When the Right One Comes (Les...

By darksideofme17

Destiny Fukui is forced to return to her hometown for her mother's wedding. Can a wedding change the lives of... More

Chapter 1: California
Chapter 2: Preparing for Dinner
Chapter 3: Kate Pierce
Chapter 4: Sun, Waves and Bikini Bods
Chapter 5: Mother-Daughter Bonding
Chapter 6: Bowling
Chapter 7: Charity
Chapter 8: Samantha Baltimore
Chapter 9: Accidental Kiss
Chapter 10: Truth
Chapter 11: Fixing Things
Chapter 12: Jealousy Leaves a Bitter Taste
Chapter 13: Confused Heart
Chapter 14: Confession
Chapter 15: Complications
Chapter 16: Decisions are Made
Character Profiles
Chapter 17: The Pieces Have Fallen
Chapter 18: A Night Before Everything Changes
Chapter 20: Weddings and Choices
Chapter 21: A Sweet Goodbye and A Beautiful Beginning
Epilogue
Half of the Ornaments are Red (DestinyxSam ONE SHOT)
A Tale of Christmas Dinner (DestinyxSam Oneshot)
Trivia
Take It Off, She Said
Until We're Gray and Old Part 1
Until We're Gray and Old Part 2

Chapter 19: Dinner Rehearsal

12.8K 423 50
By darksideofme17

-Kate-

    It hurts to see them together. I knew I had no shot with Destiny the moment she met Sam. Sam always had a way to captivate you, I've always envied how easy it is for her to have someone. No one would stand a chance if they are competing against Sam for someone's attention. I just didn't expect that I would be against her for Destiny's affection. I sometimes wonder if I wasn't dating Jeff,would I be in Sam's place? Would I even meet Destiny? Maybe fate doesn't want me to be with her and I should just accept it. There was no way I could make someone as perfect as Destiny fall in love with me. Seeing them together on the couch makes my heart twist in pain. The dinner rehearsal is tonight but I can't find myself wanting to attend. Despite my happiness for Clarice, it hurts so much to see the girl I like with someone else and I shouldn't feel this way since I'm with Jeff or at least I'm trying to still be with him. Jeff and I refused to talk about the issue looming over us. I don't know if I could still love him when I am in love with his sister but I don't think I can hurt him like that. We have been together for a long time and ending things won't be easy for both of us. I sigh and stand up from the couch to go to the backyard, deciding that I could use some fresh air. Once outside I see a lot of people working for the rehearsal tonight. Every single one is getting things done for the event.

    "Hey." I heard that deep voice say behind me making me turn around to greet him with a smile. His brown eyes burying themselves into mine. "About last night. I need to talk to you." My heart races as I nod my head. Jeff take a few steps towards me until there's a considerable distance between us. "I'm sorry for lashing out last night. I shouldn't have done that. I just....it hurts you know. I can't accept the fact that you love her and not me." His voice cracks as he says this and my heart is gripped in guilt. Jeff is nothing but the perfect boyfriend and all I did was hurt him this way. "I just want to know. Do you still love me?" He asks. It takes me awhile to ponder the answer, to force myself and say to him that yes, I do still love him but no matter how hard I think of it I always end it with a no.

    "Jeff. I did love you and I still do but..." I trail off as he nods, already knowing the rest. "I'm so sorry." I say to him as I let my tears roll down my cheek. We stay silent for minutes, not knowing what to say. It wasn't fair for me to string him along when I don't love him the same way I did back then. It was like the flames of our love has died down. It wasn't the same and I was in love with someone else.

    "Well I guess I can't give this to you anymore." He says through the silence, taking out a velvet box and opening it to reveal an engagement ring inside. "I was planning on asking you tonight but I can't force you to still love me when you've fallen out of love."

    "I'm really sorry Jeff. I didn't mean to hurt you." I tell him watching silent tears down his cheeks. He shakes his head while closing the box.

