Saviour

By Irish_M00nchild

*COMPLETED* Maggie Thorne is trying to make life work in New York city working in a slow dull coffee shop and... More

Coffee Part 1
Apartment Hunt Part 2
Interview Part 3
Dinner Part 4
An unexpected visit Part 5
Anger and Attraction Part 6
Picnic in the Park Part 7
Andy Part 8
Disaster the morning after Part 9
Bachelor Party Part 10
Wedding Prep Part 11
Mr and Mrs Gatto Part 12
A surprise Visit Part 13
Four months and a phone call Part 14
A Letter and A Phone call Part 15
Bad News Part 16
Another Planet Part 17
Apollo Part 18
Goodnight Mammy Part 19
Home truths Part 20
Don't hit your fiancé Part 21
No More Hiding Part 22
Breakfast and Family Part 23
Desperado: A message from Mammy Part 25
Choices Part 26
Rise and Shine Part 27
Sals Secret Part 28
Alone Part 29
Promise Part 30
Hospital Appointment Part 31
To the moon and back Part 32
Jump Part 33
Aftermath Part 34
Darkness Part 35
Slán go Fóill (Goodbye for now) Part 36
Epilogue Part 37
Additional Part 38

A new dress and an accident Part 24

367 7 0
By Irish_M00nchild

After breakfast I climbed the stairs to get a shower while all the guys where changing. Fallon requested black trousers and a loosely buttoned shirt but no tie. We agreed much to the relief of Apollo on nothing too formal.

I wrapped my hair in a towel and walked back to my room. Outside of the window I watched the guys all sitting and laughing together Joe and Murr were pointing to the family of dolphins in the distance leaping out of the water gracefully. Sal sat with Apollo as my brother pointed to each of his tattoos explaining the meaning behind each one and Q had discovered the two giant fluffy beasts that had him pinned to the ground having his face licked.

"They seem like nice guys" Fallon smiled as she entered my room She was dressed in a beautiful long lilac skirt and white blouse with a fresh sprig of lavender clipped into the brim of her white sunhat her Lennon glasses resting on her nose. She had a ring on every finger and her birthstone crystal around her neck, every inch the flower child Mama was. She stood with me at the window "I can see why you love New York so much."

"Yeah it's pretty great, you should come visit sometime"

"Oh Sparrow you know I'd never fit in there, It's too big for me"

"I thought that at first after a while it starts to seem smaller though"

"I'll miss you when you go away" her voice was quieter as she gazed out the window watching Apollo lay on the grass watching the clouds float by. "We both will"

"I'll visit more Fallon I promise" I squeezed her shoulder reassuring her "what are you gonna do without mom around?"

"I guess I'll move back with Eamon again we've been talking about starting a family" she smiled as she thought of her fiancé "Apollo mentioned going travelling for a while in his van"

"What about the house?"

"Well I was hopping Apollo would want it but he made it clear he has no interest in it so maybe we'll just sell it along with the Gallery." She affectionately placed her hand on the wall she had so many memories here it was the only home she'd ever known it would kill her to sell it but my sister finally had time to live her life I was so happy for her.

We lay on the bed like we used to do as kids chatting about the future I confessed to her about the Job and the issue of telling Sal "I'm sure he'll be fine with it, If Brian can accept it and let you go I'm sure he can."

"Thanks Fal" I said hugging my sister tight before shooing her out of the room we'd spent the best part of an hour chatting and I needed to get ready.

I stared at my suitcase not knowing what to wear. All the black and grey just wasn't appealing right now it's definitely not what Mammy would have wanted me to wear. I opened my wardrobe that still had most of my old clothes they all looked so tiny I had put on so much weight when I moved due to the lack of swimming.

I made my way to Mammy's old room Fallon was lying on her bed holding a pillow it looked like she had been crying. She wiped her eyes and placed her sunglasses back on.

I opened Mammy's wardrobe and flicked through the rainbow of coloured cloth that filled every inch of the cupboard. They all smelled of incense and sand. I took a few dresses out throwing them over my arm "Can I have these?" I turned to Fallon she nodded and gave a sniff as she wiped her nose. We always used to joke that she looked like Rudolph when she cried because the tip of her nose turned red.

I took the dresses back to my room trying each one on before settling on a beautiful ankle length dress it was so simple no major details except mixes of blue and sea green the sleeves were wide and came to my lower arm, the dress flowed and danced when I walked. I closed my eyes and took a breath it felt so comfortable so.. Right!

I attached every bracelet I could find on my dressing table my wrists jangled and glittered as I brushed my hair I reached for the hair pins to tie it up but stopped. I think I feel like leaving it down today I thought as I placed a flower crown of white silk rose buds on my head.

