The Ex-wife of the Billionaire

By ScrivereMagia

The Ex-wife of the billionaire- Sounds pretty cool, isn't it? But living life after that is not as cool. Brid... More

Synopsis
Prologue: Ex-wife
Chapter 1: New Start With Old Memories
Chapter 2: Mommy Will Not Share Cooties With You
Chapter 3: You don't know you.
Chapter 4:The Long Lost Princess
Chapter 5: Sneak Out.
Chapter 6: Samuel.
Chapter 7: Edward Meet
Thank you!
Chapter 8: Bridget.
Chapter 9: Oh, Sofia!
Chapter 10: Valery's Heavenly Food.
Chapter 11: They Are Back.
Chapter 12: Why Did You?
Chapter 13: All Set
Chapter 14: Again
chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter: 22
Knowing Gabriel
Chapter 23
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
Chapter 26
Sequel and teen fiction.
PUBLISHED!
SEQUEL: WAITING

Chapter 15: Where am I?

56.8K 1.3K 41
By ScrivereMagia

Fighting the heavy eyelids that had blocked my view, I blinked my eyes open to adjust with the lights glaring at my face. My vision was not very clear for my liking and I, unmistakably was sure that I was not in my room.

Then where am I?

Sitting up straight on the medium sized bed, I searched for some water if in case, the person this room belongs to has a habit of keeping water bottles on night stand.

I have such habit and I bet many people who are too lazy to grab some water have it too.

Once I successfuIly spotted the water glass by the night stand, I took steady sips and tried not to gulp it all in once. My hoarse throat somewhat complied with my pressure of 'get well soon' and relaxed a little. Once my throat was less gruff and I felt more comfortable in the premises of an unknown person, I began studying the interior of the room, which was the same size as my old room.

The room screamed 'no entry is allowed for girls', bands pictures were struck as clumsily one can stick them. The walls supporting the not so lovely posters were painted gray and were dark under bright lights. All the furniture complimented the color of the room in a way mixing both bright and dark colors. The room seemed lively and lovely, in a kind of creepy way.

I shook my head out of those absurd thoughts--- lively in creepy kind  of way? You lost it due to chloroform, Sofia.

I heard the distant clearance of throat. "Finally, the princess is awake I see." The voice was recognizable and I could never in hundred years forget it.

My posture became rigid in an instant like 'dear caught in headlights'. Dear deer, please say how the hell did you escape from the situation you stuck in? But, why the hell was he here in the same room as I was? How the heck did I get into this room, in first place?  First, I need to know what happened after chloroform hit me.

I slowly twisted my head in the direction of room's entrance, to see the devil himself, giving me a serious look.

Does he know the truth of my identity?

Of course, why the hell will he call you princess if he didn't?

"You know  right?" I asked him.

He looked confused for a second before shaking his head. "No."

"Don't lie me!" I yelled in frustration when he denied the fact that he knows my identity. He did not even try to bite his tongue from addressing me princess.

"How the hell will I know why those people attacked you?" he matched my frustration and I could see his fists clenching and unclenching, in an attempt to keep his anger at bay. Wow! I never knew that he was capable of anger.

"I am not talking about that dumbhead. I was talking about how you know the other truth." Heck, even I was unaware of the fact that some people were planning to abduct me. Hell, their plans may even include my murder which was worse than kidnapping. I should have considered Alejandro's anger when I was attacked for the very first time.

"What other truth?" All the traces of anger disappeared from his face, replaced by a distinctive look of confusion and curiosity. He called me princess, didn't he? So, it was clear that he wasn't unaware of my identity any more.

"You called me princess!"

"Can't I use I endearment for such a beautiful lady like you?" His lips developed into a teasing smirk and he trudged towards me, finally leaving the doorway of the room.

Face palm. It was just an endearment. I always jump to conclusions without knowing the actual reasoning. 

"Oh, sure, you can. Like why not. Uh-uh What happened?" A nervous chuckle left my lips at my stupidity as his face held playfulness, all the curiosity disappeared into the atmosphere and I definitely felt thankful. If his interest still lied in my previous question, I was sure my position would be worse in future.

"That is the question for someday."

"Where am I?"

"On a bed."

"No-no....like whose place?"

"The owner's place."

"Does the owner has a name?"

"Of course duh."

"Don't roll your eyes at me!"

"It's my wish."

"Say the name of the person who owns the place."

"Why are you concerned?"

"Why do you have to be so annoying!" This was the reason why we couldn't connect in first place. Couldn't he just answer my question? A person needs to know where she is.

"Edward...Please don't irritate me! I want to know where am I. Is it your place?" It made sense if I was currently in his room from the way everything was placed. 

"Yes." There he confirmed my thoughts. So I was lying on his bed. Wow! His bed was really very comfortable. Maybe I can convince him to sell it to me.

I brought back my eyes to his. His gaze was piercing my skin and I felt as if he was trying to detail and understand me. I looked into his purple eyes and was met with curiosity that framed his perfect shade. His gaze did not leave my face even when I waved my had in front of his eyes. I had to shake his shoulders to get him back on earth.

Was he planning the ways to annoy me again? Better, he was not. Or else, I will not take a second to poke his beautiful eyes with my perfect nails. After all, I had my manicure done just two days ago.

"Why were you staring at me like a creep does?" I asked him briskly. In actual, his stare was no where near a creep's would be. It was just curiosity, or was I mistaken?

