A Fresh Start (Kelli's Story...

By TheVoicesInMyHead14

Kelli and her best friend Meghan have always dreamt about moving to Dallas after graduating College, but Kel... More

A Fresh Start
Can You Start Friday?
New Friends
Pizza and a Movie
Easy Sherlock
Table for Two
Tyler's Place
Something Different
Who Wants a Shot?
Can I Say Something?
Meghan Wait!
He Worries Me
Have You Talked to Her?
You Don't Have to Go
I Got Flustered
But What?
Oops?
Prequel!

Game Day

397 6 0
By TheVoicesInMyHead14

Meghan's POV

Kelli and I were so tired after the long day we both had so we decided to go to bed. I walked towards my room when I heard my phone go off in my purse. I pulled it out to see a text from Tyler.

Tyler: Hey Meg, hope you got home safely. Man do I have news for you! Jamie thinks Kelli is really pretty and told me not to tell you, so naturally I had to tell you!

Me: Haha! You're such a great friend. She thinks he's cute too and she would kill me if she knew I'm telling you this.

Tyler: We should set them up! The kid needs a girl in his life!

Me: Coming from Mr. Single. I would love for them to be together but it's just too soon. She's been through a lot and I don't think she's ready for a relationship...but we can try!

Tyler and I kept talking about ways to try and get them together but we couldn't think of a flawless plan, so we gave up for the night. He said he needed to sleep on it to try and come up with the best plan ever. Just as I was about to go to sleep, I got a text from Jamie;

Jamie: Hey Meg, I was just wondering if you could give me Kelli's number? You know, because she seems like a cool girl and I want to be friends with her. That's all. I swear.

I laughed at the way Jamie was trying to play it off like I didn't know he had a crush on my best friend. I decided not to question him which I'm sure he would be surprised at, but relieved so I sent him her number and went to sleep.

*****************************************
Kelli's POV

I wake up and start to get ready for my first day at work. I'm so excited but at the same time, I'm freaking out! What if I mess up? Stop it Kelli, you won't mess up. I kept reassuring myself that I will be fine, I needed a second to calm myself down, so I sat on my bed and grabbed my phone. I hit the home button and a number I did not know texted me. I opened it and to my surprise, it was from Jamie.

Jamie: Hey Kelli, its Jamie Benn, Meghan's friend. I just wanted to wish you luck on your first day! You're gonna do great!

I kept reading the message over and over again. Did Jamie Benn really text me and wish me luck on my first day of work? What? It took me a second to think of what I was going to say back to him and then I figured I would just keep it simple.

Me: Hey Jamie! Thanks! It means a lot! :)

I put my phone back on the bed and finished getting ready. I meet Meghan in the kitchen and we ate a little breakfast and then we were off to the American Airlines Center. I went to Casey's office and he showed me everything I need to do before every practice and then we went out to go watch the Mavericks practice. It was so cool. I couldn't believe I was a Athletic Trainer for The Dallas Mavericks! We sat and watched until practice was almost over then we went into the trainer's room to get everything we needed for post practice. I wrapped some players in ice and sent them on their way. Or I prepared an ice bath for the ones who needed it. I met Meghan in her office and I waited there until she was done with her work. Jamie texted me after his practice and I would answer him whenever I had the chance.

Once we got home, Meghan and I sat down on the couch exhausted. We sat in silence for a couple minutes. I let out a giggle because of something Jamie said. Meghan looked in my direction.

"What are you giggling at? Or should I ask who?" I tried playing off cool

"Oh, no one. Just something on Twitter."

"Ha! Twitter my ass! If it was twitter you would have shown me! Who is it!?" She moved closer jumping up and down on her side of the couch.

"Ugh! Fine, it may or may not be Jamie..." I said trailing off on the Jamie part.

"Jamie...as in Jamie Benn?" She asked with one eyebrow raised.

"Maybe...yes!" I said not being able to hide the smile creeping on my face. "Are you mad?" I asked a little worried about what she was thinking about.

