Olivia // l.t.

By PrincessKittyKat

Olivia is strong willed, goal oriented, and independent. Ever since her breakup with long-term boyfriend Zayn... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 2

2.7K 97 39
By PrincessKittyKat

 Olivia

As I was weaving through all of the people on the sidewalk trying to get to work I was grateful that there was a coffee shop in the lobby of my work building. 

It was twenty minutes till nine, and I planned on getting to work fifteen minutes early to beat the rush, but I was sadly behind schedule.

I inhaled the wonderful smell of freshly baked bread as I rounded the corner bakery, and felt my stomach grumble reminding me that I had not had breakfast. 

"I know, I know." I said out loud to myself, and then quickly glanced at my watch checking the time.

I was top of my department, but I knew if I was one minute past nine the boss would find me, and talk my ear off, and I didn't need any strikes against me right now. 

My last article had gotten mixed reviews, and they were a lot more negative than usual. That is just one of the many things on my stress list that I don't need to grow.

I checked my watch again it had only been three minutes although it felt like thirty as I stood before the looming building in front of me.  Suddenly I didn't want to go inside, but instead take a sick day.

"Snap out of it Liv" I told myself knowing good and well that I had a job to do and I didn't work this hard just to give up and get lazy.

The lobby was cold, and I was immediately annoyed, walking straight to the counter to demand a cup of coffee. Black, no sugar, no cream, just how I liked it.

 "May I help you." a familiar voice caught my attention, and as soon as he turned around I let out a sigh.

"Hey blondie." I said lowly, slightly embarrassed because of the way I probably got his hopes up last night. 

"A blondie you say?" his smile was contagious, as he reached for the sweet treat under the counter before I stopped him. "No, I was just saying--oh never mind." I stopped myself from rambling.

"Well then what can I get you?" he leaned against the counter, his eyes were full of curiosity. I relayed him my coffee order, and tapped my fingers nervously against the countertop as I watched him poor the dark liquid.

"So you're the infamous Olivia Rhea?" he said teasingly, and I raised my eyebrows. 

"I wouldn't say infamous." I was slightly offended at his lighthearted insult. He chuckled as he handed me my coffee once again leaning against the counter.

"I'm only kidding, I know who you are, you're a popular name around here." he smiled again, and I smiled back oddly enough.

I was well known because I clawed my way to the top with hard work and dedication. Writing under my pen name, Lola, just helped keep the attention to a minimum.

 "And you're Niall the bartender by night barista by day?" I asked only trying to be friendly.

"I'm impressed you actually bothered to know my name." he said faking shock, and I laughed, I liked this guy, we were going to get along just fine.

 I sighed "Yes, I'm not a completely cruel person." I glanced at my watch again.

He gave me a curious look, and I suddenly felt guilt creeping up in the pit of my stomach. "Listen Niall, I know you're a nice guy." I started, and he laughed. 

"What?" I asked genuinely confused. "Look Ms. Rhea, can I call you that? I knew the second I wrote my number down you weren't going to call it."

He seemed happy as can be as he said this, so I wasn't sure if he was smiling through the pain, or he was genuinely that carefree. 

"Call me Liv, my friends call me Liv." I returned his smile almost as if I couldn't help it. "Ah the dreaded friend zone." he teased, and I rolled my eyes.

"Listen Blo—Niall, I've got to head to my office, it's been nice chatting with you, I may come visit for lunch."

 I was pushing it not knowing if the elevator was going to take a long time or not. He nodded, and I began walking away.

"Hey Liv!" he called after me and I turned around getting slightly annoyed. "Yes?" I asked. "You know you have to pay for the coffee right?"

***

Over the next week Niall and I had lunch together almost every day. Caileigh had pouted about it constantly, mainly because while I was on lunch break she had to run errands, and print reports.

 I had learned that he only bartended every other weekend, and that he actually lived about 3 blocks from me.

I had told him a lot about me which was unusual since he was practically a stranger. We talked about the columns I write, and how the way I take my coffee reflects who I am as a person. 

He claimed that I should write more lovey dovey articles because apparently he was a romantic guy, but that is a matter of opinion.

It was nice having a friend other than Caileigh that I could talk to, its not that I didn't have friends, but work sometimes got in the way of my social life.

"I've got to get back to work, how long until you go back?" he asked standing to his feet and tying his apron. 

