Sex, Love, and Other Mishaps

By BeautifullyGold

When frumpy, unemployed Blair Davenport catches her fiance cheating on her, she finds herself in desperate ne... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue

Chapter 22

63.4K 800 76
By BeautifullyGold

Blair chewed on her bottom lip. It was seven PM and she has just arrived home from the hospital to think everything through.

How the freaking hell was she pregnant?

Okay... She and Dex slept together... One, two, three... a lot of times. But they always used a condom and she was on the pill. And there was no way it was Brandon's baby. It was way too late for it to be his baby.

And when was the last time she and Dex had sex? She paused. About a week and a half ago.

Should she tell Dex? How far along was she? There was no way she was in her second trimester. She had to be in her first, maybe third week? She decided to call her doctor... Or a gynecologist.

"Hello, Dr. Reverend's office. Vanessa speaking. How may I help you?" the receptionist said. Blair blinked, wondering if that's how she sounded when she answered the phone.

"Hi. This is Blair Davenport and I was wondering if I could make an appointment with Dr. Reverend. I think I may be pregnant."

"Oh, okay. Just come on over now. We're open. How long will it take you?"

Blair looked at the website, where she'd found Dr. Reverend's phone number. Sure enough, his address was underneath.

"Five minutes," Blair said.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Blair drove herself to Fifth and Twentieth, a few minutes from her house. There was only one other woman inside, with curly brown hair and big doe eyes. Blair could smell the woman's nasty cheap perfume from a mile away.

"Hi. I'm here to see Dr. Reverend. I'm Blair."

"Oh! Yes, Blair. Hi. I'm Vanessa. I spoke with you on the phone. I just need you to fill out this information. It's just some insurance stuff, information, and questions regarding your pregnancy or possibility thereof."

Blair smiled, accepting the form and clipboard, reviewing and filling out the information. When she got to the pregnancy questions, her breath caught in her throat.

"Question 1) Do you feel short of breath (i.e. out of breath going up the stairs at work, etc.)?"

Blair bit her lip. Yes, she did. She thought about her daily three mile and back biking. Usually she got tired on her way back, on the fifth mile, but lately she'd been feeling tired after the second mile, toward her end point, which was highly unusual.

"Question 2) Are your breasts sore?"

Yes. Definitely. To the point she wanted to unstrap her bra.

"Question 3) Do you feel fatigue/nauseous/dizzy/faint?"

She didn't feel any of those, but still, that didn't satisfy her. She had answered yes to the other two questions.

"Question 4) Do you find yourself urinating constantly, constipated, and/or bloated?"

Well, she definitely felt bloated and she was going pee a lot more often, but she didn't feel constipated.

"Question 5) Do you have headaches/backaches/cramping?"

All the time.

"Question 6) Do yo have any sudden food cravings or aversions?"

She was suddenly in the mood for a Big Mac, but she hated McDonalds. And the thought of pasta made her stomach turn, causing her to feel nauseous...

She answered yes to that question before she went back and answered yes to nausea.

"Question 7) Do you have mood swings?"

Yes, she did, but she was usually emotionally unstable in certain ways.

"Question 8) Do you have an elevated basal body temperature (i.e. you feel warmer, despite weather conditions)?"

No, she didn't. In fact, she was perfectly content, temperature wise.

"Question 9) Do you have a sudden sensitivity to smells around you (in other words, 'super smell')?"

Blair recalled the way she'd had a sudden aversion to the perfume the other doe-eyed woman had been wearing when Blair had walked in. In fact, her eyes still burned from the smell, although she was on the opposite side of the room.

"Question 10) Are you spotting? Have you skipped a period or is it late?"

Blair chewed on her lip. She wasn't spotting, but her usually on-time period was a week late. Her stomach knotted.

"Question 11) Have you taken a pregnancy test? What was the result?"

She had taken a few tests, all reading positive. She answered neatly, "Yes. Positive."

