Curves In A Bikini (Completed...

By Vampirehorsequeen31

"big girls and bikinis just don't mix." Aylin Scott is new to the island. After her mother's trial, Ayl... More

Prologue: The Trial*
Chapter 1: Changes*
Chapter 2: School*
Chapter 3: The Dress*
Chapter 4: The Spring Bash*
Chapter 5: A Whole New World*
Chapter 6: Family*
Chapter 7: Brunch With The Morgan's*
Chapter 8: Spring Break*
Chapter 9: The Cool Kids Club*
Chapter 10: New Friends*
A Very Important Author's Note*
Chapter 11: The Adventures of Wyatt Cole*
Chapter 12: Wedding Plans*
Chapter 13: Normalcy-Kinda*
Chapter 14: A Surfing Competition*
Chapter 15: Think Before You Kiss*
Chapter 16: Barbie Slaps Hurt Like A Bitch*
Chapter 17: Pain is Temporary*
Chapter 18: Wedding Bells
Chapter 19: A Night To Remember
Chapter 20: OMG!
Chapter 21: Awkward Moments At The Cole Residence
Chapter 22: Back To School
Chapter 23: The Life
Chapter 24: Fighting Back
Chapter 25: We'll Get Through It
Chapter 26: Unexpected
Chapter 27: Coffee Cups
Chapter 28: Finals
Chapter 30: Graduation
Epilogue: The Lives We Live*
The Sequel*
The Sequel Has Been Posted!*
Private Chapters*
THE WATTYS!*
THIS WAS GOALS FOR ME

Chapter 29: Prom

9.7K 487 119
By Vampirehorsequeen31

Lol, so my editor and I were talking and I just remembered that the movie 'The Spectacular Now' was filmed in my home town! It's pretty cool, not to mention the Walking Dead is filmed in the counties around mine and all! Love it. Anyway I love you lovelies, this has been an amazing journey. I can't believe it's almost over, only one more chapter after this and an Epilogue. I love ya! Adele's song 'The Sweetest Devotion' is like perfect for this chapter.

Forever yours, ~Vamps

Aylin Scott

      "EEEEKKK! I'm going to Prom!" Amy screamed happily spreading her hands over her perfect hot pink dress and admiring her reflection in the mirror.

She looked great. The dress for her body curvature beautifully. Her hair was curled and was falling out of a beautiful bun and her beautiful pink make up.

I smiled. "You look amazing." I told her standing behind her. She turned to me. "You'd look amazing too if you'd just come!" She pouted.

I laughed "Even if I wanted to, I don't have a dress. Sorry." I helped her put on her glittery pink shoes.

    She sighed sadly. "I wish you were coming. It just won't be the same without you. You know, Adrian's going alone tonight. He couldn't bear to ask anyone else." She told me fixing some of her eyeliner at my vanity.

    I sighed. Adrian and I hadn't spoken in a while. Not since that day in the parking lot. I'd been too much of a coward of course.

I couldn't exactly explain why I was, I just, well, scared of having my heart broken.

    But in the process, I'd kind of broke his. I felt like a fool, which was why I couldn't face him.

    "Well he could have gone with someone else." But I was secretly glad he didn't.

   Amy gave me a glare. "He doesn't want to go with anyone else. He wants to go with you."

     She looked irritated. "It was already hard for me to convince him to even go with Wyatt and I." She slipped in her favorite bracelets.

      I really did feel bad. But what could I even do? I mean I had no dress and no time to prepare, the dance was in an hour and a half.

    Wyatt was coming to pick Amy up pretty soon. He's borrowed his dad's really amazing sleek convertible sports car.

    He had called me yesterday to tell me all about how he'd gotten Amy a beautiful corsage. He's also bought a six-thousand dollar tux just for her.

    It never ceases to amaze me what rich people waste their money on.

    I sat down on the bed and Amy put on her pretty pink pen dad and matching earrings.

   "Knock Knock! Can I come in?" Cassi called outside of the door. 

"Come on in!" I answered her. Cassi entered with a dazzling smile and carrying a big heavy dress bag.

