Captive To The Alpha

By toxicwords

"We're mates." Caleb said. I froze. My eyes scanned his face closely, reading carefully to see if he was bein... More

Info
1 - Meeting to Break the Treaty
2 - Hunt
3 - Captured
4 - The Healer
5 - Clean Up
6 - Escape
7 - First Bite
8 - Visitor
9 - Broken
11 - Tour
12 - Beta
13 - Alex
14 - Not So Fast
15 - Captured Again
16 - Trapped
17 - Begin
18 - Ambush
19 - Aftermath

10 - Loose

11.6K 460 20
By toxicwords

The moment the door opened I launched myself off the bed. I scrammbled out of the room, pushing aside whoever had opened the door and running as fast as I could. I quickly moved through the memorized layout of the house and out the door. My heart sped as I was met with the outside once again. I didn't take the time to see if there was anyone around or acknowledge the bright sun's irritating itch on my skin, I just ran. Shouts sounded behind me. My feet pounded against the ground and hair waved frantically behind me. I reached the tree line in an instant, coming closer than I ever had before when sudden all my nerves contracted and my body refused to budge. I fell to my knees, every once of strength  leaving my body. My head fell, long messy hair coming to curtain my face. I had come so close only to have my freedom snatched away from me once again. Anger and hopelessness boiled working me.

Behind me I heard easily recognizable voices pick up.

Matt: She just bolted like f-ing cheetah.

Joseph: What should we do?

Caleb: Let her be. She needs some time.

Matt: Whatever you say Captain.

Their footsteps lead away but I stayed still. I couldn't bring myself to go after them. It was starting now to seem hopeless. Werewolf packs are strong. The only way to leave one is to be banished. With the Alpha of the pack believing I'm his mate, It was extremely unlikely. Instead of being banished, if I acted out, taking revenge on all the stupid mutts that trapped me here, I would most likely only be locked away again.

My stomach twisted at the thought.

At the moment, it's a better idea to play nice with the dogs than stay in that room another moment.

I let out an deep breath.

If I looked closely I guess in someways this was better. I was able to taste fresh air and explore more land. This way I might have a better chance of connecting with Alex or the others who could help break out of here. For the mean time I should try to act kind to fool them to think I've accepted this. That way they'll give me more lenience and hopefully lead to me slipping though their fingers in the end.

I tripped my head up and looked around. Now that the sun was out many more people roamed the field. Children, woman, men, teenagers, they all littered around. Some pups played in an open area, nipping at each other playfully and running in circles. I tried to ignore the small spark of fondness for their innocent and forced myself to my feet.

My stance was slow and sluggish. My body felt restricted, a feeling I'd never experienced and honestly distasted.

Straightening out my clothes, I started to make my way towards the cabins. After thinking about it I realized I had been rude to Tamara the day before and it would give me credit if I were to apologize. Other than the wolf heritage, she seemed like an possibly nice girl.

Weaving through the buildings, I passed many people who glanced and stared. They could probably smelt the absence of wolf.

I passed another person, a smaller boy, around ten, walking beside an equally young girl in pig tails. When they saw me both their eyes widened and heads fell to a bow.

"Luna." They said together in unison. Before I had time to react they both scurried off in an cloud of whispers. I didn't give the strange behavior much thought at the moment, putting it off as an kid thing and continued on.

I found Tamara's home with the wooden hanging and knocked twice. A moment later the door opened.

Tamara stood in the doorway, casual T-shirt and jeans on. Her eyes widened significantly when they landed in me.

"Raven. I didn't know you were coming over." The red head said, her voice a mix of surprise and concern.

I nodded lightly.

"Is it alright if I come in?" I asked in my politest tone. A smile grew on the girl's face and she nodded.

"Yep. Of course." She said, stepping aside to allow me in. I entered the familiar home, noting the absence of a little girl.

As if reading my mind, Tamara said;

"Adeline and Derek are playing with the others. Take a seat." She said. I did, taking the seat Caleb had sat in the day before. Tamara claimed the seat across from me.

When a few moments passed and she didn't speak I decided it was my turn to.

"I'm sorry about the way I acted yesterday. I shouldn't have accused you like that. It was my fault." I said. Tamara's widened and she shook her head.

"I-it's fine. I sometimes have a tendency to get too personal too quickly. Derek says it's admirable but some people don't see it that way." She explained, a small amount of embarrassment on her face. Hearing that name again made me realize how in the dark I was about this whole situation. Why had Caleb took me here of all places when letting me out? Who was Adeline to him? Who were Tamara and Derek to him? The information might come to my advantage at some point.

