The Underworld's Moon

By thunderheart15

**This is a BoyxBoy story that is unedited. It was written in 2009 and finished in around 2015. You've been w... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Please Read Note!
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
A/N: Sequel
A/N: Final Decision (2018)

Chapter Thirty

7.3K 240 47
By thunderheart15

  Chapter Thirty  

Verin's POV

Okay, I'd admit that I wasn't expecting that. One moment, I was going to get my head cut off and the next Foalan began howling. Everything was so fast. Crackling of bones, the sudden shouts of men, and the clang of metal. But. There was one sight that would never leave my mind.

The fact that I saw Faolan shift. He has trembled as fur easily sprout across his skin and bones crackled as he hunched over. There was even some drops of blood that fell to the ground as his face contorted into a wolf's face and get large claws. Now, truthfully, this wasn't awe inspiring or even gruesome but I'm not very good with details in general.

Wait, no, I just remember something while my gaze found frost underneath Faolan as he stood on all fours. To my amazement, I could see my breath.

This was very important as Lycans have three phases of shifting that they choose from. It truly depends on preference. In Faolan's case, he choose to take on a real form of a wolf as if the ones anyone would see wandering the woods except that he was larger than a normal wolf would be because that was what Lycans simply are. The other two phases are bipedal wolf and mid-transform. I won't get into that now because I feel they are very self-explanatory.

Though, there was something even more important than that. Stronger a wolf, depending on which two clans they are from, then an element of heat or ice will form to express the wolf's status within a pack. Stronger that element was --- more the proof of how strong a Lycan was.

So... back to my situation here. The cold air and frost went across the whole throne room.

Before I blinked, Faolan shook off the men that held him down as easily as flies before he suddenly leapt in the air and tackled the man that paused in his strike of cutting my head off. Before I could process what Faolan was doing, there was a loud Crack! And I saw a pool of red inch towards my face. In another blink, suddenly the men that held me down were gone... Gone! They were thrown across the room to wear Mammon and Vetis were.

Rolling to my back, I felt body heat and looked up to see that Faolan had moved above me, protectively. His body taunt and tense with his hair standing on end. His eyes were a near silver color which were cold and calculating as it stared the two men across the room, letting a low thundering growl that seemed to echo off the walls.

"Man, why can't you be on top more often?" I asked Faolan, feeling a smile creep up across my face.

His lips twitched as he gave a weird rumbling noise that seemed torn between a growl and a strained chuckle. I'm going to take that as he was amused. I decided right then and there. Not like I almost died or anything, right?

"Mammon." Vetis spoke up as he kept his gaze on them. "Look at his eyes."

He rubbed the back of his neck as he seemed almost sheepish. "Uh. Yeah, I know... That wasn't in the plan."

"You know what his eyes symbolize, don't you?"

Furrowing my eyebrows, I turned my face towards them. "His eyes?" I mumbled, confused. What about his eyes? I mean telling by the frost... He's really powerful but what about his eyes?

"It's okay." Mammon spoke up easily as he nodded. "We have enough silver for this."

Faolan began to lower himself to a crouch, where his fur nearly tickles my nose. Despite everything, his fur seems really soft. Should I touch it, maybe? "This is the time for us to run away, right?" I asked, knowing well I couldn't withstand multiple people.

He nudged my head. No, I'll buy you time to run.

"What? No!" I instantly disagreed, not bothering to question how I can hear his thoughts. Probably because I was beyond the shock by now.

Slowly, he pulled away from me as suddenly more guards began filling the room. Perhaps around thirty men. Each guard had multiple weapons like spears, swords, arrows and stuff. But what was different is that they sparkled, which was something that the old shiny metals don't have. Was that silver that they spoke of?