"Why did those people attack you?" He shouldn't have ignored my question before proceeding to another one.

"Its none of your business!"

"Its my business. Now that I have saved you twice, its your duty to say me." He couldn't get more annoying, could he? He completely overlooks my question, jumps to another and then makes my business his own. Let my business be mine!

"I don't know," I answered with truth in every word. When I did not knew that myself, there was no reason of lying.  Better my mouth speaks truth before forming an inappropriate lie that no one would believe a syllable, ever.

"Haha how funny. And I am santa claus"

"Hey! I really don't know and you definitely should try being one this year. It will suit you." He definitely should be one. The white beard would compliment his skin and as well he had a pale complexation which would definitely go with the region Santa Claus resided in. Just stuff some cotton or a pillow to form a big stomach.

"I am serious. Please tell me who they were."

"I am serious too," I said in a vehement voice to match his strong tone.

"Did you inform the police the first time?"

"No." I have Alejandro by my side and a whole lot of security guards, guarding me like a kohinoor diamond. 

"Why didn't you?"  he raised his tone, and I flinched a little due to the tone he used.

"Sorry," he muttered and looked to side avoiding my gaze. His tone was caring even when it was dominated by the noticeable anger. Omg! He cared for me. He truly was one of my friends now along with Valery, Ivanna etc. My life here was turning better than it was in USA. 

"Its okay. I thought that the man mistook me for someone." I shrugged my shoulders in a nonchalant manner expressing my ignorance towards the matter until then. I might well was true. No one knew who I was. No one knew the princess of Spain yet. The way she looked. This matter surely involved some insider. But who was that person trying to kill me?

"I saw you by time in the crowd or else I can't even imagine what could've happened to you by now."

"Thanks for saving me. Did you call Valery or someone?" If he didn't, I will. As soon as possible. They would be really lost and jumping from one road to another. 

I was fidgeting with my fingers anticipating his answer.

"Don't worry, I did."

He got up from the bed and asked, "Would you like to eat something?"

"Yes." The eagerness in my voice led to a deep chuckle from my friend and I let out a giggle to. I really was hungry noticing that I actually had went to grab a quickie before  getting 'abducted'. Edward's great when he wants to be. I could get along with him if he constantly would not throw annoying words on my way.

I was more than relieved that the call to Valery had been made already. I just wanted to meet those people before the hell will break lose. I could already imagine the glares they would send in my direction and the long sessions of Valery where she would knock some sense into my useless brain about safety.

But it wasn't my mistake after all. No one on this earth would predict that this will happen. But I was more afraid about receiving an 'I told you so'  from Alejandro and his scary face.

Edward disappeared from the room five minutes back and by the each passing minute I grew anxious and bored as well. I let my eyes roam around the room until I found something interesting that caught my eyes. A laptop. I guess it was Edward's, obviously.

I bent over to reach it and successfully grabbed it from the side table after nearly falling my face first on the hard cold floor. I was about to open the interesting device when a had slapped mind and roughly pulled the electronic out of my hand.

"Hey! I was just using it." 

"Never touch my thing without my permission." Edward looked angry, scratch that, furious. The anger was radiating off him and my body shook due to its intensity. A poster from the wall towards my right fell down. So, his anger was affecting the poor posters too. His look was more intimidating than Alejandro and it spoke something. The laptop, whatever it contained, was really very important to him. And he did not intend anyone knowing about that.

What did that laptop contain to bring this much out of Edward? Let it go, Sofia. It's not your business.

Without another word he turned away from me and placed the laptop in its initial place. The room fell deadly silent and my mind was drifting off somewhere else other than this room. It was better to imagine unicorns than facing someone's anger. My body was sweating like it had never before when his anger flashed in front of my eyes.

A deep sigh left his lips and he face me again, calmer this time. "Look, I am sorry. I shouldn't have behaved like that and the laptop is really very personal to me."

"I am sorry too. I should have taken permission."

"So race me down till the stairs?"

"Challenge accepted."

"Go!" he yelled and his legs took up already.

"Hey! Thats not fair." I struggled to untangle myself from the mess created on the bed. The sheets loved me too much to leave me, I guess. By the time, I managed to jump out of the bed successfully kicking the sheets behind, I was sure that Edward was already downstairs.

"I win!" I heard a distant sound coming from my right when I  skipped down the stairs of his house.

"You cheated." My yell was loud enough to reach his ears despite of my hoarse voice. That was confirmed when I heard a 'no' from the same direction again.

But then, the bell of the house rang.

"Can you see that for me, Sofia?"

"Sure!"

"The door is at the end of right hallway from the stairs." I followed the direction and strolled lazily to the door and opened it.

"God damn hell."

*********

Helo all! here I go again.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!:)

And by the way I will be naming my new book

'Small town girl'

and will be up by next friday, hopefully and yeah its teen fiction!

Enjoy the weekend!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

505K 13.4K 49
When Allison's step mother and sister betrayed her for her wealth. Along with her loving husband, her world came crashing down. They throw her on st...
1.9M 58.1K 60
[COMPLETED] [Hightest Ranking #3, From 3rd to 6th September 2016] She was an epitome of strength, though afraid of people leaving her, she built wall...
7.2M 159K 34
"Hey Babe! I am having a surprise news for you!!" Anna cooed with the joy to tell Ethan that she is pregnant. "Before that sign the divorce paper!"...