The Ugly Sister

By Srilekhya_21

In my belief, every life has a bit of a Cinderella story to it. My only problem is that, in my own life story... More

INTRODUCTION
THE "UGLY" SISTER
THE MOVE
THE HOUSE AND THE HOTTIE
THE UGLY TRUTH
SUPRISES SUPRISES....
REALITY STRIKES ME HARD
MAKING FRIENDS
CLASSES AND CURSES
LETTERS AND LUCK
TUTORS AND TORTURE
THE TRUTH COMES OUT
MYSTERIOUS WANDERERS AND CONFUSING KISSES
QUIDDITCH KISSES AND BIRTHDAY CHASING
THE HEARTBREAKING BALL
THE HEARTBREAKING BALL: PART 2
THE AFTERMATH
FAITH, HOPE AND LOVE
EPILOGUE

PIGGYBACK RIDES AND WEIRD MORNINGS

3.3K 141 5
By Srilekhya_21

"James Potter, I swear that if you don't put me down in this second I'll hex you so hard, even your own mother won't recognize you!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. Why couldn't anyone hear me in that ruddy castle?

After leaving the library- and seeming rather calm for someone who was carrying a screaming girl- James continued walking through unknown hallways- at least for me as he seemed to know exactly where he was going- and I soon found out that, if he suddenly remembered of leaving me alone in one of them, I'd have no clue how to get myself in the Gryffindor Tower.

Also, I discovered he had a much stronger chest than I first thought, as I kept kicking him and all I ever heard were some muffled groans.

"Well, then I will keep you where you are. Don't want my handsome face ruined, do we?" he answered smugly, continuing his walk as if what I said meant nothing to him.

I sighed kicking him again, "You can't force me to go with you!" I told him, "I swear that once you put me down you'll never ever see my face again!"

He laughed, "And how do you intend to do that, may I ask? We live in the same school and in the same neighbourhood. Actually, in the same street. Now tell me: how will you manage to avoid me forever?"

I snorted, stopping the kicking as my legs started aching rather painfully, "C'mon, I'm getting sore!" I whined, "And I bet you are too. Please?" I asked sweetly.

He laughed again. It seemed that was all he could do. "Sweetness will take you no where," he said in a sing sang voice as he slapped my ass.

"Hey!" I said outraged as he kept laughing, "I can't believe you just did that!"

"You're the one who's been punching and kicking me for the last fifteen minutes!"

I huffed as I resumed punching him, "Well, don't do it again!" after some seconds, I got tired again and sighed, "Where are we going after all?"

"We're here," he said as he finally, and after what seemed like eternities, stopped and put me down. My first reaction was to slap him hard, but he seemed to foresee my actions as he walked as far away from me as possible in the hallway. Resigning myself, I looked around trying to discover where we were. I saw a landscape painting with trees and what I thought to be a bathroom. Also, there was this giant mirror.

All in all, I had no idea where I was.

"Promise me not to hurt me in any way," he said from the end of the hallway, "Or hex me."

"I can't promise you anything," I said, still fuming. "Not only did you force me out of the library, actually carrying me, but you also had the nerve to slap my ass!"

He chuckled as if he found the entire situation clearly amusing, "Sorry," he said, "But, just so you know, you have such a nice ass!"

I let my jaw open in anger, "That's it, James Potter! I'm not staying with you one more second!" with that said, I turned on me heel and walked away in an unknown direction.

"Okay!" I heard him say, "But you'll just get yourself lost and give me the trouble to find you!"

When I made no move to stop he screamed again, "Lily!" he said, and it sounded more like he was begging than actually calling me. I smirked to myself. "C'mon Lily! I'm sorry! Really! Please wait!"

After he said the magic word, 'sorry', I stopped and turned back, giving him my best glare. I knew I'd get lost if I kept being stubborn and ignoring him. "Where are we exactly?" I asked him, "It's almost dinner time and I'm starving so you better get me to the Great Hall immediately!" I commanded.

James looked at me with a relieved expression, "We're in the fourth floor," he told me, "And now you have to promise me you can keep a secret. A Marauder's secret."

I gave a mirthless laugh, "I won't promise you anything if you don't take me back in this second!"

