Living With Them

By LuckyJo

After enduring years of abuse from her father, Audrey finally escapes. It is time for her to start anew, yet... More

Living With Them (1)
Living With Them (2)
Living With Them (3)
Living With Them (4)
Living With Them (6)

Living With Them (5)

2.4K 111 8
By LuckyJo

Just to be clear, Audrey's 18. Pierce is 19. And Colin & Blake are 20. (:

Oh and there's a picture of what Colin looks like at the side.

Enjoy!

Blake clears his throat. Pierce and the blonde are so into their little session that they don't hear. Impatiently, I stomp in and punch in the number 4. The doors close.

Pierce whips his head up at the sound of the closing door. He looks around the elevator, resting his eyes on me. He pushes away from the girl and shoves his hands into his pockets. The blonde whimpers and opens her eyes to see that she has company. Blushing, she ducks behind Pierce.

"Who's your friend, Pierce?" Blake asks, motioning to the girl.

"Uh.."

"Bella. My name's Bella," she offers a small smile.

"You two going off on a date?" I ask, my voice coming out colder than I intended.

Pierce catches my harsh tone and smirks. "Yea, we're going to a dinner and a movie,"

"How original," I roll my eyes. "Have fun lovebirds!" The doors open to our floor and I eagerly hop out. I hear Pierce chuckle as the elevator doors close.

"Someone seems jealous," an amused voice makes me jump. I completely forgot that Blake was with me.

"Not me, that's for sure," I answer, fumbling with my key.

"Oh yes, yes it was. Does Audrey like Pierce?" Blake gasps, pressing a hand to his mouth. He's being so dramatic, I think as I roll my eyes.

I open the door and immediately smell some Chinese takeout. Blake smells it too and tilts his nose to the air and follows the scent. We find Colin in the kitchen, setting plates on the table.

"What is this?" I ask.

Colin beams. "I got the job, Princess!" He lifts me into the air and spins me in circles. I laugh as he sets me down.

"You did? Great job man," Blake fist bumps Colin as he picks a piece of orange chicken and pops it into his mouth.

"And all this is to celebrate!" he beams, piling food onto his plate.

"Congratulations, Colin," I take a seat next to him.

His smile never wavers. "Yea, the bar's sick. So are the lights and drinks. And-"

Colin keeps talking, happiness glowing out of him. I tune him out, my thoughts swirling around today's events. The broken cup at the diner. Fooling around at the park with Blake. Running into Pierce and Bella in the elevator. The thought of Pierce and Bella makes my stomach churn.

I push my plate away. "You know what, I'm not hungry anymore," Blake and Colin look concerned.

"Is there something wrong with the broccoli beef?" Colin asks through a mouth full of rice.

I shake my head. "No the foods good. I'm just not that hungry. I'm gonna shower then go to bed." I push back from the table and bid them goodnight. I take a quick shower, rubbing shampoo into my scalp. I dry myself off and put on my pajamas, then scurry into my room.

I sit on my bed and look over at Pierce's side. His bed's made, the corners tucked in tightly. Everything's organized in his room, probably to show off to Bella. I scoff at the thought and pull my covers over me.

Around 5 in the morning, I wake up a gasping, sweating mess-- much like the night before. I blink away the images of Bert and the countless men who used to wind up in my room. I glance at Pierce's bed. Empty. I push back the disappointment and get up. I need a glass of water.

Padding to the kitchen, I make sure not to wake Colin or Blake. I turn on the lights and grab a glass from the cupboard. I pour in some water and sit at the table. I hear an alarm go off in the boys' room. A thud and a grunt is heard, with some muffled curses.

Colin emerges from their room, his blonde hair a tangled mess. He squints against the kitchen lights. "Princess?" he's still half asleep.

"No, it's Audrey. Sorry," I chuckle. Colin tries to smile, but grimaces instead.

"Why are you up so early?" I ask. A yawn escapes from Colin's lips.

"I usually go to the gym later, but I found out that this really hot girl goes at this time and I was hoping to catch her, but damn, why does that bitch have to wake up so early," he says groggily, slumping into the chair across from me.

"I'll make you some coffee," I get up to brew him a cup, when the front door opens. Pierce walks into the kitchen, also squinting against the lights.

"When the hell have these lights been so damn bright?" he shields his eyes and walks in.

"Where were you?" Colin asks, elbowing him and wiggling his eyebrows.

Pierce smiles. "I was out with this girl, Bella. She's pretty cool," I step out from the shadow of the door and hand Colin his coffee. Pierce notices me and looks away before we could make a full second of eye contact.

"Do you want some coffee too?" I offer. Pierce shakes his head.

"I'm a barista. I can make my own coffee," he says, a bit coldly. I step away to let him through and can smell woman's perfume all over him. My stomach twists into a knot. I sigh and sit next to Colin, blankly staring at Pierce's back.