    "It hurts but it would hurt more if we keep up with this relationship knowing one of us have fallen out of love." He tells me straight in the eyes. "Do me a favor?" He asks and I nod. "Still be my date for the rehearsal tonight and for the wedding. Let's just do it as friends." I give him a small smile and agree to it. When we get back inside, we try to act normal. Clarice could have sensed something but I'm glad she didn't say anything. I see Destiny and Sam in time as they go up the stairs, holding hands before I avert my eyes to the floor. A single tear threatening to fall from my eye.

-Destiny-

    I sit on my bed as Sam finishes getting ready for the dinner. I watch her try to put her necklace all on her own and failing miserably. She whines and pouts at me as I laugh at her expense.

    "You know instead of laughing over there, you could offer to help me." She sighs exasperatedly. I stand up and walk behind her. She sweeps her hair to the side showing me the smooth skin of her neck as I hold the necklace. She turns her head and looks at me with a smirk. "If I didn't know any better, I think you fancy my neck." I feel heat crawling up to my cheeks as I try to shake the thought of placing my lips to her neck.

    "Don't act like you don't like my lips on your neck." I tell her gaining a chuckle before I put the necklace around her neck and locking it. Before she could let go of her hair, I place a gentle kiss on the smooth skin and smile as I feel her shudder. She turns her body to me, making me whine at the loss of contact but I'm rewarded with her lips pressing against mine in a chaste kiss.

    "I don't wanna mess up our lipstick." She whispers, her breath hot against my lips. Blue eyes lock with my own, several emotions swirling within them. "You're absolutely beautiful Des."

    "You're impossibly gorgeous." I whisper to her and she smiles that breathtaking smile of hers. There's a knock on my door, telling us that everyone is being ask to gather at the backyard since the rehearsal will start in 10 minutes. "We should get going before they send someone else." I back away to look at her. She nods in agreement, intertwining our fingers together as we walk out of the house and to the backyard.

Everyone in attendance is having fun at the rehearsal. From the moment Pierre's parents made their toast to the moment grandma made her toast. I look around the entire reception, most of them are laughing and some have tears shining in their eyes as they listen to the toasts. I look at Sam beside me, she smiles at the message grandma is giving before turning to look at me. Her eyes shining brightly under the series of lights around the backyard.

    "Stop staring at me." She whispers leaning close to me.

    "Everyone, may I have your attention please." Mom's voice rings out and we both look at the direction they are at. She smiles, holding her glass of champagne in her hand. "I would like to thank everybody for all the help with the wedding. I would like to thank my mom for flying here all the way from Chicago, to Pierre's parents for accepting me into the family. To the staff who works day and night to make this event and tomorrow come true." She pauses and finds me. "I would like to thank my children for spending their summer here with me." She signals us to go up to her and I hesitantly do so. "Jeff, thank you for taking some time off of work to help out with the wedding and always being my companion." She says to Jeff before turning to me. "And Destiny, thank you for giving my invitation a chance and flying all the way here from Japan to attend my wedding. I know this is your summer vacation but I truly appreciate your sacrifice to spend it with me." She turns to her guests. "I have many treasures but the treasures I hold in my heart are my children and I am proud of both of you. My wedding will be complete because both of you are here." She finishes before kissing Jeff's cheek first and then mine. "Everyone please enjoy and have fun." She addresses everyone and I slowly walk back to where Sam is.

    "Wanna dance?" I ask her as a song comes on through the speakers. She looks a bit apprehensive before taking my hand and letting me lead her to the dance floor.

    "I'm not really a good dancer so if I step on your foot, I apologize in advance." She tells me as I put her arms around my neck and my hands on her waist.

    "And here I thought you'd be a good dancer." I tease her making her glare at me. "I'll make sure you won't step on my foot." I wink leading her through the dance. She takes a glance down her feet with every step before reconnecting our eyes. "Keep your eyes on me." I tell her, pulling her closer to me. "Relax. We're just dancing." I whisper to her as we sway our bodies to the music.

