Moonstar's Rise

By ad_meliora

[Warriors Cats Fanfiction] In FoxClan, a petite silver-blue she-cat named Moonkit is born. Like most young sh... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 18

459 19 3
By ad_meliora

Moonstar smiled as she awoke. Today was battle day, the day they had been awaiting for moons. She slashed her claws against the den wall, making sure they were nice and sharp.

As she padded out of the den, she found the other cats ready for battle. She quickly passed by them, padding up onto the familiar rock.

"CATS OF MOONCLAN!' she yowled, looking past all the members. The camp was now filled with rogues, as well as clan members. They would win this battle for sure.

"TODAY IS THE DAY WE CLAIM THIS FOREST FOR MOONCLAN! REMEMBER, KILL EVERY CAT YOU FIGHT! GOOD LUCK, AND I WILL SEE ALL OF YOU BACK HERE FOR A CELEBRATION!"

Cats yowled in response, agreeing with their leader.

Fang and Cloud would be staying in the MoonClan camp, though Leopardtail would leave. As much as the spotted she-cat did not want to leave her kits, she had to. It was crucial that she joined. They needed very cat for battle. The rogue Moonstar had ordered to kill Tooth was already ready to kill him near the end of the battle.

The army marched towards the meadow, ready to fight. They stood, awaiting for FoxClan and SnowClan to join. It only took a few moments for the other two clans to come towards the meadow. They stood, facing the MoonClan army.

Moonstar laughed as she looked around, seeing the MoonClan army was much bigger than both the clans combined. They would win for sure.

"Hello, Icestar and Sunstar," Moonstar hissed. "It is so nice to see you again!"

Icestar hissed at the she-cat. "You'll never defeat SnowClan or FoxClan!" Sunstar nodded in agreement beside her.

"Just watch me," Moonstar laughed. "MOONCLAN! ATTACK!" she commanded.

Cats bounded into action, attacking the nearest cat they saw. Moonstar hissed and attacked a FoxClan cat while the others went about their ways, killing left and right. Attacking the she-cat, Moonstar left her injured to die and bounded off.

Padding off to kill more cats, she stumbled into Honeyfall. She quickly pinned the she-cat down, seeing the fear in the she-cat's blue eyes. Honeyfall was the only cat who had ever shown her kindness. She had let Moonstar sleep in her nest when Silverwhisker wouldn't. She kept Moonstar company.

"Moonstar. It's me, Honeyfall," she pleaded. Her eyes were full of sorrow, and Moonstar spotted Foxeye watching from a distance.

"I know who you are," Moonstar growled. "But I don't care!" she hissed, slicing open the she-cat's throat. The dead she-cat lay on the ground, a pool of blood forming around her.

"NO!" Foxeye yowled, beginning to run towards her. Moonstar ran off into the crowd before the ginger tom could seek his revenge.

She climbed up a tree to watch the battle from a distance. She looked for dead cats, but all she found were dead rogues. She searched for Hazelnose, though she couldn't find her.

By the time Moonstar padded down, she stumbled over Leopardtail's dead body. "LEOPARDTAIL!' she cried out. She spotted ginger hair on the wounds...Foxeye had gotten his revenge. She growled, prowling around for the ginger tom.

She then noticed Cloverpelt and an unknown black she-cat crying over another cat. As she edged forward, dodging cats that came near her, she noticed it was Chesnuttail. Moonstar laughed. The tom had deserved to die.

Moonstar continued rushing by, gasping as she noticed Hazelnose fighting with the MoonClan cats, a gray tabby tom beside her. A cat swatted at the gray tom, and he fell to the ground. She watched Hazelnose cry out in pain.

So, her daughter had come through. Perhaps she wasn't as bad as Moonstar had expected.

As she raced by, she noticed Ice screaming at a small gray tabby apprentice.

"YOU KILLED MY KIT!" Ice screeched.

The gray tabby she-cat whimpered and began to back up. "No, I didn't, I swear!"

Ice lashed out, killing the she-cat in a single swipe. A yowl came from another she-cat nearby, and Moonstar recognized her as Skycloud. She watched as the she-cat grabbed the apprentice, dragging her away. Moonstar was about to go after the she-cat when she noticed Icestar nearby.

