Stubborn Hearts(girlxgirl)

By JessSkywalker

[COMPLETED & BEING EDITED] "You're willing to risk your life for me? For us? Is that what you want?"... More

I. Those Violet Eyes
II. Unforgotten Love
III. Reasons to Avoid
IV. Butterflies in a Frenzy
V. Winning Kisses & Drama Filled Realizations
VI. Here Comes Trouble
VII. Hiding in Closets with the Boogeyman
VIII. Death by Blink-182 and Wicked Trances
IX. Red Lipstick Kisses from a Whore
X. Tauntings of a Heartless Beauty
XI. Succumbing to the Hungry Lion
XII. Following the Harmonies of a Misfit
XIII. The Secrets Spill While Blood Drips: Part One
XIII: Let the Secrets Spill While the Blood Drips: Part Two
XV: The Bases Are Loaded, So is the Enemy's Gun
XVI. The Nameless Casualty who Captured the Quarry's Heart
XVII. The Unforgotten Fallen and the Deceiving
XVIII: When Favors Become Risk-Takers
XIX. As Phantoms Collide, a Past is Revealed
XX. A Mother's Embrace Helps Forget Everything
XXI. The Phantom's Discovery for a Certain Savior
XXII. The Dark Side of Boston: Part One
XXII. The Dark Side of Boston: Part Two
XXIII. Face to Face with the Enemy
XXIV. The Girl Behind the Cold Mask
XXV. The Lost Value of the Phantoms
XXVI. The Will of a Broken Savior
XXVII. The Clashing of Two Rivals: Part One
XXVII. The Clashing of Two Rivals: Part Two
XXVII: The Clashing of Two Rivals: Part Three
XVIII. Home Sweet Home with a Spice of Phantoms
XXIX. A Savior's Goodbye
XXX. The Tears of a Phantom
XXXI. An Eye for an Eye to Satisfy the Hellcat
XXXII. The Beauty of Family
XXXIII. The Love of a Savior and a Phantom
Epilogue
//FAQ//

XIV: When the Hellcat Gives a Warning

21.8K 485 43
By JessSkywalker

WARNING: Unedited

I had trouble with this chapter mainly because it's partially a filler chap once again but hopefully you guys like it even if I don't.  >.<!

___________________________________________________________

Stubborn Hearts:

XIV: When the Hellcat Gives a Warning

HELENA

I wanted to scream out in frustration or punch someone so badly. That’s how angry I felt. As I stared at Ella who chewed on her nail, nervously, her emerald green eyes flickering to the bathroom door each time she heard groans from behind it, I knew I had to suppress that anger. It wasn’t Sam’s fault that she stupidly let her anger get the best of her when it came to that conniving bastard. No, it wasn’t her fault at all. The person to blame for bringing the Black Vendetta here is a certain blonde haired, blue eyed girl who shouldn’t have crossed paths with me. 

If she kept on walking and ignored my grunts as those idiots pounded me, she wouldn’t be in danger. Tony wouldn’t have sent his little ol’ Hellcat here. Our paths wouldn’t have crossed. But it did and now, my recruits are being attacked and being ordered to keep a close eye to this academy because a certain someone couldn’t keep her hands off her girlfriend. If she kept her focus on the demand I given her then, I wouldn’t be bombarded with the Black Vendetta barging through the school doors and declaring their leader’s hatred with each fist. 

I sighed heavily, running my hands through my hair as I glared at the wall across from me where I sat on my bed. Ella got up from Danni’s bed and began to pace around the room, my eyes trailing after her, narrowing. This wasn’t the first time Sam got in a little predicament. The last few times were nothing compared to this. Those times where Sam actually had her head in the game and listened to my instructions, she would come back with only a few scratches. Nothing bad like I saw the moment I burst through the door and saw her laying on my bed, laughing at our expressions as blood ran down her lips to her chin as it dripped to her shirt. The bruises that were healing from the beat down I gave her last time were now replaced with newer ones. 

