• Letters • { Cameron Dallas...

By glisteningmoonlight

"If only my love was enough to keep us going, we would go on for eternity." More

Preface
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
A/N
UPDATE!

Chapter 20

734 31 8
By glisteningmoonlight

A few years had passed since Jacob's funeral, and life inside of the apartment was quiet, casual, and nice.

There had been no fighting, no crying, no breaking things. Only love. Only happiness.

Alex was 3 now. She was beautiful, and growing as fast as ever. She began to look more like Cameron everyday. Kirsten enjoyed watching them together. It was as if they were the same person.

"Come on Alex", Kirsten said,"it's time for your appointment."

Alex hadn't been feeling well lately, and she had decided to make her a Dr.'s appointment to get her checked out.

"You're not gonna give me a goodbye hug?" Cameron called to her.

She ran back, and jumped on top of him wrapping her small arms around his neck.

"I love you!" He said cheerfully.

"I love you too daddy."

She ran back and took her mothers hand.

"We'll be back later", Kirsten said, and they walked out the door.

When they arrived at the doctors office, they went inside, and took their seats waiting silently to be called back.

"Alexandria Ray?"

A nurse in pink scrubs called to them. She had a huge smile across her face, making her seem more creepy, than she would've been not smiling.

They stood up and walked back into their room, then took their seats again.

Soon, the doctor came in.
"We wanna run some tests, Mrs. Ray! Nothing to be afraid of yet, but we'll figure it out."

The doctor left the room after taking blood, and told them he would return with results. Kirsten's hands began to sweat. She became nervous to know if her child had strep-throat, or pneumonia.

There was a slight knock on the door and the doctor entered with papers and brochures in his hands. His smile had faded, and he refused to make eye contact with Kirsten. She squeezed Alex tight.

"Mrs. Ray. There's no easy way to say this." He lowered his head. Then raised it again, regaining his composure. "Alexandria has stage 3 leukemia."

Cancer?

"Cancer?" She repeated out loud.

"Now mrs. Ray, I know this can be a hard time, the diagnosis always is, but here are various brochures about treatments, family counseling, support groups. Many mothers find them very useful in this time."
He gave her a Weak smile.

How when everything had seemed to be going perfect... How could this happen?.. She thought.

She held in her tears for Alex, and nodded at the doctor. Alex didn't understand. All she thought was that she was sick. Not that she had a life threatening disease.

"Thank you." She shook the doctors hand, but he pulled her and Alex in for a hug.

"If you need anything, anything at all, my name is Dr. Stark. Please don't hesitate to give me a call."

She walked out of the office and placed Alex in her car seat. How would she tell Cameron? Better yet, how would she take care of herself and Alex at the same time? How would Alex ever understand? She was only 3.

She made it to the apartment, and Alex ran to Cameron hugging him as if she hadn't seen him in a million years.

"Hey munchkin!" He kissed her forehead. And hugged her tightly.

"Cameron." Kirsten said "we need to talk."

He sat Alex down in the floor and let her play with one of her favorite toys. His eyes have Kirsten his full attention and he awaited her to speak again.

"Cameron.. She.. She has cancer."

Cameron's facial expression turned to pure shock. He had no words for what he felt, and quite frankly neither did Kirsten.

But to her surprise, Cameron never faltered. He stood up, walked over to Kirsten, wrapped her in his arms, and just like he always did, promised her that everything would be okay.

She fell slowly into his chest, and cried until Alex became jealous, and tugged on her leg.

"I want a hug!" She screamed.

Cameron picked her up, kissed her and squeezed them both tight.

"We'll be alright." He told them. "I'll take care of both of you."

                        ❁

Alexandria's first chemotherapy appointment was pure hell. She cried, and screamed no matter how much the nurses tried to calm her down. The only way she would allow it to happen, was if Cameron sat in the chair and held her.

This became an every week deal. Cameron would leave work early, drive to the hospital, hold her, and sing to her softly until it was over.

As selfish as it sounds, Kirsten and Cam's relationship began to fall apart. There was no time for romance with a sick child.

He had an idea though. An idea to finally propose to her after 5 years.

Just like it started, just as he always had, he began to write.

Dear Kirsten,

What a life we have, and have had. From the first letter I read of yours, I knew you had to be mine.

Look at us now.

I know that sometimes our relationship hasn't always been the easiest. I know that I'm not always perfect. But I also know that imperfect love is perfect.

Kirsten, I love you. I love you and Alexandria more than anything in the world. You both consume every part of my life and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Coming home to you everyday, was the best decision I will have ever made.

That's right.

Every day for as long as we shall live I want to come home to you. I want to make more babies, live a more fuller life with you.

I want to have experiences that I never thought I could ever have, but with you.

Again, I know I'm not perfect. Neither are you. That's okay. But let's be imperfect together?

Marry me Kirsten.

Make me the happiest person alive, and marry me.

Always and forever, writing letters,

Cameron Dallas

And just as he always had, he signed his name to the bottom of the letter, and handed it to her.

She looked at him confused as ever, and smiled. She opened it and read it and pulled her hand to her mouth.

At the bottom near his signature, was taped a beautiful ring.

"Marry me Kirsten."

"Yes. Yes. Yes a million times again and again. Yes."

There in that moment, in that hospital, was something Kirsten would never forget. She was never able to feel so much joy and happiness from one person, and yet her sat the love of her life, holding her beautiful child, asking her to marry him.

"Yes yes yes."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
930K 21.4K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
568K 8.7K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
6.6M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...