Dark [Zarry]

By karmasucks

Harry Styles is dark and mysterious, Zayn Malik is cute and innocent. What will happen when the two worlds me... More

Dark [Zarry]
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Epilogue.

Chapter 16.

37.3K 824 255
By karmasucks

Zayn

I slipped my white SnapBack on as I headed outside after finishing my early shift at the music store, smiling and waving goodbye to Calum.

I zipped my hoodie up and sunk my hands deep in its pockets as I headed down the path. I was about to turn a corner when my eyes fell on a car in the car park, right outside the line of shops. I frowned, my eyes peering closer to it and I realized the owner of the car was my man himself. Harry. I recognized the sleek black model, Audi R8 and the numbers were familiar on the number plate.

My eyes drifted over to the small posh-like building the center of a bunch of other shops, but completely different. I noticed a few tough-looking guys going inside and went to investigate. Boxing posters lay randomly on the floors below the bulletin board where random notices for different events hung. I noticed Harry's face on one of the posters, pretending (or so I hoped) to punch a guy across from him. I instantly knew it was an ad, his address and number clearly visible before the picture. I frowned further, eager to find out and I went inside.

It turned out the posh building was some sort of gym. I should've known judging by the white gleaming doors that stood next to the bulletin board. I was about to head over to the reception desk for help of Harry's whereabouts but I was stopped by a man, accidentally bumping into me. I grunted in surprise, spinning on my feet a little until the lad helped me get my balance back. 

"Oh! Sorry mate." he was Irish. I instantly knew who he was. Niall. I was shocked by how he looked; his topless body sweaty and hair damp from the gym, long black shorts hung low on his hips that easily showed a perfect V-line. He wore matching black running shoes and socks, a grey SnapBack attached to his head as he wrapped wrist bands around his wrists.

He flashed me a brilliant smile when I asked him where Harry was. "You've come to right place." he said mysteriously and gently grabbed my bicep, guiding me to the double automatic doors at the far end of the gym, next to the flight of stairs. He pushed the doors open for me, his hands on the small of my back as he lid me into the gym. There were loads of people at different activities, but I could clearly spot Harry amongst the crowd; what with his many tatts and curly hair and all. His back was too me, but a mirror was facing him and his opponent and I was pretty sure he would see me if he wasn't so busy.

Harry was wearing a grey tank top, the sleeves thick and rolled to the edge of his shoulders, a few strands of curls sticking to the nape of his neck due to sweat. Large black boxing gloves covered his hands as he punched a punch bag repeatedly, his biceps flexing as he did so with the amount of force and effort. His eyes were focused and he was biting his lip with concentration. An instructor was pacing the length of the boxing ring, his hands also held boxing gloves. I noticed that they were both barefoot, probably to help them train better. I sat on the table against the wall, Niall joining me without saying a word but smirking knowingly at me.

The instructor looked fierce, and big. Like a younger version of Vin Diesel. "Ten more! C'mon, Styles!" he yelled at Harry who's speed seemed to increase against the punch bag. I watched, open-mouthed and amazed as Harry's concentration seemed to intensify with each punch. Harry's eyes became fazed for a second and he saw me through the mirror. His eyes widened in shock and his trainer took the opportunity to grab him in neck-lock, taking him to the ground. I flinched as Harry winced with fright, gasping a little as he tried to untangle himself from his trainers grasp but he was stronger than Harry, keeping him hold. "Never loose concentration or eye contact," he spat furiously at Harry who whimpered. He then looked up, his eyes on me and his dimples flashed, despite the situation he was in. "What if it's my boyfriend?" Harry suggested innocently, looking up at me with a side smile. My heart fluttered at his words. He called me his boyfriend...I could feel my cheeks heating but a bit.

"I guess we could take a break." his trainer admitted with a sigh, letting go of his tight grip and releasing Harry. He slipped off his boxing gloves with ease and slipped through the boxing ring, heading for the showers. Harry stood up, brushing himself down and he slipped through the ring, jumping down and joining me. His smile grew as he stared at me and I couldn't help smiling back.

"You're a boxing trainee?" I questioned, my tone sounding surprised. "I'm not as strong as you think I am, babe." he smiled weakly, gazing softly at me as he lay his boxing gloves to the side. His words caused Niall to slip off the table, knowing it was his cue to leave. As soon as Niall left, Harry wrapped his arms wrapped around me, enveloping me in a strong and firm hold while he left a chaste kiss on my lips. "Hey, beautiful." he spoke softly, nudging his lips against my neck. My hands gripped the sleeves of his t-shirt, pulling him impossibly close. "Hey," I murmered against his earlobe and I could feel goosebumps rise on his arms as I traced my fingertips down his skin and I couldn't help smiling, knowing that it was me that had that effect on him.

"How did you find me?" he asked, biting his lip. He really needed to stop doing that in front of me. "I just saw your car outside while I was walking home from work...thought I'd stop by." I shrugged and he immediately frowned. "You were walking home by yourself?" his eyes narrowed as he stared at me. I rolled my eyes. Honestly. He treated me like a bloody twelve year old. I was 19 for crying out loud! "Would you rather have Ste walk me home?" I challenged, eyebrows raised and his expression turned from angry to annoyed. "Don't play with me like that, you know I don't like him." he spat, removing his grip from my ass. I decided to change the subject, to stop us from fighting again.