I know Sam didn’t back down. If she was useless in a fight, she would be in a pissed off mood the next day, scolding herself on how she could’ve fought harder. Everyone who was in the same room with her would see the dark mood she was in and wouldn’t bother her. If they did, they wouldn’t be able to walk the next day. Though, seeing her laughing while she’s injured wasn’t something new. This girl was psychotic. She laughed away her pain instead of moaning like any sane person. She enjoys the pain; more like a lesson to learn from to improve. That was Sam for you. 

The door to the room opened and in came Amanda carrying a few items in her hands that Ella requested. I didn’t understand why Ella couldn’t fetch them herself than allowing Amanda to do it. The storage room was just one floor below. But of course, her instinct to know if Sam was alright overpowered her. That’s the thing I never understood in Ella and Sam’s relationship. One didn’t care on the trouble they get themselves into while the other worries. Danni would sometimes lecture Sam each time Ella fusses over what Sam got herself into. I knew Danni was annoyed of her wariness and made Sam hear it each time but does Sam listen? Look what she got herself into. She got herself beaten up badly and comes out with a stupid grin on her face.

“Do you need anything else?’ Amanda asked Ella, her ocean blue eyes flickering to me for a brief moment before consoling Ella. 

“No,” Ella shook her head, grabbing the few water bottles and crackers from Amanda. “This is fine.”

I rolled my eyes, slowly becoming annoyed at Ella. 

She needed to understand that this would become a routine. Being a part of a gang, no one would come back home as the way they left. There would be bruises, blood, and death. That was the gang life. Blood would be shed. She should stop her worry before I smack some sense into her. Though, Sam wouldn’t like it but who was she to stop me? I was in a higher place than them and they obey to me. Being the Head of the Phantoms, I was respected and everyone showed their loyalty to me. But when it came to Sam and Ella, they defy me. I may be crazy to say that it was just me that I keep thinking they would disregard me than what they’re actually doing which is being loyal Guerillas. The past still hasn’t been forgotten even if they did their best to gain my forgiveness - which I have already - I can’t help but doubt their actions towards me.

It would be a long way before I fully trust them but as of right now, my trust hardly been glued back on these two. 

“How did you become involved with all this?” Amanda asked, waving her hands in circular motion indicating with the whole gang ordeal.

Ella shot me a look and I knew what that meant. Ever since that incident few years back, she would ask permission for anything that I needed to confirm. This wasn’t one of them. She should know that even if I was present during that time and always treated her like the enemy, it was her story to tell and I can’t stop her from telling it. So, I gave her a shrug of the shoulders and heading to the bathroom not wanting to listen to her story-telling. Like I said, I was present when she was initiated in the gang and the events happening before it.

Unlike the rest of us who grew up with our families being part of the gang, there were a few who were initiated into the family. But Ella was a different case. Her family wasn’t part of the Phantoms nor were they just civilians living amongst us. No, her family was our enemy. They had Phantoms’ blood on their hands just like any other Black Vendetta member. They were born into that crap so was Ella yet during that time, Sam was convinced that she was nothing like them. She didn’t have her hands stained with blood. Ella was a black sheep in her family. She was against violence and hated the way the Black Vendetta’s strategies worked. 

To think I hated her guts when Sam brought her to my doorstep made it seem like a childish move. Never had I come across a Black Vendetta member wanting to turn their back on their family and join us. I could remember that night so vividly and could feel the faint hatred towards the girl who seemed to grow on me each day…

The erratic pounding on the front door was infuriating me as I descended down the stairs. It was 2:30 am and even though I was still awake trying to figure out a plan to escort the Eagle and the Falcon to a safe place where the Black Vendetta won’t follow so they can welcome their unborn child to the world, I asked everyone not to bother me tonight. If it was an emergency, I would understand if they called in but to come to my house and pound their fists heavily on the door wasn’t a wise choice. I glanced back to the top of the stairs to see a tall form with his arms folded over his chests, a hard look on his face as he glared at the front door possibly killing the person on the other side for interrupting his sleep.

“Go back to sleep,” I told him only to receive that death glare of his.

We gazed at each other for a moment before he grunted and returned back to his bedroom though, I know he wouldn’t go back to sleep until I dealt with the person and I was safely confined in my room. To have a brother like him had its ups and downs when it came to protection. During that time, he was the Head of everything after the Eagle stepped down and passed the title to him. It was a time where I was happy and enjoyed helping my brother with his work. It was his way of educating me on how to be a great leader in the future. 

