Black Rose || Dave East (Book...

By GenHope

A lot of people don't get as many opportunities at success & even friendship as Dave and Bernice did. David B... More

Chapter 1: Get Re-Acquainted
Chapter 2: The Things We Don't Say
Chapter 3: Flinching Heart
Chapter 4: Everything Lit
Chapter 5: Blooming Alone
Chapter 6: Deflowered
Chapter 7: Ghost from Dating Past
Chapter 8: I Feel You, Feel Me
Chapter 9: Poetry in the Blood
Chapter 10: Bring a Friend
Chapter 11: Believe it is Yours
Chapter 12: The Letter
Chapter 13: Find Something Real
Chapter 14: Everyone Matters
Chapter 15: It Can Be Yours
Chapter 16: To Be Continued
Chapter 18: #Christmas
Chapter 19: New Year, New Me
Chapter 20: It's All Love
Chapter 21: Violent Flower
Chapter 22: Meant to End
Chapter 23: When We Were Young
Chapter 24: Those Bad Days
Chapter 25: No Time To Breathe
Chapter 26: Waiting Game
Chapter 27: Reality Hurts
Chapter 28: Fear is the Illusion
Chapter 29: Nothing More, Nothing Less
Chapter 30: More You, Please
Chapter 31: Gentle Madness
Chapter 32: Flames Stay Inside
Chapter 33: Distractions
Chapter 34: The Problem
Chapter 35: I Need More
Chapter 36: Ride Life Like the Wave
Chapter 37: Precious Ruby
Chapter 38: Go Mad
Chapter 39: The Color of Love
Chapter 40: Past That
Book 2: Gold Petals

Chapter 17: Nothing is Something

44.4K 1.8K 1K
By GenHope

Dave | A month later

I was finally back in New York after my mini tour. It was a couple of days shy of being Christmas, so I came back right on time. I was at the airport waiting for Nyemiah to pick me up. While I was gone Nyemiah and I got pretty close by texting all day and facetiming or talking on the phone at least once a day. For once a chick was being straight up with me about what she wants. A car pulled up to me and she got out. She hugged me super tight then for the first time we kissed. "I missed you!" she said pulling away from me.

"I missed you too. Can we go? It's cold then a bitch out here!" One thing I can say was I didn't miss this NY winter weather. She laughed then I put my bags in the trunk. As she drove I texted Bernice. I hadn't really spoken to her much since I left. From what I saw on both her and Trey's instagrams they were in an actual relationship now. That probably had something to do with us barely speaking. Bernice was the type to disappear when she got somebody.

Me: I'm back!!

BB: Finally! I was beginning to think you were never coming back, big head. Want to come over 2night for dinner? I'll cook something.

Me: Yeah, I'd love that

BB: What do you want?

Me: Fried chicken!

BB: Black ass lol alright I got you. 6ish?

Me: I'll be there

I locked my phone then Nyemiah reached over touching my face gently. "I'm glad you're back. It was nice getting to know you from afar, but I'm glad we can see each other in person now."

"Same here."

"When we get to your place I want to show you something..Well, more like give you something."

I smiled, "Whatchu gonna give me?!"

"You'll see!" She said looking at me smirking.

"I think I'm going to like this. Got a nigga excited!" She laughed.

---

I definitely did like what Nyemiah gave me. What man wouldn't like lingerie and that first time sex? It wasn't just sex that shit was kinda special. Like I'm really feeling her. I must be because I cuddled with her. Now I wasn't at the level where I'd kiss her first, but if she kissed me it's whatever. At about 5 she left going back to Queens then I drove to Manhattan to Bernice's condo. When she let me in she practically jumped in my arms screaming, "Dave! I missed you."

I laughed. "Did you really miss me or are you putting on a show? It didn't seem like you missed me. You never texted or called me while I was gone."

"I know. I've been busy with work. The food's almost ready."

I sat down on the couch while she went to the kitchen. "Why is yo ass lying?! You didn't seem busy while you was all over the gram with Trey."

"Oh, shut up!"

"Naw, forreal. Y'all togetha now?"

"Yup."

"I thought.." I cleared my throat preparing to mimic her, "I'm not looking for love!"

She laughed. "I don't sound like that! I guess things change." She said shrugging.

"I guess they do. Well then I guess I'll tell you I'm sort of kinda talking to someone."

"Sort of kinda or are you?"

"I am" I smiled.

"Somebody's happy! We should have a double date, so I can meet this chick."

"Are you going to be mean to her?"

"No, I promise. I just want to meet her before it gets serious, so then if I don't like her it'll be easier to get rid of her." She laughed. "I'm just kidding. I'll play nice."

"You're not joking at all, so no."

"I am. I promise. I'll be nice if you set up a double date. You, me, Trey, and this girl."

"Okay, fine. We can do it sometime next weekend."

She nodded. "Food's ready!" I sat at the counter on a bar stool. She put a plate in front of me and poured me juice. Fried chicken, macaroni & cheese, greens, and a biscuit. I prayed then began devouring it. "You better hope your future girl can cook because you eat like a pig." She shook her head.

