I'LL COME BACK: A Narnia Fanf...

By 16wanderlxst09

Carmelya isn't your average teenage girl. Some may say she's broken, some may say she deserved it. But that d... More

Please take note!
Prologue - A Girl & Her Secret
Chapter 1 - Caspian Flees
Chapter 2 - High Kings & Queens of Narnia
Chapter 3 - Rescuing Trumpkin
Chapter 4 - Caspian Wakes
Chapter 5 - Lost in the Woods
Chapter 6 - Meeting Caspian
Chapter 7 - Aslan's How
Chapter 8 - Raid on the Castle
Chapter 9 - Vengeance & Love
Chapter 10 - Sudden Impulse
Chapter 11: The Best Way to Plan for Battle
Chapter 12: The Telmarine Camp
Chapter 13: Remembering
Chapter 14: Bloody, Bloody, Telmarines
Chapter 15: The Second Battle of Beruna
Chapter 15: The Second Battle of Beruna [#2]
Chapter 16: How All Was [Not So] Well
Author's Note
I'll Come Back Very Soon
It is Finally Up!

Chapter 17: The Letting Go is The Hardest Part

1.5K 39 16
By 16wanderlxst09

In a few days time, which passed in a blink, Aslan called for a meeting of the whole Kingdom in the town square. Caspian, walking down the steps to the courtyard, caught a glimpse of the Great Lion speaking with Peter and Susan in the distance. Squinting slightly, he took notice of the way Aslan's eyes were dull and that of Peter and Susan's were gleaming slightly in the light. Positive that it wasn't something positive, he spun on his heel and went off in the direction to gather the rest of the people.

"We are ready, everyone has assembled" said Caspian to Aslan when he was back at the courtyard. Aslan nodded and began pacing in the direction of the town square, Caspian following closely behind him in silence; except the clicking of his shoes against the tiles, for Aslan's soft steps and velveted paws made no sound as compared to his.

The town square was a sea of people, where all the Telmarines and Narnians had gathered together. As soon as Aslan came in sight, the chattering and mumbling dispersed, allowing the Lion and Caspian to join the rest on a raised platform at the front of the crowd.
At the very front of the platform stood the Great Lion himself, Peter and Caspian at his sides. On the far left stood Susan, Edmund and Lucy, and right opposite them Cornelius, Glenstorm, Amethy, Trumpkin, Trufflehunter and Reepicheep huddled together in a neat row. The sun shone ever so brightly down on them, prickling their skin, but none complained at that point in time.
Aslan, smiling at Caspian, gestured for him to begin his speech:

"Narnia belongs to Narnians just as it does to man. Any Telmarines who want to stay and live in peace are welcome to. And for any of you who wish, Aslan will return you to the homes of our forefathers"

As Caspian's words slowly seeped in, a man raised his voice above the rest and remarked:
"It has been generations since we left Telmar" he told them.

"We are not referring to Telmar" Aslan responded. "Your ancestors were seafaring brigands, pirates run aground on an island. There they found a cave, a rare chasm that brought them here from their world, the same world as our Kings and Queens" finished Aslan, his voice rich and soothing, looking at the Pevensies periodically. "It is to that island I can return you. It is a good place for any who wish to make a new start"
There was a moment of silence in the crowd, which was subsequently followed by a soft buzz amongst family members.

"I'll go, I'll accept the offer" a loud voice rang.

"And so will we" alleged a feminine voice. Instinctively, the crowd parted slightly, making way for a narrow path for the two - or three - people. As their faces were exposed from the heads and hairs of other Telmarines, they were revealed to be General Glozelle and Lady Prunaprismia, who had her newborn neatly cradled against her chest. Stepping forward, the three made their way onto the platform in the austereness, ceasing their steps when they came in front of the Lion.

"Because you have spoken first, your future in that world shall be good" guaranteed Aslan. Taking in a deep breath, he breathed, a breath exceptionally long and bursting with warmth, on them; thereafter he turned and purred softly at the oak tree behind all of them. Spontaneously, a crackle reverberated about the town square as the tree began the steady process of unwinding its thick trunk, gradually separating itself magically and revealing a Door in the air.

Through the hole-like Door one could still see the trees, plants and sky of Narnia on the opposite side; just the way you would see it if you were to go round the tree.
Calmly, they took a step to the Door, then another, more confident stride, followed by the next, having put their trust in Aslan. In the split second their body went past the frames of the Door, they had vanished utterly, leaving behind not even a single strand of hair.

"How do we know he is not leading us to our deaths?" screamed a man, pointing an accusing finger at the Lion and sparking a number of very nasty comments, sneers and wails from the people.

Reepicheep, sensing the anger in the people, stepped forward to Aslan. "Sire, if my example can be of any service, I will take eleven mice through with no delay" he piped, bowing with his hand over his heart.

"We'll go" declared Peter, stepping towards Aslan. 

"We will?" questioned Edmund, glancing at him then at Amethy for a moment.

"Come on, our time's up" Peter urged, patting Edmund on the back, then glimpsed over his shoulder at Caspian, "after all, we're not really needed here anymore" 

Taking a few strides, he came face to face with the new crowned King. Unlatching Rhindon from his side, he held it up in front of him, offering it to Caspian, who clutched it firmly by its gold hilt. "I will look after it until you return"

"I'm... afraid that's just it" Susan suddenly said, her voice trembling as if she would burst out in tears any moment; which was really how she felt at that point in time. "We're not coming back"

"We're not?" asked Lucy, looking all miserable already.

"You two are" Peter replied. "At least... I think he means you two"

"But why? Did they do something wrong?" questioned Lucy, her eyes already growing a bright crimson.