Quickly, Moonstar lunged at the white she-cat. Icestar fell to the ground, surprised. It only took a second for Moonstar to slice her throat. Icestar's eyes became unseeing, and it was obvious she was losing another life. She deserved to die.

Feeling rage and energy, Moonstar went off, ready to kill other cats. Suddenly, a yowl came from a rock in the meadow.

"STOP!' she yowled.

She turned, recognizing the kit as Lilypaw, Blacktail and Thorndapple's only kit.

"WHAT NOW?!" Moonstar hissed, making her way to the rock.

"WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING?!" Lilypaw shouted. Cats began to stop fighting, and they turned their attention to the apprentice. "THERE IS NO NEED TO FIGHT! PLEASE, WE CAN SOLVE THIS!"

Moonstar padded up the rock, watching as Blacktail and Thorndapple tensed as she neared their daughter.

"There is no way to solve this without death! Right, MoonClan?!" Yowls of agreement came from her members.

Moonstar turned, facing the golden-brown she-cat. She slashed her cheek, blood falling from Lilypaw's face. Blacktail and Thorndapple leapt onto Moonstar, trying to attack her.

Moonstar pushed them off, laughing. "You can't defeat me!" she hissed, raising her claw to kill the two.

"NO!" Lilypaw hissed. She shoved Moonstar with much force, more than Moonstar had ever felt before. Moonstar gasped, yowling as she fell off the rock. Everything else seemed to be in slow motion.

Cats looked at her and gasped. Moonstar fell against the rock, the abrasive surface crushing her as she bumped off it. As she landed, her head crashed against the rock. Cats gasped, and she heard a large crack. She crashed to the ground, everything fading.

When Moonstar awoke, she was in a dark place with no light whatsoever.

"Where am I?" Moonstar asked.

A bright figure padded forward. Silverwhisker. "You're in the Dark Forest, my kit."

"YOU!" Moonstar growled. "I'M DEAD, AREN'T I?! NO! WE NEED TO WIN! I CAN'T DIE!"

"But you did," Silverwhisker explained. "SnowClan and FoxClan have won. It was known all along that they would win. Evil never wins."

Moonstar hissed at her mother. "Lies!"

"Perhaps you would like to see your old family members again?" she asked.

"Like who?" Moonstar hissed.

Owlpaw padded forward, grief on his face.

"Oh, look, my annoying brother! I'm glad I killed you!" Moonstar hissed.

"Look what you've done, Moonpaw," Owlpaw whimpered.

"MOONSTAR!" she hissed.

Owlpaw shook his head and looked down at his paws sadly. "You will always be Moonpaw to me. Look what you've done. You've killed everyone who loved you!" Moonstar turned to the corner, seeing Honeyfall in the corner, looking down. 

Chesnuttail stood near her as well. Also there was Rock and Night. She then noticed Leopardtail.

"LEOPARDTAIL?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN STARCLAN?!"

"I never wanted to follow your ways, Mother," Leopardtail explained. "I never even killed a cat."

Moonstar growled, but Rock and Night were bright as well. "Even you, Rock?"

"I was never evil, though I tried to be," Rock explained.

"You killed innocent cats," Silverwhisker explained.

Moonstar growled. "I DON'T CARE ANYMORE!" she hissed, turning around to see Fang behind her. He was not bright like the others, but dark, like herself. She turned, seeing the StarClan cats fading away, leaving her and her dead mate in the forest.

"There will be revenge," she growled. "I will live on!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 183 38
"Her earliest memory was shivering in a meadow at moon-high, on the coldest day in leaf-bare, with no mother, warmth, or food..." When a kit stumbles...
12K 415 31
[Warriors Cats Fanfiction] (The Sequel to Moonstar's Rise) Though MoonClan's reign appears over, it is nowhere near extinction. When Moonstar finds h...
2.2K 402 52
Covers cooperation by my awesome wattpad friend @Shadowheart_Warriors! "The daughter of StarClan is born." Sandstar announced. Twilightkit has the bl...
10.5K 1.8K 54
COMPLETED Ivykit, the daughter of a traitor and adopted by her cruel aunt, is determined to prove herself. Follow her as she grows from Ivykit to Ivy...