Silent Love (PUBLISHED)

By OutOfMyLimit17

Carter Miller has always been in the spotlight. When your parents happen to be a rich CEO and a famous author... More

Prologue
Characters
Chapter 1...
Chapter 2...
Chapter 3...
Chapter 4...
Chapter 6...
Chapter 7...
Chapter 8...
Chapter 9...
Chapter 10...
Chapter 11...
Chapter 12...
Chapter 13...
Chapter 14...
Chapter 15...
Chapter 16...
Chapter 17...
Chapter 18...
Chapter 19...
Chapter 20...
Chapter 21...
Chapter 22...
Chapter 23...
Chapter 24...
Chapter 25...
NEW STORY!
Chapter 26....
Chapter 27....
Chapter 28...
Chapter 29....
Chapter 30...
Chapter 31...
The Hidden Shadow!
Chapter 32...
Chapter 33...
Release Day!
Chapter 34...
Chapter 35...
Chapter 36....
RELEASE DAY 2!
Chapter 37....
Chapter 38....
Chapter 39...
Chapter 40...
Chapter 41...
Chapter 42...
NOT AN UPDATE!!
Chapter 43....
Chapter 44...
Chapter 45...
Chapter 46....
Chapter 47...
Chapter 48...
Chapter 49...
Epilogue Part 1....
Epilogue Part 2...
Bonus Chapter 1...
Bonus Chapter 2...
Bonus Chapter 3...
HUGE NEWS
COVER+PRE-ORDER!
PUBLISHED!!

Chapter 5...

243K 6.2K 1.6K
By OutOfMyLimit17

Not Edited! 

Dedicated to K_A_E159 for being so sweet! And giving me great advice! <3 <3

Carters outfit above. I forgot who sent me this but thank you!! 

Song on the side is a version of Justin Bieber's song Love Yourself. I am obsessed with it! 

(Sorry about long A/N at the end but go read!) 

Of course like every first day of school, I didn't sleep. I tossed and turned the entire time only dozing off for a little while before snapping awake. So when my alarm went off at 6 o'clock I groaned. I wasn't ready to get up and having gotten use to sleeping in until at least 8 during the summer I was tired. Of course though the moment I realized it was the first day of college I jumped right out of bed.

I quickly made my way to the shower down the hall wanting to look my best for the big day. I knew practically every girl would be doing the same thing as me today. Then give it a week of dressing up and I'll be back in my sweats. As I washed my long brown hair I thought over my class schedule already memorizing it. My first class at 8-10 was English 243. My second class 11-12 was Art 111B. And my final class of the day at 2-3:00 was Math 200. (I honestly don't know what class codes there are. Every school is different, so just go with it.)

My schedule wasn't too hard this semester. I only went to classes Monday's, Wednesday's,  and Thursday's. I only had 2 classes on Wednesday and 1 on Thursday. I wanted to make sure this semester wasn't too stressful for it is my first. Rather have a 'laid' back one and next semester do more classes, that way I have a feel for college. So I was only taking 5 classes. 

Hoping out of the shower I wrapped a towel around my frame and looked in the mirror. My blue eyes were shining with what looked like excitement and nervousness. I stared at myself for a few minutes. I definitely had my mothers face, but where as hers is beautiful I was pretty at best. Not wanting to waste anymore time in here and knew Macey still had to get up I went back to my room to throw on something.

I threw back on my pi's before making my way to Macey's room. She was not the easiest person to wake up. I knew she slept through her alarm or she probably didn't even set one knowing I would get her up. Since both of us had classes at 8 today I was in charge of getting us up with plenty of time to get ready. Going over to her sleeping form I found her shoulder under all the covers and started shaking it.

"Mace get up." I said slowly making my voice louder. She groaned from under the mountain of covers. "Macey if you don't get up now you will be late, I'm not waiting for you." When I felt her move and groan again I knew she was up. "I'm done with the shower so go get in." Turning I left her room and headed back to mine.