    "I've got you something." She giggled opening the bag to show me quiet possibly the most beautiful dress I'd ever seen.

   It shimmered as Cassi pulled the gown and held it up in the light.

    It was a gorgeous gold. It had a mermaid cut with a bead encrusted bodice. It was simply beautiful.

   "Custom made just for you with some custom made golden heels." She showed me the seemingly diamond studded shoes.

    Amy and I gasped at the beautiful dress.  I felt so bad. I'd never exactly told Cassi I wasn't going.

"Cassi..." I trailed off. She gave me an odd look.

"What? You are going aren't you?" She asked. I gritted my teeth. "Uhhh...." I mumbled.

She gave me an incredulous. "You can't skip your one and only prom!" She exclaimed.

    I sighed rubbing my forehead in frustration. "I just really don't think it's a good idea. And I don't care about silly stuff like that." I told her as she hung up the dress on my closet door.

   She frowned. She looked so disappointed. "Okay... You don't have too, I just thought you might." She took the dress bag and left my room with a very disappointed face.

   I felt really bad. I mean, I could've just humoresque her and put it on and gone but, I just really didn't want to.

   Even though I stood up to Ansley, I still didn't want to see her. I still didn't want to put myself in such a venerable position.

   I felt selfish and foolish but I couldn't help but be insecure. Even though this dress was gorgeous, no one ever said I would look good in it.

    I laid back on my bed and I could feel Amy's harsh glare on me. I put my hands over my eyes so that I wouldn't be tempted to look at her.

   "What?" I asked her, still shielding my eyes.

   "You know what." She grumbled, tapping her foot.

   "You know i already made my decision, and I'm not changing it just because I got a nice dress."

   Her tapping got louder as she approached the bed.

   "Aylin..." She was clearly not playing around. "You have to at least try it on." She insisted.

   I shook my head. I knew if I put it on, it would be really hard to get out of going to prom. Especially if I liked it.

   Amy groaned. Before I knew it I was yanked up by Amy's skinny but incredibly strong arm.

   "Look, just try it on. It'll make Cassi feel better. Humor me." She urged.

   I sighed in defeat. "Fine. But I'm not going to prom." I told her, wagging my pointer finger in her face.

   Amy smirked and pushed me over towards the closet. I took the dress of the hanger and turned to Amy.

   "A little privacy?" Amy stepped into the bathroom. "Let me know when you're done." She called.

   I sighed once more before slipping off my clothes and sliding the dress up my body.

   "Can you zip me up?" I called to Amy. She came out of the bathroom and went around me.

   She zipped it up and we both looked in the mirror in awe.

   It was more beautiful now than it was on the rack. It hugged me perfectly, it wasn't uncomfortable at all and it look absolutely amazing.

   "You. Look. Really. Awesome." Amy gaped at the shimmering gold fabric.

    I spread my hands over the soft fabric of the dress. In the mirror it made me look like some kind of model. But what if I really looked like a fat whale in a dress?

   "Don't." Amy warned, knowing exactly what I was thinking.

   "You look amazing. I wish I looked that good in my dress." She laughed as she moved to sit on the bed.

   I sighed. It was beautiful. It did look amazing. Too bad I wasn't going.

   "Aylin... C'mon. You'll have an amazing time, we'll dance and drink and party all night. It'll be amazing!" She gushed crossing her legs.

   I bit my lip. I almost wanted to change my mind. I almost wanted to go and dance the night away. I almost wanted to go surprise Adrian. Almost.

   But I wouldn't. One, because I hated school events, two I'd already decided not to and I wanted to stay strong, and three I just couldn't.

   I sat down on the bed. "Amy... I can't. I just can't."

   She was about to say something when the door bell rang. "Go." I told her helping her stand up.

   "Aylin..."

   "Go, have fun. I'll be here and you can tell me all about it tomorrow." I smiled at her.

   She looked ready to protest but The doorbell rang again and I pushed her out of my room carefully and closed the door before she could say a word.

   I leaned against the back of the door and took a breath.

    I stood there for a few moments before something started buzzing under my pillow.