The heavy pounding continued and my attention snapped back to the front door. I walked to it and swung open the door. The smell of wet dog hit my nose as the heavy rain continued to pour. Two sets of heavy pants greeted me as I stared at the two girls before me - drenched from head to toe. I arched an eyebrow, waiting for an explanation as to why they were on my doorstep at this time. 

Sam gave me a small smile before clearing her throat, her body shivering from the coldness as those hazel eyes had a battle of emotions. The most prominent one was anger. 

“You do know what time it is, right?” I glanced at the trembling girl who stood behind Sam, her emerald green eyes looking up at me beneath those thick eyelashes. Her dark hair clung to her skin as those plump lips quivered. Her cheeks were a tinge of red from the coldness of that night biting against her skin. 

“Helena,” Sam gritted out, sounding a bit protective of the girl.

I drew my gaze back to her, “Get in.”

I stepped aside, letting them in and quickly assessing the quiet girl who followed Sam inside and to the living room, completely soaking the carpet. She was pretty though, I wasn’t really fond of quiet girls. It took most of my effort to make them utter a word. A waste of time, if you ask me. I was interested in talkative girls that don’t eat your ears out. As I continued to stare at the girl while she took interest at playing with the hem of her coat, there was a familiarity to her. Something about her reminded me of someone yet I couldn’t quite grasp on who.

“I’m sorry for coming this late, Helena,” Sam began, tearing my attention away from the girl to her. “We didn’t know where else to go-”

“Your place, obviously,” I muttered, collapsing onto the couch.

Sam glared at me for a moment before brushing it off, “Yeah, that wouldn’t be a great idea.”

“And why not? Who’s this girl anyway?”

She looked at the girl beside her, wrapping an arm around her waist, pulling her closer to her body. “This is Ella. Ella…Black.”

My eyes widened at her name, quickly rising to my feet as anger filled my veins. Not only did I have a Black Vendetta member in my house - the same roof where the Head of the Phantoms lived and hated every member of the Black Vendetta - but she was the same blood to the bastard who was ordered to kill my parents. How dare Sam bring that scum in my house? How dare she bring a Black into Phantoms territory?

“Helena, before you do or say anything-” Sam stepped forward, shielding the girl.

“Step away from her, Sam,” I demanded, my glare never leaving the quivering girl.

“Listen, you need to understand-”

“Understand?!” I snapped, my hands curling into fists. “The bitch is related to the very same man who killed my parents. Have you forgotten, Sam?”

“No, but-”

Helena.

My head snapped to the threshold of the living room, seeing my brother standing there. His hard gaze was on that Ella girl who hid herself even more behind Sam. My brother was intimidating when you first saw him. Anyone would think so when you look at his tall, muscular built form. Unlike me, his vanilla white skin was untouched by tattoos. The only ones he allowed to ink on his skin was our parents’ names on his biceps. His dark blue eyes hardly softened from their narrowed gaze as a few strands from his black hair fell over his forehead. His strong jaw had a five o-clock shadow and his sharp nose had a small bump on the bridge, a reminder of the fight he had with Tony a while back. He only wore a pair of sweatpants that hung low on his hips, his toned chest exposed to the three of us. I caught a glimpse of the girl eyeing his stomach where a brand scarred his skin. The marking of Tony’s wrath…

I bowed my head, a respect to him not only as my brother but as my leader. Sam did the same except for her little friend. Bringing a Black Vendetta member to this house was disrespectful. I felt like slapping the crap out of Sam right there and then. But the quick look my brother shot me, I knew he would stop me. He approached me, flicking my ear probably for raising my voice to Sam. He wasn’t fond of me letting my anger get a toll on me. He always told me that patience is virtue and being patient and calm can overcome your enemies. 

He sat down, his dark gaze looking Ella closely. “Sit.”

A simple order that made Sam and Ella obey quickly. 

I clenched my jaw tightly, realizing that they were still wet from the rain and they just sat down on leather couches.

“Helena,” my brother nudged me with his knee.

I sat down, continuing to glare at Ella who avoided both my brother and I as she looked down at her hands.