"Faolan, that's going to hurt you." I protested, moving myself up to get on my feet quickly so I wasn't on the floor anymore. "I can---"

"Everyone!" Mammon interrupted. "Our objective is to put the wolf down and Verin. Be careful as this one is a strong one." He grinned and snapped his fingers. Suddenly, around fifteen men in black fabric came out from the shadows of the pillars in the throne room. "Good thing I brought good men to help us handle this." He waved his hand.

Before Mammon could speak another word, Faolan suddenly ran forward and leapt on the nearest guard, who was off guard by the assault. Easily, his jaws had wrapped around his neck and he jerked his head back. The ripping of skin was deafening in my ears as well as a crack suddenly followed. Blood spurted from the neck wound and went down the metal chest.

Within that moment, the three guards near the men rushed forward to stab Faolan, but he jumped off the corpse to over their heads to avoid the attacks that were trying to surround him with. He twirled around, ears twitching, as he let out a loud, threatening snarl with his lips curled back to show his canines, blood dripping from the fresh slaughter.

My head swirled by this. I may have seen a lot in my life, but nothing... Nothing could compare to this moment. Admittedly, I never seen such... I wouldn't know how to explain how I felt in that moment. All I knew that this sight didn't frighten me, but confuses me. Where did that timid wolf go? Remembering how Faolan was with me, I couldn't help but feel useless. Taking a deep breath, I tried to remember at least the defensive moves that I was taught. I couldn't act helpless forever or dumb, really.

I glanced around and noticed that the black fabric looking men were slowly making towards my way. Taking another deep breath, I crouch down and got my hands into fists, getting prepared.

As if sensing my danger, Faolan flipped his head backwards and let out another howl. Except this howl was extremely loud, so loud, it broke the little windows that the throne room had. Instantly, I covered my ears, flinching at the pain the howl has caused. A quick glance around the room told me that ten men fell to their knees as they held their bloody ears. I doubt that they would be able to hear for a long while...

Despite the howl, those men were fine as they kept hurrying towards my way. The howling stopped instantly and there was another loud snarl, but it was of frustration as there was loud clanging again. Glancing over, Faolan had to avoid another attack but from a spear.

Dragging my gaze away, I needed to remember that there was a problem in front of me. I couldn't stand here and pay only attention to Faolan when I could not. Watching them, I re-counted them and notice that five are missing. Taking a quick sweep with my eyes, I couldn't locate them anywhere. That wasn't good.

Bright side, I noticed there was a sword by me from a fallen guard, so I backed up and reached for it instantly, feeling the rough handle in my hand. Feeling better, I crouched a little and brought the sword up in a defensive manner. I needed to remember that these were trained assassins, which means they were completely out of my league, but I shouldn't give up too easily.

I reminded myself to re-count the enemies that approached me. Okay, so, I only had to deal with five of them... Yeah, only five. Though, admittedly, I haven't battled more than one person at a time. Well, sometimes there was a first time in something. Acting cockier then I felt, I waved my hand over.

"Are you pussies going to stand there forever?" I mocked as I kept a steady hand on my sword. "Even an old granny can react better than that. Are you actually little shitheads in diapers? Come on, let the real prince knock some sense into those empty heads of yours."

Before I could take another breath to do some more shit talk, one of them rushed forward and slashed their dagger at me, which I automatically ducked down from. In another instant, the very one that attacked, moved to slash that dagger forward. Noticing the change in body language, I lunged forward and rolled to get on my knees, still holding onto my sword. Blinking, I noticed that I was surrounded easily.

"Well, I guess you guys aren't in diapers." I breathed, making sure I had my breathing under control as I didn't want to get winded yet. "But you're all still shitheads." Despite my bash talking, admittedly, this wasn't going to be easy. Shoot, I was warned many times not to get surrounded by enemies and well... it happened. There goes all that training out the window!

Alright, alright, I got to pay attention. I reminded myself. After all, this is a life or death situation. Glancing around, I noticed that they haven't moved. "Are you all going to stand there all day or is one of you going to get some?" I asked, wondering if I could get on their nerves, but there was no budge. "Are you really going to stand there all day?"

