Follow Your Heart

By Thorn15

When Daryl saves someone off the roof of a car he takes her back to his camp. After being separated from the... More

Authors Note. Please read
Chapter One: Don't Leave
Chapter Two: Seperated
Chapter Three: I Won't Let You Fall
Chapter Four: Let's Run
Chapter Five: On Your Own
Chapter Six: Not Again
Chapter Seven: Escape
Chapter Eight: Nothing But Trouble
Chapter Nine: Heart Stopping Moments
Chapter Ten: Unexpected
Chapter Eleven: Another View
Chapter Twelve: Leaving
Chapter Thirteen: The Prison
Chapter Fourteen: Death
Chapter Sixteen: What If..
Chapter Seventeen: A Kiss for Forgiveness
Chapter Eighteen: Bonding With the Enemy
Chapter Nineteen: Love
Chapter Twenty: Falling In With the Dead
Chapter Twenty One: I Won't Stop You
Last Note

Chapter Fifteen: Bring Me Home

146 5 0
By Thorn15

    I went to clear out the lower levels trying to clear it all out. I let Carl come with me to get away from everyone. I checked the rooms one by one for any walkers. "You know.. my mom she was a drinker. I hated it a lot. At one point child services took me away. She got me back a year later. Didn't have me for long though. One night I was out with some friends and we hear the sirens. They had bikes but I didn't I went everywhere on foot. I ran after them and when I came around the corner. My house was burned. Everyone stared at me like it was my fault. She was burned to nothing. Some said it was better that way but not me. It seemed like she didn't even exist. You know?" "I shot my mom. She was out hadn't turned yet. I ended it, it was real. Sorry about your mom." 

   "Sorry about yours." We walked through and I shot a few walkers with my bow. We didn't come across anything big though. I shot another walker and saw a knife in its neck. I pulled it out shocked. "That's Carol's knife.." I sent Carl back and started clearing the rest out. I kept hitting the knife into the ground upset. The door across from me kept moving. I kicked it in and went to leave but walked back. I moved the walker out of the way and went in to kill the other walker but found Carol instead. I picked her up and carried her back to the cells without telling anyone so she could rest. 

    "Miranda!" I ran in and saw Rick carrying a woman. "She has a bullet in her leg." "Ok well I'll take care of her after you see this." "Everything ok?" "You'll want to see this." They followed me back and I showed them Carol. She slowly got up and hugged Rick. I grabbed my bag and saw Carol crying. Carl was about to break as well. I looked over and saw the woman watching us. 

    "They were taken." "By who?" "There's a town Woodbury." I walked away while they talked and grabbed a bottle of water. "This is Miranda. She'll take care of that."  I smiled and cut her pants a little more. I started taking the fragments out and she was tense the whole time.

     I stitched her up and she said a thanks. I grabbed both bows, my gun, my machete and the last of my smoke bombs. I got in the car with Rick ready to go get Glenn and Maggie.

    It was dark when we finally made it on foot. We went in through an old building that Michonne showed us. We talked about where we could go when the door opened. I hid behind a curtain and Rick grabbed him. I zip tied him and knocked him out with my bow. We heard screaming and I shrugged. "I think we may have found him. We ran to the building and I threw in a flash. When it started to smoke I grabbed Glenn and Maggie. We started moving through the dark and I covered our backs. "Merle's here. He did this, threw a walker at me."  "Time to get them out." I ran out to cover Rick and when I did everyone spotted us. We were being shot at and even got hit. I shot a few guards on the fence. "I'll lay down some cover fire. I'll be right behind you." I started killing everyone I could. I stopped when I hit a teenager. I ran over and flipped him over. I got him in the shoulder. When I saw that he would live I went back out. I pulled out a pin in a flash and tossed it into a group of people. Someone from my group went down and I made sure everyone got out.  I was about to follow when I was shot in the hip. I hit the ground hard and blacked out. The last thing I heard was the name Dixon.

    "You really are stupid you know that?" "So I've been told." "Well you got your crazy license tonight. It'll be in the mail." I laughed and looked at him. He looked so broken down. "You missed one hell of a time with the group. We're dying left and right." He sat down next to me and leaned against the wall. 

    "I need to tell you something." "What now?" "I love you Daryl. I can't stand being away from you any longer. It's time to come back where you belong. I can't fill your shoes." 

    "I don't belong anywhere." "That's bull shit and you know it." "Don't leave me Randy." I got really confused at that moment. He started yelling and telling me to hold on. That's when he faded. 

    I woke up chained to a light. I was on the ground and people were cheering all around me. I looked around for Daryl but he wasn't there. I dreamt the whole thing. "You wanted your brother.. you got him. A fight to the death!" I looked over at the yelling and they pulled a bag off of someone's head. It was Daryl. I started fighting against the chain trying to get to him. I had to see if he was alive. If this was all real. Daryl fell to the ground and his brother started strangling him. I screamed and looked at Daryl.

