Resetting Our Love

By yourstrulytrina

"You know the good old days when we were joined at the hip? How about we just reset everything?" Jasper and S... More

Resetting Our Love
Chapter One: English
Chapter Two: Alright
Chapter Three: Burger Joint
Chapter Four: Drinking Fountain
Chapter Five: Stubborn
Chapter Six: Pathetic
Chapter Seven: Playground
Chapter Eight: Smile
Chapter Nine: Secret's Out
Chapter Ten: Puppy Dog Pout
Chapter Eleven: Script
Chapter Twelve: Stupid
Chapter Thirteen: Blue and Silver Balloons
Chapter Fourteen: Wall Of Shame
Chapter Fifteen: Life Of The Party
Chapter Sixteen: Hello To You Too
Chapter Seventeen: Smooth Jaguar (Jasper's POV)
Chapter Eighteen: Mistletoe
Chapter Nineteen: New Year's Fireworks
Chapter Twenty: The Reset Button
Chapter Twenty-One: Moments
Chapter Twenty-Two: Mini Pile
Chapter Twenty-Three: We're Not Romeo and Juliet
Chapter Twenty-Four: Pompom Waving Love Child
Chapter Twenty-Five: Cereal Salvation
Chapter Twenty-Six: Ice Cream or Pizza
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Bungee Jumping Promposal
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Spilled Coke
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Every Small Moment
Chapter Thirty: Makes Us Feel Alive
Chapter Thirty-One: Four Years
Chapter Thirty-Two: See You Soon
Epilogue: Thanksgiving

Bonus Chapter: His And Her

88.5K 3.1K 891
By yourstrulytrina

This is set during their college life.

Her POV

I hummed a random tune as I held my pen in between my fingers, my eyes on the notebook on my lap, and yet, my attention was on the pressed against my ear, listening to my boyfriend's deep voice.

"And then when I passed the ball to him, he threw it to the basket," he told enthusiastically, "It got in and we won the practice match."

"Really?" I grinned, genuinely happy for him. I didn't really care that much about basketball, but Jasper loved it and whatever makes him happy is enough to make me smile. In the end, he snagged the scholarship and is currently the front man of his college's team, making me extremely proud of him.

Whether it was the championships or simply a game he and his friends played for fun, he would always report the results with so much enthusiasm that I couldn't help but laugh.

At least one of us is enjoying their time.

When your days are packed with classes and the few moments of break that you have is filled with revising, you can't really say you're having a blast. Don't get me wrong, I do have a social life here and I do get invited to those parties and such, but that excitement quickly died down when it started to become more and more frequent.

He probably thought that I was gone because I didn't speak for too long so he called out my name, "Savannah?"

"I'm sorry," I said back, "I'm glad you won, Jasper."

"Are you alright?" he questioned.

"Yeah," I replied softly, "Just a little tired."

I could practically see him frown at my statement, one of the few things that I love about Jasper is that he's extremely caring. Even if I told him that I got a papercut, he'll be the one doing the panicking for me while I calmly wrap a band aid around it.

Looking down on my wristwatch, my eyes bulged out of their sockets when I realized that I'm about to become late to my lecture, "I got to go, Jasper, I still have class."

"Oh," he muttered, disappointment rolling off of his voice, "I'll call you tonight, okay?"

"Like always," I said before hanging up.

It was a routine, a good night call from Jasper would be the only thing that can put me to sleep even in the most stressful times. We've been doing this ever since we got separated, and that was a good few years ago. If there was a time that we wouldn't be able to take the call, we'll just text that everything was alright.

Just the assurance of his voice was already a sweet lullaby.

Stuffing my belongings back into my bag, I swung it on my shoulder before running to the hall where my class was being held in.

When I snuck inside, I saw that the professor was just about to start since he was still setting up his presentation. Sliding myself into an available desk, I zipped open my bag to get my textbook. When I didn't notice it there, I started digging for it before I suddenly remembered that I left it on my desk back in my dorm.

