non possono essere cancellati nel nulla, eppure loro sembrano capaci di farlo. Una vaca...