Serendipity Next Door (SND Se...

By x_LavenderHoney_x

The apartment next door to Brooke Walters' was empty for the last 4 years since she moved in. She would stand... More

Summary
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
New Series: Serendipity Next Door
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Epilogue

6.3K 212 46
By x_LavenderHoney_x

*2 years later*

I stare down at the little plus sign. My heart stops for a minute, as realization dawns on me. I'm pregnant. All the vomiting and the heavy weight I've been feeling is all because I'm pregnant.

Excitement and nervousness fills my body. I'm so excited about the thought of becoming a parent, because I've always imagined me and Kevin having kids together. I'm also pretty nervous about how Kevin will react. We have never talked about it.

To add on to that, Kevin hasn't proposed to me yet. After three years of us being together, you would have thought that he was going to propose, but he didn't. I don't even think he's ready to take the next step with our relationship, and this is a huge step. I think the only big step we've took was when he bought us a two bedroom condo, and we moved in together.

I sigh and get off of the bathroom floor. I place the pregnancy test back in it's little box, and throw it away. I walk out of the bathroom, and see Charlie staring up at me with his big eyes. The nervous feeling disappears when I look at his adorable face. 

I bend down and pet his ears. Charlie makes a noise and starts thumping his left hind leg. Petting Charlie's ears is like heaven for him. I found it extremely cute when he does that. 

The sound of the front door opening, causes me to stop. I look up and see Kevin standing there with grocery bags in his hands. 

"Hey babe." He greets me. 

I give him a small smile. I'm about to walk over to him, until the same nauseous feeling, that I have been feeling for the last couple of days, hits me. I cover my mouth, and run back into the bathroom. 

The contents from my stomach comes out as I vomit in the toilet. I lay my head against the seat, and close my eyes. I never liked vomiting. When I do, I feel weak and disgusting. I take a deep breath as I try to get myself together. 

Kevin walks into the bathroom with a glass of water, and a wet towel. He kneels down beside me, and hands me the water. 

"Thank you." I whisper and I take a sip. 

He hums in response, and he starts pressing the towel against my face. The coolness of it makes the heat of my body go down. 

"You have been throwing up a lot recently. Are you sure you don't want to go to the doctor?" Kevin asks worriedly. 

Three days ago, when I started feeling sick, I was throwing up non stop. I couldn't even go five feet away from the toilet without me running back to it. Kevin was worried about me, so he offered to take me to the hospital, but I told him that I'll be fine and that I must have ate something that made my stomach upset. Now I know that it wasn't food, but instead it's baby growing inside of me. 

"I'm fine. I promise." I try to give him my best smile, but I end up throwing up again. 

Kevin releases a sigh in frustration. "You're so stubborn. Come on, I'm taking you to the hospital." He says getting up. If I go to the hospital, there's a likely chance that they are going to announce my pregnancy to Kevin. 

I flush the toilet, and get off my knees. Kevin takes my hand, and leads me out of the bathroom. He lets go of my hand, so that I can slip on my shoes and pick up my purse.

While I'm getting ready, he tells me that he'll meet me outside in the car. I nod and watch him walk out the door. He's probably going to take a smoke break. That's what he does when he says, 'he'll meet me outside.'

That gives me five minutes to get myself together. I go back into the bathroom and look in the trash can. On top of all the tissue inside, is the pregnancy test. I pick up the box, and pull the stick out. The little pink plus sign brings a smile to my face. I'm going to be a mom. If Kevin doesn't want this baby, then too bad. This is going to be another part of me, and I'm not giving it up. 

I put the box in my purse. I'll show him when we leave the hospital. I walk out and tell Charlie goodbye as I close and lock the front door.

I press the up button on the elevator, and wait patiently for the doors to open. I fumble around in my purse for my pack of mints. The ding of the elevator causes me to look up. A guy and a girl step out, holding hands. I look down at their interlocked fingers, and see a wedding band on the girl's left ring finger. Oh, they're married. They seem really happy with each other. 

I give them a small smile, and step inside. I press the first floor button, and lean against the wall. The doors close slowly, and the elevator starts going down. 

My thoughts immediately go to the married couple. They looked like they were around mine and Kevin's age or maybe younger. The blissful look that was on their faces proved that they were madly in love with each other. 

