Chemically Platonic

By XoDreamsXo

Juliette Harbison describes herself as mediocre and in all honesty she is nothing more than average. Does wel... More

Chemically Platonic (01) F is for Failure
Chemically Platonic (02) Garrulous
Chemically Platonic (03) Reticent
Chemically Platonic (04) Mouths and Legs
Chemically Platonic (05) Linguistics
Chemically Platonic (06) Presumptuous
Chemically Platonic (07) Personification & Testosterone
Chemically Platonic (08) A, B, C, D & DD
Chemically Platonic (09) Mages, Tanks and Heals, Oh My
Chemically Platonic (10) Settlers & Queens
Chemically Platonic (11) Lessons to Teach
Chemically Platonic (12) Out of Context
Chemically Platonic (13) Shirts & Skins
Chemically Platonic (15) Broken Vessels
Chemically Platonic (16) Invitation
Chemically Platonic (17) The Haribson Bunch
Chemically Platonic (18) Dessert
Chemically Platonic (19) Screams and Daydreams
Chemically Platonic (20) Sun, Sand and Sam
Chemically Platonic (21) Problem With Tens
Chemically Platonic (22) I'll Learn
Chemically Platonic (23) Peeping Toms and Ex's
Chemically Platonic (24) Worth It
Chemically Platonic (25) B and E
Chemically Platonic (26) Tempting Algorithms
Chemically Platonic (27) Dressing Up
Chemically Platonic (28) Dancing, Teasing and Inappropriate conduct
Chemically Platonic (29) Waking Up
Chemically Platonic (30) Dinner Round Two: Part One
Chemically Platonic (31) Secrets and Valid Terms
Chemically Platonic (32) Sam the Adventure Man
Chemically Platonic (33) Contractually Complete
Chemically Platonic (34) Epilogue

Chemically Platonic (14) Yours and Mine

497 36 4
By XoDreamsXo

 "Well, Come on in," I laughed at Sam as he gave me a weary stare. His eyes shifted from me to inside the house. He was hesitant about coming inside.

I held open my front door, my shoes already removed and set aside. Tilting my head sideways I gave him a smile. He seemed more nervous stepping into my house than I did his. He rubbed the toes of his shoes against the concrete steps.

"It's getting cold, come in," I murmured fidgeting. By the time Sam and I were done on the courtyard and home, it was dark outside. The breeze as sweeping into the house making me shiver.

"Are your parents okay with me coming into the house? When there not home?" Sam raised an eyebrow to the wild smirk displayed across my face when he asked.

My posture shifted as I put my hand on my hip, still propping the door open for him. He kept his weary stare on me, still unsure.

"I wouldn't know. They aren't here to ask." I winked enjoying the cat and mouse game we were always playing.

Out reaching my hand, I grabbed onto the collar of Sam's shirt, pulling him into the house. He stumbled slightly over the step but eventually he stopped digging his heels into the ground. "Jesus," I groaned at the amount of effort it took to get him into the house.

"Stop being such a pain in the ass. What are you so worried about anyways?" I questioned giving him a harsh stare. Was he that concerned to be alone in my house with me? Maybe he calculated the chances that I was a serial killer.

He stood stiffly once he was inside the house, standing a foot away from me. Calmly, he slid his shoes, bending over to put them onto of mine. When he rose there was a goofy smile across his face, "Well I'm a little worried you might try to take advantage of me. You know. Since you like me so much," he smirked, chuckling at his smart-alike remark.

Without hesitation my hand smacked his shoulder, "behave yourself," I hissed as laughter broke out. Sam bit his lip making me knee's shake more than they should have.

"And I said that I like you. I didn't say you were the marshmallows to my s'mores or anything," I corrected him, "and also it's not taking advantage of you if one, we have a contract and two, you want me to take advantage of you." I flashed another playful wink, enjoying the different array of pink to red blush his face displayed.

"A contract that you didn't read," he pointed out as I headed into the house.

I could feel Sam following behind me. Cranking my neck I looked at Sam before saying, "I still signed it so who cares," I laughed remembering the ratted and worn coiled notebook.

Sam and I had come a long way since our first encounter after Chemistry class while I was sitting rotting in detention. First things first, I had gotten a single detention since then; which, pleased my parents. Sam and I had also become good friends.

"There could be a lot of clauses that are hidden in there that you signed up for." Sam seemed to be in a good mood since we left the courtyard. The ego boost in front of Dawson was enough for Sam to be skipping on cloud nine.

"I guess I should have executed my right to get a lawyer to read over it," I chuckled tossing more banter towards him.

I lead Sam through the sitting room; which, was more like my father's personal library. The amount of books and journals had overgrown the space in his study. Now with all but one of my brothers moved out, he could take up as much space as he needed. Although my dad never re-read a book in his life, he said just by seeing the book, he could remember every detail.

"My room's the first door on the right," I pointed it out even though I was leading the way.