With the majority of her answers being a 'yes,' especially the last one, Blair felt extremely nauseous. She went over to the receptionist, Vanessa, and turned in her form. "Umm... Do you have a bathroom key?" she asked.

Vanessa blinked, handing the key to the restroom. "It's on the left when you exit." Blair nodded, unable to speak. She grabbed the key and raced out.

Once she was in the privacy of a single stall bathroom, she leaned over the toilet and felt her lunch spill out from her mouth.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hello, Blair. I'm Dr. Christian Reverend," a handsome young man, about thirty-five years old, said to Blair, smiling sweetly.

"Hi, Dr. Reverend," Blair said shyly, her stomach knotting again.

No. No more barfing.

"Okay, Blair. I'm going to ask you some questions, regarding your questioning pregnancy. Got it? If you feel uncomfortable at any point, just let me know. You can say 'pass,' or whatever," he joked, chortling to lighten the mood. Blair felt herself relax. "Oh, and you can call me Chris. Dr. Reverend is very formal and I like to keep the mood as friendly as possible while being professional. Is that okay?" Blair nodded.

"Okay. First, you can lie down if you want. Close your eyes. Just relax. Okay. If you feel nauseous, there's a trash bin to your left. Please, don't vomit on me.

Blair tossed her head back, laughing. "Has that happened?"

"You'd be surprised how often it does." Chris gave her a half-smile. "Oh, and I'm also going to ask you to do a few activities, like jumping-jacks for example. Got it?" Blair nodded in response. "Okay. So, I see you answered that you were feeling short of breath lately? Do you do any physical activities?"

"Umm, I do a lot of biking."

"About how much?"

"I bike from my house to this little lake that I found and back. It's three miles there and three miles back, so six miles."

"Six miles? Okay. How long have you been doing this?"

"About three years." She recalled Brandon and her doing exercises together often, but Blair often wanted alone time, as did Brandon. Her alone time was spent wisely, biking and getting in some good exercise. She could almost bet what Brandon was doing in his few spare hours... She frowned at that thought.

"Do you ever get tired?"

"I used to get tired after the fifth mile, but lately, I find myself short of breath by the second mile. Like, my sides hurt and I just get winded."

"Okay." Chris wrote this down, pursing his lips. He adjusted his white polo. "You say your breasts are sore. Is this right?"

"Yes. I've been feeling like they're growing."

"Growing?" Chris furrowed his eyebrows, his hazel eyes flashing to Blair's swollen breasts. "May I check?"

"Go ahead." Blair let herself lie down and Chris unbutton her shirt. He unstrapped lacy black bra from the front. His hands felt her large breasts. She bit her lip, inappropriately excited but the way his hands roamed her chest. He noticed this.

"You okay?" he asked, smirking.

"Uh... Yeah...," Blair unsteadily replied, out of breath. His smirk grew and his gaze softened. Blair bit her lip harder.

Chris chuckled, buttoning her shirt back up. "They feel harder than if you weren't pregnant, definitely." He gave her a smoldering gaze. She looked aside, blushing terribly. "Do you know who the father is?"

Blair blinked and frowned, knowing exactly who the father was. It was Dex, but she wasn't even sure if they were still together. And he never asked her to be his girlfriend. They were sort of just a fling, as far as she was concerned. But she wasn't going to go around telling people that she was just a fling, especially not Chris. She didn't want to be viewed as a whore, despite the fact that she felt like one.

"It's my ex-boyfriend's," she half-lied.

"Ex? When did you two break up?"

"This afternoon. Ironically." Blair reminisced on Dianne's arrival and all the shit that had happened with her. Blair still wasn't sure how Dianne knew she was pregnant... maybe she was part of some all-knowing cult, like the Illuminati or something. She wanted desperately to be with Dex, but she couldn't. Not after hurting her and definitely not after what Dianne said.

The day had gone by so slowly. It was hard to believe that just that morning she and Dex were at the park and he had dedicated it to her. Just this morning, Alicia was on her way to school to see Johnny.

Just this morning was the last time Blair would ever kiss Dex.