"I'm done for the day." I smiled. "It's my long weekend." 

He chuckled. "Nice, got a big date tonight? Any mens hearts to break so you can write about their suffering?" I rolled my eyes.

"Okay if I promise to write more romantic garbage will you please stop with the jokes." he scrunched his nose for a minute looking deep in thought. "No." he finally said, and laughed.

I pulled out my notebook while Niall served a few customers, and began writing in everything I needed to get done, already feeling myself stressing out over minor things.

I was so caught up in my writing I jumped when I heard Niall loudly exclaim "Tommo!" 

I looked away from my table and up to the counter. Niall was talking animatedly with someone, who seemed equally as excited to speak with him.

Mystery guy was kind of cute. He looked like he was about mine and Niall's age, he wasn't the tallest, but he had some good looking legs. 

I found myself staring at him, and I tried to snap out of it, given I was only looking at the back of him, and he could turn around and disappoint me.

However, when he did turn around, I was far from disappointed. His hair was the perfect kind of messy, covering his forehead.

 He had on a blue polo, much like many of the computer techs that worked in this building wore, and a pair of skinny jeans that didn't look as if they gave him much room to breathe.

I took a deep breath, when his eyes met mine, and I realized that he noticed I had been staring at him, probably drooling as far as I know. 

I quickly looked away, and focused my attention on Niall, who was raising his eyebrow at me, and I could almost read his mind.

Mystery guy, to my dismay began walking towards my table, a coffee in his hand, and he took a seat right in front of me. 

Doesn't he know anything about personal space? "May I help you?" I asked as politely as possible doing my best not to make eye contact.

"Yes, I noticed you staring at me, and I was wondering if this seat was taken?" I chanced a glance at him, and I was immediately annoyed at the giant smirk plastered across his face. 

I sighed closing my planner, but not about to give him the satisfaction of my undivided attention.

"I mean, I was perfectly fine sitting alone, but I guess you made up your mind didn't you?" I said my voice bored as I picked at my nails. 

"Feisty." he said chuckling before he took a sip of his coffee. 

"Tommo." I heard Niall say warningly from the counter, and I was definitely going to drill him about this later.

"Well since I'm going to be sitting here for the next—Oh ten minutes." he glanced at the watch on his wrist. "I should at least get your name." 

This guy was a certified flirt, and I knew that he would probably be the next article I centered my writing around after I let him down gently.

"Olivia" I said nonchalantly, pulling all the tricks in the book I knew would make his type lose interest and fast. "Olivia, has a nice ring to it."He smiled taking another sip of his coffee.

I stared at his arm and all the random tattoos that littered it. "but my friends call me Liv." I added quickly, glancing at his face showing no emotion.

 "Who says I want to be your friend?" he said smugly and I rolled my eyes.

"Tommo." Niall said in the same tone only louder this time. 

Tommo as I was starting to believe was his name held up his hand giving Niall the 'One moment' notion. 

"You know, I would love to sit and chat with you all afternoon, but I do have important things I need to do." I smiled sarcastically gathering my notebook and stuffing it in my purse.

"Feisty and Focused." He flashed me a smile, and I took note of his beautiful smile, and how blue his eyes are. "Yes, now if you would excuse me." I stood to my feet, throwing my purse over my shoulder.

However, to my absolute horror I managed to knock his coffee not only all over the table but all over him as well. My immediate thought was he deserved it, but my moral thought was that I needed to apologize.

"I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed, as I grabbed as many napkins out of the dispenser as I could handing them to him.

 I expected him to yell, or to pout like most men usually do in a situation like this, but instead he laughed. 

"Not so focused now are we Olivia?"

His eyes met mine again, and they were playful. I heard Niall mumble another "Tommo" under his breath. Then in that moment I found myself at a loss for words for the first time in years. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 84 22
•Zayn Malik Fanfict• It has been about 10 years since One Direction has started. The boys' career has grown gradually slow. Sadly Zayn and Perrie ha...
348K 13.4K 32
Harry Styles is a loner with social anxiety and a boring life. His past constantly mocks him and he has a severe self harm addiction that nobody, not...
8.9K 326 33
Harry Styles...Louis Tomlinson...the top two most mysterious and baddest students (or people) in Nixwood High. They make people scurry away from them...
411K 10K 28
Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles are best friends, but maybe they're secretly something more? When Louis gets a call from management his whole relati...