The elevator doors ding open. I clutch my purse as I walk out into the garage. The headlights from Kevin's Mercedes Benz lights up the dark area. I walk over toward it, and get in the passenger seat. 

I look over at Kevin, and see that he's typing on his phone. The close of the door brings his attention to me. He puts his phone in the cup holder, and turns on the car. 

"I made you an appointment. It's at 4:30." He tells me as he pulls out of the garage.

I look at the clock and see that it's 3:45. We're kind of early, but that's good. Knowing how New York traffic is, we'll probably be late, and that gives me some time to tell him about the living thing in my stomach.

When we stop at a stop light, I reach into my purse and pull out the pregnancy test box. My heart beats fast against my chest. How will he react when I tell him? He could be upset, or he could be happy. You'll never know from Kevin unless he tells you, because he's not very good at expressing emotions. 

"Kevin." My voice comes out softer than I expected. 

Kevin turns his head towards me, and I watch his eyes trail down to the box in my hands. His eyes widen and his eyebrows raise up. 

I wordlessly hand him the box with the positive test. Kevin takes it out of my hands slowly. I fiddle my fingers as the sound of him opening the box fills the tense atmosphere of the car. 

His soft gasp causes me to look up at him. Kevin blinks down at the stick that has the small pink plus sign. 

"H-How?" He stutters as he makes eye contact. 

"What else? Sex." I snap at him in frustration at the obvious question. The lost puppy dog look on his face makes me take a deep breath. I can't be snapping at him. I'm just as curious as he is.

"Remember when you had reserved a master suite for us at that fancy hotel, a month ago, on Valentine's Day, and you forgot the condoms?" Kevin nods as realization dawns on him. "Well we were already naked, so you decided to go without them, and I agreed." 

The sound of a car horn causes Kevin to look back on the road. The car that were in front of us, have driven ahead. Kevin sets the test between his legs, puts his hands on the wheel, and starts driving again. 

"So all the vomiting you have been doing is because you're pregnant." Kevin says after a moment of silence. 

"Yep." I reply. 

His bluntness makes me feel even more nervous. You can never tell how Kevin's feeling. Even though he opened up to me about why he's the way he is, he still doesn't show his reaction to any situation. At first it had bothered me, but I've learned to understand that it's going to take him some time to open up. 

We sit in the car in silence for the next fifteen minutes of our ride to hospital. When we pull into the car park, I unbuckle my seat belt to get out. Before I can open the door, Kevin stops me by grabbing my arm. 

I look over at him and I am met with his dark brown eyes. "I'm not upset about you being pregnant. I'm actually ecstatic about this news. I'm just processing the thought that I'm going to be a father." 

His reassurance calms me down immediately. Whew, I'm glad I got this over with. The thought of Kevin being happy with the baby, brings a smile to my face. I feel myself grinning as I give his hand a squeeze.  "Thank god. I thought you were going to be unhappy about us having a child so early." 

Kevin scoffs as he leans over, and peck my lips. "Never, baby."

Giddiness spreads through me, and I can't help but pull him into a passionate kiss.

~

Congratulations, Ms. Walters. You are pregnant." The doctor says.

I feel myself tear up at the news. I'm going to have a baby. Nine months from now, I'm going to hold this tiny person that is going to be Kevin and I's child. I'm so excited. 

I look over at Kevin. He has that sparkle in his eyes that tells me he's happy about something. I give his hand a squeeze. Kevin smiles at me, and squeezes back.

The doctor tells me that I am four weeks, and that my next appointment is two weeks from now. She hands me a packet about my pregnancy, and sends us off. Kevin and I thank her, and walk out of the exam room.

We get back in the car, and I feel like a heavy weight has been lifted. It's a relief knowing that Kevin wants this baby. The thought of him being upset about the pregnancy makes me cringe. If he didn't want this baby my heart would've broken in millions of pieces. 

He starts up the car, and pulls out of the parking lot. The relaxed atmosphere in the car relieves my anxiety. I lean back in my seat, and flip through the packet. Everything that I need to know about my pregnancy is right here. From morning sickness to contractions that I may be feeling when I'm in labor. 

I'm so entranced in the packet, that I don't notice that we're not going the way to our condo. I look up, and see us drive pass Central Park. Wait, we're going the wrong way. Our condo is the other way. Where are we going?