The clock on my bedside table said it was 6:30 am. I had plenty of time to get ready and make my way to English building. Going over to my closet I heard Macey stumbling down the hallway to the bathroom. Shaking my head I started to figure out what I am going to wear. The first day of school as usual you wanted to dress up. Wanted to show everyone how the summer 'changed' you and show off the new clothes you got. And for most girls it was to show off the tan they got which meant as little clothing as they could.

I leafed through some of the clothes I had in my closet. Everything I saw I didn't like. Usually I wasn't that picky about my outfit but what if there were cute guys in my classes? I mean I wasn't looking to date anyone, beside Ethan of course, but it didn't hurt to look good. You never know at college.

Huffing I moved to my chest of drawers after not finding anything. I kept moving back and forth between outfits when Macey walked into my room clad in a robe. Not saying a word she headed for my closet grabbed a shirt then went to grab a pair of pants. Once she had what she wanted she threw it at me before leaving to her own room.

"Thank you!" I yelled after her glancing at the stuff in my hands. I was so thankful Macey was so much like Aunt Kay in the fashion department. Not second guessing her I stripped out of my pjs. Macey picked out a pair of tan skinny jeans, and a teal blousey shirt that had black lace at the top. Once I had wiggled myself into the jeans I put the blouse on. Macey definitely knew her clothes.

She got that from Aunt Kay who even let Macey design a few clothes for her shop. Although Mace was good at that she didn't want to follow in her mothers footsteps. So becoming a Chemical Engineer was what she decided. It helped that she got a 32 out of 36 on the ACT. Which was impossible if you ask me!

Once I was dressed I headed back into the bathroom to finish up my hair and makeup. I didn't want to look like I was trying too hard so I was going to go with simply curling my hair and little makeup. With the curling wand heating up I started on my makeup. When I was half way through Mace walked in looking more awake now.

"How did you sleep?" I asked putting the finishing touch of my lipstick.

"Okay until you came screeching into my room." She muttered. I rolled my eyes at her. I moved out of her way to curl my hair while she did her own makeup.

"So you have Math first class right?"

"Sadly yes, then I have Chemistry." Her tone got excited at Chemistry. I knew she didn't really mind having math because she was so good at it, the only big deal was it was at 8. She is literally the only person that is excited about science. Don't get me wrong I like science but not as much as her. 

"When do you have a break for lunch?" I asked. I should know this but after agonizing over my own schedule I forgot about hers. When we both got in and went to apply for classes we made sure to have at least one class together which was Psychology on Wednesday. But other than that we didn't have the same for our majors were different.

"I think I have from 12:30 to 1:30 or so." She commented. I continued on curling my hair, something I had gotten really good at and didn't need a mirror. That was practically my only talent in the fashion beauty world.

"I'm free from 1:00 to 2:00. Well at least we can see each other for half an hour." I shrugged slightly sad about that.

"Yeah and the game is at 8 so we have plenty of time to get dinner and get ready."

"Luke and I are probably meeting up around 4 for our ritual, then we can go get dinner while he gets ready." I smiled thinking of our ritual. We couldn't stop doing it now, we have been doing it since high school. I made a mental reminder to text him in just a little bit to make sure we were on.

"That sounds good." We quickly finished up what we were doing. Standing next to Mace's short frame I looked at my curled hair. I looked good, as good as I was going to get anyways. Macey's short light brown hair was naturally slightly wavy and framed her face. Her makeup was like mine with only a little to make it look like I tried.

"Want to go grab a coffee before class?" I asked. We still had about 45 minutes and that was if we wanted to be early so we had plenty of time.

"Sure." We left the bathroom and headed to our own rooms. "Wear those black booties!" She yelled over her shoulder at me. Following her advice I grabbed the semi new black heeled booties I bought a little bit ago. Lacing them on I went over to my full length mirror. Mace definitely did good with my outfit. I looked cute yet casual.

