Saviour

Par Irish_M00nchild

*COMPLETED* Maggie Thorne is trying to make life work in New York city working in a slow dull coffee shop and... Plus

Coffee Part 1
Apartment Hunt Part 2
Interview Part 3
Dinner Part 4
An unexpected visit Part 5
Anger and Attraction Part 6
Picnic in the Park Part 7
Andy Part 8
Disaster the morning after Part 9
Bachelor Party Part 10
Wedding Prep Part 11
Mr and Mrs Gatto Part 12
A surprise Visit Part 13
Four months and a phone call Part 14
A Letter and A Phone call Part 15
Bad News Part 16
Another Planet Part 17
Apollo Part 18
Goodnight Mammy Part 19
Home truths Part 20
Don't hit your fiancé Part 21
No More Hiding Part 22
Breakfast and Family Part 23
A new dress and an accident Part 24
Desperado: A message from Mammy Part 25
Choices Part 26
Rise and Shine Part 27
Alone Part 29
Promise Part 30
Hospital Appointment Part 31
To the moon and back Part 32
Jump Part 33
Aftermath Part 34
Darkness Part 35
Slán go Fóill (Goodbye for now) Part 36
Epilogue Part 37
Additional Part 38

Sals Secret Part 28

400 7 2
Par Irish_M00nchild

After a while of goofing around we paddled our way over to a secluded area of the bay. The tide was out so the rocks were perfect for sitting on it was a reasonably sunny day the seagulls soared above our heads as I plunged out of the kayak, my hair moved through the water like a waving flag as I lay on my back kicking through the water.

Two arms reached for me pulling me out of the water I opened my eyes to see Brains cheeky grin smiling at me "Don't worry m'lady I'll save you" he yelled carrying me through the water and placing me on a flat rock "Q, what the hell" I giggled trying to struggle from his grasp "Don't speak" he placed a finger on my lips "Yep she needs mouth to mouth!" Q laughed before leaving over to kiss me his hands tangled in my wet hair as I allowed his tongue access to my mouth. It was a little restrictive kissing in a wetsuit but I was on a beach with the most gorgeous man I'd ever laid eyes on and it was perfect.

"We come on guys keep it clean" Apollo whined climbing down off the rocks where he had taken Murr and Joe to see the view from the hill top

"Brother Alert" I rolled my eyes at Brian as I sat up on the rocks, the guys beside me relaxing in the afternoon sun. Murr sat propped up on his elbows watching the clouds float by "You hear that fellas?"

"Hear what?" Joe asked

"Exactly nothing no traffic, no yelling just peace and quiet" Murr sighed happy at the tranquil state.

Q gave a snort "shut up Murr" he flicked water at his friend receiving a middle finger from James.

"I think he's right" I sat up addressing the guys "look how different this place is from where you all grew up the tallest thing here is the trees not buildings everything's green and you could walk on the road at night without having to fear for your life."

"Yeah it's cool I guess but I couldn't live here I'd miss the city too much" Q shrugged

"I could live here again" I mumbled I didn't think the guys heard me but I noticed their silence was just shock I looked around at the four stunned faces staring at me open mouthed.

"Do you mean it Sparrow? Apollos voice was a soft whisper as he looked at me his eyes were wide and full of delight.

I gave a shrug "I..I've been thinking about it, y'know" my face was burning red I was the centre of attention as these guys hung on to every word and I had to choose them carefully "Fallon wants to sell the house and the Gallery well she doesn't want too but she doesn't need them and I was thinking If I took them she wouldn't have to."

"Maggie..." James squeaked he didn't say anything else I don't think any of them quite knew what to say it had been such a good day before I dropped this huge bombshell on them.

"Well damn Irish" Joe was sitting gobsmacked "I'm happy for ya sure but.. damn"

I gave a sigh this was far too difficult, I ran my fingers through my hair part of me wished I hadn't opened my mouth "I know it's a big step guys but my family's here and I can finally let people see my photos its half way between what Arizona was offering and what New York already had"

"Except it's not half way is it Maggie?" Q mumbled he had let go of my hand and was just looking at me completely expressionless I could read it all in his eyes though "It's the whole way over here, away from all of us"

The guys gave a nod none of them would make eye contact with me apart from Apollo who couldn't hold his excitement "Do you really mean it though Sparrow? Would you come back to us?"

I shook my hand through my wet curls "Look guys I haven't made a decision but it is an option, I've been away from home too long , I thought I was done with Ireland completely but coming back and seeing how different it is now I'm older I do believe I could settle here and make a living selling my photographs I had a lot to think about last night when I was sitting with Sal so many huge ideas the house is far too big for me of course but it could become a guest house y'know like a mini hotel this place is swarming come tourist season and it would be a great way of keeping my mother's memory alive without having to let the house go."

Q had both hands over his mouth running his hands through his beard a pained expression in his eyes "This is gonna kill Sal" he mumbled

"Here we go again" Murr raised his eyebrows

"Again?" I asked looking at the guys

"Libby Nixon" Joe sighed

"Who the fuck is Libby Nixon?" I was more confused than ever the guys sat obviously upset at whomever this newly named Libby was

"Oh wow I remember reading about that in an interview of you guys, when you took that hiatus a few years back right?" Apollo snapped his fingers

"Can someone please give me a little insight into what the hell is going on here?"