"If she can't I'll just come to your house for dinner every night."

"Hell no!"

"Some best friend you are. How do you like you and Trey's relationship so far?" I asked in between bites.

"It's been chill so far for the most part. I wish he wasn't always buying me stuff, but I quit arguing and just take it now. I'm really not sure this'll go that far, but enjoying each other's company is enough."

"What else did he buy you? This food good then mutha fucka!"

"Quit talking with your mouth full, but thank you." She laughed, "He bought me clothes, shoes, bags, all that stuff I can buy myself. I didn't even want our relationship to be public, but he posted me on his instagram."

"You're lucky he's even claiming your ass in this industry. Especially when he's Trey Songz, someone who's for the ladies. Quit complaining and enjoy the ride, Bernice."

She sighed, "I'm trying."

Bernice

Dave and I were watching tv when Trey walked in. As soon as he saw Dave his facial expression changed. Ever since Dave left it's really been just Trey and I. I went to thanksgiving dinner with him and his family and we were basically a couple from that day on. I haven't talked to Robb in awhile either. Trey and Dave sent a head nod towards each other. I'm guessing they're still not cool. Trey went to the kitchen and Dave stood up. "I think I'm going to get going." I already knew it was because Trey was here.

"You don't have to."

"Naw, I gotta go see my mom. She's probably pissed I wasn't at her place waiting when she got off of work."

"Okay, let me know about that double date."

"Alright. And since when did Trey get a key?" Dave whispered.

"It's supposed to only be for emergencies. In case something happens to me since I don't really have family."

"Then I should get a key too. I'm basically family. I've known you longer!"

"It's just a key, Dave. Don't turn this into a competition. Goodnight, David." I pushed him out of the door locking it. As soon as I turned around Trey was there scaring me and making me jump.

"Why was he here?" Trey asked.

"He just got back in town, so I made him dinner. I said the key is only for emergencies, Trey."

"I saw his car here and I was making sure you were okay. It was an emergency. You never know."

"Do I need to take the key back? If you're going to abuse it then I will."

"I'm not abusing it. I was looking out for you! And Bernice I don't want you hanging out with him anymore."

"Who?" I asked making sure he really wasn't making such a stupid request.

"Who else? Dave."

"And why not?"

"Because I'm not comfortable with you hanging out with someone you've had sex with."

"So that's why you walked your ass right in here? You were trying to catch me and him doing something we weren't supposed to be doing. That was years ago and it only happened once, Trey."

"Once is enough for it to happen again."

"I'm not going to stop being his friend just because you want me to. He's my best friend and I've known him since middle school. Way longer than you. He's the reason you know me and we're together quite frankly. Or have you forgotten?"

"I remember. He said the same thing to me. Sometimes I think you and Dave are the same person the way y'all talk. It doesn't mean I'm comfortable with you twos friendship. So you're not going to stop hanging out with him?"

"No, Tremaine!"

"Well I'm out then." He grabbed his keys leaving. I sighed sitting on the couch. Him leaving means he was really mad. For the last month Trey and I had slept in the same bed every night. I got used to it and now he left.

Dave

After I left Bernice's I went to my mother's. When I got there she was watching tv still in her work uniform. "Where have you been?" She said as soon as I stepped in.

"With a friend then I went to Bernice's for dinner."

"A friend? I guess I'm not priority anymore. You were gone a month and didn't come here first. I might've been at work, but your ass should've been here waiting on me to get home!"

"Sorry, ma. Quit being dramatic!" I said chuckling then hugging her. I sat on the chair across from her.

"Now that you're back, you gonna visit Bully?"

"Yeah" I said deeply sighing. A week after I left Bully went on trial for the gun charge and was found guilty. He got 3 years, which was more than what I thought he was going to get. They didn't have any evidence it was his, so I was thinking 2 years tops. I cried when I found out Bully got locked. He didn't deserve this. Now he's at Riker's Island serving his time and they're trying to find me a manager I'm comfortable with. If it's not Bully I don't want 'em.

"I also talked to your Aunt Michelle and she told me you haven't really been by there since Malik died. Your cousins and Malik's baby mother said the same thing. I noticed you barely go to Queensbridge now."

"Too hard." I said scratching my head.

"Dave, I know it's hard. It's only been 4 months now since Malik died and 6 months since your Aunt Kaye died, but don't you think you should check on them. Especially Malik's son, Malachi. Before I couldn't even keep you in Harlem. You would do whatever you had to do to let me let you go over there. Just go over and check on everybody."

I nodded my head. I hadn't been to Queensbridge since I did that interview with Karen Civil and even then I avoided going to visit any of them. She was right. I really need to check on my cousins, after all their mom died. I also needed to check on my god-son, Malachi.

The next morning

I took what my mom said into consideration and decided to go to Queensbridge. I went to see my cousins first and it felt weird being in my aunt's house when she isn't there.