"Quite the opposite, dear one. But all things have their time. Your brother and sister have learnt what they can from this world. Now, it's time for them to live in their own" explained The Lion. Aslan's words were so remarkably solacing that the tingling sensation at the back of her eyes seemed to fade away instantly; but the terrible truth dawned on her that in time, she herself would one day not be able to return to Narnia ever again. 

"It's alright, Lu. It's not how I thought it would be, but it's alright. One day you'll see too. Come on" consoled Peter, putting his arm around a sulking Lucy's shoulder and guiding her towards the Narnians opposite them.

Affectionate farewells were exchanged between the Narnians and their Kings and Queens - bows and curtsies to Cornelius and Caspian, who returned a solemn bow to them all, firm handshakes with Glenstorm, and ticklish embraces with Trufflehunter. Then came Trumpkin, who had very much wished that they need not return - especially his DLF Lucy - and was near to tears when she curtseyed rather awkwardly before running forwards to embrace him in a tight hug. When it was Amethy's turn they all received hugs from her, for handshakes and curtsies were too formal to her.

It was a grievous parting on both parts, and I shall not dwell on it too much. Nevertheless, there was one particular pair that I would definitely need to bring your attention to:
Edmund, stepping towards Amethy,  gently maneuvered his arms around her torso, pulling her into him and embracing her. She did the same in return, wrapping her arms round his strong back. Leaning in closer, he whispered into her ear, so softly that she was the only one who could hear his words.

"Aslan said that I will come back... soon. Well, the Lion calls all times soon. Amethy, if I ever meet you again... I hope you never ever run from your feelings. Don't run from who you are and what you want to be. Do not subject yourself to the expectation of others, alright?"
At the feeling of Amethy nodding into his shoulder, he pulled away slightly.

"Goodby..." said Amethy, but she was cut off by Edmund immediately. 

"Don'tsaygoodbyebecausegoodbyemeansgoingawayandgoingawaymeansforgetting" he told her in one quick breath.
Nodding once more, Amethy broke away from the hug, both saying nothing more for Edmund's tears were pretty near from cascading from his eyes - but he knew well that he mustn't cry - and Amethy was at a loss for words. What else could you say in a situation like this?

With that the Pevensies pulled away from their line of friends and shuffled towards the Door with Edmund at the forefront and Lucy at the far end, their hands interwoven. One by one and reluctantly, they entered and disappeared through the Door, and with one last teary look back at Aslan, Lucy herself was pulled back into her own world.
For a moment a blinding light greeted their senses and it seemed to them that they might have been swallowed into the wrong place, but the dim orange light of the railway station soon came to sight and they found themselves back where they first were - the railway station to school.

Whipping around, Lucy sighed in dismay to see a plain, extended tunnel with walls tiled in pure white and a platform that was grey and gravelly. Accompanied with the endless rows of bright lights there was only one way to describe that place - plain boring. She looked down to see herself no longer dressed in the splendor of Narnia but her own scratchy uniform she had left back at Cair Paravel, and her brown hair was in two neat braids like before. Once again, no timed had passed in their world.
The train came rushing in from behind them, whipping their hair and messing it up slightly. Halting to a stop with a loud screech, it's doors opened and a crowd rushed inside. In their midst, a boy suddenly spoke to Susan.

"Aren't you coming? Phyllis?" asked the geek.

Peter, Edmund and Lucy surveyed the boy, question marks in their heads, while Susan just rolled her eyes and rushed to the bench to collect her luggage, which was - of course - exactly where she had left them. The others did the same, and they scrambled on board the train at the last minute.

Edmund began rummaging frantically through his brown leather slingbag. "Do you think there's any way we could get back?" he asked, looking out and sweeping his eyes across the platform.

"I-I left my new torch in Narnia" he told them, sparking the laughter of the others. That's one less reminder of Amy... thought Edmund, forcing a fake smile to his siblings, hoping it was convincing enough. 

The train doors closed shut and the rumbling of engines begun again. Soon, with the steady chug chug chug of the train, it pulled off and disappeared into the dark tunnel.

Just this time, its final destination wasn't Narnia.

***

This chapter marks the end of this book. I know I mentioned in the previous chapter that there were two more parts left, but I decided to make some changes. I'M SO SORRY!

OMG but this is seriously the end of I'LL COME BACK tho! I feel so sad already! It's like my first book and now its over and I feel so empty.

BUT GUESS WHAT? This book has 2K reads!!! WOOHOO!!!!!! This is kind of the reason why I'm updating 12 hours earlier than usual, if that actually makes much of a difference XD

I would like to extend by gratitude to all readers who have read, voted and commented on this story. It really means a lot to me to see the numbers going up and the comments coming in. It is really the motivation and makes me want to publish more content and I am really thankful for it.

THANK YOU ALL READERS! 

Tricia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.4K 817 47
Sequel to "Stronger (The Chronicles Of Narnia)" Please read that first xx It's been a year. A year of happiness, fun, love and hope. But, on Edmund's...
253K 9.3K 61
āš˜ŗš˜°š˜¶ š˜¢š˜³š˜¦ š˜®š˜ŗ š˜Øš˜³š˜¢š˜·š˜Ŗš˜µš˜ŗ.āž ā”ā”ā”ā”ā”ā” š•®š–š–Žš–’š–†š–Šš–—š–† ą¼»ā though the world has kept us apart, this tether ...
3.7K 68 20
By hearing my title you think I'm some very special person in Narnia. Guess what...you're wrong. I'm just a girl nobody appreciates after what I did...
111K 2.1K 25
When the Pevensies return to Finchley they don't know how they'll cope without Narnia . That is until they bump into Arabella Greene a girl with a br...