Involuntary Misfortune

By jongindreams-

|Sequel to Involuntary Parents| "Life as we know it...will never be the same." More

Copyright & Disclaimer
Involuntary Misfortune
Involuntary Misfortune [1]
Involuntary Misfortune [2]
Involuntary Misfortune [3]
Involuntary Misfortune [5]
Involuntary Misfortune [6]
Involuntary Misfortune [7]
Involuntary Misfortune [8]
Involuntary Misfortune [9]
Involuntary Misfortune [10]
Involuntary Misfortune [11]
Involuntary Misfortune [12]
Involuntary Misfortune [13]
Involuntary Misfortune [14]
Involuntary Misfortune [15]
Involuntary Misfortune [16]
Involuntary Misfortune [17]
Involuntary Misfortune [18]
Involuntary Misfortune [19]
Involuntary Misfortune [20]
Involuntary Misfortune [21]
Involuntary Misfortune [22]
Involuntary Misfortune [23]
Involuntary Misfortune [24]
Involuntary Misfortune [25]
Update

Involuntary Misfortune [4]

15.5K 759 883
By jongindreams-

"They sent you on an errand and you brought back a child?" Deidara asked looking at the red haired girl.

"Yup," Sasori smiled. He watched as Midori watched the television with Yuu. At first she was shy around him- around everyone really. But since Yuu was her age, she got along with him much better than everyone else.

"I don't know man, with you kidnapping people, acting as a substitute boyfriend to make guys jealous and keeping secrets from people...I don't think you're much of a father figure," the blonde muttered.

"Huh? What was that?"

Deidara smiled, "nothing."

Sasori smirked, "good."

"So now Konan's dumping her kid on you?" He asked taking a drink from the mug before him that was filled with coffee. The red head shrugged but kept his eyes on Midori. "From player to nanny, nice transition."

"Shut up," he muttered causing Deidara to laugh. "Don't you have somewhere you need to be?"

The blonde sat back in his seat, "nope. Besides I thought you'd need help with this whole parenting thing."

"Thanks, but no thanks," he politely declined the offer.

The blue eyed boy scoffed, "fine, but when she wakes up in the middle of the night crying don't call me."

Sasori deadpanned, "she's four years old, not a newborn. Besides if you want to play daddy go get your own child."

He frowned, "maybe I will and my daughter would be prettier than yours."

"Your daughter would be you with mascara." His friend retorted causing Deidara to almost choke on his coffee.

"Let's just hope Midori doesn't get that smart mouth of yours," he grumbled.

Sasori chuckled and looked back at the green eyed girl he'd adopted. Hopefully he'd be a good role model for her. Having his parents die at a very tender age and knowing what it's like to be alone made him somewhat able to sympathize with the toddler. But just as how his grandmother was there for him, he'd be there for her. She'd never lack anything for she was his responsibility now.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when Midori turned and saw him staring at her. Her emerald eyes held such sadness, but regardless of that he offered her a smile. Aware of the situation at hand he knew it would take a while for her to happy, he was unsure of her even being truly happy. But what happened next gave him hope and a positive attitude.

She smiled back.

...

"Gomen Sakura," Ino sulked. "I didn't realize that you hadn't told him yet a-and..."

The pink haired girl laughed, "it's fine." It really was, Sasuke was discharged from the hospital the day before and things had been going pretty well since them. "No harm done."

"But that was supposed to be your moment and I took it," she groaned.

Sakura sighed, "Sai, could you place tell her that it's okay?" She asked looking at the pale boy.

The black haired boy offered his wife a close eyed smile, "it's okay Ino. It's not your fault that you always speak without thinking first."

Both girls turned to look at him, "on second thought..." Sakura said breaking the tension before Ino decided to kill him. "Ino-"

She smiled, "it's fine, we should get going."

"You sure?"

The pale blonde haired girl glared at her husband, "yeah. Come on Sai."

Sakura watched at sweat lined his forehead, the smile still plastered on his face. "I'm sure we can sta-"

"Now," she said getting up. The pinkette giggled as they left and decided to go check on Sasuke. She made the long journey upstairs but was met with dismay when she found an empty room.

