Dear Alex A.

By Just_Mixed

"Where is Alexander?" Every Nightwalker she runs into seems to be asking her the same question. Truth be told... More

Chaptear 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Fin

Chapter 16

71 3 0
By Just_Mixed

~~~~~~~
So I usually have my notes at the end but wanted to do a quick shout out to my readers around the world: New Zealand, South Africa, Nigeria, and of course the US! Thank you so much and I do hope you guys are enjoying my story!
~~~~~~~

"So what did it say?" Victor couldn't hide his curiosity even he wanted to. Trail. Follow the trail. What trail?! The first letter said they were being chased, somewhere with red rocks and forest. This one said they were caught by humans.

"How did you get this? Who gave it to you?" I demanded, gathering the letters.

"It just came in the mail." The old man blinked with his thick eyebrows furrowed as if that was the only logical way for one to receive a letter. "It came in another envelope with instructions, when you showed me the first one, I knew it must be for you."

"But why should I be the one to receive my father's letters? And so many years after they were written?"

"Are you sure they were for him?" Victor inquired as if he knew something.

"They said Alex, as in Alexander. What other Alex is there?"

"You?" Patch asked from behind me. I turned to look at him unamused. This was not a time for stupid jokes.

"My name is Fay, not Alex." I corrected but when I faced the pack leader again I remembered something from a few nights ago. Daniel had even asked if my name was just 'Fay'. I brought out my phone and dialed a number.

"Hello?"

"Did you name me after him?" I asked quietly, remembering the words written in blood on the wall a few days ago.

"What? After who?" Mom yelled at someone in the background, "Sorry, what was that?"

"Did you name me after my dad?" My hands shook, barely keeping the phone up to my ear. The line remained quiet for a few seconds before she answered.

"Unofficially, yes. Your full name would have been Alexandra Fay Albescu. Why?"

"I gotta go."

"No! Fay! What's going on?" Beep. She might kill me later...Scratch that, she will kill me later.

"Dammit!"I kicked the chair closest to me causing it to flip away. "They've been toying with me! All this time! And you! This is your territory, why aren't you doing anything about it?!" I pointed an accusing finger at the pack leader who cleared looked offended but held his tongue.

"Fay calm down." Patch placed a hand on my shoulder, "It isn't that simple, especially since they have some witches on their side. Tracking and detecting them becomes more of a challenge."

"Red rocks and forest, what place has that? I need to go now!" My mind was racing, full on NASCAR mode. I paced around the study searching for any place that would fit the description, unfortunately I barely passed Geography in school. The study, though brightly lit, seemed to grow darker and more solemn.

"You can't just take off like this." Victor chuckled, I have to give him props for cooling his head so quickly. "You've trained as a hunter, yes, but I have a feeling you don't have much experience as a wolf. Is that correct?"

"I'll be fine, I've dealt with wolves before."

"He does have a point..."Patch coughed, "But I can teach her just fine."

"Nonsense! You are not fit to teach anyone, especially the Heiress!" Victor growled viciously, "Know your place rogue."

"Don't get your panties in a bunch, old man. I may not be in a pack but I'm still a child of the moon. She needs an education, not a brainwashing session." Victor snarled and in a flash he leapt over the desk, his hand closed around Patch's throat.

"Be grateful you're still in one piece."

"Victor! Let him go!" I barked with my fists clenched. "He hasn't done anything to you!" The old man growled but released his grip, straightening himself out.

"Forgive me heiress, there is much you do not understand yet. But for a lower ranked wolf, especially a rogue, to disrespect an Alpha so openly-"

"I don't care what your rules are, he's with me so you will not lay a hand on him again." My hands were on my hips and Victor's face drained of all color.

"Don't tell me he's your mate?" My face flushed and a little voice threatened to break through from my subconscious but I silenced it quickly.

"W...well..." I couldn't admit to anything. Just yesterday I felt happy to be able to find someone I could relate to and maybe start something with. I didn't even hesitate to kiss him in front of Warden. But now...?

"She isn't my fated mate if that's what you're asking." Patch answered for me, wrapping an arm around my waist he pulled me close. My body wanted to pull away from him, but I'm pretty sure that would give Victor permission to trash the guy.

"B...back on topic!" I stepped away from the two. "I'll come and learn with you." I nodded to Victor who grinned triumphantly.

"What?!" Patch blurted, he looked wounded.

"This is my decision to make, no if, ands, or buts." I cringed internally at the words once said to me.

"Fine, but I'm staying here with her too."

"Not a chance pup." Victor shot the rogue a frosty glare which he gladly returned.

"I'll be back in two days. We'll train for two weeks, then we'll head out. In the meantime, help me find that place he was talking about. Red rocks and forest." Victor nodded while I dialed Evelyn's number.

"I'm sorry. You're really sweet and funny, and I can actually relate to you in so many ways! But something keeps pushing me away. I can't really explain it." Patch and I were out in front of the church. I felt like crap but Patch just smiled wistfully.

"Well I honestly didn't expect this to happen to me, but oh well." He gripped my hands in his, "You've found him haven't you?" I felt like such a puppy when I tilted my head to a side in confusion. He laughed and gave me a light kiss on the cheek. "See you around Heiress."

"Take care, and stay out of trouble." I smiled up at the handsome man feeling incredibly relieved, but at the same time I felt a bit uneasy. I barely knew this guy, but the way he acted at the pack house and the way he's acting now are totally different.

"Call me if you ever need some company." He winked, letting go of my hands and strolling away with his hands in his pockets.