“Now,” he said, throwing his arm over the couch, relaxing himself. “Continue with what you were saying, Sam. I’ll keep Helena at bay.”

Sam cracked a smile but it quickly disappeared when I glared at her. “Well, I was trying to explain that Ella isn’t the enemy here. Yes, her family is a part of the Black Vendetta but she isn’t. She left them. She turned her back and walked away from the violence and their wicked ways. Her parents practically disowned her when she voiced her opinions. They didn’t like that she had a different view than them. She told me that Tony gave her an ultimatum: Either continue to be a part of the family and still be with hers or kill the Phantoms next Bellator* that would serve the future leader.”

“Did you two know each other before?” My brother asked, grabbing the ends of my hair and pulled and quickly I shut my mouth close before I interjected. 

It was a warning to keep my mouth shut and if there were no guests, he would have punched my arm and hit my face with a pillow. He disliked the very action of disrespect. Our father taught us to be respectful to everyone even those who disrespect us. I sighed heavily, my glare never once softening at the two girls sitting on the other couch who intertwined their hands together. 

“Umm…” Sam chuckled nervously, grabbing Ella’s hand in hers. “Yes. We knew each other. Forgive me, Boss, for not telling you. We kept it a secret. We knew if the Black Vendetta found out about us, they were surely kill Ella and I knew the Phantoms didn‘t allow any member to interact with the enemy.”

“We’re dealing with fucking Romeo and Juliet here,” I hissed under my breath causing my brother to chuckle lightly.

“I understand,” he said, a ghost smile played at his lips. His dark blue gaze flickered to me, humor etched in those orbs. “I also understand that Ella didn’t want to kill you which I am glad. Besides Danni, Sam wouldn’t be able to keep Helena’s anger issues at check if Ella targeted you. But if she left them, she’s a target, Sam. What do you planned to do?”

Sam looked at Ella and I was sickened at the sight.

They were like my parents. Always lovey-dovey with each other. They stared into each other’s eyes, a sweet smile on Sam’s lips. I tore my gaze away, ignoring my brother’s chuckle. Sam was my wing woman. Danni always had her nose in the books and hardly went out with us. Sam and I would go partying and get girls. We were the perfect duo but now she was sucked into that love spiral with that girl. A cliché of forbidden love. 

“I was planning to ask for protection…for Ella-”

“Fuck no!” I rose to my feet. “If the Black Vendetta is targeting her, she’s endangering all of us. Kick her out on the street and let them have her. She’s not our concern, Sam.”

“No!” Sam rose to her feet as well, glaring back at me. This was the first time she disagreed on something.

“No? Did you just fucking say ‘no’?”

“Yes, I did. I will not let them have her. I promised her protection and I will give her that. With or without the Phantoms. If you say she’s not worthy of protection, then I’m leaving.”

“You’re going to leave the gang - the very same gang who’s put a roof over your head, over your mother’s head and done everything to keep you guys safe - for a girl who’s now a target of the Black Vendetta. Do you know who they’re going to send for this kind of shit?”

“I won’t let her touch Ella even if it kills me.”

“Don’t speak like that,” the shy girl finally spoke, tightening her hold on Sam’s hand. “We’ll find a way-”

“Yeah, find a way out the--”

HELENA!” 

I flinched from his loud voice, making me bow my head as he towered over me, grasping the ends of my hair once again and tugged.

“Sit. Your. Ass. Down.” He grabbed my shoulder and pushed me down on the couch. “Now, Sam,” he glanced at her, his grasp on my shoulder tightening. “Bringing a girl who used to belong to the Black Vendetta would create an uproar in this family. Not only was she our enemy, many of them would think she’s a spy. Now, we don’t need to have arguments and pick sides. You know how I hate when people take sides. She’s a target for Tony’s infamous Hellcat. Ella may know how his Hellcat plays and she can protect herself. Though, you wouldn’t like her to fight this battle alone. I know you would do anything to protect her and coming here and asking for protection was very wise of you. Considering how my sister hates your guts, Ella, due to past events but I’m the one in charge. I should be the one to be asked for this not her. 