Letting out a slightly audible groan, I dropped my bag on the floor with a huff after setting up my notebook and pen. Suddenly, I felt someone tap on my shoulder, making me look at my side.

The guy seated next to me placed his textbook on top of my desk, "I have a feeling you're going to need it more than I will."

"No need," I politely declined. I don't really have the heart to make him understand the lesson less just because of a careless mistake.

He shook his and insisted, "I already read the chapter so it's alright."

I was still hesitant but with his kind smile, I finally gave in and turned to the page that the professor was talking about, making sure I jotted down some notes.

An hour and a half passed by and the professor concluded the lecture, turning off his presentation and making a move to erase his writings on the board.

I closed the textbook and handed it back to its owner, "You're a big help, is there any way that I can repay you?"

"No problem," he muttered, "But how about getting coffee with me as a thank you."

Red alert.

Now, this can go two ways. One, he might end up thinking that it was going to be a date or he simply just wanted a coffee and a chat.

The amount of guys who approached me asking me to get coffee with them is too damn high, I'm about to graduate and I know from experience that most of them are expecting something more from that little coffee chat.

I used to work in a café, I watched first-hand people's tactics of getting a date over a caffeinated drink.

Though that could be just me being assuming. In my defense, I'm very guarded when it comes to these things.

"You did ask if you can repay me," he reminded and sighed.

Maybe it would have been better if I didn't accept that textbook.

Packing my belongings and stood up, giving him a nod of defeat and he grinned, gesturing to the door, "After you, m'lady."

"Please don't call me that," I told him, making sure I had this lighthearted tone.

Only Jasper can call me that without making pissed.

He shrugged and we went on our way to this coffee shop that was inside the university. Small, homely, and warm.

"Two regulars please," he ordered at the counter as I went on to find us a seat. Luckily, there was a group of students who were just about to leave so I easily claimed their table when they were gone.

My hand instinctively reached out and felt the ring currently being held up by a chain around my neck. There was not a day that I didn't wear this, no matter where I went, I held on to Jasper's promise. Just a few more months and the wait will be over.

The guy came back with a tray holding two white mugs of coffee. He set it down on the table before plopping down on the chair right across from mine, "I just realized I haven't caught your name."

"Savannah," I introduced myself, "And you are?"

"Chris," he answered, pushing my mug towards me.

"Money," I remembered, taking out my wallet to pay him back.

He shook his head, declining the cash, "My treat."

Yup, red alert indeed.

"This is supposed to be payback," I reminded him, slapping a five dollar bill on the table, sliding it to him, "You don't have to give me the change."

Patience, Savannah, don't snap yet.

He slowly sipped his coffee before speaking, "Look, I don't want to beat around the bush so..."

Oh god, this is where I stop him.

"I have a boyfriend," I declared and he paused, blinking towards me.

I know I shouldn't have made it last this long, but how else could I bring it up without sounding to assuming?

To my complete surprise, he said, "Okay, congrats."

Huh? He seems chill about this.

"I was about to ask Aaron, that guy you share marketing class with," he continued on, "Is he single?"

Excuse me?

When I remained unresponsive, trying to comprehend what he was saying, he cleared his throat before clarifying, "I'm gay."

I slammed my head on the table, taking him completely by surprise. I don't know whether to laugh or to scream, but all I can confirm is that I feel completely stupid.

"Is that a no?" I heard.

Lifting my gaze, I offered him a tight lipped smile, "How about I get myself a pastry first and then I'll help you."

I really need the damn sugar.

His POV

"Come on Jasper," one of the boys said as I threw the ping pong ball which landed straight into the opponent's cup. My side cheered, watching as the guy downed his beer before clumsily missing one of the red cups laid in front of me.

Another victory, another party.

He was almost done and I only managed to drink two cups. Smirking, I watched as he held up his hands in surrender, admitting defeat, making my teammates cheer. Taking one of the untouched cups, I walked away from the table, drinking it slowly.