He sighed and, for the first time since he had found me in the library, seemed really exhausted, "Please Lily, help me on this one. I swear you won't regret it."

I looked at the ceiling and pouted, "Fine, whatever."

He was smiling when I looked at him again, "Promise me," he said, "C'mon!"

I nodded, "Alright then. I promise," I said as dully as I could, but it had no effect as he started grinning like a mad man. I started to regret what I had just done... if it was a Marauder's secret it couldn't be good... could it?

He grabbed my hand before I had the chance to go over the promise I had done carefully, and pulled me, "Follow me," he told me, not really giving me any other chance, "You'll like it."

He positioned himself in front of the mirror and I saw -through the mirror- him saying some words an then touching it with his wand.

I gasped in surprise as I saw the mirror opening, as if it was a door, to leave a dark passageway in front of us, "What is this?" I asked, not being able to stop myself from feeling excited, "A tunnel?"

James just grinned back, "Just come and you'll see."

"Oh yeah," I said sarcastically, "It's really nice when you explain yourself so well."

He laughed and I smiled a little, as I had no other chance but to follow him as he led me through the dark corridor. His hand was still grasping mine, and I couldn't avoid but blush. Thank God it was dark.

After what seemed like half an hour but were in fact ten minutes, we got out of the tunnel. We were met still by darkness, but a different one that, however, didn't hide the beauty of the place we had arrived to.

We were in Hogsmeade!

"James Potter!" I hissed, "We're out of the school!"

He nodded, looking at me and grinning, "I know," he said, "Don't fret now, please!"

"Don't fret? Don't fret?!" I repeated incredulously. Never had I thought the tunnel would end in Hogsmeade! "We're out of school without permission and you are the bloody Head Boy!"

He dismissed my worries with his hand, "Just tell me, where you want to go first? How about the Three Broomsticks? Maybe Zonkos'? The night's still young and it's all ours!" He had a smile plastered on his face.

I shook my head, not amused at all. "You're crazy," I stated, "Completely and totally crazy! What if we get caught?"

He shrugged, "I never got caught." He told me proudly. After seeing my reticent expression he smiled, "What about this: if we do get caught, I'll say you're under the Imperious Curse and you only did what you did because I ordered you to."

I bit my lower lip in deep thought, going over what he had said to me. 'One night out couldn't hurt, could it?' I thought. He gave me those puppy eyes which remembered me so much of Madeleine whenever she wanted something that it made me laugh at his antics. If Mado was here, I thought, this was exactly what she would be doing. Finally, I nodded, "Alright," I said "But if we get in trouble-"

"We won't," he said as he grabbed my hand, "Just relax!"

"Okay then," I said, "How about a buterbeer first?"

He grinned at me, "Of course, my Lady!" he said as he started walking in the direction of the Three Broomsticks, completely forgetting to release my hand all the way.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Where the hell have you been Lillian Evans?"

I laughed at Alice as she and Anna peered over me.

When James and I arrived from Hogsmeade it was long past curfew. We had walked around the village most of the night and he had shown me places I had never even heard about. Also, he seemed a tad reluctant in going to the Shrieking Shack. I laughed at him for being afraid of the ghost everyone said lived there, but all I got was a tense laugh.

Maybe he really was afraid of the ghost.

Anyway, when we came back, he had told me about one more of the marauders' secrets: a map which contained the entire castle and the people within it, which they called The Marauders' Map. It was really an impressive piece of work, which avoid us being caught by the prefects or Filch. I had told him that, if we did get caught, he was the Head Boy after all; people would believe anything he said. He had only laughed at me and told me I was right.

"You know my name is Lily, not Lilian," I told her smilingly as I changed into my pajamas.

Anna and Alice looked at each other before Anna shook her head and smiled as Alice raised an eyebrow at me, "She was with him," she said, still looking at me, "Obviously."

I looked at her with wide eyes, "Was with who?" I asked. Was it that obvious I had been with anyone at all?

"You know perfectly well who you've been with," Alice said as Anna looked around, to make sure Meagan and Fiona were asleep. After all, one was the gossip queen and the other the rambling princess.