She may be the next leader of the Phantoms but as of right now, I am. And this is what I think of this. Sam was foolish in bringing you here. My sister and I aren’t fond of any Black Vendetta member especially the Black family. You may understand considering your uncle killed our parents. But in order to gain our trust, you have to make us see that you won’t betray us. If Sam haven’t told you yet, the Phantoms aren’t fond of betrayal. We had come across some circumstances that had put our lives at risk. I admire Sam’s passion in trying to protect you and I see that she would do anything for you. So, as leader of the Phantoms, I am permitting protection to Ella Black. If Tony’s Hellcat is sent to come after you, I would like to meet her: the infamous Hellcat that everyone has been talking about. I think her and I would have an interesting conversation.”

“Thank you,” Ella breathed, grinning and hugging Sam.

I may had disagreed with my brother’s decision in protecting an ex-member of our rival gang. I may had treated Ella as if she was scum. I may had almost lost my friendship with Sam but I knew in the future, Ella would be reliable but how soon would that knowing last when it came to taking the person I loved away from me and breaking my trust.

When it came to love, danger always comes with it…

The sound of the bathroom door opening snapped me out of my memories and I was met with aqua green eyes. Danni stood there, wiping her hands against her jeans. The tips of her Mohawk almost poking my eyes out. I wanted to swat her hair to the side but I knew how Danni loved her hair. She used a lot of hairspray for that Mohawk and I always wonder how long it would take to kill me with that odor each time she opens the can. Her heart shaped face came into view again and those aqua green eyes bored into mine, probably looking for a sign of anger.

“She wants to talk to you,” she said, glancing around the room before settling her eyes on the two girls who continued to talk. “Be nice,” she said in the end before making her way to the Ella and Amanda.

I rolled my eyes, “I’m always nice.”

I walked into the bathroom, seeing Sam sitting on the counter and munching on some Red Vines. Her head was resting on the mirror as she stared at the ceiling. Her jet black hair spilled back contrasting against her ivory skin. She had rolled the sleeves of her flannel to her elbows revealing a few of her tattoos. Danni did a good job in cleaning the cuts on Sam’s face and stopped the bleeding from her nose though there were a few blood stains on her shirt. 

“Did you get in a few punches?” I asked, closing the door behind me and perched myself against me.

Her hazel eyes drifted towards me for a moment before returning back to the ceiling. “Yeah but not as good as she gave me,” she chuckled.

“How did it happen?” 

Sam shrugged, “I don’t know remember that well. All I can muster up is that I was heading to the dorms to meet up Ella but then I saw her speaking with Melanie. It was like they were having an argument. She had Melanie’s hair in her fist and kept pulling her head back while speaking to her. Dude, you wouldn’t want to be in Melanie’s shoes while she’s practically killing you with her eyes. Anyway, I did my best to go unnoticed but she saw me. She always sees everything when she’s on high alert whenever she’s in our territory. She just threw Melanie to the side and came to me. What confused me was that she hugged me. She hugged me, Helena. Do you know how much bricks I shitted? I was expecting her to have a knife on me and make others who walked by us seem as if we were long lost friends hugging it out. Then, she says, ‘Let’s have our chat’. Next thing you know, she punches my stomach and starts bashing on me. Have you ever been bashed on by her?! She reminds me of you when you just let your anger take over, man. To think that stabbing her in her shoulder blade would result to this then, I don’t want to be in her revenge list. She would fight to the death if it weren’t for Ella who came to my rescue.”

“You always get yourself in deep shit when it comes to her,” I told her, peeling myself off the door. “Did you hear what she was telling Melanie though?”

Sam narrowed her eyes, probably racking her brain. “Not really but I did catch Tony’s name. Whatever it was, Melanie pissed her off real good to be treated like that.”

“Melanie would do everything to get her attention,” I spat out, opening the bathroom door.

I was about to leave the bathroom but Sam’s voice stopped me, sending cold chills down my spine.

“She did tell me something though.”

I looked over my shoulder at her, arching an eyebrow.

“I know she wanted revenge for wounding her but I know how she works according to Ella. She wouldn’t beat you to a pulp. Since I was protecting Ella that time that she was sent to execute her, Ella told me that she would just give me a few punches and go on her merry way. She’s not that cold blooded - that’s what Ella says anyway. But this was different. It was like a warning not to me, but to…you.”

