A Letter and A Phone call Part 15

I only managed to get a few hours' sleep because James came rushing into my room as soon as he was awake. I gathered he must have seen my shoes I kicked off at the front door and realised I was home "Maggie Thorne where the hell have you been I was worried sick and Q was absolutely distraught we were so close to calling the police to go out and look for you"

"Relax mother" I groaned from under the covers I had pulled over my head "I spent the night at Sal's"

"Sal's as in our Sal?" James took a seat on the bed

"Yes James, Salvatore Vulcano our Sal we had a few glasses of wine and ended up chatting all night" he hit me with a cushion for my sarcasm

"You look like shit, also I had better call your boyfriend and tell him you haven't been kidnapped" he chuckled leaving the room before I hit him back

I sat up and rubbed my sleepy eyes I needed a shower to wake myself up. The cold water felt good on my skin I had never liked warm showers I felt more refreshed after stepping out of a freezing cold shower it reminded me of being home again at the beach during the cold summers and even colder autumns and springs.

I stepped out pulling some fresh jeans and a t-shirt on and made my way to the kitchen to grab a coffee Murr had made me "I called Q he was obviously relieved and told me to tell you not to forget its date night tonight and I'm guessing by the look on your face you totally forgot?"

I giggled nodding "Shit I had better get some laundry done I don't think I've anything to wear" I hopped off the chair taking my coffee to my room as I loaded up my bed with things to wash.

A letter addressed to me fell to the floor James must have brought it in when waking me this morning I sat down on the bed opening the letter.

Dear Miss Thorne

We have received your application and after some consideration are absolutely delighted to offer you a place on the team. As you know Travel America are all about reaching out to people through our advertisements and marketing showing what amazing adventures people can have here in the U.S and we do believe with your studies in both travel and photography/media your talents will be greatly valued during your time with us. You are also being informed that although the job will require you to travel from state to state with our film crew the official headquarters is in Phoenix AZ and should you take the job with us we will expect you to find residence in the city. Please respond to the email address down below as soon as possible so we may be able to set up an information meeting with you regarding your new job with us.

Many thanks

Anna Kennedy

Travel America careers manager.

Shit.

I sat on the bed reading the words over and over again I couldn't quite believe it but here it was in black and white my new start I know I had sent the application away when everything turned sour between me and Brian but this was an incredible opportunity but it meant moving all the way to phoenix. I only knew it was almost at the other side of the country I opened the map on my phone

Staten Island NY to Phoenix AZ by car

Search result: 1 day 11 hours (2402 miles)

I ran my fingers through my hair blinking at the results 35 hours and 2 thousand miles away from everything I had come to know I would have to say goodbye to everybody it would be heart-breaking but could I really afford not to take this chance? Doing what I loved and getting money for it I couldn't work in a coffee shop all my life.