"Where did he take you?" Alice asked me excitedly at last as she was sure the others two were deeply asleep.

"I wasn't with anyone," I lied, "I was... in the library."

They laughed, "Dear, we went to the library looking for you. And do you know what we were told?" Alice said as she sat on my bed.

I dreaded the answer as I asked "What?"

"That you exited the library being carried by James Potter," Alice explained "And then we went looking for him and... guess what?" she asked me with a grin, pausing for effect.

"No one knew where he was," she completed "So I ask again: where did he take you? Aren't you mad at him?"

I sighed. It seemed there was no way to escaped, "Okay, I was with him," I gave in, "But I promised him I wouldn't tell anyone where we went," well, technically, I had promised I wouldn't tell how we went. But they needn't know that. "And we're okay now."

Alice sighed in disappointment, "You can't tell us? Oh..." she said.

Anna shook her head, "The important is," she said, "They're okay."

I nodded, "We are."

Alice looked suddenly at me with a new glint in her eyes, "Lily..." she said slowly, "Tell me you don't."

I looked at her bewildered, "I don't what?"

"Oh Merlin," she said concernedly, "You do!" she said, "You so do!"

I was even more bemused, "No, she can't," Anna said. It seemed I was the only one who didn't understand what that conversation meant, "She'd get hurt."

"But she does!" Alice said, "This is so wrong!"

Fed up, I decided to speak, "Care to explain what I do or do not?" I asked, "because I'm not getting it!"

"Lily, tell us," Alice started, "Tell us you have absolutely, utterly, completely, totally, zero-"

"Al, hurry up!" I said, exasperated, "I don't have all night!"

"Tell me you have no feelings for him. Tell me you don't like James."

I looked at her and, after the initial shock had passed, laughed, "What?" I asked, "Of course not!" I said, still laughing, "Where did you get that idea from?"

She looked at me as they both sighed in relief, "Thank Merlin!" Alice said, "For some moments I thought- well, it doesn't matter what I thought!" she stated, "Important is, you don't like him. And I'm going to sleep now. Good night," she said.

I laughed as she made her way to her bed, "Good night, Alice."

I looked at Anna who was still there, "I hope you're sure of what you just told us. You don't know how he is when it comes to girls," she told me.

I nodded, "Don't worry. I don't like him like that."

She nodded as well, "Okay then. G'night."

"Good night." I said as I watched her move to her own bed.

As all the lights were off and I was lying on my bed, I found out sleep wouldn't come.

What they had just asked me kept echoing in my head. I couldn't like him. He liked Petunia, she wanted him as well. I was exactly what he didn't want, or need. I just couldn't like him.

But what if I did?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next morning, as I woke up and started going round preparing myself to school, there was something in the air that told me it would be a different day. I don't know what it was, but strange things kept succeeding, proving me to be right in my former thoughts.

It all started in the Great Hall...

"Good morning, sunshine."

Proof number one: James sat with us at breakfast.

I smiled curiously as I looked up to see James sitting next to me at breakfast. Alice and Anna gave me bemused looks but I only shrugged at them. I was as clueless as they were. Fiona and Meagan- Thank God- had already gone to class.

Prove number two: Fiona and Meagan gone to class earlier.

"Hey!" Charlotte exclaimed smiling, "I'm sunshine, not her!"

James laughed, "Sorry little sunshine," James said, "Slept well?" he asked, turning to me.

I raised my eyebrow at him. "What?" he asked.

"Nothing," I said, shaking my head, "It's just that... well, you don't usually sit with us, do you?"

He gave me a bemused expression, "Why, can't I sit with you?" he asked.

"No! I mean- it's not that." I said quickly, "I'm just not used to it. You normally sit with, you know, the Marauders"

"Yeah," he said "And I am sitting with them."

I gave him a confused stare, but the expression was quickly erased from my face as the other three- Sirius, Remus and... what was it? Oh yeah, Peter- sat next to him.

Proof number three: not only James, but all the Marauders sat with us for breakfast.

"Good morning!" said Sirius, as the other two nodded politely.

I, Alice and Anna nodded back in greeting to them as Charlotte said a cheerful "Good Morning!"