    "Stop! Andrea stop this! Daryl!" Andrea looked over and her face was horrified. They started fighting off the walkers and someone came by and kicked me in the stomach to stop my screaming. Andrea ran by and dropped the keys. I kept trying to reach them but it wasn't going so well. I watched Daryl run by and not even turn back to see me. Someone came by and kicked the keys closer. I unlocked the cuffs and started running only to be tackled. "Let go!" He tightened his grip on me and I started kicking him. This time help wasn't coming. I noticed the bandage and put my fingers through. He screamed and punched me but let me go. I got up and ran the way the others went. I jumped onto the bus hood and rolled off the back. I started running the way we came before hoping to run into the others. 

    I ran through the woods getting dizzy from all the running. It was daylight and I was sure they would be gone until I heard yelling. I came up from the other side of the road and saw Daryl. I stumbled across the road and got to Rick first. He was covered in bruises and all I wanted to do was scream at him but I knew I couldn't. "Good.. you got your bow. So what did I miss?" "Who's this?"

   "Randy I want you to go back." "Not without you. I don't want-" "I didn't ask you what you wanted!"  I took a step back and almost fell backwards. "You made the bitch cry Darylina." He turned and left me standing there. Rick went after him and started talking to him. I thought for a minute he would come back but he didn't. He continued to walk away.

    "Rick please you have to go after him." "He's gone Miranda.." "No.. No!" I fought back the urge to run after him. Finally I got in the car.

    We came across a truck in the middle of the road. When I went to get out they all stopped me and left me in the car. We got moving again and I fell back asleep.

   I came to off and on while Hershel dealt with the bullets and my other wounds. All I remember was screaming and all I could see was Daryl. When I woke up completely. My shoulder and my torso were wrapped. I looked at the bruises on my face and suddenly I was back at the cabin in the bathroom. Daryl walking in and seeing me only to be embarrassed it brought a smile to my face. Only this time he wasn't there and he didn't care. He looked at me with so much hate today. That's when I realized my wish of going back to the way it was came true. I never cried until I met him. Now it seemed like that was the only thing I did. I was gone. I died a long time ago, this girl with emotion and the ability to love was someone else. Maybe that's why he left. Maybe he realized I was gone.

    I laid down on the perch and went to put my hand on the bow but all I touched was cold concrete. "Right.. he's gone." I sat up quickly and looked around. I ran outside and saw Rick on watch. "Miranda, what's wrong?" "His motorcycle is still there at Woodbury." "And?" 

    "I'm going to get it. I'll be back by tomorrow." "And if you're not?" "Then I'm dead."

    "Be careful." I nodded and grabbed my bow and a rifle along with my sniper. I wasn't going to be caught without a weapon.

     I walked up to Woodbury's gates and was happy to see it still in chaos. I went through the broken metal and looked for his motorcycle. I checked around the perimeter to begin with and was nothing. I was passing a building when I saw it through the window. I checked around and didn't see anyone so I kicked the door open. They had it locked down to the floor. My guess is they knew someone would come for it. I started picking the locks one by one. It seemed to take forever. I undid the last lock and walked outside. I needed a way out. I stepped out of the building and came face to face with a gun.

    "Who are you?" "My name is Miranda. I have a baby and I'm looking for formula that's all. Can you help me?" She stopped for a minute and nodded. "Come with me quickly. I'll show you a way out. Is that your motorcycle?" "Yeah some damn redneck stole it from my camp. It was my husbands before he died. It's all I have of him." 

    "I'll help you get out with it." I smiled and she opened up a door. She looked in and motioned for me to follow her. I walked in and she led me to the back. "Here. It's all we have." "I appreciate it ma'am. Is there anything I can do?" "I like your bow." Of course it had to be the bow. I handed it over and grabbed the formula. We went back to the motorcycle and she showed me a way out.

    "I've been sneaking out lately. The governor is breathing down our necks and I wanted some time alone you know?"  "Ya. Thanks by the way." She nodded and I was about to leave when someone shot her. I looked back and saw the Governor. I grabbed my bow and left. I have to admit it was easy with her. I feel bad about getting her shot but just last night her people were trying to kill us. I just hope it doesn't get much worse.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 4.3K 49
Daryl finds a girl while out on a run, completely alone, and traumatized. She doesn't speak, she hardly sleeps, but Daryl can tell she's tough. Daryl...
289 11 29
When Maddy and the rest of the group are forced onto there knees and threatened by this new group there leader finds a strange liking in Ricks daught...
298K 5.3K 37
It's hard to survive a world where everything wants to kill you. Every corner you turn, every decision you make, and every breath taken. There's alw...
10.2K 353 26
A few weeks After the fall of the prison, everyone is separated. Daryl is on his own and wanting to die. After Carol saves him, she takes him back to...