   I walked over to the bed and searched under the pillow. I found my phone and pulled it out, seeing the caller ID before answering.

   "Kian?"

   "Hey." He answered.

   "What's up?" I asked.

   "I just wanted to call and thank you for helping me pay my dues. I'm going to be able to graduate because of you." I smiled at his words.

"I was happy to help." I sat back against my headboard

"Well I really appreciate it. So what are you doing?" He asked.

I sighed. "I just sent Any off to prom so just sitting in my room." I told him.

"Why aren't you going? I would have thought you'd go with Adrian." I heard him shuffling the phone.

    "I don't know. I guess I just don't want to." I told him.

    "Well you should. Adrian seems like a great person and you're friends seem very nice." He commented.

   "But Adrian was pretty rude to you when we went for coffee... You're just saying that." I smiled.

   "No, the way he seemed to genuinely care for you was enough to show me he's a good guy."

    "Yeah, he is. I just don't think it's a good idea if I go you know?" I pulled the dress down, hardly noticing I was still wearing it.

    "Why not?" He asked. "Well it's just that, I'm not really very popular at school and honestly he could do better. I don't want anyone to think poorly of him just because he decided to go with me." I stated

Kian scoffed. "Yeah right. What's really holding you back?" He asked, I could hear a TV in the background.

I scratched my ears. "I'm just not ready." I spoke softly feeling vulnerable.

"Aylin." He spoke with a sweet and soft tone. "Stop telling yourself that. You know my mother used to say that if two people love it, you can see it. And I can definitely see that you two do. Whether you want to admit that or not I don't know." He spoke.

"But you have to put your heart out there, or you'll never know what you could have had. Adrian's a good guy and you shouldn't make him wait forever." He told me honestly.

"And you shouldn't not do something that could change your life." He finished.

Kian was right. I had to take a chance, no matter how much of a coward I was I just had to. I'd regret it forever if I let this opportunity pass. If I let him go, I'd never forgive myself.

"But it's too late." I told him.

"It's never too late." I could hear his smile.

"That was so cheesy you know." I laughed and he laughed too.

"C'mon you set me up for it." He snickered.

"Now go. Go to prom. I never went to mine so go for me too." I laughed at his words.

"Thanks Kian." I told him.

"Anytime Love."

We hung up and I went to the vanity, determined to do it whether I was a coward or not.

I put on some make up, some gold jewelry and put my hair up in a simple curly bun, letting a few ringlets fall out.

I slipped on the shoes and looked into the mirror.

I actually looked... Pretty. I was impressed and proud of my reflection. I grabbed my phone and clutch with my wallet in it and headed downstairs.

Carefully of course. I did not need to break my neck before I could even get there.

I made it to the garage and was about to get in my Mustang when Mitch pulled up.

"Cassi told me you'd need a ride to the Botanical Gardens for your school dance." He smiled as he opened the door for me.

I inwardly smiled. Cassi was full of surprises. I thanked her in my mind.

"Yes! Thank you." I smiled and got in the back of the sleek black car.

He got in a we made our way towards prom. I just hoped I wouldn't trip when I got out of the car.

************************

The dance was to occur inside one of the glass ballrooms at the Botanical Gardens.

The pathway was lit with tiny lights. I followed the signs that said, 'Pacific Wake Charter School Annual Senior Prom' and found the doors to the ball room.

"Hello, welcome. Before you enter please cast your vote for Prom King and Queen!" A bubbly blonde who obviously didn't know me hand me a pen and a slip of paper with printed names.

It said: Queens: Ansley McKenna
Jessica Edmunds
Lola Jacobs
Olivia Wellington

Kings: Anthony Castillo
Jared Olsen
Wyatt Cole
Joey Perez

I was shocked. Wyatt was nominated for Prom king? Hey, good for him.

I checked some random girl's name and Wyatt's name before dropping it in the box.

"Thanks! Here's your photo ticket for when you get your prom photos inside. Have fun!" She giggled, gesturing to the doors that were slowly opening to reveal the dance floor.

I gulped and before I could lose my courage, hurried inside.

