...But You Don't Notice at Al...

By ninjaspatchula15

Throughout middle school, Harry was Kat's best guy friend. They hung out together all the time, and they kne... More

Prolouge
A Singer
Stole My Heart
Isn't It Ironic?
Tell No One But Kevin!
A Good Night's Swim
Marco! Polo! Liam! Harry!
Nightmares and Pancakes
I'm Single, Marry You, French Silk Cones!
"Let's Go To The Mall"
Best. Day. EVER!
Harry Styles
Shut Up!
The Interview (of doom)
Harry, and Louis, and Landon OH MY!
Well That was Awkward
Muffin!
What Happens to Little Girls who Lie
Whipped Cream...and I Know it!
Attack of the Graceful Kats
At Least I Didn't Get Drunk
Whoops!
Fall For You
You Can Take Me Home
Same Old Games
"Dating"
Intervention
Can't Fight This Feeling
Nobody Compares
Good Morining, Darling
Closer
My One Love
Kit-Kat and Twix
Right Where I Belong
Epilogue

The Universe Ships Hat

965 29 2
By ninjaspatchula15

Harry approached me as we all headed up to get to our rooms. This hotel didn't have big suites like the last few, so Niall, Zayn, and Liam are all staying in a bigger room for us all to hang out it, while Blair and I are sharing a room and so are Louis and Harry.

"Hey, I want you to come to the interview, and right after I'm taking you on our date, okay?" He whispered into my ear, his breath tickling my cheek.

"Yep," I said quickly before walking up beside Blair, but. Harry caught up. And stood on the opposite side of me.

Damn it, Harry! I find you attractive, and if you keep coming near me, I may just pounce on you. Ugh, this is difficult. The seven of us all squeezed into the elevator with our luggage. It was quite the squeeze, and with my fabulous luck, I ended up pressed up against Harry.

"Fancy meeting you here," he joked. I gave a weak laugh. The universe is obviously trying to tell me something....oh shit, the universe must ship "Hat". Damn you, universe! I don't want to listen to you.

Apparently, the universe didn't like that because at that exact moment, the elevator stopped moving. And the doors didn't open.

Shit.

Then the doors did open. I let out a sigh of relief. The universe is not out to get me.

"Our rooms are out to the left," said Liam as he walked out the elevator of his spot in the front...lucky.

I stepped forward only to run right into Harry and squish him against the side on accident. He smiled charmingly down at me "my apologies miss," he grinned.

I mummbled something unauditible in my embarassment and headed toward the elevator door. Harry reached out his hand to keep the doors from closing, and walked out. He kept his arm there until i got out as well.

"Thanks," I smiled awkwardly.

"Anything for you...girlfriend," he laughed. How can he be so light hearted? I've done everything I can to make him mad at me, damn it! I gave him a small glare. "too soon?" he laughed poking my side.

"Harry...why aren't you mad at me?" I sighed angrily.

"Because you want me to be," he gave a sly smile, "and I know that this just pisses you off even more. I'm not exactly sure why you want me mad at you, but I am resisting the power. You look cute when you're pissed off at me," he smiled showing his dimples.

I rolled my eyes, "that is quite possibly the most corny thing you've ever said,"

"But you like it, so I'm not regreting it." he smirked at me.

"Go get ready for your interview, you dork," I pushed him toward the hotel rooms.

"You know, if we want to make this all a bit more realistic, you and Louis should switch rooms. Then you'd stay with me," Harry teased.

"Not in a million years," I said.

"You weren't thinking that last night," he winked.

"Oh my gosh! Will you just shut up!" I yelled.

"Sure," Harry smiled. Damn it, I just gave the boy exactly what he wants. "I'll see you at the interview," he smirked.

I walked quickly to catch up with Blair.

"I would hate to be you right now," she said softly.

"That was a surprise," said Louis, "who knew kitty had claws," he teased.

We reached our rooms, I followed Blair into our room, and Louis went into the one next to ours.

"You alright?" Blair asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I forced a smile, "I'm going to get changed," I pulled my bag into the bathroom and closed the door behind me.

~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~

"WITH THR TASTE OF YOUR LIPS I'M ON A RIDE!" Harry screeched out Brittney Spears lyrics at the top of his lungs. "YOUR TOXIC I'M SLIPPING UNDER"

"Shut up you oaf!!" I shouted throwing a pillow at him, "you said you'd help me pack, and so far, you are not at all helpful!"

"Sorry," he mumbled.

I shoved more of my clothes into a box labeled "Katherine"

"Why are you packing up already, you still have a week," he grumbled.

"We're shipping out some of our stuff tomorrow," I said.

"That's too soon!" He punched the pillow I had thrown at him.