My Aunt Kaye was just like my mom. Kind, loving, and hilarious. If I wasn't at Malik's I was here. Even after I came back to New York after being in Bmore I stayed with her until I got my own place because I didn't want to go back and stay under my mother. My aunt was just as supportive as my mother. She let me set a studio up in her basement and my second mixtape was even recorded there. Then in June she died after having a heart attack out of nowhere. That shit hurt because nobody was expecting that. Apparently she had been having health problems, but didn't tell anybody. I just wish I could hug her again.

After I left there I went to Malik's baby mother's, Melissa. Malik started dating her a year and a half ago and it surprised the shit out of everybody. Freaky with a girlfriend? This can't be real. You had to be something special to get passed the just smashing stage with him and she was. She held Freaky down no matter what and was loyal. When you see chicks like her you knew good women existed. When Malik found out she was pregnant he was so happy he was going to be a father. Before he even got the chance to be one someone took him from us and his child. Melissa made me the god-father and I was honored, but I've been sucking at it because I didn't come around much.

Melissa brought Malachi out and gave him to me. "Yo, this little nigga starting to look just like Lik!"

She laughed. "Don't call my son a little nigga, Dave. But yeah he does. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. A daily reminder of Lik." She sighed.

"Yeah, I can understand that. How old is he now?"

"3 months now." Malachi was born a month after Malik was killed. I was there at his birth and the first month then stopped really coming around.

"Wow, crazy. I'm sorry I haven't been coming around."

"It's okay. I know you're busy becoming a star!" She laughed, "It's crazy what can happen in a year. When I met you your buzz was only in Harlem now it's spreading. I'm proud of you."

"Thanks, sis! I brought you and Malachi some stuff." I handed her the bag that held clothes, shoes, and money. After spending some time with her I left and went to Southside Jamaica Queens to Nyemiah's. I was laying on the couch and she was laying on me. "Oh, my best friend wants to go on a double date with me, you, her and her boyfriend. You down for dat?"

"Sure, that's fine. Bernice?"

"Yeah."

"You two are still friends after all these years?"

"We just became friends again not too long ago. Before that we hadn't spoken to or seen each other in 8 years."

"Wow, that's crazy. When you used to always come to the class with her I always thought you were her boyfriend.."

"Naw, just my best friend. You used to notice me?"

"Yeah, how could I not? You were the only boy coming among a class of girls and waiting parents."

"True. I usually came from basketball practice so we could go home together. Now that I remember it you did seem mad young."

She laughed. "Yeah, I was in middle school and I think you guys were in high school."

"Yup, we were."

It was silent for a minute then she said, "Can I tell you something?" I nodded my head yes. "You know Tristan, right? Mack Wilds?"

"Yeah, been knowing him for awhile now. Why?"

"We used to date. I just wanted to tell you before anybody else did."

I looked at her shocked. Most chicks will wait until that awkward moment when you're in the same room as him to tell you. She didn't even have to tell me because we're not exclusive. That just made me like her even more. "Thanks for telling me especially since I have a show with him on Saturday."

"No problem. Just wanted to save any future awkward moments from happening." I could've took that opportunity to tell her about some of the things that have happened between Bernice and I, but I decided not to. To me there was nothing to tell.

Bernice

Trey left that night and never came back. I texted and called with no response, so I decided to drive over to his place in the city. I had a key to his place as well. Yes, after only a month of dating we had the keys to each other's place. I walked in to hear music blasting. I started yelling his name when he came out of his bedroom with no shirt on and long polo pajama pants on. He smacked his lips. "What are you doing here? I said the key is just for emergencies." He said mimicking me from the night before.

"It was an emergency. You weren't answering my calls or texts. Don't you think we need to talk?"

"Not really. We talked last night. You said what you said, I didn't like your answer, so I left."

"Do you realize what you asked me to do? Not once has my relationship with Dave made you think something was going on. You're being paranoid because you found out something that happened years ago when I was 18, Trey. Nothing is going on between us or ever will." I was slightly lying because when Trey and I were not in a relationship yet we kissed. But that didn't need to be brought up.

"I would feel a lot better about this whole thing if Dave had a girlfriend or something."

"If it makes you feel better he has a little situation now. Also, um, next weekend I said we would go on a double date with them. Come and you'll see for yourself then you two can be friends again." I smiled hopefully.

"Alright, fine!" I clapped hugging him. I kissed him saying thank you. "You owe me some ass tonight! Had me sleeping alone and shit." He said cupping my butt in his hands.

"You had yourself sleeping alone because you left, not me. But I do owe you a little somethin'." I kissed him and he picked me up making me laugh taking me to the living room.

Do you think Trey overreacting and being insecure? Hm, Nyemiah dated Mack..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27K 1.3K 42
East, one of the biggest kingpins in known to New York. Lost his connect when he decided to pursue war with the Hernandez brother who Had just reloca...
300K 12.5K 135
Aaliyah Fenty is a 21year old student currently attending the USC campus. She was born in the limestone island of Barbados and was raised in Harlem...
The Killing Game By em ♡

Mystery / Thriller

15.2K 3.2K 38
"Let's play a game, yeah? I ask you a question and if you don't give me the correct answer, you get shot. I like to call it the killing game," I smir...