Tore

By luxezone4

So we meet again ? Your closets are overflowing , mine are opening back up. We're both tore up thinking about... More

prelude | the breakdown
one | not today
two | on my way
three |upscale
four | you
five | love me, hate me
six | arise
eight | go figure
nine | high off you
ten | be eazy.
eleven | thinkin' bout you
twelve | optimal
thirteen | put it on the floor
fourteen | another heartbreak.
fifteen | long as you know
sixteen | remember me
seventeen | pressure
eighteen | white roses
nineteen | l u c k y
twenty | song for u
twenty-one | granted
twenty-two | don dada
twenty-three | surrender
twenty-four | sum real
twenty-five | urgency
twenty-six | true
twenty-seven | daddy's home

seven | party's over.

354 13 0
By luxezone4

Tread carefully.
--
Leigh

The ride home was dreadfully slow, boring, and quiet. He sat across from me not denying any eye contact.

"There's a Gala tonight, I want you to accompany me."

I looked at him like he was crazy. After today's verbal lashing, he wants me to do something for him? He's lucky I'm not some crazed murderer who seeks revenge!

"No, thank you. I have plans."  I said bitterly. I'd rather be with LeSane any day then with a man who basically called me worthless.

"With UPS?" He laughed. 

Like what's wrong with working for UPS?

"Yes, especially since Krissy agreed to watch Noa. And his name is LeSane and yes as a matter of fact." I corrected him stiffly and swiftly, I'm tired of him disrespecting people as if he's never been poor.

"Cancel 'em. I need a plus one." He demanded.

"Go with Tori." I countered.

"No."

"Then go alone." I shrugged and continued to text LeSane on my phone.

Next thing I know, my phone is snatched out of my hand and swiftly thrown out of the window.

"KAINE!"

He's lucky that he bought me more than one phone.

"You're coming with me tonight and that's final."
..
Kaine

I watched her stomp up the stairs.

I didn't give a fuck.

UPS is jut a distraction.

She needs to focus on the tasks presented to her.

"Be ready in one hour!"  I yelled,

"Shut the fuck up!"

I just laughed, I listened to her conversation,

"Hey, yea the warden has me on lockdown..hold on let me put you speaker."

"Leigh why don't you just leave that nigga where he at? You can stay with me, I have an extra room. How long you gon be out?"

"We're going to a Gala, apparently I'm supposed to accompany him."

"Damn, that's fucked up. See me after?"

"You got it..see you later LeSane. I'm so sorry, I feel so shitty."

"It's okay, it's your job. Just don't stand me up. And as long as your boundaries are respected, I'm happy, because I can't have my girl going out sad."

"Your girl?"

"Yea. You my girl."

"I like that."

I decided to have my own fun.

"Leigh, babygirl.." I said as I knocked softly.

"LeSane, one sec."

She opened the door and looked up immediately.

"I apologize for my actions, but I would really like you to accompany me. Please don't deny me."

She side eyed me, nodding slowly, closing the door.
..
Leigh

Relentless ass niggas.

I grabbed the black and white dress out of his hands before shutting the door, "Thanks."

Once we were both dressed, we headed to the Gala, it was all the way  in the hills.

"Who am I to you?"

"My assistant.."

"It won't be weird if.."

"It's nobodies business. You're on my arm. Not theirs."
..

We entered the venue, cameras were flashing, and I couldn't hear a thing. It was all a blur until we were seated at the table.

"Kaine, I don't know if I can do this."

Google, Apple, BuzzFeed, Source, Cocoa Butter, and Microsoft were in the building, I could faint.

"Leigh, just sit here and be quiet for now, I have to handle business, and then we can go. Getchu some champagne and relax."
..
Kaine

I walked away, going to find Nico. He's been harassing my employees, me, and my niggas. He needs to be stopped.

I mingled for about thirty minutes before spotting him.

"My son.."

"I ain't ya son.,"

"I raised you and all them other young niggas like it..so respect me. Son."

"What do you want from me, man? You calling my office, harassing my employees and partners, stealing my employees and business. I still don't know what you want from me. We're not making a deal."

"You know what I want. I want my cut nigga. And I want that algorithm."

"I sent you your cut almost a decade ago and I told you that the algorithm was destroyed because you made it too hot and the feds started to circle in on us, not you! Us! We was kids, man. Set that shit on fire. Long gone."

"So, how's your operation running?"

"I'm legit. I have no op running. And I know how to run a business."

"I see you walked in here with a thick, light skin pretty, broad."

"And?"

"Your girl? Did me proud."

"What about it nigga?"

"I'm just saying..."

"You threatening me?"

"I'm saying that I need 2.5 million. You better round up them niggas up y'all got a month."
..
Leigh

I watched as Kaine was having a heated conversation, I couldn't do much because the champagne had been too strong. I could barely stand.

"Leigh, let's go."

"Coming Papa.."

"LC? You drunk?"

I nodded, I felt my body lift,

"I'm out man, gotta get her home."

"C'mon girl.."
..
I felt so nauseous as the car hit a plentiful amount of potholes.

"Kaine.."

I scooted to him, "I've always loved you..you know that? I'm glad that we—

Before I know it I threw up in his lap.

"I'm so—so sorry."

"It's okay LC, let's get you to bed."
..
Kaine

Her phone was constantly buzzing. I already knew who it was and I wanted to answer, if it beeped or buzzed one more time.

I quickly took off my dirty clothes, only clad in my underwear. I threw on a quick, old pair of sweatpants.

"C'mon Leigh.." I lifted her body with ease, running her shower.

"Leigh I'm gonna need you to take your clothes off. You have throw up in your hair and on your clothes."