"Sorry Twix," I sympathized as he pouted, "but at least we can email,"

"I don't want you to replace me with new American people!"

"I promise, Harry, you will always be my best friend,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Please welcome, One Direction," the reporter who I had spoken with earlier introduced the boys as the camera started rolling. In my opinion, this reporter is much more kind and respectful than the last one. Karen insisted that I come to the interview as well in case they wanted to interview me as well after Harry "confesses our love". So here I am, sitting off to the side with Blair right by make-up and wardrobe.

"Hellooooo," Harry said giving the camera a cute little grin.

"So you boys have just started your tour, how has that been going?" The interviewer asked.

"Pretty good, I'd say," Zayn said.

"Definitely," Liam agreed, "it gets a bit tiring, but we love our jobs and I wouldn't want to be doing anything else,"

"Is it difficult to have a personal life with such a busy schedule?"

"It can get tricky at times," Louis explained, "but we manage,"

"Alright," the interviewer said, "before we go to commercial, tons of your fans wanted us to ask about something called 'Hat'" Harry bit his lip

"That's a Harry question," Niall smiled.

"Okay, Harry. What is 'Hat'?" The interviewer asked.

"It's sort of like a name that fans put together from my name and our opening act, Kat. I think 'Hat' sounds a little funny, but that's what they picked,"

"So they made this name because they want you two to be in a relationshp?"

"Pretty much, yeah," Harry nodded.

Damn it, it's coming. Shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit. Where's the nearest cliff I can jump off of.

"But you're not, correct?"

Harry took a deep breath and so did I, "Actually, we are. Kat is my girlfriend,". He looked right at me and smiled.

HOLY SHIT! HARRY STYLES JUST LIED ON LIVE TELEVISON. I'm screwed. I'm going to die.

"We'll cover this more right after the break," the interviewer smiled at he camera.

"And we're off!" Said the camera man.

The interviewer looked over to Harry, "congratulations, Harry. I spoke with Kat earlier, she's a very sweet girl," he said

"Thank you, I'm very lucky to have her," Harry said, "I'm going to go talk with her for a moment,". He got up and walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"We'll, that was fun. Where can I find the nearest cliff that I can jump off before I die of embarrassment," I muttered.

He rolled his eyes, "you're fine,"

"Two minutes and we're live," yelled one of the workers.

"I've got to go," said Harry, "you'll be alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I sighed.

"We should probably kiss," he said softly his gaze dropping to my lips.

"Ugh, we're not going to be an annoying couple that does constant PDA, are we," I wrinkled my nose.

"We can discus that over dinner, tonight," he smiled and gave me a quick peck on the lips before he walked back to the rest of the boys.

"We're on in 5...4...3...2..." The camera man pointed.

"Welcome back, we're here with One Direction! Before we left, we were discussing Harry's new relationship. So Harry, how long have you and Kat been together,"

"Well, we've been going out for a couple weeks now and we just made things official two nights ago,". Harry said.

"And do rpthe rest of you boys feeling about Kat and Harry?"

"It absolutely fantastic," said Niall, "we love Kat, and her and Harry are pretty much a perfect fit,"

"Harry is always so happy when Kat is around, and we all know she's what's best for him. We hope our fans think so too," Louis smiled.

"That's all the time we have, boys. On to Sandra with the weather report,". The camera shut off and Harry smiled at me and winked.

Blair leaned over to me and whispered, "how you doing with all this?"

I smiled back at Harry and chucked a bit, "Surprisingly well," I heard myself said.

Harry made another face at me, and a smile remained plastered on my face.

I guess the universe really does ship Hat.

A/n:

Sorry this chapter took so damn long!! I feel so bad!!! Ugh.

Song for this chapter is 1234 by Plain White T's

Because its cute and I love it...just like Kat at Harry.

Alright. I've been super busy with camp and stuff, which is super fun but I haven't done much updating (sowwy!!) and swimming is starting soon and I doubt that'll make it any better, but I'll try my best. Thanks guys for sticking with me!

Also check out my new Niall fic "I Wish..."

My favorite number is an ace

Okay

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudel to you all ;)

<3 French fry

Of Mariah..whatever you want to call me, knock yourself out

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

229K 4.9K 49
They've known each other since they were eleven, inseparable best friends for as long as they can remember, but long distance and spotty behavior cau...
You Again By Abby

Fanfiction

4.1K 128 32
Being best friends with a member of the biggest boy-band in the world is already hard enough. But it's even harder when you used to be in love with t...
4.7K 166 22
Running. I've become pretty accustomed to it by now. Whether it be back at the gym, being late to work, or my past. It was always the past. But h...
1.9K 2 23
Teagan can't wait for high school to be over. When she turns eighteen her best friends get her One Direction backstage passes and concert tickets. Th...