Happy with my appearance I moved around my room gathering all the stuff I needed. I had my purse/bag and a backpack I was going to carry today. I know backpacks were more high school than college but it would hold everything I would need for class. It was the first day anyways I will figure out if it worked or something better later on.

Yesterday when we got back from dinner with Amy I put everything I needed in my backpack. I didn't want to do it this morning and forget something. In it was 3 notebooks, multiple pencils and pens, I had some folders, another notebook that was for my drawings as well as my drawing kit, and of course the required textbook for my English class. I was maybe a little over prepared but as my dad always says "Better to be over prepared than under". Checking that and my bag to make sure I had money, lipstick, gum, and keys. Grabbing my phone I took one last glance around my room before meeting Macey by the front door.

As we left the dorm building and made our way to 95 degrees I noticed there were a lot of students already making their way to classes. There are plenty of classes that started earlier but I was lucky enough to be able to sleep a few extra hours. I probably won't get up as early as I did today but I wanted to make sure I had plenty of time.

Last night while we ate dinner with Amy she told us her schedule. She wants to be a marine biologist so we didn't have the same classes. But we promised we would make sure to see each other. We definitely will tonight at the football game. It was the first game of the season and I bet it was going to be packed. Thanks to Luke and Ethan though, and maybe my father, we were able to get tickets to every home game and in the front row.

Walking to the cafe I quickly sent Luke a text reminding him about our ritual today and sent ones to both of my parents telling them I was heading to class and I would call them later. They were both up by now and I bet were already biting at the bit to text me.

When we reached 95 degrees and walked in I was glad we decided to come here now. The line wasn't terribly long but enough to make us wait a little bit. The seats were slowly filling up. This place definitely did great business.

"Damn this must be the place to come." Macey whispered by my side.

"It is. I haven't seen another coffee place and they make good food."

"I have a feeling we are going to be here a lot." I grinned over at her.

"Not going to lie. Probably will. But promise to me we won't gain the freshman 15?"

"Definitely. If I see some on you I will force you to go run a few miles." She said.

"What about you?"

"Me gain weight? I don't think so."

"So just me? Making only me work out?"

"Yep." She popped.

"That's not fair."

"Car life isn't fair. I thought I taught you this in high school." She turned to me with a grin. I laughed softly at her.

A few minutes later it was finally our turn to order. Since I paid yesterday for all the coffee's Macey got mine for me. Even though I knew I should get something to eat I was too nervous at the moment. But I did grab an apple to put in my bag for later.

"So how about we met up here around 1? Sound good?" Mace asked as we moved to the side to wait for our drinks.

"Sounds good to me. Although we probably should look for another place here on campus to eat. They will get sick of us here." I said as I watched more people come in. "So when is Amy's 'lunch break'?"

"She has a break between 2-3 which sucks." Mace answered looking down at her phone. It was only the first day but I could tell our schedules were going to suck when meeting up with one another.

When we finally got our coffee's it was time to head towards our classes. We still had 15 minutes but I wasn't quite sure where my class was and I would rather be early then late.

"Met here at 1 kay?" Mace said again as we stood outside of 95 degrees.

"I will. Good luck with your first classes. Text me in between." Feeling the need to hug her I grabbed her and pulled her towards me. It was going to be weird not having any classes with her until Thursday.

"Good luck as well. Don't go drooling over any hot guys." She smirked pulling away. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Don't you know me at all!?" I gasped clenching my chest. It was her turn now to roll her eyes. "See you later Car." With a wave to one another we both headed in opposite directions. Holding onto my warm coffee in one hand and taking out my class schedule I printed off at home, I headed towards my first class as a freshman.

****

After trying to find the right building for ten minutes I finally did. Following a few other students into the room I noticed the professor wasn't even here yet and so was most of the class. But with another 10 minutes till class started I figured everyone was making their way here. The room was pretty big and had plenty of seats available. I stood off to the side of the door looking for the perfect seat. I knew that wherever I sat I would sit for the rest of the semester. It was like an unconscious thing among students. Wherever you sit the first day is where you always will through out the class. Don't ask me why.