"So what are you two doing today?" Colin asks, sipping from his coffee. "You make better coffee than Barista Boy," he whispers under his breath. I crack a smile and mouth a thank you.

"I'm going in at lunch, then coming back to just chill at home," Pierce answers, swirling a spoon in his coffee.

"I'm starting my first shift at Angel's Diner," I answer. Both Colin and Pierce look at me.

"You got a job? Nice job, Princess!" Colin grins at me. I nod and look up at Pierce who's studying me. I raise my eyebrows at him and he looks away, rubbing his jaw.

"I'm gonna go to the gym. Maybe I'll still catch the babe," Colin gets up, downing the rest of his coffee.

I get up also. "Can I maybe tag along? I can be your wingwoman or something. I don't have to start until lunchtime anyway," And I'm desperate for a run.

"Why don't all three of us go?" Pierce offers, slipping out of his leather jacket. Colin shrugs.

"Sure. Meet me outside in ten," We all walk in our own direction, preparing for the gym. I groan inwardly. This really will be an interesting morning.

And I do want to show you I will run to you, to you till I can't stand on my own anymore. I cross my heart and hope to die.

I rip my earbuds out, cutting Josh Ramsay off. I press the arrow pointing down, the treadmill slowing to a stop. Colin was lifting weights beside me before, but now he's openly staring at the "babe". She is pretty, I gotta admit. I'm getting envious of how long she can run without turning red in the face or breaking a sweat.

Pierce had walked off to god knows where in the beginning. It had mostly been me working out and Colin drooling.

"Go talk to her," I nudge him. He snaps his head up and his green eyes widen.

"Are you crazy? She's like... a model. I can't just walk up to her and be like "Hey, I'm Colin!" No," he shakes his head vigurously.

I laugh. "Actually that is what your supposed to do,"

Colin's eyes brighten. "Can you go talk to her? After all, you said you'd be my wingwoman."

I roll my eyes and get off the treadmill. "Alright fine."

Walking over, the girl notices me and smiles. She also takes out her earbuds and slows to a walk. I glance back over my shoulder to see Colin lifting a dumbbell, flexing obnoxiously. I refrain myself from rolling my eyes again and turn to the girl.

"Hey, I'm Audrey,"

"I'm Lily. Who's your friend?" she nods her head in Colin's direction ad cocks a perfect eyebrow.

"That's Colin,"

"He's been staring at me the whole time you guys got here. Is he ok?" she laughs a bit.

"Yea, he's just so lovestruck by you. Would you like to meet him?"

She shakes her head slightly. "Not yet.. I'll play a little hard to get." she smirks. "So, Audrey, I've never seen you around this town before. New here?"

"Yea, you could say that. I used to live a couple minutes from town and I decided to move here," I answer, getting onto the treadmill next to her.

"And Colin became your friend? Did he stare at you from across a cafe?" she chuckles.

"He's actually my roommate," I mutter. Her honey colored eyes grow into saucers. A sound comes fcrom her phone. She glances at it and stops her treadmill.

"I gotta go. We should get together sometime and talk more," she smiles. She probably only wants to hang out to get more information about Colin.

"Yea, we should," we exchange numbers and she promises to text me the information. She walks out, Colin's eyes following her.

"Stop being so obvious," I smack his arm. His eyes snap back to me.

"So? What happened?" he clings to my arm.

"We'll be hanging out. I'm positive she only wants to talk to me about you," Colin pumps his fist in the air and does a happy dance. In the middle of his twerking, Pierce shows up.

"Dude, what the fuck are you doing?" sweat drips from his forehead as he cracks up.

"Princess scored me a babe!" He hugs me tightly, until I start choking for air.

"Well not exactly. She wants to hangout with meeeee," I remind him.

"Yea, to talk about meeeeee!" he shimmies away, towards his gym bag.

Pierce and I stand together, awkwardly. "So where have you been all this time?" I ask.

"There's this room that's away from everyone, so I go there sometimes if I wanna workout in private," Pierce answers, looking through his phone.

"That's cool.." I sling my bag over my shoulder. "Are you working lunch shift too?"

"Yea, I am." he looks up from his phone.

"Would it be ok if you gave me a ride to Angel's Diner?" I prepare myself for a rude remark.

"Yea, that's ok," he fixes his lip ring and motions me to follow him. "We still got some time till we have to go. I'll drive you back to the apartment. Colin's probably gonna stay a little bit longer."

When he turns away, I break into a grin. Is this Pierce being nice to me? If he is, then I better make the most of it until he goes bipolar on my ass.

I had major writer's block and I literally had to choke sentences out of me. I'm not too proud of this chapter but it'll have to do..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...