Once I opened the door Sam gawked into the room like I had just opened the wardrobe door to Narnia.

"Uh, Juliette," Sam stuttered from behind me, "Are your parent's okay with you having a boy in your room?" Once again, he stopped just before entering through the doorway.

Again, I laughed at his actions, "Well when they get here you can ask them, since you seem so hell bent on interrogating them." I kept replaying Sam's words in my head. At eighteen years old, I should be able to have a boy in my room.

Marching into my room, I tossed my bag onto the bed. Knowing Sam, I knew he was still patiently waiting by the door, "If you're about to tell me you're a vampire, by cinema definition I've already invited you into the house," I chuckled, flipping open my bag and emptying it.

"Oh stop being such a chicken." I challenged Sam.

Challenging him was the only way I got Sam to play a touchy game of twister on the beach with me. Now he was standing in my bedroom, looking around like he'd been sucked into an alternate universe.

"I'm impressed," Sam stated as he waltzed towards my desk. I watched as he leaned against my chair, his fingers flipping through the open pages of my textbook. He would be less impressed if he opened my laptop to find Facebook open instead of an essay paper.

"Well, I didn't get smarter overnight. As much as you'd like to take all the credit for my sudden genius, I did put forth a little effort." My tone was full of pride. I had busted my ass most nights. Writing papers, essays and novels like no bodies business.

"I'm surprised you have time to study," Sam said as he spun around my chair, sitting uncomfortably. I guess it was a better alternative to my bed.

I let out a laugh, "What else would I do? I'm either here studying or studying with you."

Walking past Sam, I headed to my closest. The sweat fuming off of us was enough to make my nose scrunch up. Swinging open the doors, I riffled through my clothes, "Do you need a change of clothes or a shower? I still have your sweater somewhere in here if you need."

It didn't take long for me to find the green sweater. Pulling it off the hanger, I tossed it onto Sam's lap, "Because I don't know about you but I stink." Reaching down, I grabbed the hem of my shirt before pulling it over my head.

I tossed it into a large pile of dirty clothes before sliding a new shirt over my head. The static caused my hair to frizz as I ran my hand over the thick ponytail, "Wait, I know you stink," I clarified before adding, "because I can smell you from here."

After a moment of silence, Sam spoke again.

"Now I know you're trying to take advantage of me," Sam's voice stuttered again.

Spinning around I gave him a confused expression. He sat with his hands gripping the arms of my office chair. Sam was wide-eyed with a bewildered grin.

"Seriously, Sam. You saw my back. I didn't strip naked in front of you." Even with my explanation it didn't remove the remark off his smug little face.

I watched his face evolve. His sense of shock seemed to morph into a sense of excitement. He might have just came to the realization that eventually he was going to see me naked. The childish expression was comical.

"Get that look off your face," I threatened laughing.

"Nope," Sam smiled. He had a sense of success and triumph about him.

"You're kind of a sick puppy aren't you?" I teased.

The grin on his face only grew. I let out a burst of laughter.

"We could always play a game of show me yours?" Raising an eyebrow I sauntered over towards Sam.

He gave me a curious look before mocking me, "Is that your way of saying you want to see my back? Because that makes you the sick puppy now doesn't it," he smirked. Sam was enjoying this game just as much as I was.

I just liked having the upper hand.

"Is this what you do when your parents aren't home?" he smirked.

I could feel the corner of my lips raise in a large smirk. Leaning over I placed both my hands on Sam's knees. Uncomfortable he leaned far back in his chair, attempting to get away from me. His leg muscles grew tense under my touch.

"I'm thinking it might be fun to start," I sneered.

Now he looked worried. We went from talking talk to me challenging him. Sam always swept all my advances and crude jokes under the carpet. This would be no different, "but you're kind of a buzz kill," I laughed as I stood, taking my weight off Sam.

"Do you want to watch a movie maybe?" I questioned walking across the room over to a book shelf full of movies. My parents must have bought it with high hopes that it would be filled with novels and awards.

Using my finger I guided over the cases, quickly reading the titles, looking for a new release. I had quite the collection of the years, some classics, some ridiculously cheesy that I kept around for no reason.

"Whose being a buzz kill now," I heard Sam huff from behind me.

"What are you talking about..." my words trailed off as I turned around.

Sam sat still resting in my chair. His leg propped up on my foot-board. His bare foot exposed, wiggling his toes. He held his sock in one of his hands swinging it in my view before tossing it onto my floor.

My eyes glanced to the sock, his bare foot and goofy smile spread across his face.

"Your turn."

I let out a laugh.

"You're going to have to take off more than socks to see anything worthwhile." I left the movie shelf, along with the notion of watching a movie. Turning to face Sam I gave him another sadistic smile; which he returned.

Well my Tuesday night just got a lot more exciting.

"Juliette," I heard the faint whisper of my name.