    There were twinkling lights hanging from the ceiling. Everyone was drinking punch. Some were chatting others were out on the dance floor.

    It was an upbeat song and everyone was having fun and laughing. I spotted Amy and Wyatt who were dancing together. They looks so cute.

      I looked around, searching for the one blonde I really wanted to find.

    I looked around a bit more before spotting him standing by the drinks table. He looked lonely and bored.

     He was occasionally sipping his punch and looking at the dance floor.

    All of a sudden my heart was in my throat. All my previous confidence and courage slowly melting away to reveal my cowardice.

   I slowly backed away in the shadowy corner, hoping I wouldn't be seen.

     Then a slow song came on, I was obviously late because a lot of people were sweaty and ready for a slow song.

    I tried regaining my courage as Adrian stood there with a sad look on his face.

   SNAP OUT OF IT! Just go over there and kiss him or something! I screamed at my mind.

    I mustered up all the courage I could and walked determinedly, (as determinedly as you can walk with heels on) towards him.

     He didn't see me coming. He was looking at the ground.

    When I reached him, I took his punch out of his hand and kissed him. He was so surprised he didn't react at first but after a moment he began to kiss me back.

   He held me tightly in his arms and his mouth molded with mine. It felt like we were flying about the moon and the stars together, as if our lips were meeting for the first time.

    I felt shocks tingle up my spine as devoured my mouth and held onto his neck tightly.

    It was the most amazing kiss I've ever experienced in my entire existence.

    The world seemed to disappear around us. It was just me and him in our own little world of passion and obviously love.

    We both pulled away and he looked into my eyes.

    "Yes. Yes I will go to prom with you!" I smiled and a tear escaped my eye.

    He smiled so brightly. I heard gasps and whispers. Adrian turned to me.

    "Care to dance?" He asked still holding me.

     "Yes. If love to." I smiled and we made our way to the dance floor.

     People were still looking, including Wyatt and Amy. I sighed in relief as everyone started going back to dancing.

    Adrian held me close to him and kissed me.

    "You look beautiful." He caressed my cheek softly.

    I smiled. "Thanks." I told him and kissed him again, unable to contain myself.

     I was full of happiness and love. It was overwhelming.

      He held me closer. "I'm so glad you came." He nuzzled my nose. I kissed his cheek softly. "I wasn't going to but someone changed my mind." I told him.

    He gave me a weird look but I just shook my head and kissed his lips softly.

     He held me and I could feel Ansley's glare on me but I could care less. I was with the person I loved. And he loved me.

     He kissed my cheek as we slowly danced to the song.

     I'd finally done it. I was ready. I really was. I knew the road ahead was long but I had him, I finally had him. And I had my friends, my new family.

     We danced together, kissing and talking. It was wonderful. People still have is funny looks but I didn't care. I was just happy to be with him.

       "Okay everyone! Settle down! The results from the ballet are in!" The same bubbly blonde announced holding two envelopes in her hand. She was on stage with a mic.

     "It's time to announce this year's Prom King and Queen! and remember we also have our Prom Princess and Princes!" She laughed.

    "What are Princess and Princes?" I asked. He laughed.

    "Our school has a "no losers" policy because last year, the losing Queen candidates cried on stage about not winning a throng so they made princess's and prince's." He explained.

   The bubbly blonde tapped the mic and cleared her throat. "Our fourth place Prince with 57 votes is Jared Olsen!" A boy with brown hair came on stage and smiled as a girl placed a small crown on his head.

     "Our third place Prince with 72 votes is Anthony Castillo!" She called out. The crowd clapped and a very grumpy looking Anthony walked on stage to receive a slightly bigger crown than 4th place's.

   I was excited. What if Wyatt won Prom King? That would be amazing!

   "Our second place prince with 149 votes is, Joey Perez." A very handsome Hispanic boy walked on stage. The crowd cheered as he flashed them a smile. They put the crown on his head and he waved at the crowd.

    "And finally Pacific Wake Charter School's 2016 Prom King is... Wyatt Cole with 201 votes!" A whole bunch of people cheered and I noticed Wyatt being pushed on stage by an ecstatic Amy.