“What did she say, Sam?” I gritted out, anger slowly burning inside of me.

“She said, ‘This is half of what it would look like when I get my hands on your little damsel’. I guess, she needs more protection, huh?”

I didn’t know what to think.

Rhea not only beaten one of my members but she used her as a warning. She did something out of her character. Rhea was playing differently. As Tony’s Enforcer, she always executed the targets on the first day never lasting more than that. She was playing a game of cat and mouse. Whatever Rhea has planned out, I have to be two steps forward. I brought my gaze back to the blonde haired girl who laughed along with Ella.

“Last time I saw her before Ella pulled me away was her heading to that Yearbook Club room,” Sam informed, knowing me full well.

I nodded, heading out of the room. I know it that short time that I left them in the room, Danni would question Sam as to why I abruptly left. Danni would do everything to keep me at bay. It was a promise to him. In my entire life, I always needed an anchor to keep me from doing the stupidest thing. Right now, this was probably the outmost dumbest thing I have ever done. I was walking into the lion’s den. I may be the Head of the Phantoms, a full pack of Guerillas and Bellators who would do anything for me, and have my life set on protecting Amanda but all that doesn’t compare to Tony’s Hellcat. 

Before, no one knew of her. No one knew how she came to be the most feared Enforcer of the Black Vendetta. It had been years since the Black Vendetta had been this feared. How she was recruited, no one knows. There were rumors that Tony’s father had seen her fight and saw potential in her. Others said that the devil possessed her and came across Tony’s gang but that was absurd. How the Hellcat came to be was a mystery and only Tony knew. As if I was going to Tony’s house for story-telling, I snorted.

I sped up as soon as I left the dormitory, ignoring a few girls’ callings. Right now wasn’t the time to waste on them. When you mess with my family, you don’t get the bull. You get a mother bear when you threatened her cubs. I saw my gang as my children because I was setting those plans out. I was putting their lives on my hands. It may be a strange analogy to describe on how I felt but it was true. 

The cold air blew, slowly numbing my skin but I ignored it. The anger inside me was burning me up. The adrenaline of hatred towards a certain Hellcat was firing inside of me. The English and Math building came into view. The entire Academy was connected almost forming a ‘U’ shape except for the dormitory to be separate and set on the end, giving it view of the softball and soccer field. It was a large campus and resembled Princeton with a minimum of 2,000 students enrolled. Black Willow Academy wasn’t that famous but it was for the dying rich. The only reason a few members of the Phantoms were enrolled was because the Headmistress was Danni’s mother and wanted Danni to have a bright future included Ella and I. Danni’s mother took the roll of guardian with me and I was grateful for that even if she was against me taking my place as the Head of the gang.

I owe everything to Danni’s mother but all she ever told me was to keep Danni safe. We were the next generation of the Phantoms. Like her late husband, Mrs. Williams knew the tactics of the Phantoms and the ground work. She had been through those dark times where her husband would be in the ICU. That’s the one place I won’t let her walk into when it came to Danni. 

A student opened the door to the building and I ran past her, heading to the staircase. My focus closed on going to the second floor to the Yearbook Club. I pushed the few students lingering around aside as my feet slapped against the floor. My fists aching to hit flesh. My breathing was slowly coming out in pants as I tried my best to keep my anger at bay. I reached the room and swung open the door only to come across Rhea slipping on her shirt while the brunette fixed her skirt. Her blouse was wrinkled and the buttons she closed were misplaced. Her light brown eyes flickered to me, a blush rising to her cheeks as she mumbled something to Rhea and ran out of the room.

“Isn’t she a bit too young for you?” I asked her, disdained. 

Rhea glanced over her shoulder at me, brushing back her black hair. 

I could never get used to Tony’s Hellcat. She was beautiful with those gorgeous myriads of tattoos inking her skin, the plugs she sported, and those golden blue eyes that twinkled with mischief. Her five foot seven frame was slim, covered always in black. Even though she was the enemy, I could never stop myself from ogling her. She was the perfect specimen a man or woman would drool over. I usually wondered how Tony never had his hands on her. Couldn’t he see the beauty in her? Knowing full well she was gay, Tony could at least try something on. Hell, I would if I was him.