"How come you're a boxing trainee?" I asked curiously and he turned back round to me. "Self defence. Besides, I need a hobbie to take my anger out instead of innocent men." he admitted and I looked at him, hard. "Jai's not innocent." I retorted and he knew what I meant. "Innocent men like you," he corrected himself shyly and my shoulders dropped. "Besides, I...I need my strength up. To protect you. They said I wasn't strong enough." he whispered sadly and my heart clenched at his words. I felt sorry for him, but at the same I felt glad that I had someone like Harry in my life. Someone who actually wanted to protect me.

Biting my lip, I looked round and grabbed his own gloves on the table and slipped them on before slipping under the ring, Harry watching me. He chuckled as I stood ready and eager. He chuckled, his dimples showing as he walked toward me, grabbing another spare pair at the side. "Have you ever boxed before?" he questioned and I shook my head, smiling. "We'll see," he mocked back with a smirk and I laughed. Secretly, I had watched a few game matches before so I knew some of the rules and defences.

I surprised him by blocking one of his playful hits, grabbing his arms and throwing him down on the ground. He grunted, looking up at me, shock plastered all over his face. I laughed fondly, staring down at a stunned Harry Styles. He panted a little while he got back on his feet. "C'mon, Styles. I'm loosing the will to live here," I joked, bouncing up and down on the balls of my feet and I heard someone chuckle across the ring, guessing it was Niall back to watch our playful banter.

I could tell Harry was getting pissed off at me that I knew something like boxing, and I watched in horror as he rugby-tackled me to the ground, his arms wrapped around me and he toppled over me, me flat on my back. Our laughs echoed the hall as our practice boxing turned into a mini game of playful wrestling.

Niall's POV

I couldn't help laughing loudly as I watched the couple tackle each other, trying to get each other on the ground long enough first. My smile grew wider as I watched Zayn straddle Harry's hips, knees bent as he unstrapped the boxing gloves from his hands, removing them completely. I guessed they were just slowing him down. Liam joined me as Harry grunted and struggled, attempting to pull Zayn off him.

"How long have they been at it?" Liam smirked, amused, nodding toward the pair. I smirked back lazily, shrugging in reply. "God knows," I sighed. It looked like they were enjoying themselves though. "Have you met Zayn before?" I frowned, glancing at Liam who nodded. "Yeah, at the club remember?" he recalled and I nodded knowingly.

I knew Harry extremely well. Much to well for my own good, in fact. He wasn't normally the type of person who'd go for long-term relationships so Liam and I were shocked at the very least about him and Zayn. Harry'd normally laugh it off if someone asked him if there was a guy in his life. But just a few days ago, I'd asked him again and he was more serious and defensive. I knew then that Zayn meant a lot to Harry, and vice versa. Zayn made Harry happy. That's why I liked him. Harry was never a very cheerful person after Bo left. Couldn't say I blame him though. Bo made Harry's life hell.

Folding my arms across my bare chest, I looked back to the boxing ring to find that Harry had managed to untangle himself from Zayn. Zayn's back was to Harry's chest, both of them breathing deeply. Harry had a large hand wrapped protectively around Zayn's flexed bicep, while Zayn looked down. Harry whispered something in Zayn's ear, causing Zayn to blush a bright red and I smirked quietly, looking away and exchanged a knowing look with Liam. It was obviously it was a private moment, something neither of us didn't want to intrude on.

---

Zayn's POV

The next morning, my eyes darted to my alarm clock before back at a sleeping Harry. I smiled peacefully and slowly brought myself up from the pillows to make breakfast. When I was finished, I carried a full breakfast tray of pancakes and syrup up to my bedroom, along with a glass of orange juice. Harry was still sleeping when I emerged in the bedroom and I chuckled quietly, sitting the tray on my nightstand before pouncing on top of Harry, causing him to groan and peel his eyes open. "Don't I get a good morning kiss?" I asked innocently and Harry laughed, letting me bend down to kiss him.

"Now there's a sight for a sore eyes." he sighed, gazing up at me sleepy, his mop of messy bed hair a mess on the pillow. I cheekily reached over to the tray and grabbed a forkful, slipping into his already open mouth.

_______________________

Okay guys, I lied! I said there wouldn't be an update this weekend but there is! Started writing last night and in between work xD Hope you like it! How about 50 detailed comments in the next chapter? I know you can do it! Keep it up! Love you. xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.1K 2.4K 28
Harry is abused. Zayn is abused. Two different stories, two different secrets. What happen when their worlds collide and secrets are shared? ** so...
62.8K 3.6K 23
Zayn is a struggling College student, while Harry is a prince. Zayn is striving hard to graduate college while Harry, is learning how to be a King...
25.1K 634 22
Niall and Harry have always had these odd thoughts around each other. Maybe they were there all along. They never really understood them. But when Ha...
483K 21.2K 36
❝you know how they say, what was it? don't judge a book by its cover? well lad, this is a prime example.❞ zayn was your typical bad boy. leather jack...