"Mad!? Why would I be mad!? I'm the one who gave him your number!" She laughed.

I figured she gave him my number but I wasn't sure! I don't know why, I just got nervous she wouldn't want me talking to him because of what I've been through in the past month.

"You know, Tyler texted me last night and told him and Jamie were talking after we left and Jamie thinks you're really pretty." Meghan said. I could feel my face turn red.

"He said I was pretty?" I asked thinking maybe I didn't hear her right.

"He texted you, didn't he?" She answered back. "If that's not a sign that he likes you, I don't know what is." She said getting up and walking into the kitchen.

"Do you want to have a movie night? Like a real movie night, like ones we would have in college!" I asked from the same spot I was in since we got home.

"You mean with cheesy bread and lava cakes from Dominos? Hell, yea I do!" She said as she grabbed her laptop and ordered our favorite comfort food from back in college.

"We haven't had a proper movie night like this since you moved down here two years ago Meg."

"I know. I missed it so much!" She said looking over to me with a genuine smile which I returned.

We picked out a scary movie like we always go for on our movie nights and right before it started, Meghan spoke up.

"You don't know how happy I am that you're here. I've missed this. I've missed you." We both looked at each other and smiled and went on to watch the movie.

******************************************

"IT'S GAME DAY!" Meghan screamed jumping up and down on the couch.

I guess we fell asleep during the movie. Meghan continued to dance around the living room and through the kitchen singing "its game day" over and over again and I couldn't help but laugh. Then she stopped at the dining room table.

"Oh! I almost forgot! This came for you today!" I walked over confused and went to open the package that was sitting on the table. There was a note inside, I opened up the note and began to read it out loud.

Kelli,

Since you're coming to the game tonight, I thought I'd make sure you would have a jersey of a decent player. Can't wait to see you tonight!
- Jamie

I picked up what was in the box and it was a jersey with the number 14 and Benn on the back.

I couldn't believe what I was holding. Jamie gave me his jersey to wear to his game tonight. Like What? Meghan was so excited she started jumping up and down.

"Oh my god! He so likes you! This is amazing! You'll wear your Benn jersey and I'll wear my Seguin jersey! It's perfect!" Meghan yelled with joy.

"Wait a second; you wear Tyler's jersey to the games?" I asked her wondering how nothing could be going on between them.

"Yea, Tyler's my best friend. Why wouldn't I wear his jersey? Plus, he gets me tickets to his games all the time." She said walking away.

I go to my room to start to get ready; we were to leave in three hours considering how we slept in so late.

********************************************

We make our way into the American Airlines Center; Meghan went over to will-call to get our tickets. The Stars are playing the Pittsburg Penguins tonight, being from Philadelphia, me and Meghan hate The Penguins, even if they have some of the best players in the game. Once Meghan walked back over with the tickets in hand, we started making our way to our seats.

I followed Meghan as we walked down the tunnel, all of a sudden, the ice appeared and the guys were already on the ice. I asked Meg where our seats were and she continued to walk down toward the ice. We were right behind the glass, first row and right next to The Stars bench.

"I can't believe these are our seats!" I said taking in the ice and the whole atmosphere.

"Tyler always gets these seats for me. He knows I rather be up on the glass than in a box." She laughed as she watched warmups.

We both were looking over at the penguins warming up, and talking shit, when all of a sudden, a puck came flying into the glass right in front of us scaring us half to death. We both looked at each other and started laughing. Then looked to see where it came from, only to see Tyler and Jamie cracking up, which only made us laugh even more. After a while, the boys skated over and started fooling around in front of us. Tyler kept turning around and looking at me and then he'd look at Jamie. Jamie knocked Tyler's stick out of his hand and skated away. He looked at us again and we just laughed at him and Meghan mouthed "You deserved that" to him and he shrugged then skated away.

