His Dominion

By LoveScripter

[BOOK 2] NOTE FROM AUTHOR: "I wrote this book in High school, so if you don't like it and find it poorly wri... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue
Hunter's Short Story

Chapter 10

190K 6.2K 503
By LoveScripter

[Selene]

I took a small step to the side just enough to give myself breathing space, but then a forceful hand tugged my shirt, yanking me back to the stubborn ass that kept me at his side. The men, taking turns punching each other, would take a moment to snicker every time I attempted to move away from Lucca. Dad would just completely ignore everything as if his only child--only daughter--wasn't being manhandled by a overbearing self-centered Alpha. 

This dude claims to be my mate… 

How can he be my mate? Aren't mates supposed to know instantly that they are meant for each other; or that's what I've read in human fantasy novels. I've never actually asked dad about this stuff--it's too embarrassing. 

"Will you stop trying to run from me?" Lucca ordered me like some child. His grip was now around my waist and the close intimacy was making me rather uneasy. 

"I would like you to stop thrusting me to your hip." I retorted.

"That's what she said." One of the guys yelled and most of the men started laughing.

I looked at them utterly confused as to why that was funny. Dad rolled his eyes and barked them an order, " Another word from any of you and we won't go home until the sun sets." The guys immediately return to punching each other’s faces and I mentally thanked dad, even though his intent wasn't for my benefit. 

Lucca stood across the field, directly facing my dad. Not once did he allow us to stand near him, as if keeping me at a safe distance from the very man who raised me. Either, he was afraid I would run back to my dad or dad would take me under his nose and escape territory for good.

"Can I at least sit down?" I complained.

This was nonsense! I was starting to think living as a rogue, was much better than a pack.

He looked at me for a brief second and nodded his head.

I can't believe I had to ask for his permission. 

"You can sit right here." He pointed at his foot.

What the hell?! Is he shitting me?

"I am--

"Lucca, we have unexpected visitors." Luisa appeared out of nowhere short out of breath. I never thought I’d see a day were Luisa looked so encompassed. Strands of her hair was sticking to her forehead with sweat and she looked flushed from running.

Lucca's eyes widened and I knew right then that something was going to happen. My wolf stirred inside me concerned about something and when I looked at the panicked expression on Lucca's face, that feeling doubled. 

I think his wolf was affecting my own.

That has never happened to me before. 

"Who is it? Is it one of them or..." Lucca talked so fast, he was actually stuttering. 

Luisa let out one last long breath and closed her eyes as she answered him. "The Alpha".

Immediately, the whole field of men stopped what they were doing and listened in. Dad walked across the grounds and the bodies made way for him like he had parted the sea. Lucca wasn't interested in my father anymore, when he stood between us.

Whoever this Alpha was, he was someone Lucca was scared of--my dad as well. 

“Selene” Dad took my wrist and I felt them cold and moist.

I looked into his eyes and saw fear. The type of fear that made chills run down my arms and my heartbeat 100 beats a minute.

“Dad” I replied concerned.

He tugged my arm and took three slow steps back. His eyes never left Lucca as he did this. Lucca, preoccupied with his own thoughts, never noticed us making a retreat.

“He’s waiting.” Luisa pointed her finger towards the house.

Lucca’s attention snapped back. “What do you mean he is waiting, HE is not know to wait—“ His head jolts back noticing I wasn’t standing next to him anymore. “SELENE” He roared.

His voice protruded to a high ragging tone, the birds on the trees flew away.

“What a annoying voice you have.” A calm male voice said amusingly.

Dad’s grip on my wrist tightened painfully and I cringed. Every set of eyes looked at the direction of the forest the voice came from. Few seconds later a figure appeared from the trees, followed by three others, all bare chested and wearing jeans. The man in the front was without a doubt an Alpha, but something about him told me he wasn’t just an ordinary alpha.

His aura was much more powerful compared to Lucca, but he looked not much larger.

“Alpha Lucca, I’ve heard so many wicked things about you.” The man said grinning.

Lucca nodded, frowning.

Luisa greeted the stranger as well and Lucca’s men acknowledged him by giving him their full attention. Dad silently stepped in front of me, shielding me from the new visitors’ view. That wasn’t left unnoticed, when the intimidating new Alpha flashed his gaze directly at my dad.

“You look familiar.” The man said. He must have been talking to my dad, because dad’s head nodded.

“I was once this pack’s Beta, when the brat’s father was alpha.” Dad replied.

He didn’t even try to be respectful to Lucca, his alpha, although younger.

The man burst out in deep laughter. “You mean, when this pack used to be considered one of the best.” Lucca visibly stiffened when he heard him say this.

“We have decided for him to take the role of Beta until we get out disputes settled.” Luisa entered the conversation.

“Is that right?” The man smirked, “And may I ask, why did you leave in the first place? I heard of you Richard Grant. Your disappearance from our world left many of us curious of your whereabouts for the past 18 years. You’ve practically become a thing of myth.”

“He—

“Shut up, pup.” Lucca was publically capsized in front of his pack. That was a big let down as an Alpha and my heart went out for him to fight back, but he just took it! The back of my head started to painfully itch, but I ignored it.

What happened to the tough guy act earlier?

“As you were saying Grant?”

The veins in dad’s hands protruded when his fists curled tighter on his sides.

“Sorry, but that’s personal Alpha…Jeremy.”

The man growled angrily. “Where have you been the last decade? My old man handed me his position years ago! My name is Alpha Soren, get your facts straight or I will have to beat it in you.”