With a little more students coming in I headed for a seat kind of in the back where I can still see. Plopping into one that was a few in front of the outside seat I started taking out my things. Now being in the classroom I was starting to get nervous for some reason. Hearing my phone bing I quickly grabbed it to reply before the teacher got here. Seeing a text from both my brother and Ethan I grinned. They were both wishing me luck and Luke answered back on our ritual.

While I replied to them more people came in as well as the professor. He wasn't a bad looking teacher actually. Setting my phone down I looked at him fully. The professor looked to be in his semi early 40's. Dark brown hair and I couldn't see his eyes from here. All in all he wasn't the worst looking teacher I have ever have.

"Hello class. I am Mr. Waite and you are in English 243." He said loudly setting things on the desk at the front of the class room. "I hope everyone is here." Just as he said that someone quickly walked through the doorway. My eyes, as well as everyone else's, snapped towards the figure. Instantly I recognized the hoodie that was pulled over the persons head. Gage.

"Glad you can make it." Mr. Waite said but he didn't sound angry. I watched as Gage made his way up the stairs towards me. I scooted down in my seat and ducked my head, trying to make myself invisible. I wasn't really expecting to see him again let alone so soon. Yes internally I wanted to see him again because something about him drew me in but I hadn't really thought he would have a class with me.

As luck would have it Gage walked all the way to my row and dropped down into the seat at the edge right by the aisle, 3 chairs away from me. He still had the hood over his head blocking his face and he stared straight ahead. The only thing he took out of his bag was a notebook and a pen. I sat there staring at him like a weirdo not really knowing what to do. Should I say hi? Should I just ignore him? Before I could even think of a response the professors voiced broke me out of my thoughts. Dragging my head away from Gage's direction I looked forward.

Mr. Waite started talking about what we would be learning in English 243 and what his rules are in the classroom. I semi listened to him talk but my brain kept thinking about Gage sitting only 3 seats away. It almost felt like a dream when I met him two days ago, like he really hadn't helped me carry Macey home or that I cleaned up the cuts on his face. I wanted to thank him again for what he did but in the middle of class I thought better of it.

As the professor started to really get more into the class I pushed everything Gage related to the back of my head and focused on the lesson. Right now I couldn't let my mind wander in my first class. My hand scribbled down notes quickly as Mr. Waite talked. From the sound of it this class wouldn't be too difficult. We would be reading short stories from famous authors, then we will have to write a small paper every week on the stories as well as discuss them in class.

"Because you guys are in college I expect you to have your assignments in on time or else they do not count. You are to participate regularly and are also expected to work with your surrounding students." Mr. Waite said.

At the mention of talking in front of the class I sunk a little lower in my seat. I have always been shy and having to talk or read things in front of tons of people was not my forte. That is weird considering who my parents are but hopefully since this class was pretty big I wouldn't have to talk much. Other than that I thought this class would be pretty easy. I always have excelled in English.

As class went on I found myself occasionally glancing over at Gage from the corner of my eye. He was slumped down in his seat twirling his pencil between fingers. His hoodie still stayed over his head blocking his face from me. I wanted to know how his eye and lip were and to make sure he was taking care of it. For some odd reason I wanted no, I needed to talk to him again. I couldn't figure out why I needed to. If this is how I am going to be all semester in this class, it would be long few months.

"Okay that is all for today everyone. I won't always remind you but remember to read the Young Goodman Brown and come in with some things you thought about while reading it on Thursday." I had this English class twice a week while my other classes were mostly just one day, beside dance class. "I will see you on Thursday." With that he dismissed us.