The game was amazing just as we thought it would be. The first period was scoreless and then in the second period, there was a turn over and Jason Demers passed it to Tyler and it was a two on one with him and Jamie. Tyler passed it to Jamie who shot and scored! They skated over to the glass where we were and celebrated. Meg and I were jumping up and down banging on the glass. In the Third period Jamie scored again and then Tyler got an Empty netter! They won 3-0! Meghan and I couldn't have been any happier! We sat in our seats a little longer waiting for the crowd to die down a bit. After a while, Tyler texted Meghan and told her they had to do a couple of interviews but they wouldn't take long and to meet him outside the locker room. We made our way down towards the locker room and waited outside for the guys to come out. A couple of players came out and said hi to Meghan. She introduced them to me and I swear I died when I met Patrick Sharp! He's literally perfect! I was a fan when he was with the Blackhawks and now that he's with the Stars my love for him just keeps growing. Just then, Tyler walked out in a nice fitted navy suit. He looked great; I don't know why Meghan doesn't hop on that already! I guess I was hardcore staring because as he was getting closer, Meghan nudged me and knocked me out of my trance.

"Hey, Ty! Good game! I'm glad you guys whooped those Penguins asses!" Meghan said making him laugh a bit.

"Thanks, it helps that I had my number 1 fan there cheering us on." Tyler said to Meghan with a wink.

They need to just date already, Jeez!

"Jamie is just finishing up an interview and he'll be out in a bit. Meg, could I talk to you over here for a second?" Tyler took Meghan by the arm and pulled her over to a corner to talk to her, leaving me standing alone outside the locker room.

I pulled out my phone to try and not seem too awkward. I started scrolling through Twitter when the door to the locker room opened. I looked up and locked eyes with Jamie. He was in a black fitted suit with his hair gelled back, he looked so good it was so hard to look away.

"Hey, Kel! Did you enjoy the game?" He asked me with that adorable smile that could make your knees go weak.

"It was so good! You guys did amazing!" I was surprised I was able to form a complete sentence because I couldn't take how good he looked.

"I'm glad! So, are you hungry? If so, would you like to celebrate the win with me by going out to dinner?" Jamie asked nervously.

"Yea, Meghan and Tyler are over there, he wanted to talk to her for a second but I'm sure Meghan wouldn't mind going out to dinner with you guys!" I said and I saw his face drop. He started to look anywhere but my eyes.

"Well, I was kind of hoping it would only be just... you know... the two of us." He said scratching the back of his neck. I was so caught off guard by his question I didn't realize I was just staring at him not saying a word.

"Just the two of us? Yea, I'd like that a lot." I said smiling at him. A big smile came across his face and just when he was about to say something, Meghan and Tyler came walking over.

"Hey, guys Meghan and I were going to go to dinner and then back to my place to watch a movie if you guys wanted to come?" Tyler said.

"Actually, Jamie and I already made plans to go out to dinner, just the two of us. If you guys don't mind?" I looked at Meghan, knowing she wouldn't have any objections to it.

"I'll bring her home Meghan, and I promise it won't be too late." Jamie said making sure to get her approval before she even could say no. We all looked at Meghan who seemed to be thinking about what Jamie just said.

"*sigh* I guess it's okay, I guess me and Tyler will just go out to dinner ourselves and watch a movie without our two best friends." She said dramatically falling onto Tyler. We all laughed.

"I'll text you when I'm on my way home okay?" I said before leaving with Jamie.

"You kids behave now! Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" Tyler yelled to us as we walked out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 126 13
Your cousin's bachelorette party heats up when you run into a professional hockey player, Tyler Seguin. Are things going to be serious? Or are you ju...
313K 7.8K 81
I never thought that I'd ever fall in love. I've always been so afraid of being in love, and sharing every part of who I am with someone else. I didn...
153K 1.2K 33
two NHL players come to a girls rescue in a bar, and it changes her life. Social Media/ Real life
4.7K 81 55
Drea and Ana are just a couple of late 20-somethings living in Scottsdale, AZ. Soon though, they meet a couple of interesting guys that also happen t...