“Alpha Soren.” Dad cleared his throat. “I would appreciate it if you would respect my privacy and accept my apology for being oblivious to current events.”

 “Who is that behind you?” My lungs squeezed together and I thought I stopped breathing.

Lucca stole my gaze and from the look of his expression, it looked like he regretted bring me here.

“No one important” Dad said in a relaxed tone.

“If he or she isn’t important than why are you deliberately trying to hide him or her from my view? Move.”

Dad didn’t move and before I knew it, two rough hands had me dragged into Alpha Soren’s peripheral view. Two of Alpha Soren’s Men had me squirming in their grasp.

“Isn’t she just lovely?” Alpha Soren grinned. I slapped the two hands that touched me and they immediately let go to stand back behind their Alpha. “…And feisty.” He chuckled.

Lucca growled and I looked at him wondering if he was going to act irrationally.

“Relax, I have a beautiful mate back home with a litter of pups waiting for me. I won’t mess with your woman. Trust me...I wouldn’t be alive if I did. My mate is quite maddening.” Alpha Soren crossed his arms.

He was a handsome man, probably in his late twenties. He had alluring dark yellow eyes and disheveled dark brown hair. The three men behind him were handsome as well, but they didn’t feel as threatening as their alpha.  

“There is something unique about you, Miss, but I just can’t put my finger on it.” Alpha Soren muttered.

Oh god, he was going to find out. My dad and I are dead—I’M DEAD!

“She isn’t mine, if that’s what you are thinking.” Lucca interrupted.  

I wanted to punch him for all he said the other night, but jump in his arms at the same time for saving my behind.

“Sure she isn’t.” Alpha Soren rolled his eyes, quizzically staring at us back and forth as if contemplating something.  

The man to his left snorted. “Doesn’t he remind you of another idiot a few years back?”

“Shut up Luca.” He shot at his companion. “It’s funny how the two of you have the same name, but spelled differently.”

“I’m older, so he stole it from me first.” His Luca muttered.

His stare returned to me. “What is your name miss?”

Looking at dad, I reluctantly replied not sure if it would be wise to tell the stranger. “Selene Grant. “

His brows curved up in interest and stared at my dad. “Your daughter…I can see why you would be hiding her. I have two girls at home. They have me wanting to rip out my hair all the time.” He smiled.

“Alpha—

“One more word from you Alpha Lucca and I will have my Beta Luca bust your ass in front of your men in this very field.”

Another itch painfully irritated the back of my head and I groaned.

“Dear…?” Alpha Soren noticed it and reached out for me just in case I would fall, but Lucca was there in an instant wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

“Don’t touch her.” He spat threateningly.

Alpha Soren held his hands up and his eyes twinkled knowingly. “I wouldn’t dare.” He said sarcastically.

“Grant, take her.” Lucca handed me to my dad and I was tossed like a bag of flour.

Stupid man.

“What do I owe the honor of this visit?” Lucca asked him.

Alpha Soren smirked, “You’re attitude really irritates me. My father-in-mating is equally as annoying. I honestly don’t like you already because you remind me of him.”

Lucca’s composition hardened by the minute, “The feeling is mutual.”

Luisa gasped. “Lucca” She scolded, but that didn’t phase Lucca at all.

His backbone was back and I was rather happy inside. The pain on the back of my head was gone and my wolf was dormant again.

“I’m here to evaluate how your training is doing. I’m sure the senior members of your pack are waiting for my results and decision. They have become impatient and overlooked your given deadline. Cranky old people…they only think of themselves.“ He groaned the last part.

This man was really weird. He could be really mean and intimidating; then casual the next.

Luisa sighed. “They aren’t even giving him a chance to prove himself!”

“Sorry, but when a pack community comes to me about their issues I can’t ignore it, especially when they think their alpha is incapable of running the pack. It’s part of my Head Alpha duties.” Alpha Soren shrugged.

“We have been working our Asses off the last couple days! But we have not perfected our skills yet.” Lucca tried to reason. “Give us one more week and I promise you won’t be disappointed.”

I wanted to do something besides standing there doing nothing, but I didn’t want to put anymore attention to myself. Dad kept silent after Alpha Soren had nothing more to say to him and he wanted to keep it that way.

“Luca, Nathan, Daniel—what do you guys think? Should I give this new Alpha a little more time?” The three men looked uninterested with the situation and they all replied with half-hearted answers like, “Whatever.”

“You know what…I was rushed out of my house because of your pack issues, while I could have been spending time with my hormonal pregnant mate. I’ll give you your time, but I will only give you one week to prepare. If the men here today are not ready by that time, then your pack member will decide as a whole, who will take your position. That is my final decision.”

Lucca nodded slightly.

“I will be back then” And Alpha Soren looked at me skeptically one more time before disappearing into the trees with his men.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

295K 7.8K 60
"You're in my territory now, princess, and you'll abide by my rules. Is that clear?" he whispered in my ear as he backed me against the wall, his han...
4.6K 77 13
Tae confessed his love to his school crush and their relationship was good until a girl came and nothing was the same anymore . Tae secretly cheated...
4.5M 95.8K 35
Beverly Rachel McAdams the typical fresh out of high school girl. She lives with her single mother, and cannot afford to go to college or university...
201 92 31
When she was done, she handed our different assignments to us. It was a list of names, people who were yet to be part of us. My colleagues signed th...