"Who is Derek?" I asked. Tamara smiled.

"He's my mate." She seemed to glow as she said it. Pride and happiness showed clearly on her face. I couldn't understand how just mentioning a person could make her so happy.

"He wasn't from this pack but one further south. Caleb allowed him to join so we could be together." She gushed. A spark of irritation lit in me as I remembered how I 'joined' this pack as well. I tried not to think of it much in risk my anger might show.

"Packs normally are prudent on accepting new members into their pack but mates are different. Without our mates we suffer in loneliness until we eventually become nothing. I thought it was barbaric how Caleb trapped you in that room. I know it pained him just as much to do it. I know this isn't what you exactly want but he needs you. This pack needs you. Your our Luna." Tamara nearly pleased.

I stared blankly at the girl trying to take in all she had said. I had heard all of it before from Caleb. But the way she almost rehearsed the same words bothered me. I couldn't tell whether that was a good thing or not.

Tamara's brown eyes waited for me to respond. It was clear she wanted something mighty; like me finally accepting that I was to stay here. But her words hasn't sunk deep enough. No matter what anyone in this pack tried to tell me, I would always try to find my way back to the woods. It was my home. Not this place.

Trying to direct the conversation away slightly, I brought up a different question.

"How do you know Caleb?" I asked. A disappointed frown came over the girls face but she answered.

"We're cousins. We've always been close, especially since Caleb has no other family around anymore." Tamara said, face tinting dark. I noticed how she said 'anymore' but didn't pry, not wanting to set something off and lose this trust I had gained.

"It's getting late. Caleb wouldn't like if you went back to the pack house on your own." Tamara said. I nodded, standing up from the chair.

Tamara lead out, noting to come again anytime before I turned around and headed back for the house. The sun had now fallen to the point it no longer irritated my skin. This would be the prime time I would normally go hunting. It was just the right amount of light to see in but not enough to sting.

I watched the woods as I walked, looking for even the slightest sign of movement that might be Alex or the other. Nothing moved. It was doubtful I would see anyone for a while. With Richard gone, the clan would be in chaos; trying to elect a new head and figure out what to do. It would be a while before anyone came for me. It looked like I'd be staying here for a while.

---

I entered the familiar house through the front door. Voices drifted from the kitchen. Interested, I quietly sneaked to the wall separating the stairs and the kitchen.

Caleb: How is Corey doing at North Moon?

Joseph: Good. Alpha Duncan called and said he was really helping them out.

Matt: Banged a few omegas too.

Caleb: I've been thinking about bringing him back next week.

Joseph: Really?

Matt: Are you serious? After you nearly bit his head off last week.

Caleb: I've calmed down. Plus with the rogues threatening us we need all our heads together.

Matt: Whatever you think Captain. I'm not picking up the pieces when you go ape shit again.

Caleb: Good. Now can I talk to Joseph alone please?

Matt: Fine. I've got to get to bed anyway.

There was a rustle and the sounds of footsteps coming closer. I looked around, searching for another spot to hide but there were no places that would still allow me to hear. Hoping for the best, I stayed still.

Matt's tall figure walked around the corner. His eyes found me instantly and a wide smirk came over his face.

"Mind if I listen in?" He asked/whispered, stepping around me to sit on the third step. I shook my head and turned back to the conversation.

Caleb: Would you show Raven around tomorrow? Try to show her it's not such a bad place here.

Joseph: Sure but are you sure she'll go for it. The way it seems she's a little.....agitated.

Caleb: Maybe. Just try okay. I really want her to like it here.

Joseph: Alright.

There was more shuffling and the sound of footsteps in the opposite direction. I frowned at the conversation I heard. Being shown around by one of the two stooges didn't seem like the best use of my time. But if I wanted them to think I was warming up I'd have to.

Turning around, Matt looked at me with a wide grin on his face.

"Looks like you've got a play date vampire."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

928K 30.8K 42
Highest ranking - #1 in Werewolf #2 in Attraction "Damn Bella, why the hell are you so stubborn?! You are my mate and if I want to mark you, I will f...
3.1M 74.6K 26
London was from a pack that was killed by an enemy pack. She was only seventeen when it happened. She was the only one to escape except for a small b...
10.4M 350K 32
"When will you accept me?'' Lucian murmured against my skin. The wonderful feeling only grew as he stepped closer, the thick muscles between our laye...
26.9K 691 27
He grabbed me, and I felt tingles go up my arms. I started to thrash around trying to get out of his grip. As much as my wolf wanted him, I didn't an...