"I'll be going," Anna said, getting up "Shaun's waiting."

Proof number four: Anna had gone earlier from breakfast to meet Shaun, who was still eating at the Ravenclaw table.

Alice and I raised an eyebrow at her but kept quiet, "Okay then," Alice said "See you later."

She walked around the tables, said something to Shaun and exited the Great Hall.

"She really likes him, doesn't she?" Sirius told us, as I noticed a hurt expression crossing him face.

Proof number five: since when did Sirius care about a girl liking him or not?

The other guys laughed at what he said, but I noticed the look James sent him.

"She sure does," Alice said happily, "Well then, what brings you fine boys to our table in this fine morning?"

I snorted at her comment as I looked at my glass with milk. "What?" James asked.

"What what?" I asked back, feigning ignorance.

He sighed exasperatedly, "What was the snort for?"

"Oh, that!" I said, as if I had just understood what he had said, "it wasn't for anything."

He raised an eyebrow at me but shrugged it. "But it's raining," I whispered to Charlotte as she laughed, understanding what I meant.

"By the way, Lily," Remus said, "I won't be able to tutor you tonight."

Proof number six: Remus never missed my tutor sessions

"Why?" I asked, confused.

"My mum's sick," he told me "I'm going to see her."

A sympathetic expression appeared on my face "Oh" I said, "It's okay then. Hope she gets better."

He nodded, "Thanks," he said "Anyway, as you can't afford to miss any kind of help, I found someone to replace me."

I looked at him curiously, "Really?" I asked, "Who?"

"James," he said calmly.

Proof number seven: James would be tutoring me in the library when just the night before he had... well, done what he had done in the library.

My jaw dropped. I couldn't enter the library if I was even a bit near James Potter! "No way," I said, "Impossible."

"Why not?" James asked "I'm as good as he is and-" he got closer to me, "Like you reminded me last night quite often-" he added in a whisper so that only I could hear, "I'm Head Boy," he finished.

"Exactly because of last night. Do you remember what you did in there last night? The librarian won't let us in!"

"Uh-uh," someone cleared his throat. I looked up to see it had been Sirius and, when I looked back at James, I noticed how close our faces were. I quickly drew away, as my cheeks felt hot, "Sorry to interrupt you there, lover birds," I blushed even more, but Sirius only grinned, "If you don't want James to do it, I can do it instead. I'm as good as he is," He smirked, "Scratch that. I'm better than he is."

Proof number eight: Sirius Black offered to tutor me.

"Sirius's right," Charlotte said, "You wouldn't want Jimmy for your tutor. Believe me when I say he has no professor skills in him at all!"

Everyone laughed and it was James' turn to blush, "Yeah, yeah Charlie. Like you haven't had an Outstanding in every essay I made you."

"Charlotte!" I said, "What did I told you about the essays?"

She just laughed, "What can I do? He didn't do his as well and he got Head Boy! I'm only following his example!"

James reached across the table to ruffle Charlotte's hair "Very well," he said, "You clearly are a Potter."

I smacked James on the head, "What an example you put up! You're supposed to be responsible!"

"But I am!" he said.

"Oh great," a sarcastic voice interrupted us. Sirius again. "Now the lover birds are fighting. I can only imagine what Petty will say once she knows about this."

That immediately ruined my mood. He just had to bring Petunia into the conversation. James seemed to quieten all of sudden as well, "Alright Sirius," I said "Be on the library at eight sharp."

He grinned, "I knew you'd prefer me!"

I waved my hand dismissively as I stood up, "Whatever," I said "You two coming?" I asked Charlotte and Alice.

"No, I'll wait for my friends," Charlotte said.

I nodded as Alice got up and started walking out of the Great Hall with me.

I turned back one last time to see James smacking Sirius upside the head.

Weird day, really, I thought, and we're only in the beginning of it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44.4K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
675K 33.4K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
36.7K 1.8K 30
Maggy Maryland May. At least I still remember my ridiculous name. But again, not about the name. This is a story of how I fell in love with a strange...
369K 15.1K 122
It all started when Princess Catheline married the dangerously attractive and recently crowned King of Anthreal, Xander. After their marriage, he ne...