Dark Times

By musicnotes

[complete]When agent Katerina Wild is hired to kill the most vicious criminal of the time, she meets the noto... More

Character Aesthetics
I: Angioletto
II: Cretino
IV: Birds
V: Chamber
VI: Hand, Head, Heart
VII: Stuck
VIII: Scissors
IX: Eloise
X: Fuckarella
XI: Hallucinate
XII: Kiss with a Fist
XIII: Stockholm
XIV: Red Light
XV: The Orphanage
XVI: Forest
XVII: Unspoken
XVIII: Papá
XIX: Niall
XIX(ii): Heat
XX: Noon
XXI: Two Ghosts
XXII: Stella
XXIII: Dinner
XXIV: Wonderland
XXV: Walk Alone
XXVI: Ready
XXVII: Gasoline
XXVIII: Arrival
XXIX: Arthur
XXX: Katerina
XXXI: Nervous
XXXII: Amore
XXXIII: Before the Storm
XXXIV: Sì, Yes
XXXV: Silence
XXXVI: Crash
XXXVII: Control
Epilogue: Bright Times

III: Trapped

12.1K 485 131
By musicnotes

Dark Times

Chapter Three

Song: Prélude No. 4 in E Minor, Op. 28 - Frédéric Chopin

Katerina L. Wild

THERE WERE TIMES IN WHICH I wished I hadn't drank so much. Actually, there were a lot of those, almost every weekend, after ending someone's life I usually dealt with the guilt by chugging down every ounce of alcohol in my way - knowing well that the next day I'd be close to dying in bed, and being totally okay with it, but today, it was something out of this world.

I usually never remembered what I did the night before or how it ended up, but I could somehow recall every detail of last night.

The drinking, the drug, his hands... On me..

That son of a fück

My eyes opened slowly, cringing at the light but adjusting quickly. I stayed in place. I couldn't move, well, I physically could, but my head hurt so much I was afraid if I attempted to move I would pass out.

Without moving my eyes looked around, the white ceiling and the table right next to the bed I lay. That was all I could see. I hesitantly began to move, so that I could see the room better, and on the table there was a tall glass of water.

I sighed in relief. I had to stand up eventually, right?

I slowly lifted myself up, wincing every time my head would ache, until I was in a slightly sitting position, and I could freely look around the gigantic room I was in. The walls were decorated in a rich royal blue, the contrasting white curtains covering the a gigantic window. In front of it was a desk, sheet of paper already in place and waiting for someone to use it.

I sighed and looked back at the table, and noticed that next to the glass of water there was a bottle of pills. I waisted not time to grab the pills and take out four, my hands found the water in a matter of seconds and I drowned in all of it before looking around again. Checking if anyone was here at all.

Every inch of my body ached for me to lay back on the comfortable pillows and fall asleep again, but although my captor had shown me some kindness by giving me the painkillers, I was still kidnapped.

And I had to find a way out.

I lifted the sheets of my body and my feet touched the floor. That's when I noticed I was in a cream colored sleeping dress and groaned.

If that bastard undressed me I swear to God.

The first thing I did was look out the window, to try and see how high the fall would be, but my eyes travelled to the endless amount of nails covering it. I'd need some tools to get it open.

I looked around the room again; there was no other way out... Except... Of course, the door.

But I didn't know what was out there, what if I get shot on spot or even worse he was there. Ugh.

I had no choice now. I walked towards the door, first checking to see if it was locked, which it wasn't, and then opening It just a crack to look out.

There were no scary men, just a hall. A long hall.

I stepped out, ready for battle in case he tried something funny and walked forward in the hallway, which was covered in various paintings. The walls were all still Royal blue. And then I came to the stairs.

There were two, and in the middle of the living room, there hung the most beautiful chandelier I had seen in my life. It was huge, and covered in crystals that reflected the blue on the walls and the white on the ceiling.

But even though everything was beautiful, it seemed like a ghost town. There was no-

And then I heard him.

"Is she awake yet?" I heard him ask below, and the sound of footsteps walking back and forth.

"I'll go check." A female voice replied. Was that his wife? Girlfriend? Abigail?

For someone who is probably taken, he's pretty intense with women.

When she said those words, I saw them both walk into the room below, where I could see them. He was wearing a black tux, and his hands were in his pocket.

The woman had on a dark red shirt and a black pencil skirt.

I watched as she began to turn and noticed me lurking above. "Sir." She said, and Harry turned towards her.

He noticed her expression and followed what she so interestingly looked at. And then our eyes met. He looked kind of in a trance for a few seconds, before a grin caressed his skin.