Everyone around me gathered their stuff glad to be out of here. Even though we were here for about an hour it didn't seem that long. I know the professor let us out earlier then we normally will. Seeing Gage stand up from the corner of my eye I quickly gathered my things. He walked ahead of me at a brisk pace making it hard for my short legs to keep up.

"Gage!" I yelled as I followed behind him down the hallway. There wasn't much people so I know he heard me but he kept on walking. "Gage." I tried again picking up my pace, surprised I haven't tripped over my heeled shoes. Kids from the same class turned to look at me over their shoulders with weird expressions but I pushed past them. Yes I was making a fool out of myself but didn't care at the moment. When I finally caught up with him I grabbed his elbow tugging on it. I don't know why he was still wearing the same hoodie, it wasn't even cold outside.

"What the hell do you want!" He growled as he turned to face me. He towered over my short frame and I was once again struck with how tall he was. With him staring straight down at me I saw how bright his hazel eyes were. I felt myself cowering away slightly at his expression and tone. Gage was glaring daggers down at me and his hands were clenched into fists at his side. I quickly dropped my hand from his elbow.

"I-I...uh" I stuttered like an idiot. I saw no ounce of recognition at my face. Not saying anything else he turned back around and continued walking. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Knocking myself out of whatever state I was in I started after him, why I don't know.

"Gage! I said loudly as I went after him. The double doors shut after him but I quickly pushed through them. He now walked ahead of me a good few feet away. "I know you can hear me!" I said as I held onto my bag and ran/walked towards him. He once again made no move that he heard me. I slowed to a brisk walk beside him, having no idea where we were going. I was glad I didn't have my second class for another hour or so. My heeled shoes were thankfully silent as we walked, it would be even more awkward if my heels clicked making it the only sound.

"Silence treatment now?" I asked. There was a little voice in the back of my head telling me to stop this right now, that I was only making him angry. But I couldn't stop.

"You may not remember me but I am Carter. The girl you helped out the other night? You helped me with my drunk friend?" I pressed still walking beside a silent Gage. "Well I noticed you are in my English class and I wanted to say thank you again for what you did. And check up on your wounds." I rambled out. I knew random words were spilling out of my mouth but I couldn't stop them. There was something about him that made me want to talk or do something to get a rise out of him.

"What happened anyways? Did you get in a fight at the frat party? Or did someone try to mug you?" I said that last part in a high tone. He still didn't answer me and it was starting to piss me off. "Did you kick the other guys ass or did he win? I can see you losing if I must say."

"Would you just stop talking for one fucking second!" He suddenly yelled stopping. "You are annoying as hell."

"I was just-" I started to say but he cut me off.

"I don't give a flying fuck. Why won't you leave me alone. If you want me to sleep with you then you are doing it all wrong." He bit out. I chocked at his words. Sleep with him?! I stared up at him with wide eyes. From my angle I could see his face clearly now. The cut on his lip looked worse today with bruises around it, and the corner of his eye and check sported a huge bruise. But somehow he didn't look ugly at all, in fact it made him seem more 'bad boy-ish'.

"Excuse me?" I finally got out.

"I. Am. Not. Going. To. Fuck. You." He said slowly. "You are the clingy type and I hate that. Plus you are not that pretty anyways." He talked to me as if I was a child. Crossing his arms over his chest he smirked down at me. I could feel anger bubbling up inside of me.

"I didn't say I wanted to sleep with you." I bit out. "Where did you even get that idea!" He just raised an eyebrow at me, a perfectly fine one by the way.

"You little...I can't believe you think I want to sleep with you! I just wanted to say thank you again for helping me the other day but apparently you are too much of an asshole to accept it. I did you a favor by patching you up." I pointed my finger at his chest and poked it. Ignoring the hard muscle I felt I glared up at him. "Here I am trying to be a nice person and you are being a jerk to me!" As I yelled at him I couldn't understand why I was so angry. Usually I was so shy and rarely yelled at someone but Gage has already pressed my buttons, and it has only been a few minutes.