"He was pretty cute too, such a shame." Cleo frowned watching him go. I kid you not when I say I almost jumped out of my skin, a shriek caught in my throat. The cold wind ushered me inside where I glared at Cleo who giggled and skipped away.

"I'm home." I sighed to myself walking through the chapel and into the kitchen. I had already talked to Evelyn on our way back and she agreed with my plan but ordered that someone goes with me. Naturally, my first choice was Cleo, but the final decision would be up to Evelyn.

"Where's the other mutt?" A low voice growled behind me, our proximity sent goosebumps crawling up my arms.

"What the hell?! Don't scare me like that!" I whirled around and stumbled back from Warden. "He left." I answered before scurrying away. Avoid! Avoid! Avoid! I hadn't even made it three steps before my arm was grabbed and I got whiplash.

"Is he coming back?" Luke asked all the  while sparks ignited in me. My heart began picking up speed which pissed me off monumentally.

"He might if I call him." I ripped my arm away, cradling it as if his touch burned me. Thomas popped into the kitchen, but seeing our stand off, he turned heel and exited just as abruptly.

"Fay-"

"Don't call me that. Only friends can call me by my name. You on the other hand, have no reason to talk to me." I turned to leave but my stomach growled and I swore under my breath. "Now get out, I'm hungry." I opened the fridge and felt his chest against my back. My pulse was now completely out of control and my cheeks burned.

"Why don't you make me?" He challenged, his hands were on either side of the fridge, trapping me completely. 'Why? Why?! WHY?!'

"Back off you pervert!" I turned, attempting to glare a hole through his skull, but that was a mistake. Warmth and the scent of allspice was all my mind registered. "Get away from me." I growled, fighting back for the sake of my sanity.

"Make me." Luke repeated, leaning closer with a brilliant smile.

"Are you sick? Is that what it is?" I tried reasoning, fanning away the clouds in my mind. The emerald eyes blinked, 'Not following.' "A few days ago you threw me out of your room and told me to stay away from you. This is the opposite of staying away." My back was now cold from the open fridge, making his warm body seem all the more tempting to curl into. 'Resist dammit! You're supposed to be repulsed!'

"I'm sorry." The whole world stopped. Pigs majestically took to the air. Fangirls willingly gave up on their OTPs. Hell froze over, twice. And I stood there with my mouth open like an idiot. Luke's smile faded, he turned, and disappeared down the hallway to his room.

"What did you do to him?" Thomas came back to the kitchen, pulling out a box of cookies from the pantry.

"No idea..." I couldn't move until Thomas nudged me aside for the gallon of milk. My stomach growled again and my eyes wandered to the box of cookies which Thomas hugged protectively. "Sharing is caring?" I tried.

"I don't care." Thomas snorted stuffing another cookie in his mouth. I grumbled and shoved him aside, digging around in the fridge.

"So we're all clear on the situation?" Evelyn asked one last time, the team nodded. "Now the question is who will be going with her?" Damien's hand shot up instantly. "Nope." Evelyn shot him down without so much as a glance, the kid whined heartbroken. "Cleo?" The woman mulled it around, her head tilting from side to side.

"No." Thomas answered from the other side of the room.

"Is your name Cleo?" Evelyn raised an eyebrow at him slightly amused like the rest of us.

"No, but you shouldn't just toss her in that hell hole."

"I don't mi-"

"I'll go." Warden cut her off keeping his eyes down.

"Go jump off a bridge?" I asked hopefully earning a look of disapproval from the tall blonde in front. "He's not coming with me."

"I've been in charge of her since she got here, I'll be the one to keep an eye on her over there." He ignored my protests, looking straight at Evelyn.

"No."

"What he says is true..."

"Cleo said she-"

"That's settled then." The jerk crossed his arms, leaning back in his seat.

"No!" I repeated firmly, "We don't even get along you know that!" I jumped to my feet.

"Then maybe this time together will force you to make up. Remember, we're a team, and I can't have you guys acting like anything less." Evelyn closed the discussion and walked away; the rest of the team exited with Damien and Cleo giving me sympathetic glances.

"Who are you and what have you done with the arrogant jerkwad?" My fists clenched at my sides. He didn't meet my gaze, the stranger just sat, staring at the floor. Rage bubbled up inside of me and I stormed out of the living room before I could commit homicide.

I slammed my door, turned on my stereo full blast, and plopped onto my bed. Holding my phone above me, I just realized Christmas Eve was tomorrow...

***Luke's POV***

'What the hell did I just do?!' Everyone left, the mutt slammed her door and I could hear her blaring music. The singer's voice screamed out; I know I've heard this song before...

Come break me down,
Bury me, bury me
I am finished with you, you, you.

That's right. He used to listen to this band a lot. He used to listen to a lot of the bands she likes... I leaned over and cradled my face in my hands. 'What the hell am I doing?'

~~~~~~~
So off we go! Points to anyone who can name the song XD
Vote? Comment? Or just keep reading quietly. That's appreciated too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241K 6.6K 36
Leila Dark, 24 yrs old, is from the Navy Pack. The Navy Pack is more like a pack for werewolves that want to be soldiers and want to help other pack...
9.4K 265 27
COMPLETE - Highest Ranking: 85 in Nature | "I loved you from the moment I met you, Sofia." | Sofia's world turned upside down when her parents were m...
19.4K 647 47
Highest Ranking #14 in Hunter 4-12-19 #21 in Warlock 10-25-18 #55 in Demon 1-19-19 #431 in Werewolf 4-15-19 Book One "MATE!" He yelled. I stared at...
395K 11.1K 30
"She's here, I smell her." He walked through the long line of girls, his nose in the air. I look down when he stops at me. "Look at me dear." He com...