    "I just don't wanna step on your foot." She explains but keeps her eyes lock into mine. "The wedding's finally tomorrow." She says cheerfully but there's a hint of sadness in her voice. "Are you flying home the next day?" I give her a small smile.

    "I don't know yet. I was planning on going home the next day but maybe I can stay one or two more days here." I tell her and she gives me a shy smile. My eyes catches a glimpse of brown hair and I see Kate and Jeff dancing a few feet from us. Kate's eyes has been trained solely on me and Sam since we started dancing. Sam notices it and looks to the direction of the couple.

    "She's been looking at us since we started. I think she wants to dance with you." She says looking back at me as I look back at her. "Or just talk with you. I think she really likes you Des." She adds. I smile at her, stopping our movements. "Have you ever wondered if I never came along, would you be with her?" I take a pause and think her question over. I never once thought about what would happen if Sam never came.

    "I don't think I'd be with her." I answer her and she seems surprised. "I know it seems like we could get together but she's with my brother. I won't steal anyone's girl." I tell her honestly.

    "You care about Jeff. You act like you don't but you do. I can see it." She tells me as we resume our slow dance. "As much as you both like to act like you hate each other, I can see how much both of you truly care for one another."

    "Of course I do. He's my brother. Maybe not by blood but I grew up with him." I look at Jeff who is slow dancing with Kate. It was true, even if he wasn't my biological brother I still care for him deep, deep down. I feel a presence to the right, turning my head to that direction I see Pierre smiling at us. We stop our dance to give him our full attention.

    "Can I speak to Destiny for a few minutes Sam?" He asks, his tone light. I nod and Sam excuses herself from us. "Walk with me." He says and I follow him to the further side of the backyard. I brace myself for whatever he has to say. "I wanna I'm sorry for what happened yesterday." He tells me and it takes me a while to process what he means. "I didn't mean to upset you, I didn't mean to sound like I want to take your dad's place cause I would never do that. I'm gonna be your other dad. I just want to give your mom happiness and I can see having you close to her brings her immense happiness." He smiles at me. "I'm not gonna force you to agree to us but I do hope even after the wedding, you'd still come visit us once in a while." He looks at me with his gentle green eyes.

    "You're a good guy Pierre and I can see that you really love mom." I start,trailing off not really knowing what else to say to the man marrying my mom. "Honestly, I don't like the idea of my mom remarrying and replacing my dad's place in her heart but I guess it's been years since they separated. She deserves to be happy and I can tell you make her happy." I smile at him. "Thank you for understanding. I would never have anyone replace my dad." He nods in understanding. "But I look forward to having you as my second dad." He chuckles before pulling me into a hug which I give back.

    "Let's go back then. I'm pretty sure your date is waiting for you." He tells me and leads me back to the party. He squeezes my shoulder as a sign of gratitude before going back to where mom is waiting for him. I smile, I was happy for my mom but at the same time sad that she's finally moved on.

    "Why the long face stranger?" I look up to see Sam with a plate of desserts. "Did he say anything to upset you?" She asks as she reaches me. I shake my head to her.

    "No. He actually said all the right things." I tell her and she offers me a smile telling me to continue. "I'm just a bit sad." I look down. She holds the plate in one hand as she squeezes my hand with her other.

    "Hey. Look at me." She coaxes gently making me look at her. "I know this isn't what you want but look at it this way, you'll have two dads who will love you unconditionally." She smiles but I can see there's a lingering sadness in her eyes. This time, it's my turn to give her hand a squeeze. I turn my entire body to face her, taking the plate and setting it down to the table near us and taking her other hand into mine.

    "Hey. Don't think about him. He's an asshole for leaving you. He doesn't deserve to be your dad." I pause reaching my hand up to brush the stray of hair from her face before stroking her cheek. "You grew up without him and you're an amazing person. You don't need him in your life." She gives me a grateful smile, giving my palm a kiss.