Blair felt herself getting choked up, all sudden attraction towards Chris gone, at least for the moment. She missed Dex, no matter how mad she was at him. Sure, she hated his guts, but she also loved him unconditionally. But, no matter. Even if he begged, which she doubted would happen, she wasn't going to be his girlfriend.

Chris ran a few more tests on Blair, checking her pulse, asking for a urine sample (which she gave, embarrassed), and having her do simple exercises, which tired the fiddle-fit Blair quickly. She became nauseous at one point while doing push-ups, so she crawled over to the trash bin and threw up. Chris held back her hair, rubbing her back and laughing. He thanked her for not spewing her lunch over his jeans.

"Well, Blair. It looks like your pregnant. The urine samples came out positive. You're quickly breathless. You're vomiting. And, like it or not, you're extremely sexually aroused."

"What do you mean by sexually aroused?"

"Meaning pregnant women are... horny, for lack of a better word. But there is no need to blush. It's all natural." He smiled. "That's why I decided to become a gynecologist," he joked, winking at Blair, who was sent into an immediate blush. "Tell me. Are you going to tell your ex?"

"Probably... But I'm not getting back together with him," she stated stubbornly. She blushed quickly however, realizing how terrible that sounded. Keeping a baby from it's father? Well, that wasn't fair at all. She knew what it was like not knowing her father. But what if you knew your father and your parents weren't together and you only got to see your dad once every so often.

That must be worse but at the same time better.

She bit her lip and decided to think everything over later.

"Well... It might be a little soon, but... maybe we can have some coffee, get to know each other better...?" Chris smiled sweetly at Blair. She bit her lip.

"I'd like that."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When Blair came home, she found a blue Chrysler parked in her driveway. Instantly, she beca,e furious and silently demanded to know who the grade-A jackass was.

She was looking at the license plate, ready to call the cops and a tow-truck, when she saw a head of bouncy brown hair bounce in the driver's seat. She walked up to it, ready to attack with whatever she could find in her bag, and looked in the window.

"Mom?"

"Blair. Long time no see," said the one and only Lilly-pop Jones, a sly smile spread across her face. Sure, she wasn't the grade-A jackass Blair was expecting, but she was a shit-ton of other stuff that a daughter shouldn't ever think her mother to be. She stepped out of the car, a very fashionable outfit hugging her curves. Lilly wrapped her arms around Blair in an embrace.

"Mom... What are you doing here? It's not even my birthday..." Not that you even visit on my birthday, anyways, Blair added silently. She knew her mother rued the day that Blair was born. It meant that, technically, her life was therefore ruined forever. Blair got the occasional monthly check from her mother, but with the amount of cash she made with Dex, she didn't even need the money.

"What? I can't visit my daughter?" Lilly replied snappily.

Blair was taken aback by the affront, but then remember that this was Lilly, not her sweet old grandma with the world's best cookies. "No, you can, but... why? You didn't call or anything."

"Well... I wanted it to be a surprise. So, surprise!" Lilly exclaimed. Blair smiled weakly in return. "And, I was thinking that we could have that mother-daughter bonding shopping trip finally."

"Oh. You mean the one that we talked about when I was five?" Blair asked, frowning.

"No need to be a bitch, Blair."

"Great mothering, Mom. Calling your oldest child a bitch." Blair didn't dare say 'only child' because God knew if she really was the only child.

"Oh, Blair. You're my only child." Her mother smiled sweetly. "Well, aren't you going to invite me in?"

Blinking, Blair allowed Lilly inside, words becoming nonexistent for the moment. She brought her mother a cup of cold water and Lilly smiled gratefully in return.

"So, how are you?" Lilly asked once Blair was sitting.

"I'm good."

"How's Brandon?" Albeit her mother didn't personally like Brandon, she had tried to seduce him the last time she saw Blair. Blair frowned at the memory of Brandon getting a hard-on for her then forty-two year old mother.

"Umm... I'm not sure. We broke up."