"You know what screw it! I am not thanking you again. You should apologize to me!"

"Apologize?" He asked like that was the funniest thing to him.

"Yes apologize! You are here being a jerk when I am trying to be nice!"

"I don't apologize, sweetheart." His smirk got wider.

"Don't call me sweetheart!" I snapped.

"Okay, sweetheart." I let out a growl.

"When you want to act like a civilize human being I will accept your apology, good day!" With that I turned and headed back the way we came. I could feel my blood boiling and I clenched my hands into fists. I don't know what made me so angry at Gage. He was just infuriating and he only said like 10 words. I guess I just thought his rude attitude the other night was because of him getting hurt but apparently not. At least now I know not to waste my time on him.

Huffing I continued away from Gage towards another building. I had no idea where I was going at the moment but I didn't care. I knew I still had a good hour until my next class so if I did get lost I would be fine. When I had gone a good distance I went over to a random bench and plopped down.

Who does he think he is? Chris Hemsworth or something? I would never sleep with him, let alone when I just met him. Sure Gage was very hot and probably belonged in a magazine but that didn't give him the right to be rude to me. I didn't even know his last name for god sake. Taking a deep breath and closing my eyes I calmed down slightly. I breathed in the fresh air and let the sun soak into my skin. As I relaxed I suddenly remembered I left my coffee in the classroom. Letting out a small I groaned I didn't make a move to get up and go get it. By time I got there it would probably be gone anyways.

"What are you groaning about?" A random voice asked. My eyes shot open to stare at a guy who was sitting right next to him, his eyebrows raised and his hazel eyes sparkling. For a split second I thought it was Gage but this guy was different. He had dark brown hair that was cut kind of short and quaffed in the front. He kind of had a squarer face than Gage and he looked more approachable. Why am I comparing him to Gage?!

"I'm Dylan, Dylan Stiles and you are?" He asked again. (See what I did there *Wink* *Wink*)

"Uh Carter Miller." I replied.

"Wait as in Miller? The Miller?" His eyebrows shot up and a look of surprise flashed across his face.

"Yeah as in The Miller." I watched as a smile broke out across his face.

"Woah you are like royalty!" Dylan exclaimed. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Royalty? Far from it." I giggled out.

"Do you not know who your father and mother are? Ashton Miller multi-millionaire, and Layla Miller famous world-wide author!"

"Don't forget my brother."

"Oh yes Luke Miller, quarterback of the football team and is only a sophomore but people are saying they will win it all this year, and heir to the business." I stared at him in shock.

"How do you know so much about my family?" I asked.

"Magazines duh." I laughed again as I felt all the anger from before melt away. Dylan seemed to have the lovable, friendly vibe about him. I instantly liked being in his presence. "But if I may ask...why are you sitting here alone? Shouldn't you be surrounded by friends?" I rolled my eyes at that. Just because everyone knew who my parents and brother are doesn't mean I have tons of friends.

"My class got out early and after talking to some asshole I came here to sit down." I said simply.

"And here I am the knight in shining armor to make you feel better." He grinned at me.

"Yes you are." His phone decided to buzz in that moment.

"I'm sorry I have to go. A friend of mine needs some help." He stood up. I followed after him. Dylan wasn't as tall as Gage or Ethan and my brother but he stood taller then me. I didn't notice until now how muscular he looked. His arms were pretty big and I bet he had a firm torso. "It was nice meeting you Carter, I hope we run into each other again."

"Me too. Thank you for cheering me up Dylan." Without even thinking I found myself pulling him into a hug. I have only just met him and was now hugging him, yeah I have gone insane. When we pulled away he smiled at me.

"We better run into each other again, I have a feeling we are going to be great friends." He grinned. "See you around Carter." With a wave he turned and walked away. I stared after him slightly confused about the whole thing but shrugged. He seemed really nice and I actually did want to see him again.