    "Thank you." She whispers, her breath tickling my palm. She brings out her bright smile as she looks at the dessert platter she's gotten for us. "Taste this." She offers me the tiny cupcake and I quickly open my mouth. I moan at the taste. The cupcake was moist and the icing tasted amazing. It wasn't too sweet or too bland. It was just right. Her laughter reaches my ears and it's amazing to hear. Like listening to symphonies.

    "Taste good." I tell her as she tries the cupcake herself. We indulge ourselves with the rest of the desserts she got. Some tasted too sweet while others just tasted weird making us laugh. The party is slowly winding down, people are leaving to have a good night sleep for tomorrow's event. I walk up to my grandma as she makes her way to her car to take back to her house here in Malibu.

    "Destiny. It's good to see you." She says touching my face gently. "You look so much like your mother." Her blue eyes train on mine as she looks at me. "How are you feeling my dear?" She asks as I help her. "How is your dad doing?" Her question surprised me. Grandma does have a soft spot for my dad and I'm grateful she's asking about him.

    "It's good to see you too grandma. Dad's okay. I haven't talked to him yet since he's busy and he's not around most of the time." I tell her honestly. It has been a while since I last talked to my dad. Every time I call, he wasn't around. I try not to think negatively about it, I try and think maybe he's just really busy with work or that he wants to stay out of the house. "I'm good too grandma. How are you?" I ask her as she nods reaching her car where her driver is waiting.

    "I'm good dear. Just a bit older every year." Grandma tells me. "Well, you should get some rest. We have a big day tomorrow." She says getting inside the car. "Good night deary."

    "Goodnight grandma. Take care. See you tomorrow." I tell her kissing her cheek before gently closing the door and watching her car drive away. I look back to see Kate standing on the porch. The closer I get to her, the clearer I see the distraught in her eyes.

    "You should get some rest Kate. The entourage has to be early tomorrow." I tell her as I reach the porch. She simply nods her head and I try to walk to the door when she reaches for my wrist. "What is it Kate?" I ask her, simply tired of it.

    "I just...." she trails off letting go of my wrist. "I wish you and Sam the best." She says before walking to her car. I watch her leave before heading inside only to be greeted by Sam who's smiling at me.

    "I don't know about you but I'm ready for bed." She says making sure to give out an exaggerated yawn. I chuckle at her, taking her hand into mine and leading her to my bedroom.

    Once we're inside and the door is lock, I turn my gaze to the beauty in front of me. Find love my dad's words rings through my mind as I watch Sam go around the room until she reaches her bag.

    "Mind if I wash up first?" She asks taking out her pyjamas and setting them down on the bed. I shake my head no and she smiles, walking to the bathroom. When the door closes, I let out a breath I didn't know I've been holding. I try to shake the feeling of love running through my entire being as I decided to prepare the clothes I'll wear to bed. Not that I really wear any when I usually sleep in my underwear. The door to the shower opens and closes, I turn around to see Sam in her towel and I feel my throat dry up while my heart picks up its pace.

    "You should go wash up now." She says and I make myself walk to the bathroom as she starts to unwrap her towel. I took longer than I should have trying to calm my nerves or whatever it is I'm feeling. I usually wash for only 10 minutes but this time I took almost 20 minutes to wash up and brush my teeth. The moment I get out of the bath, I wanted to go back in when I see her in short shorts and a razorback tank top sitting in front of the keyboard.

    "Hey. Took you a while to finish up. Everything okay?" She asks and I can see the smirk slowly forming. "See something you like?" She teases and chuckles when I stutter my excuse before making my way back to the bathroom. "Why are you shy all of a sudden?" She reaches for my wrist and inadvertently my towel drops to the floor giving Sam my naked glory. Her eyes widen as she realizes what she has done accidentally as my cheeks flush. "I'm so sorry." She says but her eyes are roaming my body before settling to my eyes. "Wow." She says breathlessly clearing her throat before looking away, her cheeks blushing an angry red. I regain my confidence when I see her eyes darkening which I could say mirrors mine.

