The Widow's Daughter (Avenger...

By softballninja7

Delaney has lived a pretty tough life. She has been in hiding from many people but she doesn't know that. She... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chpater 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
SEQUEL
THE SEQUEL IS UP!!!

Chapter 18

3.6K 114 5
By softballninja7

Darkness.

You can't live your life without darkness.

It is one of the necessities of life.

If you live without darkness than you must be an angel. Something that doesn't exist. If you live without darkness you must not be living.

When darkness shows in your life then you are sad, depressed, or dying.

For me it is a whole new level.

For me darkness is empty. It is torturous.

Darkness does not just live inside of me. It is me.

In both worlds. In my fake memories and in my real ones, I am the darkness.

Nothing brought me light.

Nothing could.

Not even the love of my family could bring me the light that I have always wanted. I always wanted to see the light but no matter what I do I can't find it.

I have been running my whole life.

Running from the darkness.

Nothing can save me.

I am too far gone.

I was too far gone when I first breathed my first breath of air.

I don't think that anyone can save me.

Some say I have fallen. Others say that I can be saved. Most believe them.

But I can't be saved.

It's impossible.

Except for one person.

He understood me. He knew what I felt. He never saw me as the person who was hidden in the dark. He saw me as the person who can be saved. He saw me as the one person who was right for him.

He loved me and I loved him.

But when I crashed to earth all of those years ago or just last year, he was gone. He disappeared into thin air. When I became an assassin.

He was gone because I had lost my emotions.

That was how I was trained.

I was trained to lose all emotion. Well that's how I took it. I gave up when I was taken from my home.

I don't exactly know how I did it but I crashed on earth.

That was why they took my memories. They didn't want me to do what I was doing. They didn't want a monster on their planet so they took them away. They took everything away.

One year ago

"Delany hurry up!" Loki shouted. "They'll catch you!"

I giggled and picked up the bottom of my dress to run faster.

"I don't understand why I couldn't be on Juoddeik's team." I said when I caught up with Loki. "It would have made the teams a bit more fair."

"Well sorry for not being fast." Loki mumbled.

"I didn't mean it like that." I said.

Loki grabbed my hand and pulled me into the space between the two buildings. We were playing tag teams.

You had teams of even numbers. Many kids were playing but Thor and Juoddeik's team was it. And they always come after us. They always try to get us to be it. And they always catch us. It's because I slow down because I like to see Juoddeik but I always get into trouble because then I get tagged and Loki gets mad.
"I know what you meant. You just want to be with your lover." Loki whispered in my ear and laughed.

"Loki back up it's really hot." I said after a few minutes.

"I'm not near you." He said. He had slipped out of the end of the other buildings. "Delany are you alright?"

"No!" I screamed. Fire coursed through my body. "LOKI!"

I felt a hand grab mine and I looked to see Juoddeik. "Get her to the castle now." He said and pulled me out from between the buildings.

I fell into Thor's arms.

"Hold on Delany. Loki! Let's go!" Thor shouted.

He picked me up bridal style and began to run me towards the castle. I knew that coming to the town was a bad idea.

"Guards! Open the gates now!" I heard Loki shout.

Thor stopped running and looked at the guards. "Where is my father?"

"In the throne room sir." A guard answered right away.

"Thank you." He began to run towards the throne room.

I let out a blood curdling scream as the fire burned more.

"Father!" Thor shouted.

My father stood at the entering of Thor carrying me.

"It hurts so much!" I screamed again.

"What happened?" Odin asked.

"I don't know we were playing tag teams and when we heard scream for Loki and then she screamed when we got to her." Thor explained.

"Loki what happened?" Odin asked Loki.

"I don't know. We were hiding so we wouldn't be caught and then she said it was hot. She screamed my name and then Thor and Juoddeik showed up." Loki said.

Thor handed me to Odin and he took me into waiting arms.

"Delany I know it hurts but I need you to explain to me what it feels like." Odin said and placed me on the cool ground.

"It feels like fire. I am burning alive." I said. "The noise! Make it stop!"

"What noise? Delany! Delany explain it to me." Odin said.

"It's a ringing." I said.

"Now I knew you wouldn't take it to lightly if I had injured Thor or Loki. But you don't care enough to try and figure out what it wrong with your daughter? Now that is just sad." I turned my head to see Juoddeik.

"You did this to her?!" Thor screamed.

"Well I was going to Marry her and then Kill her but when I figured out she wasn't the one going to take the throne I had to get rid of her. Besides she was a waste of space. Don't you agree Odin?" He asked my father.

"Guards!" He shouted. "Take him to the dungeon."

"Delany stay with me." Loki said kneeling next to me.

I let out another blood curdling scream and light filled the room. Then nothing. No more pain no more light.

I looked around and saw a desert. It's dry. Nothing is here. What is going on?

The one that I thought I loved actually hates me?

No. No. No. NO!

I won't let myself live like this.

I saw a light ahead and that was when I snapped. The light was what ruined everything. I should have stayed in the dark.

I ran towards the light and I saw a building. It was bright with light but I didn't care. I destroyed it. I killed every person in the town.

No one survived.

"Ma'am. Calm down." A voice said. It was a women's voice. I turned around and saw a tall slim women standing there with red hair.

"I will not let you destroy my life!" I shouted and lunged.

She did a back rounded kick and I fell to the ground.

We were fighting for a long while before she stuck a needle into my neck. I tried to fight off what was going through my system but I was too weak emotionally and physically.

Before I completely drifted off I looked around and saw everything I have done. I was plunged into darkness at the sight of the people I have killed and the blood laying around me. I saw the flames burning everything in it's path.

Present

No matter how much I run I will always be in the darkness. And no matter what I say to myself or what people try to make me believe, I am, and will always be, the thing I hate the most.

A monster.

****************************************************************

A/N:
So I've been thinking and I say that I am almost done with the book. I want to try to end it in about 2 chapter but who am I going and making goals I don't meet.

But for those of you who have been reading this book for like the past year thank you for all your support. I love you all.

I am strong young Avenger ready to save the world.

Softballninja7

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 7.1K 23
What if Clint and Natasha had a kid? What if only iron man, agent coleson, and fury knew about her? But what happens if she wasn't really their ki...
43.5K 1K 13
"You can't take her Thor! She is my daughter! You can't take her!" "I am truly sorry brother, forgive me." ~ When Thor takes away the last person Lok...
248 46 25
When I was a little girl I always wanted to have super powers. I grew up with my father and mother but things weren't always the way they seemed. My...
458K 12.5K 21
[Book 1] There once was an innocent little girl who had everything she could ever ask for. But one day it was all taken away from her. She lives in...