The Self Worth Diet - Recipes...

By MaraShapshay

Welcome to my blog, The Self Worth Diet on Wattpad! Here you will find recipes, personal stories, articles t... More

How to Win A Nobel Peace Prize Everyday
Are You a Perpetual Victim? - 7 Ways to Stop Speaking Victimese
Living in the Grey - Seven Steps to Get Out of Negative Thinking
Amy Schumer's Healthy Body Image
My First Silent Retreat
Shapshay vs. Jenny Craig
Oprah's Gain to Weight Watcher's Losses
The Self Worth Diet's List of the Top Five Spiritual Retreats
Bridge to Reconciliation
The Women of Light in CIW Prison
An Icon Took Me In
Dresil - Sweet Rice Recipe
The Jokes on Me
Peach Cheesecake Muffins
The Honeymoon Lingerie That Outlasted My Marriage
Top Ten Ways to Improve Your Self Worth
Native American Code of Ethics
Sleeping with the Dalai Lama
Moonage Daydream Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
A Comedic Review of the Paleo Diet
30 of the Hardest Things That Must Be Done to Achieve Success
I Didn't Ask, He Didn't Tell
Are You "Shoulding" On Yourself?
10 Ways to Find Your True Soul Purpose
Marianne Williamson for Congress: Will It Take a Miracle For Her To Win?
"Life on Mars" Easy, Low-Cal Chicken Curry
Getting Over Disappointment in 12 Easy Steps!
The Homeless Serving The Homeless
It Ain't Personal: 7 Ways To Stop Taking Things So Damn Personally
This is What Real Women Look Like - Love Your Bodies, Ladies!
15 Things That Should NEVER Define Your Self Worth (c/o Mind, Body, Green)
How Many Divorcees Does It Take To Change A Light Bulb?
Physical Hunger vs. Emotional Hunger
In The Valley With Joel Osteen
My Experience at The Dalai Lama's 80th Birthday Celebration
Valentine's Day - Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes
Are You Aging Like a Fine Whine? How to Stop Obsessing About Your Age
Emmet Fox's Forgiveness Meditation
Rebecca Harrington's Ridiculous Beyonce Dieting Article
Losing Our Religion (and Journalism)
Gourmet Chocolate Cupcakes
My Divorce Made Me The Black Sheep
10 Meditations To Get Your Day Started
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue Features The First Plus Size Model!
The Difference Between Faith and Trust
What's Eating Us
Virtues Are The Golden Buddha Within Us All
New Study - Diets Don't Work (On the Obese or Anyone, Really)
Affirmations for Healthy Weight Loss
"Plus Size" Doesn't Equal Unhealthy
Oprah, She Eats Bread and Still Loses Weight!
U.S News Best Diets of 2015
Apple Caramel Cheesecake Bars
Are You a Supreme Judge in the Court of Life?
The Most Vulnerable Kids in L.A. County
Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe...EVER!
Amy Schumer Slams Glamour Magazine For Calling Her "Plus Size"
Grandma Mollie's Passover Sponge Cake
Flourless Chocolate-Orange Almond Cake
Coconut Macaroons With Chocolate Ganache
Food Shaming
Do You Live to Work?
25 Positive Affirmations That Will Change Your Life
The Biggest Gainers (Formerly The Biggest Losers)
Ashley Graham - A Little Cellulite Never Hurt Nobody
"Healthy" Foods You Shouldn't Be Eating
What Others Think About You Is None of Your Business
Eugene's Summer Lions Cut
American Flag Cheesecake Bars
On Female Obedience
The Break Through After the Break Down
Shame Eating
Raspberry Ricotta Cake
Anxiety is the New Black
Pumpkin Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
Getting Over Election Disappointment, In 10 Easy Steps
LA Magazine - Carrie Fisher Saved My Life
My Interview on "The Inside Shift" - Podcast
Keeping Carrie Fisher's Legacy Alive

Do It For The Kids

385 13 7
By MaraShapshay

I wrote this article for the Huffington Post about 3  years ago when I first started on this baby making process.  I've since remarried and have been trying to have a baby/babies for over 3 YEARS!  It's been the most heart breaking journey of my life filled with more ups and downs than someone with bi-polar disorder.  I can't tell you the amount of times I've wanted to punch pregnant women in the vagina out of envy and frustration.  Not proud of that but it's how I felt.