I grabbed my schedule to look for my next class, Art. On the back was a map of campus and I had circled the building's I would go to. Pulling both of my bags on I slipped my phone out of my pocket and headed towards where I needed to go, all the while sending Macey a text. I didn't tell her about Dylan or Gage but I knew I would have to later tonight.

My next two classes went by fairly quickly. It was kind of the same thing as each class. The professors went over the syllabus and what they expected of us before doing a small exercise. It was basically like the first day of high school.

My Art class was simple and the professor already told us about an upcoming project we would do. The class was somewhat small and was a mix of boys and girls. What I liked the most about it was the classroom was really homey. The walls were decorated with paintings and random drawings of previous students. There weren't desk/seats like other class rooms, there were just chairs and a few desks scattered around. There were even a few comfy looking chairs and a couch.

When 1 o'clock came around I was more than happy to go grab something to eat. I was starving and my head was starting to hurt from all the information I received in the last few hours. As I made my way towards 95 Degrees to meet Macey I sent Luke a text telling him I was free until 2 so whenever he wanted to go get ice cream we can.

All day I haven't seen anyone that I know, well beside Gage in English. I was surprised that I didn't see anyone from the football team like Luke and Ethan said. I kind of wish that I had someone in my classes that I knew so I wouldn't feel so alone and sit there like a weirdo. I just had to give it time to make some other friends.

Campus was alive now as everyone had classes or were up. Weaving my way I finally made it to the cafe and entered. I quickly spotted Macey sitting at a table laughing at something the guy across from her said. Immediately I recognized the guy, Luke.

"Hey Mace." I said coming up to them. "Luke." I smiled over at my brother. I was glad he was here with Macey, hopefully keeping her company while I still had class.

"Hey, how was classes?" Mace asked as I sat down.

"Pretty good. Hopefully won't be to bad this semester. How about you?"

"Good. Chemistry is going to be so fun! We have labs we do every week, molecules we have to chart." Macey talked excitedly. Her eyes were looking off into the distance like she was imagining doing that stuff already. I shook my head at her enthusiasm.

"How about you Luke? Got any good classes this year."

"Nah just the usual. A few business courses, a math class, and communications. Not too much for the semester because of football season."

"Excited for tonight?"

"Hell yeah! The team is great this year, and with the extra drills we will definitely win. Ethan and I have been going over the plays a lot lately." I know Luke was hoping to make captain next year along with Ethan being is co-captain. Both of them were like a well oiled machine. They worked great together as if they could read each others minds. On the field it was amazing to watch.

"Speaking of Ethan where is he?" I asked.

"He has class at 1:30 so he's heading that way now." Ethan was like Luke, studying business. His family owns a bunch of stuff over seas and all over America. They are never home and never were when he was little, that is why he was always over at our house. Even though he only lived 3 houses down from us he had his own room beside Luke's. My parents hated that his parents left him alone so much so he was practically apart of our family. Even know that he is 20 his parents still weren't around. I think the only time he really spent time with his family was the summer before sophomore year when they dragged him across Europe with them.

His parents were pretty well off especially from the businesses they owned but Ethan has always said he wants to make a living without his parents help. Even though his parents may want him to take the company over he said he wouldn't. I guess that is another that I really admire about him. He wants to be his own person and do stuff his own way.

I always hated that his parents leave him to travel the world. He doesn't like to admit it but I can tell he missed them. Sure my parents were like his own but it wasn't the same. Sure his parents would say they were doing this for him, for his future, but I think Ethan would rather them be around then have all the money they make.

"You better grab something to eat you only have a little bit." Luke said interrupting my thoughts. I nodded asking if they wanted anything before heading to the counter.

As I waited for my food all three of us talked. It was actually kind of nice not having Macey or Luke shooting insults back and forth. They were being civil. Sadly it had to end as Macey had class in 10 minutes as did Luke. I hated that none of us had the same time schedule. Getting up I hugged Luke and wished them both good luck in their classes. Making sure that we were on for 3:30 to go get ice cream, the two of them left.

