The Dark Realm

By NaLulikeJolly

Max is Prince of the Dark Realm, a realm outside of ours that controls and takes care of all of the evil in a... More

The Two Rings
We're going on a trip
Santoro's Secrets
Into the Tomb
Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?
Claustrophobic Codes
Lost
Luke's Labyrinth
Serena and the Maze
sraeF fo rorriM ehT
Out of the Tomb
Facts about the Characters
Items
In the City of Love
In the City of Love (Lilly's Point of View)
Gone
In the Dark Realm
The Lost Child
The Lost Girl
Backstories
Serena Eavesdrops
Layla of Light
Plans and Pain
Training
Something in the Shadows
Futures
Royal Pain
Information
Sisters
Battlefield
Lilly and Luke
The Duel
Escape the Enchantment
Fallen Hero
Down With The King
The Power of Love: Part I
The Power of Love: Part II
Epilogue

Lilly Parker

147 13 13
By NaLulikeJolly

"Max! Come in here!" King Zander had waited long enough. It was time to talk to his son about succession. Max was almost 18 after all.

A young man with raven hair appeared.
"Yes, father?"

"It's time to have the talk."

"Dad, I already know about s*x."

"Not that talk! I'm talking about succession. You're going to be king soon."

"Yeah... About that, why is it 18? Shouldn't I inherited the throne when you're ready to retire or when I'm older like 21 or something?" Max questioned.

His father sighed. He WAS ready to retire. He never wanted to be king in the first place. Zander had had to rule for 25 years.

"Do you want to be king or not?" He asked.

"Of course I do. It's just don't you think 18 is rather young to be king?"

"Would you rather wait until your a little older?" King Zander hoped his son would let him retire.

"No! I'm ready. It's just a little odd. I can't wait to be king." Max exclaimed.

"Good, but before you become king of the Dark Realm there's something you need to know."

"What is it?" Max asked impatient. He was ready for his destiny.

"You must marry before you inherit the throne." Zander remembered when he was young. He was unfortunate enough that his parents forced him to have an arranged marriage and, since his father had been dying, become king.

"Excuse me?"

"You have to get married before you become king to ensure that there will be heirs." Rules were rules and no matter how much he wanted to change them Zander couldn't. It was the law. Sacred law that even the king himself couldn't change.

"If that's what it takes to be king so be it." Max was determined.

"That's not all. To balance out the light and the dark you must marry a woman pure of heart."

Max frowned. Finding someone with a pure heart was no easy task. Not everyone is 100% good.

"Is that all?"

"This isn't something you should take lightly, Max! This is your future!"

Max rolled his eyes.

"I want to be king. I don't care what I have to do to get there. I will be king."

Zander was taken aback. His son used to a sweet, considerate boy but he had turned into a power hungry man.

"You are free to leave now." Zander sighed once again.

"How do I find a girl with a pure heart?" Max asked.

"Serena will show you."

A pretty girl with black hair and red eyes entered the room as the king left.

She waved at Max to follow her and he did. They exited the throne room and entered a room full of monitors.

"Of course! These will help me find her!"

Serena looked down shifting uncomfortably.

"Yeah I heard about that. How are you taking the news?" She asked.

Max looked at her in confusion.

"I'm going to be king. I don't care if I have to marry some girl to do it."

"But she isn't some girl! She's your future wife!

Max waved her off.

"It doesn't matter. Just help me find her."

Serena frowned. She had noticed lately her best friend had been acting... different. The two had known each other since they were babies and not until last year had he turned cold. Even in the Dark Realm people could be kind.

"I guess." She sighed.

Serena went over to the monitors.

"You're just lucky these are magic." She mumbled as she typed something into the computer.

"Do you have any else to add to the search?"

Max thought for a moment.

"She has to be stunningly beautiful. More so than any one else. And make sure she's around my age!"

"I already put that into account."

She hit the search button.

Found 1 result.

The screen showed an attractive teen age girl with golden blonde hair and bright blue eyes.

"That's it. She's my ticket to the throne." Max grinned.

"What a jerk." Serena mumbled. Luckily Max didn't hear her.

"Now that you know what you're after, how are you going to get it?"

"Simple. I'm a prince. Girls love that kind of stuff. She'll be putty in my hands."

"So you're just going to confront her?"

"Yeah."

"Whatever works for you, hot shot." Serena mumbled.

"What's her name?" It was more of a demand than a question.

"Lilly Parker." Serena said absent mindedly.

"Parker... Lilly Parker... Where have I heard that name before?"

Meanwhile at Pinewood High (Our world).

"Hey, Lils!" A skinny boy with pale blond hair ran up to the pretty girl.