I paused. Does this mean their order was not to kill me? I definitely doubted that after like ten minutes ago just happened. Remembering, I narrowed my eyes. Unless it was a set up from the start to get Faolan to react and... to see where I stand. Well, god damnit of all fucks out there. Wait. There wouldn't be a point in keeping me alive either way, so does that mean there is another objective that I don't know about?

"That's it." I muttered, getting the stolen sword ready. "I'm done thinking as it doesn't bring me any good anyways. So, let's just go straight into insanity, shall we?"

After taking a step forward to the left, I lunged forward to the nearest person and slashed the sword upwards at him. Of course, he dodged like I hoped he would. While I was running through the small gap, I threw a punch towards the other guy, who had been next to the person that I tried to get with the sword. This time my punch hit him on the side of the jaw, and he staggered back in surprise. Quickly, I stepped backwards so that I was officially outside the circle.

But before I could react, two of them appeared in front of me. Shit! Do they have the power of teleportation? I tried to rear myself back except one of them leaned down then forward so that he could elbow me straight in the stomach. Gasping out of reaction, I tried to move my arm with the sword to slash at this guy but the other person grabbed my arm, twisting it behind my back. With much force into the hold, I was forced to my knees, hating how easily subdued I was.

"Ah, I've forgotten that Verin was a late bloomer." Mammon suddenly spoke up when my eyes went to him when he chuckled at my suspense. "Most demons have their powers by when they hit puberty." He waved his hand. "Oh well. It's convenient for us at least. Now, for us to finish up."

Suddenly, I felt dread as my eyes instantly searched for Faolan, who was my instant concern. Allowing myself to actually listen, I could hear the snarls and snaps he made. I could hear the blood splattering on the ground or the bones cracking under pressure. Except that wasn't what my eyes saw, I saw Faolan shaking to be free while silver linings covered his legs, neck and torso. Those silver linings were cutting into his skin, and I could see the blood soaking the silver linings. That was when I realized they were more like whips or chains.

"Faolan!" I shouted, trying to move to only be shoved to the ground the next. "Let him go! You have me, now!"

Vetis came into my view, carrying a sword that glittered silver instead of the usual dullness of a blade. "We cannot do that Verin." He answered slowly. "I have decided to give you mercy by banishing you."

"What about Faolan?! Answer me damnit!" I shouted, feeling worse upon seeing the blade. Was he going to use it on him?

"I'm sorry." Vetis said, almost sounding sad. "But I can at least spare you the sight." He nodded towards my direction before he moved the blade to Faolan's neck. "This is good night."

"No!" I shouted, writhing but before I knew it, something came hard onto my head. Instantly, my body weakened to a slack, and I really kept to the ground. My vision began to fade, though I tried to fight it as I look at Faolan. The last sight I saw was another person jumping onto Foalan's back and dug a blade right in between the shoulders.

After that, everything went black.

And I hoped in those moments that it was all just a nightmare.

*****************************************

Alright, I know you guys hate me but that's the end of TUM!

Don't worry, there will be a sequel which I will talk about in a moment as a new "chapter"

So... Who liked the highly suggested bloody fight Faolan just did? He was fucking awesome --- just wanted to point that out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

668 26 23
Vinny is a quiet kid. His dad thomas is a lawyer , his mom Alice is a nurse and his twin brother Xavier well.. he's a real asshole. Vinny's parents h...
9K 1K 66
First book in the 'JADED' series! ~"You taste..." He trailed off in the most seductive voice I had ever heard. His eyes opened and they were almost c...
4K 242 22
WARNING: Needs heavy editing. I, myself, cringe when I read some parts. Khaldun Iah Ortega is very old and even he can fall in love. One day he fe...
116K 6.5K 44
Eli sold his soul to the devil to save his family and his village. He asked for fertile lands with clean water. The devil granted him that but it all...