"Q you tell her?" Murr shook his head

Q cleared his throat "Libby Nixon was Sals fiancée"

"Fiancée?" my mouth dropped open not once in my year of knowing Sal had he never mentioned a fiancée

"Yeah" Q continued "Libby was a great girl little rock chick and I mean little she was so short but bouncy and fun Little legs Libby we called her" Q smiled as he remembered her "Sal was crazy about her, we'd never seen him like this over a girl before"

"Believe it or not Sal used to be as promiscuous as Q" Murr interrupted

"Hey what's that supposed to mean!" Q roared

"Guys stop just tell the story!" I warned I couldn't believe this side to Sal was only coming out now I felt slightly betrayed he hadn't told me then caught on a little when I remembered just how much I had lied to him.

"Okay well like I said Sal was head over heels with the girl engaged and everything he was so happy they both were." Q stopped talking he rubbed the back of his neck considering his next words.

"What happened Q?" I reached out to squeeze his hand

"It was just after we filmed the first season, we all headed out to celebrate but Libby said she had work the next day and left early she wouldn't let any of us take her home she told us to stay and enjoy ourselves so we did...." Q watched the water flowing by I looked around at Joe and Murr for an answer but nobody would look at me.

Apollo came down off his rock and sat by me a rarely seen serious look came over his face "Libby was killed by a speeding driver on her way home"

I raised my hands to my mouth in shock. My heart ached as I thought of what Sal had gone through and never told me. It all began to make sense now why he never let me walk home at night, and why Brian had come to take me home that night I had been out.

"So..." the words were dry in my mouth "so where do I come into this?" I couldn't understand what Sals fiancée had to do with me leaving.

"Sal sunk into a deep depression after that" Joe spoke it was the most humourless I had ever seen him "He became convinced everyone was going to leave him and if he cut off ties he couldn't get hurt, he didn't show up for writing sessions, he didn't laugh or joke anymore it got to the point where he wouldn't even leave the house, Jenna came to us and begged us to help and of course we did we couldn't see our friend dragged down"

"It was so horrible" Murr wiped at his eyes "we were so close to losing him he came back slowly bit by bit but was still weary of a lot of people, then you started hanging around he came out of his shell a little more he started to care again you can obviously see the attachment he has to you Maggie, he became Sal again still a little quiet but it was so good to have him back"

"And now.. well I don't know what will happen now" Q scratched at his beard Joe and Murr nodded in return a solemn look on all their faces I reached out for Loki who lay at my feet scratching him behind the ear the big bear dog panted happily. I took a breath "I'll talk to him, I'll make him understand"

Q looked doubtful "He won't understand Maggie he'll panic, I can't afford to almost lose my best friend twice in a lifetime."

"I'll talk to him" I repeated

We paddled our way back to the beach as we got closer I could see a faint dot sitting on the beach I knew immediately it was Sal. How was I supposed to look at him the same after all this new information had come out? How would I act around him it was like seeing a whole different person?

He came nowhere near the water as we pulled the kayaks up and lined them up the dogs ran between around our legs kicking sand around them. When we were a safe distance away from the water Sal came wandering down to meet us "I was getting worried guys you were away for hours!"

"Should of came with us then shouldn't ya" Joe gave him a wet pat on the cheek Sal laughed and pushed him away. He made eye contact with me coming over to where I stood having my wetsuit unzipped by Q "Have a nice swim Maggie?" he smiled

"Yeah I Uhh" I had no idea what to even say I never was good at playing it cool. A sharp poke in the back from Q set me straight I had to persevere and stay strong "yeah it was great Sal" I nodded as I tied the arms of the suit around my waist. "How are you feeling?"

He raised an eyebrow at me if he suspected anything was up he didn't say "Still a little sore I think I'll live, Your sisters back, food should be ready soon"

"Hallelujah I'm starving!" Joe praised starting to walk in the direction of the house

"What else is new" Murr raised his arms and followed his friend.

"Sparrow you go on home and round up the suits I'll stop by Bronach's and get her to lift this lot" Apollo waved me off as I started up the track home a thousand thoughts and questions racing through my mind.

-------------------------------

Authors Note: So that's all for tonight I'll update by the end of the week. Don't forget to comment. :) 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

15.5K 636 13
Danny Phantom meets the Dc universe. I red waaaay too many fics about this and love them all. wanted to try my hand at writing some myself. Chapter 1...
402K 8.4K 100
🛑 WARNING 🛑 The following reader inserts contain scenes of fluffy romance with a reader who is constantly flirting with four lifelong friends!
61.5K 1.7K 105
The final part to the Impractical Jokers Requests Book series! Full of requests submitted by readers. All requests to be submitted on the chapter en...
22.5K 1K 36
Wanting to be a superhero and becoming one, are two completely different things. But becoming the opposite? That's way easier. And sometimes it's not...