I let out a sigh as I sat down by myself. I hated eating by myself in public. I don't really know why but I just was. I always felt like people were staring and judging. Picking at the rest of my lunch I finally decided I will go find somewhere to go sit and sketch for a few minutes before my last class.

Throwing my stuff away, I grabbed my bags and headed outside. It was nice outside always I might as well enjoy it while it lasts. Walking around for a few minutes I found an empty table beside a big tree. Smiling I sat down and took out my sketch book. With 20 minutes to kill I set a timer to make sure I wouldn't miss class and then started drawing.

The next 20 minutes passed by quickly and before I knew it my timer was going off on my phone. I quickly shut it off before looking at what I did. My hand drew on its own and I found myself staring at an outline of guy. It wasn't fully developed and only had a few bits done other than the outline. If I had more time I would be able to see more of it. I knew I had to get to class so I sadly put it away. I was definitely going to finish that later.

My math class thankfully went by pretty quickly and soon we were dismissed. I could tell I was going to struggle in that class. I wasn't the greatest at math anyways but I knew I would need a tutor or study very hard. Thankfully my brother was great at math as well as Mace.

Once I was out of the building I texted Luke to met me at the dorm building. I was ready for our ritual. As quickly as I could in my heeled boots I made my way back to my building. I smiled thinking of today. It went by pretty well and I was looking forward for the rest of my classes. Even though I got yelled at by Gage I was able to met Dylan who I think will become a great friend. Now I am heading to eat ice cream with my brother before his football game. I think this semester is going to be great. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone!! I feel like since the other chapters were pre-written, I am now actually meeting you all :) I am so sorry about the wait for this chapter! Every time I went to write I couldn't figure out what I wanted, or my mom wanted to talk to me, etc. So I finally just said 'screw it' and write this. I know it isn't the greatest, definitely a filler, but I wanted the football game to be its own chapter. 

So first, I wanted to say that after this chapter updates will be weekly, hopefully. I don't have anymore pre-written ones so you will have to bare with me as I post. My classes start Tuesday but thankfully I am only taking 2 this semester so I should have plenty of time to write :) Usually I update on Sundays so I think I will stick with that for the time being, but if I don't have much going on I may update more (Although don't get your hopes up for that) UPDATE MAY BE SUNDAY!

Second, if some of you haven't noticed I changed who will be playing Gage, his name is Diego Barruecos. He is so freaking hot! If you want to see him go to chapter 3, I posted a picture of him. Also with him THERE WILL BE SWEARING!! I just want to warn you that when he is around there will be some swearing so if you aren't comfortable with that I am sorry. I want his character to be a certain way. 

In case you didn't check the 'characters list' the person who will be playing Dylan Stiles is Dylan O'Brien. That is why I made the comment earlier. Now who do you think his friend is? Is he going to show up more often? 

Now finally, I want to remind you guys that the BLOCK PARTY IS COMING UP!! My day is the 2ND OF FEBRUARY! That entire day I will be active on here and my social media sites. So if you want to ask me questions, talk to me, whatever feel free to do that on that day! I hope to see you all there!!! <3 

(If you are reading A Year Agreement bonus chapters will be soon! Thank you so much for reading this story as well!) 

P.S Let me know if you like that Carter is going into Art and Dance. Or do you think she should do something different? If you don't really see her as doing that than PLEASE COMMENT! If I have to change her major I want to do it now instead of 20 or so chapters in. 

VOTE, COMMENT, AND HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! 

<3 

-Ken 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 61.5K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...
7.7M 250K 43
Ever had Ramen Noodles for an entire month? Lilly Fenster has and she's tired of it. Which is why she ends up managing the fashion industry's hottest...
5.9K 180 15
Corazon cross paths with y/n, an aspiring doctor. When she gives him a second chance in life, will he be able to use it wisely? Characters belong to...
3.4M 143K 60
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...