I saw the group that usual hang out with lounging by pool and I sat at one of the available chairs. They also said their hellos and gave me those random high fives, "Heard you totally bagged beer pong."

I chuckled, lifting up my red cup with a nod, "Was there a doubt?"

I do admit that after entering college, the frat parties that I was invited to gradually increase. By my fourth year here, this was no longer an unfamiliar scene. The people here are strangely easy to get along with and even though we have a few stumbles here and there, everything is smooth sailing.

"We were just talking about going out during the break," one said, "Why don't you join us?"

Just when I was about to speak, a friend of mine swung an around my shoulder and laughed, "This fella is going home to his girlfriend."

"Oh, the sexy, mature, and older girlfriend," the girl huffed, leaning back against the lounge chair.

When I accidentally let it slip that I was already dating someone, they started joking that this girlfriend of mine was all those three.

Well, technically they weren't wrong. Savannah really is amazing looking, maybe mature when it comes to it, and she is older... by a month and a half.

But it's really amusing when they talk like that. Only I know what she's really like.

Temperamental, a little sensitive, and sometimes out of it. But she's also smart, caring, and an all-around kind of girl. Have I mentioned she's studying under a scholarship to one of the best universities out there?

Not to brag but, that's my girl.

"Are you sure she even loves you Jasper," the girl said, casually sipping her drink, "You two have been separated for years, how are you sure she's not cheating on you?"

I kept my mouth shut, not because I was doubtful but because I was using my self-control to make sure I didn't snap at her. I'd rather stay quiet than to suddenly yell at her or do something horrible just because of some mere words.

I trust Savannah, and I'm honored to have her trust.

"If she's really as pretty as you say, then she surely has this long line of men after her," she continued on, "You seem tired, Jasper, I think you're putting more than its worth."

Is she provoking me? If she is, then it's working.

My voice was low, probably because I was using my willpower to make sure it was still leveled, "If you say any more, I'll be mad."

My tone was more menacing than I expected and that quickly shut the group up. Realizing what I just did, I set down my red cup and stood up, "I'm going back to my room."

I all but slammed my door of my dorm room. It was so tiny, only fit for one, but I didn't have much of choice since is this is the kind of free room you would get if you were part of the team here. At least you didn't have to pay the overpriced dorms that most students were offered with.

Crashing down on my bed, I reached into my pocket and called up the one person who I know will be able to calm me down.

"Hello," I could hear her quiet and tired voice ring from the other line.

"Did I wake you up?" I questioned, afraid that she might have already been asleep. We already talked before I left for the party so unlike the other times, she wasn't just waiting for a call.

"No," she answered, "I was studying, but my roommate is asleep."

You know, I could just listen to her voice and I can already calm down. She can talk about anything and everything, and I wouldn't get tired. I feel relaxed just by knowing that she's still there. I wouldn't admit it, but there was always a part of me that was afraid.

I know she's loyal, but I don't the guys around her are willing to listen to her.

She quickly sensed my uneasiness just from my tone, "Are you alright Jasper?"

Turning to my side, I shook my head as if she could see, "I miss you."

I heard her shift and move, a few rustles came through and when she started peaking again, it was in a normal volume so I presume that she went outside of her dorm, "What happened?"

"Nothing," I sighed, "Tell me about your day."

Though she was hesitant, she started retelling the happenings she went through. About her class, her annoying professors, how her roommate was so loud even though she was studying, but the moment when she said another guy's name, I froze.

"Chris gave me his textbook and we went out for coffee," she laughed.

Who the hell is this Chris guy?

I shot up from my lying position as I tried to tell myself that this was nothing. She's loyal, she won't doing anything behind your back. Just take deep breaths, he's just a friend, there's nothing else there is to it.

"He even paid for my mug," she informed, her tone light and happy, "He was so sweet."

So hold up, someone's making a move on my Savannah?