I look over at Kevin, and see that he's tapping the steering wheel. The look on his face tells me that he's deep in his thoughts. 

"Where are we going?" I ask curiously. 

Kevin glances at me, and turns his eyes back to the road. "It's a surprise." 

That's not the first time I've heard him say that. Since I've been with Kevin it has been nothing but surprises. I'm always excited to find out what they are, though, because Kevin's surprises have never been dull. 

I lay my head against the window, and close my eyes. Exhaustion starts to catch up to me. I didn't get as much sleep last night, because I kept running to the bathroom, puking my guts out. 

I must have dozed off, because next minute I know, my shoulder is being shaken. I blink my eyes open and see Kevin's face right in front of mine. 

"Wake up. We're here." Kevin tells me before he gets out of the car. I yawn and stretch my arms above my head. The sound of my bones cracking causes me to release a contented sigh. 

Before I can open my door, Kevin beats me to it. I thank him and step out. He closes the door, and takes my hand in his. The warmth radiating from it brings me comfort. Every time I hold hands with Kevin I can't help but feel safe. 

I take in our surroundings. A gasp escapes my mouth when I notice where we are. This is my calm spot.

"Brooklyn Place." I whisper softly. 

Kevin grins at me, and leads me through the tree branches and rocks on the sidewalk. I blink in amazement as I am met with the most beautiful sunset ever. Hues of blue, pink, orange, and a hint of yellow covers the sky. 

I blink up at Kevin tall form. "How did you find this place?" I ask curiously. 

Kevin shrugs his shoulders casually, "I was looking at the pictures you took, and I noticed this place in one of them. I figured that this was your special spot, because most of the pictures was of this." He gestures towards the beach. 

"Oh." I reply softly.

Kevin takes my other hand, and turns me around. Before I can register what's going on, Kevin gets down on his knee. My eyes widen, and I release another gasp. Wait is he..

"Brooklyn Cassidy Walters, spending these last three years with you, has been the best thing a man like me can get. From day one I knew you were going to someone very special to me. You have always been there for me, even when we had hit a couple of bumps in the road. Plus, knowing that you're going to have my child made you even more special." He pauses as he reaches in his pocket, and pulls out a small black box. "I love you so much baby. Will you do the honor, and become my future wife?" 

Tears stream down my face, like a waterfall. The sincere look in his eyes makes me cry even more. I nod my head, and say shakily, "Yes." Kevin grins and takes my left hand. He slides the glistening engagement ring onto my ring finger. 

He stands up, and I jump into his arms. Kevin catches me out of surprise. I giggle at the shocked look on his face, and pull him in a kiss. 

Our lips mold together as we kiss passionately. I wrap my arms around his neck as he wraps his around my waist. I smile into our kiss as giddiness spreads through me. 

I'm about to become a mother, and I'm about to get married. All in the same day. This is the best thing a girl could ask for. The best part is that I'm going to spend all of this with the man I love. Kevin Anderson. The cold-hearted model. 

~

A/N: THAT IS IT! THIS BOOK IS FINISHED. I am so sad to end this, because Kevin and Brooke are my favorite couple so far. I feel like all my emotions and hormones have gone wild with this whole book.

But don't worry, because they will appear in the upcoming books of the series. I am excited to show you guys the other couples and their stories. I feel like you guy will like them like Kevin and Brooke. So go check out those stories! 

Kiss Under The Moonlight

In Your Arms

Starry Nights

New York City Love 

The next book is Kiss Under The Moonlight, with teen heartthrob Collin Anderson, a.k.a Kevin's brother, and Aubrey Warner! Go check that out, because the prologue will be up soon :)))

See you guys in the next books, and I hope that you guys enjoyed this story as much as I did. 

-Lisa ♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.2K 1.3K 16
Kathys bullied by boys, but after years of torment she doesn't take it so seriously and learns to ignore it. But when the school starts a study buddy...
680K 13.6K 5
It’s practically a proven fact that most teenagers go through their first heartbreak in high school. Marco and Peyton have one thing in common; they’...
670K 17.5K 32
Lexi is a 17 year old girl Moving into a new town of California. When she finds out her new neighbor is the bad boy /player of the school She doesn...
316K 11.6K 45
"We said whoever eats the most pizza has to do the dare no matter how cruel or easy it is." This is just a glimpse of our sleepovers. Ivy and Autumn...