    "You know...I kinda find it unfair that you see me naked." I tell her taking hold of her shirt. She gulps down as our eyes lock. "Mind if I amend that?" I whisper and she nods subtly. I gently lift her shirt up and over her head. I throw the shirt somewhere in the room before crashing my lips against hers. She kisses me back fervently, her hand running through my hair while my hands lead themselves to her waist. I slowly lead us back to the bed, lips still lock in a fervent, passion-filled kiss. We lose ourselves in the kiss and only when we reach the bed with Sam dropping onto it once her knees hit the edge did we detach our lips from one another. It gives me the chance to look at her in the eyes and see if she was sure about where this is heading. Our breaths mingle with each other as our hearts beat erratically in our chests.

    "Lights on or off?" She asks and despite the seriousness of the situation I laugh.

    "Up to you." I tell her and she pretends to think for a minute before getting up making me whine at the loss of her heat. I quickly turn on the night lamp so we won't get enveloped in total darkness.

    "Relax. I'm gonna turn the lights off so we don't have to do it later." With that being said, she switches the lights off and makes her way back to where I am on the bed, naked. The light from the night lamp is enough to show me the curves of her body and those darkened blue eyes as she reaches me. Leaning down she captures my lips forcing me to move back to the center of the bed. My hands roam all over her body when I reach her waist. I tug on her shorts and underwear before sliding them down her long legs, not caring where it lands in the room. We pull away for a breath and I take this chance to take in her naked body, memorizing every single detail.

    "Beautiful." I whisper looking into her eyes finding them on mine. I lean up to capture her lips before switching our positions, now having her beneath me. I bite her lower lip teasingly before tugging it. I'm rewarded by her moan and hands are running over my back. I kiss my way down her jaw to her neck where my lips start sucking until I find her sweet spot. The moment I suck her pulse point, her hands shot up to my hair, holding me in place.

    "Fuck" I hear her say breathlessly making me smile against her neck. I stop sucking knowing that I had left a love bite there and proceed my way down to her chest till I reach her breasts. I put one of them inside my mouth, sucking them gently and feeling her hips rise up. Her moan resonates around the room as I suck and kiss my way across her other breast giving it the same treatment. She pulls me up and crashes lips once again. I place my leg in between hers, moaning as I feel her need for me. We continue to kiss, our hips moving in a sloppy rhythm as we rock them against one another. I pull away from her lips to kiss my way back down her body but I'm not stopping at her breasts this time, no, I'm going all the way down. She's panting as I place small kisses to her stomach until I reach the source of her heat. I look up to see her eyes lock into mine. I give her a smile before kissing the inside of her thigh and doing the same to the other. I can feel her shivering in anticipation as I near her heat. I keep my eyes lock onto her as I let my tongue take a swipe at her. I moan at the taste and I decided I love it. She throws her head back with her hands buried into my hair. I keep my pace slow and focuses on the little bundle of nerves. Her moans have grown louder as I keep up my lazy pace, not rushing into anything. I close my eyes, letting my ears take in her every breath, every moan she makes and what makes her hips buck.

"Close." She pants out making me open my eyes to lock into hers. She tries to keep her eyes on mine when I changed my rhythm. I fasten my movements, her hips bucking up as her hands take a vice grip on my hair. I don't care whether someone in this house hears her moans, all I care about is making her reach the release she needs. It takes me a few more minutes before her body locks and her moans get stuck in her throat. She slowly relaxes back down the bed, her hands release my hair and I make my way backup to her. I smile at her peaceful state, her eyes daze with satisfaction and she smiles lazily up at me. There are no words needed for the rest of the night as we let our bodies do all the talking.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 485 20
Story Preview : Sklyar a basic girl and also a werewolf but everything changes when she meets the girls of her dreams while picking up the...
15.3K 1.3K 16
One sided love story of a girl.see what destiny have in store for her.
870 50 42
She is broken .... He is a happy guy what will happen if these two cross their paths will he able to heal the girl let's peep into the story to know
11.9K 468 16
What if? Just what if Beyoncé actually raised me? Would I even have Mommy in my life? Please read my first book "The Guardian" to understand why this...