Maybe that chuck was right, Savannah may be good, but I have no idea what can those boys do to her. I've always assured myself that no one can go near because she's quite a spitfire and will literally just turn her back on you if she wasn't interested, but how come this is happening.

Damn it, we survived more than three years like this and only when on the last year did we start having problems?!

I went and open the drawer beside my bed, opening the lamp so I could have a clear view. I pushed away some knickknacks and other pieces of paper so I could see the box that I've hidden in there to keep safe.

Reaching out for it, I flipped it open and examined the ring that I've bought for her. I plan to ask her the ultimate question on graduation, but now, I have this underlying fear that my plans wouldn't go through as I imagined.

I looked down, box still clutched in my hand. The jewel there shone when it reflected the light from the lamp, and the grip I had on it was slowly loosening.

I don't want to lose her.

"Jasper!" I heard her snap through the phone, "Are you even listening?!"

"Yeah, Chris is a great guy," I muttered bitterly.

With an audible sigh, she spoke, "Yeah, and I think he and Aaron will hit it off. They're both amazing guys."

Oh so now there's an Aaron. Any more to add to the list?

You know what? This is my fault for asking her to tell me about her day in the first place.

"I'm sure they'll keep you entertained while I'm gone," I spat.

Clever as always, she quickly got the hint and her story died. With a relaxed voice, she concluded, "Well, at least I know now that you weren't paying attention."

Huh?

"Chris is gay and I'm helping him get together with Aaron," she explained, "Did you seriously think I was going to cheat on you?"

Well, now I feel incredibly stupid.

"No, it's just that you... some guys... and this girl," I tried to say, fumbling around with my words. When I realized I was making no sense, I let out a groan of defeat before apologizing, "I'm sorry."

"You know I love you, Jasper," she stated without a hint of hesitation, "And you know I'm yours."

My gaze went back down on the ring and I felt myself getting emotional. The once loosening grip on the box tightened and I nodded, "Yeah, I love you too."

"Please endure a few more months," she pleaded, "I'll be waiting for you."

I don't what the hell I did right, but thank you god for rewarding me with this girl.

"Get some rest," she said, "I'll call you tomorrow."

And with that, she hung the phone up and I carefully placed mine on the bedside table. Examining the ring, I smiled. Just a few more months and we'll be back by each other's side, and in just a few more months, I hoped she'll be my fiancé.

The future has always been blurry for us, but we've managed to get through with it.

---------------------------

Dear You,

There are many things that I want to thank you for, and giving me the inspiration to write this is one of them. We used to be so close, and I know that it was my fault that we drifted apart. This was supposed to be a very long letter to you, it was thirty-two chapter long! You tried, but I just pushed you away, but on our last year of high school, we became friends again.

I liked you and you liked one of my best friends. Just like Savannah, I just cut off all ties to stop myself. In the end, it was nothing but pure regret.

What's funny is that I wrote this before our fourth year, and when we were finally in speaking terms, I let my two characters get together. This story ran as we did, it had the same pace as ours. I know we were still rocky, but on graduation, you didn't even say goodbye.

And that was the reason why I wanted to quit writing this. Our story is good as done, but I just thought of my readers and pushed through anyway. I opted for a happy ending, because they deserve that after all the waiting I put them through. So now, I'm still close with one of your best friends who informed me of a few things and all I want to say to you is:

Fuck you. Leche flan ka ba? Kasi nakakaletse ka! 

Have a nice life and good riddance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

524 35 16
After 1.5 years of their break up, Aarushi and Aryan find themselves in front of each other, again, at a place where neither of them dreamt to be in...
10.4K 232 15
"I always fall for somebody that seems nice, then my heart breaks right after. I just don't want to go through the same mistakes again." • Take a loo...
5.9K 257 22
Tatum's last semester at Utah School Of Arts is going pretty practical as she is focused on her studies but will someone confess the love that they a...
34.9K 1.1K 41
Nikki and Myles have been bestfriends since kindergarten. Now going into their senior year Nikki starts to get these feelings she's never felt before...