She drunkenly slid the dress off, then her underwear. The man in me was enamored by her shapely figure but the boss in me, decided to disregard that, and get her into the shower quickly.

I entrusted her with washing herself, I was only here for her safety.

"I'm doneeee.."

"Okay, c'mere."

I wrapped the towel around her.

"Leigh go dry off, I'm gonna go take a shower."

"Okay Papa..."

I don't know where this is even coming from.
..
I showered, threw on some more sweats, and went to go check on Leigh.

She was still naked.

I went into her drawer and threw her an oversized tee of mine.

Her phone buzzed once more, I finally answered, it was a FaceTime.

"Get dressed. She busy UPS. She'll call you later."

Click, delete.

"No, I feel free."

I watched mannishly, as everything bounced up and down,

"Aight, Leigh c'mere. Arms up."

I put the tee on her and she tackled me, landing on the bed on top of me.

"I could fall asleep like this.."

"Please don't.." I grunted.

Next thing I know, she's snoring, I had no choice but to stay.
..
Leigh, Next morning

I was so comfortable, although my head was banging, I was sinking into the bed.

I felt a strong presence or two.

I looked down, a strong, veiny hand was around my waist. I smelled a smell that was familiar, a musky but pleasant vanilla scent.

I know this hand doesn't belong to who I think.

I trailed the arm with my nail, to my surprise,
Kaine Cole was in my bed.

"KAINE."

He woke up quickly, "Yo! You good?"

"We didn't? Right?"

"We didn't, what?"

I side eyed him menacingly, he laughed.

"Fuck no. You trust fell on me and I was stuck. Every-time I thought about leaving, you pulled me back."

"How much did I drink?" I changed the subject as if that didn't sting.

He shrugged.

"Ugh, this is so unprofessional. I'm so sorry..just get out."

He obliged.

I quickly found my phone to call LeSane, it went straight to voicemail. That's odd, he usually answers on the second ring.
..
Kaine

I could hear her calling him. Maybe I should not have been so petty, but I don't like him.

He's sketchy, I know it.

Thankfully, today is an opportunity for us to work from home, therefore he wouldn't a factor.

I bathed again, got dressed, and we started our day together, peacefully.

Leigh made breakfast; eggs, smoked sausage, bacon, Belgian waffles, potatoes and fruit. She was in a good mood.

"Hey, I'm gonna go for a run after breakfast since you don't have anything until two today."

"Fine with me." I smiled.
..
I watched as she ran out the door and continued about my day.
..
Leigh

LeSane wasn't answering and I had to see what was up. I ran all the way to LUX, to see if he was anywhere around.

"LESANE!" I screamed happily, but he blew me off.

Maybe he doesn't know that it's me. My hair is up in a messy top knot.

"LESANE!"

"LESANEEE."

I said as I got close enough to him to catch up, it's like he was running from me.

"LESA-

"WHAT LEIGH?" He turned around angrily, looking as if he was on the verge of tears.

"Hey? I'm so sorry about last night, I got super drunk, and I couldn't even find my phone. But you didn't call me so—.."

"Are you slow? I called you like 50 times.."

I was taken aback by his coldness.

"Um, no. See."

I pulled out my phone and scrolled, then he pulled out his.

"Then your man's answered the phone. Telling you to get dressed. You was busy, ain't it?"

"My mans? Get dressed? Huh? I don't get it.."

"He was telling you to get dressed like y'all just got done fucking."

"Oh no, I had way too much champagne last night.. I don't know why he would answer my phone. Honestly."

"Figure your shit out Leigh. Be a mother. Not somebody's laggy. Call me then."
..
I turned a 5 mile run to 2.

Kaine was about to get a piece of my mind.
..
Kaine

As I'm running on the treadmill, I hear the door slam,

"You mothafucka!"

Next thing I know a fist meets my face and chest.

"How dare you!"

"Leigh, chill! What the hell are you talking about?"

"You pushed LeSane away!"

"Oh that's what all the dramatics are about. Watch your mothafuckin' hands." I said calmly, Turing off the treadmill.

"How could you Kaine!" She said with a tear running down her face.

Damn this really hurt her. It hurt me to see her in anguish.

"He's no good for you Leigh."

"And how do you know that? WHO are you to be the judge of that?"

"I know you."

"No the fuck you don't. That's where you messed up at." She pointed at me sternly.

"How? You've only known the nigga for five seconds. You've known me ya whole life damn near at this point. You'll get over it." I shrugged it off, and pushed her hand away from me.

"We're not in high school anymore. You will not do this to me. You don't know me!"  She pushed my chest.

"He's no good for you Leigh." I simply repeated.

"Because he works for UPS or because you know that he'll take me away from here? Well at least he's not a self centered, tight-wad, wanna be millionaire, who has no fucking morals."

"He's no good." I said tellingly.

"Then who is? You?" She snapped,

"I don't want you." I said truthfully.

"And wannabe? Baby, my net worth is 2.5 million dollars and it's still going up."

"That's not answering the question." She rolled her eyes.

I laughed bitterly, backing her into the corner once again,

"If I wanted you, I could have you. You know it. I know it. Even UPS knows it. I would be the better man regardless. I told you he's no good. Listen to me, for once." I whispered in her ear,

"Now, it's 1:45, you smell like outside. Be back down here at 2, no later."
..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 106K 55
Completed.
71.4K 2.9K 27
I watch her when she walks in, orders the same drink - same size - and sits at the exact same table every single day. I don't think she notices me, s...
144K 6.3K 32
"Hi, it's me again. The pathetic guy who just got dumped, if that jogs your memory. If talking is still on the table I'd love to take you up on that...
385 75 23
Maybe my heart was his all along...