“Coming to Sam’s defense, are we?” She said, her voice husky while she took out a pack of cigarettes from her back pocket. “I did tell Ella that I wanted to have a chat with Sam, didn’t she inform you?”

She did yet she didn’t tell me that Rhea had been on campus before.

“Attacking one of my members on my territory is saying something, Rhea,” I told her, walking to closest desk as I dragged my nails along the wood. “Surely, Tony warned you not to create any trouble here.”

“I just wanted to have chat with her,” Rhea smirked, slipping a cigarette between her full lips and lit it up. “It’s not like I killed her and declared war. That’s Tony’s job.”

“And your job is being his little bitch.” Now, I got myself in deep shit, I thought as Rhea narrowed her eyes on me.

“Funny,” she gritted out as she blew out smoke. “You’re stupid in coming here alone. What, with your little damsel being in your room with three of your Phantoms while some of my Outsiders* are lounging around waiting for the perfect time to strike when she leaves that room. There’s a reward on your head, Helena. These Outsiders would do anything when it involves money while on their desperate times.”

“If one hair is misplaced on her head, I will kill you,” I threatened, stepping closer to her. 

Her smirk grew back on her lips as she tossed her cigarette into the plastic water. “Can you, Helena? Others had told me the same thing but,” she grabbed my throat tightly and pushed me against the wall, “none of them could even give me a scratch. How are you different?”

I clawed at her arms, my throat restricting while my heart pounded hard against my chest. Her grip on my throat tightened even more to the point of hearing a ringing sound in my ears. I gasped, the need for air was desperate. My lungs needed it, my heart needed the oxygen. I reached out to grab her face but she leaned back, grinning cruelly at me. 

“Just like your brother,” she hissed out. “So weak and pathetic.”

Then, she brought her arm back and swung, punching my stomach. Pain shot through me and I think I made a whimper-like sound that seemed to satisfy her. The sick bastard. She attacked again but this time near my ribs and brought my face closer to her before bashing back against the wall. My vision started to get blurry while gray dots danced in my view. I could faintly hear her breathing as she released her hold on me only to grab a fistful of my hair and bash my face into the desk. Something cracked and a cry of pain escaped my lips.

I never knew underneath Rhea’s hold that I would be weak. 

I never knew that Rhea had more anger than me. But that anger wasn’t fully directed to me. No, as she threw me to the ground and towered over me, I could see a conflict in those golden blue eyes. Before she could strike again, I saw her jaw clenched and she staggered back, clutching her stomach. Pain was written all over her face and her breaths were coming out in pants. 

It only took one word for me to bolt out of there.

She threw a glare at me as she hissed, “Leave!

I clutched my stomach and rushed out, blood running down to my chin. I could still feel the stinging pain on my nose and on my stomach. I collapsed on the nearest wall, my head pounding and the pain withering inside of me didn’t give me enough energy to leave the building. I needed rest and medical help but how could I get that when my body was failing me? Now I knew why everyone feared Rhea Hellcat. She was a monster when it comes to her duty. She would stop at nothing to complete her task. The people who get in her way would get severely hurt or killed. Those who try to challenge her would only get seriously bashed on just like me. 

If this was what I was up against to protect Amanda then, I needed more help than I thought. 

__________________________________________________________

*Bellator: A fighter or soldier of the Phantom

*Outsider(s): Someone or a group of people who do inside job for the Black Vendetta yet aren't initiated into the gang. 

Thanks for reading! 

COMMENT your thoughts, VOTE if you liked it, and FAN if you wanna be a part of my recruit of padawans! <3 

Till the next chapter! \m/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

422 0 25
"I will obey your rules pixie. I will only kiss you until you ask for more. But I do not play fair in things I want." I lean almost speaking against...
2.9K 115 14
Cold, alone, and frightened, I stumble around in the dark alley, trying to find a hiding spot, I was trying to hide from them. I heard their shouts a...
3M 79.2K 38
I was awakened by a buzz, but I don't want to get up, instead I lay still on my bed and about to dream again when I heard a THUD, I flinched at the s...