"Oh hey, Luke. What's up?" She asked.

"Not much. I was wondering-" Luke was interrupted by a tall brunette.

"Are you finally going to do it?" The brunette who's name was Tyler asked.

"Do what?" They were joined by a chestnut haired girl.

"You know what, Olivia." Michael had joined as well. Two more girls joined as well as a boy with dark hair.

"Finally the whole gang is here." Lilly exclaimed. No one payed attention to her.

"Grew a pair did ya?" The dark haired boy by the name of Nate asked laughing.

"Oh is today the day?" Emily airily said.

"Good for you, Luke." Jade exclaimed.

"He's not going to do it." Michael scoffed.

"I was gonna!" Luke exclaimed.

"Can someone tell me what's going on?" Lilly burst out.

"I was going to ask you a question." Luke's face started to turn a pale red.

"Oh yeah you were. What were you going to ask?" Lilly asked kindly. She smiled up at him. She was sitting at their favorite lunch table while everyone else, having just got there, was standing.

Luke's face grew redder. He looked around at all his friends. Olivia gave him a nod of encouragement, smiling eagerly. Nate, Jade, and Tyler gave him a thumbs up from behind Lilly's back. Michael raised an eyebrow as if to say "Well, are you going to do it?" Emily gave him a faint smile.

"I uh... was going to ask... well I was wondering..." His face was the color of a ripe tomato now. "If you..." He looked around at his friends once more. "W-would like t-to" He felt his courage deflate like a balloon as he looked at Lilly. She was still smiling waiting for answer.

What if he ruined their friendship? She was his first friend, his best friend. He couldn't do. It meant to much to him.

"Help me with my math homework?"

His friends let out the breath they had been holding. Luke sat down disappointed with himself.

"I knew he wasn't going to do it." Michael said crossing his arms. He looked slightly disappointed.

"The stars told me today wasn't the right day, Luke. It's better that you wait." Emily said.

Nate handed Michael a five dollar bill.

"Uh sure, Luke, but I'm not very good at math. I'll try my best though." Lilly said.

"Did I say math? I meant English."

"That I can help you with." Lilly stood up.

"I'm going to get something from the vending machine. Anyone want anything?" Her friends shook their heads.

"Alright. Be right back." As soon as she was out of sight Tyler smacked Luke on the back of the head.

"Ow!" Luke rubbed it.

"You should have done it!" Tyler exclaimed.

"You lost me five bucks!"

"The stars said no. It's good that he didn't do it today. Listen to the stars." Emily spoke again in an airy tone.

Jade smiled sympathetic.
"If I know my sister than I know that she will never abandon you just because you like her." She put a hand on his shoulder. He looked up at her.

"Jade's right. Lilly's your best friend, Luke. What's the worst that could happen?" Olivia asked.

"I could destroy my friendship and get my heart broken in one blow."

"But you guys would be so cute together!" Olivia squealed.

"Today wasn't the day alright! Even the cards say so!" Emily's airy tone had disappeared and there was some thin, purple cards laid out on the table.

"Emily, do you really think those work?" Michael asked.

"Of course they do. You said the same thing about Ouija boards, but you remember what happened last summer. Besides you've seen my magic work dozens of times before." Emily said nonchalantly shuffling her cards.

"Well, I... Fine." Michael was at a loss for words.

"Maybe someday I'll tell her how I really feel but for right now- sh*t she's coming back over here!"

Lilly walked back over to the group.

"What'd I miss?"

"Luke was just telling us about the dream he had about Justin Bieber!" Olivia exclaimed. Everyone looked at her questionably. Luke scowled. She mouthed the word sorry. Michael looked like he was trying really hard not to laugh.

"Uh okay..." Lilly didn't know how to respond to that.

Luke pulled Olivia aside.

"Justin Bieber? Really? You couldn't come up with anything better?"

"Sorry it's the first thing that popped into my head."
***********************************
Wow long chapter, 1529 words! Please tell me what you think! Thanks, bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.8K 6.3K 53
Darkness isn't just when you can't find the torch. It isn't only when there's no electricity and the moon's nowhere to be found. Darkness is a feeli...
1.6K 230 60
She is fierce. She is the future queen. She is a whole definition of power. The powers she has are amazing but she keeps them hidden. She doesn't tru...
1K 8 107
{{CURRENTLY UNDERGOING EDITING}} A kingdom across the sea, a man in pain clawing at a hated king who bears two shadows who protect him. A child, born...
81K 6.1K 45
One mistake changes Hannah's life forever, exiling her from her realm and isolating her from the man who loves her. Now, Hannah must find a way to re...