"Angioletto." He called, walking towards the stairs, I took a step back.

He took long strides up and I held my breath. He was probably gonna kill me now. I worriedly turned back and ran the same way I had come from.

"What are you doing?" He said from behind me, and I entered back into the trap I was in, but before I closed the door he pushed it back.

"Get the hell away from me you! You kidnapper! Sicko! You drugged my drink you ässwipe!" I walked backward, only stopping when my back touched the bed.

"Would you have come willingly?" He asked, staying where he was.

I shook my head, wasn't it obvious. "God what the hell do you want from me?"

He laughed, the sound vibrating on the walls of the room, "I want a lot of things from you."

So not just to kill me. Great. Torture always comes first. "Just kill me and get over It." My voice shook, I was afraid, and once again he laughed.

"Aren't you hungry? Let's go eat." He ignored my question, and reached for my hand but I pulled back. Could he not see I was terrified.

His grin dropped and he looked at me seriously, for the first time since the last time I saw him I took in his full appearance. He was so attractive. "Angioletto, I'm not going to kill you, why would you think so?"

I looked around, trying to find an escape even though I knew there was none. Well, I've got no choice but to kick the hell out of him.

"Listen, just tell me what you want, I'll try to get it and just let me go alright?" Negotiate. Yes. That works sometimes, right?

He looked amused, and raised an eyebrow before nodding. "Alright, I'll tell you what I want while we have breakfast? How does that sound?"

I was losing patience here. I needed to go home. "Or how about I beat the shît out of you like I did last time and find a way out."

That one amused him even more.

He held the door open, "two problems, sweetheart, if I recall clearly, you got your sweet äss beat too, and all my doors are guarded. You can't leave without me."

That's it, I was going to explode. Ugh. "Fine."

"Good, well now, go change and I'll meet you downstairs." He wickedly smiled, and sent me a small wink before closing the door. Fücker. I wanted to scream. And what the hell was I supposed to change into? The curtains? Did I look like a fücking magician?

Where the hell were my clothes?

I looked around the room to see if I could find what I had been previously wearing but nothing. Instead I found myself opening the door to the biggest inside closet I had ever been in. Witch selections organized by kind and color it was heaven.

But I was too pissed to enjoy it. I just grabbed the first thing I found which was a black mid thigh length skirt and a grey sleeveless turtle neck. I tried to find for anything but heels and ended with knee high black boots.

And then I entered the gorgeous bathroom, immediately looking at myself in the mirror. I was disgusting, absolutely horrid, my lips were dry and my skin felt dirty. I immediately stripped off the sleeping wear and showered.

Thank god the water and the pills were enough to take the headache away.

After changing, finding some lip gloss in one of the bags in the bathroom, and attempting to dry my hair - which ended up semi wet anyway, I followed the way I had been through to the downstairs area.

Except now, there were more people, well, only a few men dressed in suits walking around. I travelled down the stairs slowly and carefully, looking around at the gorgeously decorated room.

There was another hall down stairs, and I followed it, in search of a dining room or a kitchen.

And when I finally did see something, I was very surprised,

In an almost cleared up room, a study, I guess, sat Styles in a chair behind a desk, and a woman straddled his lap while they clearly enjoyed the feel of each other's tongues down their throats.

I nearly jumped. "Cazzo!"

And then two pairs of eyes turned to look at me.

a/n:

And it continues.

So I was thinking about updating more or, as much as I can but chapters that surround this length.

All I ask is for you guys to keep sharing and commenting and voting please please!

Goal for the chapter: 300 reads, 50 votes, 25 comments.

Overall: 1.6K reads

What did you think of the chapter?

Any suggestions as to what Harry wants from Kat?

Ending? Do I you think Kat is jealous already?

What do you expect to happen?

Do you live where the blizzard is now occurring? Because I do! It's snowing like crazy right now.

Anyway guys, have a nice day! Snow or no snow.

Delilah xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283K 6.9K 66
(Completed!) I swore I saw him, standing there in the darkness. But it couldn't be him, he was gone. He was dead and he had been for a year now. ...
45.3K 3.1K 55
When we say "Manan", we see stars,fireflies,friendship,anger, possessiveness,betrayal,misunderstandings BUT most of all LOVE. In this story we will d...
516K 14.8K 53
what happened when the biggest mafia in the world hid his real identity and married an innocent, sweet girl?
1.8M 62.3K 38
*Completed February 20th, 2015* All of a sudden, the pain starts. I mentally curse, feeling like an idiot for letting my guard down. I wish Nick didn...