I padded barefoot downstairs the silver anklet jumped around my foot. The guys were still all outside sitting around Liam and Eamon had eventually joined them after cleaning up since they all had their backs to me apart from Liam he seen me first he was in the midst of a conversation with Sal when he looked up "Aye sir, she's a pretty funny wee thing and....Beautiful" I made eye contact with the younger McAllister brother as he stared at my drastically changed look.

"There's the bohemian beauty queen we used to know!" Eamon cheered getting to his feet taking me by the hand and spinning me around

"Sparrow Thorne had definitely made her comeback!" Apollo announced

"Oh shush guys, it's only a new dress" I rolled my eyes at the comments

"It's a new everything!" Murr exclaimed "I didn't even realise your hair was that long"

I smiled twirling a piece of my waist length hair around my finger "you really do look great Sparrow" Eamon smiled "not as great as my stunning wee songbird though" he laughed showering Fallon in kisses as she walked outside my sister blushed as her fiancé wrapped his arm around her.

We started the journey down the grassy hill towards the beach the wind was blowing in my hair as the grass kissed my feet I just ran until I reached the bottom and I felt the cold soft sand between my toes "Slow down Irish!" Joe panted behind me "Some of us aren't as young we look"

"Speak for yourself Joey." Murr shouted back at him "I think I look pretty good for my age."

Willows special place was at the far side of the beach we all walked together across the sand I danced in and out of the freezing cold water as the tiny waves broke around my ankles.

"Tomorrow should be good boating weather" Apollo commented as he kicked the washed up seaweed back into the water

"What makes you think so?" Q asked.

Apollo gave him a wink "the master of nature knows all"

"We should all go first thing in the morning" I pleaded excitedly "we'll rent some wetsuits and kayaks from Bronachs shop and take the guys"

Apollo agreed it sounded like a great idea, Fallon explained that she and Eamon had a few messages to run but she'd join us for a BBQ at the house later tomorrow night.

"I'm all for it" Brian confirmed

"And me" Joe called from up ahead where he walked with Murr

"I can think of so many reasons why it's a bad idea but I'll try it too why the hell not" Murr laughed

"What about you Sal?" it was only then I noticed how far behind he was trailing I released Qs hand and drifted back a little

"What's up buddy?" I asked

Sal shrugged "nuthin"

"You can't lie to me Sal what is it?" I reached out for his arm but he pulled away "Something's different about you." He mumbled

"Well yeah" I laughed at this ridiculous comment "It's a new look or rather an old one"

"I heard you telling Q about the job that's what's fucking different!." he raised his voice before walking on leaving me standing alone I stormed past Sal and took my place beside Q I was speechless and upset but guilty but also angry that he couldn't talk to me about it he was my best friend I would of thought he understood.

We arrived at Willows cove after walking the length of the beach and climbing up the dirt and sand track worn away in the grass over the years by the frequent visitors who came to see just how beautiful the view was.

We all stood right on the edge of the cliff watching the water splash against the rocks below Sal stood as far as possible away from me between Joe and Murr. Fallon clutched the glass jar of ashes close to her chest part of me was worried she wouldn't give it up, she cleared her throat "I won't say too much cause I don't want to make a scene but Willow was the type of person that loved every living breathing thing on earth nothing was of a higher class to anything else above her demons she was a bold and beautiful spirit and now we hand over her ashes to the only other great love apart from family, the sea" I watched as the waves washed away the remains I knew she was free.

"I think it's only right in memory of Willow that we jump" Apollo declared

"Down there are you all freaking insane!" Murr shouted "we're all fully clothed"

"Clam down city boy it's just a wee bit of water" Liam laughed slapping Murr on the back

"Right who's going first?" I asked I had barely a chance to finish my question with Joe announcing "Sals it!" and was pushing Sal straight into the icy water below.

"Not cool man!" Apollo shouted "A jumper must jump of their freewill"

"Uh Guys shouldn't he of resurfaced by now?" Q asked staring down the cliff looking very alarmed. We all peaked our heads over the edge the water was still, the sound of the crashing waves sang and eerie silence through our ears.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 186 19
There are a million roof tops in New York City, so what are the chances that two people from different walks of life would end up together, alone, on...
3.9K 68 15
When the younger half-sister of Q catches the eye of one of Americas funniest Jokers. Y/n Y/l/n is the half sister of Brian Quinn, one of the Impract...
27K 1.3K 29
Summary: Holly Potter wasn't planning on becoming a mind reader or shapeshifter, that was just an accidental side effect of being a witch. Now, becom...
Jealousy By Isa

Fanfiction

4.5K 203 24
This is 1992, when Impractical Jokers were in high school. Brian has feelings for Sal. Until the new kid comes. He takes away his friends and most im...