"Sasuke-kun?" She called but there was no answer. She walked into the bathroom but he was nowhere in sight. Panic rushed through her as she searched room after room, until finally her search took her downstairs. "Sas-"

"In here," he called from the kitchen causing her to sigh in relief. Sakura quickly made her way into the kitchen, to her surprise she found Sasuke putting butter on toast.

"What are you doing?"

"Getting something to eat, what does it look like?" He asked focusing on the task at hand.

Sakura pouted just then, "but I made you breakfast earlier..."

The raven haired boy froze, "yeah about that..."

"What about it?"

He offered her a coy smile, "I uh...I just feel like getting toast."

"Hmm...you should be resting."

"I'm fine," he said taking a bite out of his breakfast.

"Sasuke-"

"You worry too much, it's just a broken arm," he groaned, taking up another slice of toast bread. "Here."

Sakura rolled her eyes and reached out to take the bread, but the Uchiha moved it out of her reach. "Well?"

"I want to feed you," he said coming closer.

The pinkette's face turned crimson as Sasuke backed her against the counter. "I'm capable of feeding myself thank you."

"Hn."

"Besides aren't you the one with the broken arm? I should be the one feeding you..." She trailed off as he held the toast to her lips.

"Now's where's the fun in that?" He asked quietly waiting for her to open her mouth. She sighed and looked from him to the bread, giving in to temptation she took a bite. "Good girl," he smirked before finishing it.

"Tease," she muttered sitting on the counter. "So what now?" The pink haired girl asked as he came to stand between her legs.

"What do you mean?"

She shrugged, "school, us..."

"Hmm," he hummed chewing. "I don't know...we still have to graduate."

"Is that even necessary in these times, I mean jobs are the easiest things to get."

Sasuke sighed, "I don't want to think about that right now. As for us, what is there to do?" Sakura shrugged, her gaze never wavering. "You're happy with me...right?"

Nodding her head quickly, "yes."

Sasuke offered her a coy smile, "then nothing else matters."

...

He died.

The words kept running on reply in the Hyūga's head as he stood in the train station. They'd been there for a while now, waiting on the train to arrive. She was returning that day and they all wanted to see her. His white eyes glanced at his cousin nervously. She stood beside him, motionless and speechless. Though she was happy to see her imōto, her lavender eyes held a different sadness.

Their last visit to Kyoto ended horribly, leaving her and their grandfather on a bad note. But he knew the part that grieved her the most was the fact that he died before they could mend the rift between them. It would haunt her forever...

"Hinata, I know-"

"It's okay Neji-nii," she said cutting him off. He arched an eyebrow and she smiled slightly, "I know everything happens for a reason."

"Yes, but-"

She shook her head, "It's weird I suppose...I feel sad and everything, but since you told me about ojiisan's death, I haven't cried."

The dark haired Hyūga shrugged and shoved his hands into his pockets, "you weren't that close to him and he almost broke your marriage."

"I guess, but he was still family," she retorted.

Neji sighed, "well...he's gone now. No use beating yourself up over it."

"You're right..." She smiled as a train stopped. Shuffling forward they search the crowd for a full head of brown hair.

"Hanabi?" Neji called.

"Over here!" Both of them heard a voice call. Turning to locate the source of the sound Hinata smiled as she caught sight of her little sister. But that smile faltered when she realized that she wasn't alone.

~♥~

Happy birthday little sis! kaorulewis

Short chapter, sorry. I got it all planned, all under control don't worry. I want to thank you guys for all your support thus far! I really am grateful!

UNTIL NEXT TIME MY LOVELIES ✋

Infinite_Writer01

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 4.2K 22
Naruto falls in love with a boy he never thought in a million years would want him. They'd been friends for years before he found out Sasuke shared t...
41.4K 1.8K 40
Two different people. Two different lives. Too many thoughts. One story.
3.1K 272 55
"Light and dark are two different things but we need both. For too much light burns us, while in darkness we cannot see. But together we have shade."
Code By Borusuch

Fanfiction

12.9K 256 27
Sequel to "Karma for my past mistakes" When an Uchiha has known love, then loses that deep love, it is replaced by an even stronger hate that changes...