THE AFTERMATH

You know those moments in your life when you simply don't know what to do?

Well, I pretty much felt like that as I stared wordlessly at the man in front of me. I just stared. He loved me... but he had kissed my sister.

He said he loved me... but he had touched my sister lips earlier.

What if I kiss him, I thought, and her saliva is still there?

I found myself thinking in the strangest things one could imagine. And then... the Cinderella story came to my mind.

If I was the ugly sister, why did James want to be with me? Maybe he wasn't the Prince Charming after all??

I shook my head mentally to take myself out of that reverie. Thinking about the Cinderella when the guy I wanted had just said he loved me!

"Lily?" James asked me as he, at last, let go of my arm. "You really don't have to say anything..."

Really now?, I thought, good, because I don't know what to say!

"What are you talking about?" A shrieking voice asked. We both turned and I was even more shocked than before. Maybe shocked isn't the right word. I was more like... speechless. Yes, that's it.

"Why are you lying like that? You kissed me!" I heard Petunia saying as both James and I stared at her. "How can you prefer that bitch instead of me!!"

James' jaw fell. What did you just called her?" he asked.

I smiled inside as Petunia was at a lost of words, "I... I... what does it matter??" she shouted at last "You have to love ME not her! She's ugly and fat and I'm... I'm... perfect!!"

I looked at James to see him shaking his head, "I should have believed Lily when she told me how you were. Now I know I picked the right sister. She's something you'll never be... she's not perfect, but I love her just like she is."

Petunia reddened in anger and I could swear that, just for some seconds, she seemed uglier than ever. Wow.

"I can't believe you did this!!" she screamed "She's just an ugly slut!"

"You can't talk about me like that!" I finally reacted.

She turned her angry glare on me, "You... you! You always wanted this, didn't you? Get something I wanted? Something that was mine? I hate you, witch!" she said, "I hate all wizards! You... you... freaks!" she screamed, before turning on her heel and running back to the house.

I stared after her incredulously.

And then I felt it. James grabbed my hand and led me back to the middle of the glade. And- the music in the house still being heard and the fairies coming back- he started leading me, dancing with me.

"Let's forget about her." He said "I'm happy this is over with."

He then smiled and approached his mouth to my hear, whispering, "I said I'd show you the fairies."

Those simple words sent shivers all through my body. "Mmhmmh." I answered half consciously.

Even after all I had heard from him, from my sister and all the dancing, I was still stuck in the part he said "I love you."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
James and I danced through the night, even when the music stopped.

When fatigue finally took over me, James took me home where- fortunately- the twins and my sister were already asleep.

No other word about us was exchanged that night, not did I answered him that I loved him as well.