"Good, because I'm absolutely positive the fool would have cheated on you. That little thing I did last time I saw you? I was testing his faithfulness. He's not worth it and I'm glad you dumped him."

"He did cheat on me and that's why I dumped him."

Lilly frowned. "I saw it coming. I told you and you didn't believe me."

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you, Mother, but it's not exactly everyday I have guys wanting to have sex with me."

"I don't see why they wouldn't. You're gorgeous and you have an amazing body. Something from your father and something from me." She winked. Blair sighed. "Speaking of which, your boobs look huge. Why?"

"Because, Mom, I'm pregnant," Blair admitted. Her mother looked taken aback. "Yeah. I know. Hard to believe that someone would have inserted his sperm into my body and knock me up, right?"

"That's not why I'm surprised, Blair. I'm surprised because you are always so prepared and mature. I wouldn't have expected this from you."

"Well, I'm sorry to disappoint. But you're not exactly one to judge either, Mom."

Lilly sighed and frowned. "I know. Which is why I want you to keep the baby. I don't want you following my example. I know you're all grown up now and I know you won't go into my profession, but that doesn't mean much, does it? I want you to get a well-paying job and keep the kid."

"I do have a well-paying job, Mom. Twenty thousand a week, in fact. And I am keeping my baby."

"Good, because the last thing you want is to become a sixteen year old stripper and having to have your mother take care of your kids, because you can't provide for them and then they end up hating you."

Blair's voice was watery as she spoke. "Mom. I can't hate you. You're my mother, for crying out loud. I mean there are times where I don't like you, but I still love you."

"I love you too, Care Blair." Blair smiled at her nickname from when she was little. Instead of Care Bear, her mother called her Care Blair, developing it so only they would understand it. Blair was about ten when she started to dislike her mother.

"So... When are we having that shopping trip?"

"How about tomorrow? You look exhausted and it's nearly nine."

Blair's eyes widened. "Nine?" She looked at her phone. "Dear God."

"Okay. I'll let you get your sleep and we'll catch up. Do you have a job?"

"Yes. I'm a secretary for Mr. Dex Richards, CEO for Richards Enterprise. We do a lot of studio work and such... Don't give me that look, Mom. I'm paid very well."

"Sounds like you're doing a hell of a job." Lilly smiled. "Well... I'll let you get some sleep and I'll see you afterwork. Call me when you're done."

Blair returned her mother's smile, momentarily happy. "Okay. I will."

Lilly left and Blair texted Alicia. Outside, thunder crashed, allowing rain to pour down from the sky. "My mom just visited. Going shopping tomorrow after work."

Blair remembered too late that Alicia couldn't reply back and that she was probably asleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Blair was in her room, just about ready to go to sleep when there was a knock on her door.

In her silky top and fleece pants for pajamas, Blair walked to the door, slippers on her feet and her hair in a messy bun.

Blair's face paled and her knees went weak as he drilled his grey eyes into her golden ones. His dark hair was soaking wet from the rain and water traced down his prominent cheekbones and jaw. His eyes were wide and full of wonder and sincerity and love and passion and sadness and so many emotions all at once that Blair became dizzy. She blinked, making sure it was him at her door. So many surprises in just one day... Blair was exhausted and ready to pass out.

First Dex with the park, then Alicia's accident, Dianne's "meet-n-greet," Dex cheating on her (well, technically he wasn't since they were never officially together, but Blair was nonetheless hurt), Blair being pregnant, Lilly showing up and being nice, and now...

"Brandon?" Blair gasped.

He gave her a weak smile. "Hi, Blair."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.4K 450 100
This is a story about jerika and their family problems from kids to car crashes to cheating. Jake and Erika have 3 kids and end up expecting more in...
6.2K 163 32
Ryker Adams Smith the popular bad boy, he may seem cold hearted but under all that he's a big softie. Even with family issues, he doesn't let that ho...
8.8K 243 17
“I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone, its not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel alone...
9.8K 201 15
The story between two people differ from everything and was connected with one thing. An official of the National Police Federation and a Mafia Boss...