I ignored it, too engrossed with Sam. Our adventure had migrated from my office chair to my bed. Things had escalated... further than just a simple game of show me yours and I'll show you mine. Sam hovered over me, his arm supporting himself as I laid underneath him. We had reached a point where seeing was no longer a satisfying option. We kissed hungrily, pulling each other closer. My fingers hooked around Sam's neck pulling him down to meet my hungry lips. Mine moved further away from his lips and down to the tender part of his neck. I kissed, sucked and bit away, enjoying the stifled moans Sam produced.

"Honey."

"Ugh, don't call me that," I groaned, displeased at the fleeing moment.

"Don't call you what?" Sam asked heaving, pulling away from me.

I let my heavy head fall against the pillow. Both Sam and I shared a confused glance. His hand rested idly on my side, his fingers tips digging into my thigh. Both of our heads snapped towards the door when he heard the approaching footsteps.

"Shit," I muttered.

Both of us sprung up from where we laid. I hopped across the floor wearing nothing but my bra and panties. Swooping down, I grabbed what clothes I could, tossing them across the room at Sam. My shirt was easy to find in the pile of dirty laundry. He had stood up, grabbing his pants as he struggled to put one foot in the hole.

I let out a laugh at Sam's strained face as he hopped around.

"Where are my sweats?" I hissed under my breath, turning to a serious note.

My heart beat quickly against my chest. It raged against my rib cage. I felt like I could throw up at any moment.

"I don't know," Sam replied, doing the zipper up on his blue jeans. He threw his shirt over his head, yanking it down with force.

I knew that there wasn't time for me to find pants. Instead I reached towards the door, leaving it ajar. On my flight back to the bed, I grabbed a textbook. It felt heavy in my hand as I tiptoed across all the junk I had emptied onto the bed.

"Hurry up," I spat at Sam as I threw open the covers, letting the papers, water bottles and junk roll off. I slid under them quickly covering my exposed legs.

I patted the spot beside me. Sam, for once not questioning my orders, obeyed. He threw himself down as I opened the text book.

"Honey," I heard the slight knock against the door frame.

"Yes, Dad?" I called out.

Slowly, my father opened the door. He stuck in head in taking in the scene. His eyes skittered across the room. Even after seeing Sam his composure didn't falter. I gave my father a bright smile. I could feel myself squirm under the blankets, ensuring I had it pulled up high enough to cover.

"How was the play?" I questioned, pretending to look up from the textbook I'd been studying from.

"Still good after the fifth time," he smiled, opening the door further. He leaned against the door frame.

"Dad, this my boyfriend Sam," I gestured towards the paranoid teenage boy terrified out of his mind. He was shaking, his shoulder vibrating against mine. Extending my hand I held onto his forearm.

"Nice to meet you, Sam," my dad greeted calmly. Behind him I could see my mother passing the hallways.

"I would stay and chat but it is past us old folks bedtimes," he joked but nether Sam or I laughed.

Both our hearts were still racing in our chests.

"N-N-ice to meet you," Sam finally found his voice.

"Juliette, lights out in half an hour." There was the father I knew and annoyed me at times.

"Will do, Dad," I smiled, flipping a page to keep up appearances.

"Goodnight," he said, reaching into my room to grab the door.

"Goodnight," I replied, sighing a breath of relief as he closed the door.

Both Sam and I exchanged awkward glances. Sam's brown eyes looked at me with such a smile in them. Whether he was happy with being with me, or kissing or the relief of not getting caught, I didn't care.

We hadn't realized the time until our unexpected interruption. Sam had sent his parents a quick text to reassuring his safe return before I walked him to the door.

"Are you sure you don't want me to drive you?" I asked for what felt like the seventh time.

"I think I need to clear my head a little," he informed me but I didn't bother asking what needed to be cleared out.

Sam, seemed frazzled. He was vibrating in his shoes, bouncing up and down on the front step. I watched the excitement, leaning against the door frame. Smiling I looked over at him. At least he had his sweater to keep him warm.

Leaning outside, I placed a gentle kiss on Sam's cheek. My hand lingering on his shoulder as I pulled away. Leaning back I took him in again, a large smirk spread across my face. It wasn't the childish excitement or how adorable he was. It was the large hickey I had left on the side of Sam's neck.

He was not going to be happy. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 47.4K 36
She's a badass.She's crazy,chatty and outgoing. She goes to parties and get drunk. Her parents are dead. She lives alone and she has her parents' mon...
Mine By Kami

Romance

238 2 8
Avery is a shy girl. Her best friend Jess is popular. Together they make the perfect duo. Until Matthew arrives, and shakes up their friendship when...
76.4K 3.6K 66
She isn't noticed. She's shy and quiet. But she, like everybody else is human. Humans have interests. What happens when the guy that she's interested...
701 14 33
Juliette was a normal, happy girl until her dad and step-mother died one night. Next thing she knew her friends walked away. Two years later she meet...