I've also hit a complete bottom with it recently and really I just need to let go and let God.  I also realize that this whole infertility thing is something I chose to go through before birth.  It's also not something I can control. 

It has been the worst and the best thing that has happened to me.  It made me forge harder down the spiritual path and I truly believe that I'm going through this to write about and help other people.  Pain is the touchstone of all growth after all.

So, enjoy this article about the very beginnings of my baby journey and if you're in a bad relationship and you want to have kids...leave and find the right relationship. 

please vote and comment as well. xoxoxo Mara

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This past Sunday, my stomach bungee jumped to my ankles when I watched this beautiful, young mother with her doting husband and their cherubic baby as they ate eggs benedict at brunch. Fine, I'm envious -- I always wanted my own Nicholas Sparks Sunday brunching scene, but that was not how it worked out.

I made sure to marry in my twenties so I could start a family in my thirties. I planned out my life to fit a very elaborate fairy tale. But, as they say, "God laughs at those who make plans."

What wasn't in my plan was being in a sexless marriage with a gay man who had more secrets than the CIA. I was too focused on my fantasy of a perfect marriage than reality. I did the worst thing one can do when they find themselves in a bad situation...I stayed.

I should never have married my husband because I wasn't sure about the relationship, but alas the preverbal clock was ticking -- I had babies to make. My marriage deteriorated faster than two-day-old bananas. Sex went from occasional to bi-yearly to me permanently sleeping on the couch in pajamas with cats on them.

I stayed in that marriage because of fear of being alone. As a wise friend said to me, "You can either be in fear or in faith." I chose the dark side, fear. I didn't have faith then.

My prime reproductive years were spent in this sex-less and love-less marriage. Meanwhile, my eggs were rapidly aging and would soon need to wear white shoes and retire to Florida to play shuffleboard.

When I finally left my husband I was 34. According to doctors and the media, I had one more year of prime baby making, after that; it would be an egg meets sperm in a petri dish kind of situation.

When you get divorced, it actually does divorce you from your things and turns your life upside down. At least that is what happened to me. 'm a big believer in grieving an old relationship before starting another. Otherwise, you take your hard Samsonite baggage into your next relationship.

I waited at least a year to start dating again, but honestly I wasn't ready even then. The fear that I wouldn't have children made me insane. Unfairly, every man that I dated became the future father of my children.

I feel really bad for one of my former boyfriends whom I put so much pressure on. I had to have surgery to remove 8 very large fibroids in my uterus that were just hanging out there causing havoc. Vic, my largest fibroid, was the leader and asserted dominance over the others. He took up almost my entire lady flower.

There was no way I could conceive much less carry a child to term with Vic and his army taking up residence in my wound, so I opted for the surgery. My poor boyfriend, all I could talk about was getting the surgery and then trying to conceive. You see the other thing about fibroids is that they usually grow back, plus I wasn't getting any younger...so now I didn't have a minute to waste!

I had my myomectomy done at UCLA, which is a teaching hospital, that means every resident, intern, and janitor saw my vagina. I was examined by more strangers than a Pekingese at The Westminster Dog show.

It was a tough recovery from the surgery. It took a good week just to walk to the front door and the pain was unbearable at night. I have a lovely scar on my bikini line that looks like a Google road map because I don't believe my surgeon could draw in a straight line.

I'd like to tell you that my relationship worked out, but it didn't. I had to come to terms that maybe having children just isn't in the cards for me and I had to surrender to that reality. Like I mentioned earlier, I can either be in fear or in faith. I have faith now. If having children or adopting is in store for me than that is what will happen.

If I could impart any advise to those women in unhappy or unhealthy marriages who want to have children -- don't stay, leave. "Do it for the kids"...your unborn kids.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3 0 1
You don't believe me anyways. You don't see me throwing away my inhibitions or filling up my online shopping cart. You don't see me diving into new...
1.2K 119 9
[Featured on WattpadAnthologies] ~"Non-fictional Anthologies" RL ~ 23/11/2020 [Featured on Stori...
20 0 17
It was October 2023, and my now-ex-fiance had moved out of our trailer for good. I decided to end our relationship and thought I had emotionally move...
248 37 36
People say it will get better. But to be fair, most of them never were in your place. They say you will get happy again, but how can they know? I've...