   Adrian and I cheered calling "Go Wyatt!"

     They placed a huge crown on Wyatt's head and he looked completely shocked.

   The bubbly blonde tapped the microphone again. "Okay, so our fourth place Princess, with 49 votes is Jessica Edmunds." The black haired girl went on stage to receive her crown.

   "Our third place Princess with 65 vote is, Lola Jacobs." The short blonde begrudgingly went on stage and they placed the tiara on her head.

    "Our second place Princess- wait, they tied, with a write in as Queen." The Bubbly blonde announced.

    The crowd was whispering and the nominees looked petrified.

    "Our second place Princesses with a a total number of votes amounting to 99 are Ansley McKenna and Olivia Wellington!" She announced.

      The two girls looked shocked. Olivia looked ecstatic and hurried up the stage to receive her tiara while Ansley looked stunned. Her surprise soon turned to irritation as she took the tiara from the assistant's hand and angrily put it on her head.

   "Now, the moment you've all been eating for, our write in Pacific Wake Charter School's 2016 Prom Queen is..." Everyone waited in anticipation.

   "Aylin Scott with 206 votes." She announced.

     I thought I was going to pass out. Was this some sick joke? But then the crowd began to cheer. I saw Ansley's face turn white and then red with anger.

   "Aylin! You won." Adrian smiled and kissed me. "But..." I felt so confused. "They must have liked that you stood up to Ansley." He answered my question before I could ask it.

   "Come on, you've gotta get up there." He pulled me towards the stage and pushed me gently up the stairs.

    The bubbly blonde greeted me with a smile and placed the very large tiara on my head and handed and placed on my sash.

    "Ladies and gentlemen, our 2016 Prom King and Queen, Wyatt Cole and Aylin Scott." She presented us and the crowd went crazy.

     I felt like I was about to faint. This could not be real. I was dreaming. But when had I ever dreamed of being Prom Queen?

    Wyatt grabbed my hand and smiled. "Looks like the underdogs won huh?" He whispered.

   I gulped and squeezed his hand. "Now if everyone would clear the floor for our new King and Queen's very first dance." The bubbly blonde announced.

   Wyatt led me down to the dance floor and a slow song played. He put his arm on my waist and we began to dance.

   I was still in shock of what had just happened. This couldn't be real.

   "This is insane." I whispered to him. "I know. I didn't even know anyone knew who I was." He laughed.

    I shook my head and we continued to dance.

    Once our first dance was over, the crowd cheered and everyone was back on the dance floor.

   "Thanks King." I hugged Wyatt. "No problem Queen." He smiled and kissed my cheek sweetly.

   Amy and Adrian came up to us. Amy hugged me first. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WON! I was the first one to write in your name." She giggled.

    "YOU DID WHAT?" I exclaimed. "Oh shut up, you know you're happy you won." She teased.

    She hugged me again before kissing Wyatt heatedly.

    "Get a room!" I called as the two made out.

   "Hey." Adrian came up to me and took me in his arms. "Hey." I smiled up at him.

   He kissed me softly and I put my arms around his neck. This night couldn't have been better.

    I had Kian to thank for that.

   *****************************

    AGHHH! I loved it so much. I was crying lol. Anyway hope you enjoyed. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! COMMENT! I looooveeee them so much, they give me life. Vote, share with a friend, add to a reading list, and follow if you haven't already. I love you soooooo much! And tell me what you thought about it!

             Forever yours, ~Vamps

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 175 10
Angie is a normal teenage girl. But she isn't the expected skinny girl that some asshole guys will fall for. She is the girl with curvy edges and plu...
56.1K 2.7K 17
ln this story lan wangji try to hide his marriage from family.His father is very strict.He was very afraid of him.lan wangji has many secrets.badass...
20.9K 2.5K 27
Lily Autumns has watched Allie Winters blow up her boss's, life three times. Once when Allie destroyed his company, and bought it for scraps, once wh...
27.9K 844 12
Missa has always been a little insecure around her best friend Nina, so when she finds out her husband Samuel had an affair with anyone but Nina, her...